Atlanta Renato: OWOD

Nyghtshade

I started playing WOD in 1998 in college and have been through quite a few games since my first campaign evolved from Project Twilight to a full on WOD game and then dissolved with the graduation of the players.

I have had some good experiences and some nightmares. Currently, I am out of work on disability so I have ample free time; as such, three of my associates have asked me to run an OWOD game. While three with an npc is "good" for DnD I would prefer more players for the complexity of interaction that OWOD seems designed for.

After speaking with LydaLynn and she directed me on how to create a forum for my own storyline, I am making this post...

Disclaimer:

I am very aberrant in my mindset so I do not call myself a storyteller, the players of the game tell the story with their actions, I just give the reactions of the many people they share the world. With that said there are certain behaviors that do not work with the way I see the world.

1) A four plus in a stat is boon to that toon, and no more than you can brush off the hit from the punch of a 4+ strength toon just because you do not like built people...can you brush off the smile of a charisma 4+ toon or not turn your head to a appearance 4+ toon. If you do not like those things take the flaws hatred and intolerance and they will be enforced as flaws.

2) Also the shadow playing of stats, if you can write masterpieces of prose. I will love to read them but if your character is doing the same with no points in expression, craft, performance, or etc...please be fair to the toons that did place their points there. This also applies to wits and intelligence.

3) Mortals out number the supernaturals exponentially and as such are a force to be reckoned with.

Rage is enforced:

Rage 3 expect to be questioned by the authorities often and to have many false police reports filed on your activities.

Rage 4 expect to be detained and arrested, as terrorized people earnestly report how you make them feel.

Rage 5 mob leader, gang leader, or other position that justifies your aura of intimidation when amongst them.

In writing since I have seen to often the us of the Glasswalkers voided, by the adverse affects of rage not being enforced.

Also be aware of the demographic your toon belongs and the parts of town he finds him/herself.

4) I accept all power levels of characters, your OOC availability, knowledge of the abilities of character, and the completeness of the background story. This is to combat the formation of an old guard or the OOC knowledge that characters and players power level match. Nothing to keep a rank 5 silent strider from visiting a caern, the archons visit without warning, and really who knows how old the new verbena. I push for characters to stay in character.

5) Please be open minded and mature, I am a respectful person but as I am playing numerous people their responses may not always be...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's Cross-Over setting...I usually stay away from werewolf, but one of the three, wants to play a changing breed so I just put that out there as it stood out as one of the most ignored social stats I have ever seen.

Thanks for pointing out that gap of information.

Venues:

Mortal

Mage

Vampire

Changing Breeds

Demon

I do not have the books for Wraith, Changling, or revised Mummy and would prefer antagonists to the level of Hunters not to played while the player base is still forming.

Quote:
4) I accept all power levels of characters, your OOC availability, knowledge of the abilities of character, and the completeness of the background story. This is to combat the formation of an old guard or the OOC knowledge that characters and players power level match. Nothing to keep a rank 5 silent strider from visiting a caern, the archons visit without warning, and really who knows how old the new verbena. I push for characters to stay in character.

Creation rules being typed at this moment.

Well, since abomination is a werewolf who has been turned into a vampire, they would lose all of their magical abilities. As such, they would be an EX-Cult of Ecstacy member.

I'm considering whether to make a character for this game. I have the advantage that I don't have to learn yet another system, but have quite a few games going right now. Participation will likely rely on whether I get a character inspiration.

To clarify: Are garou characters permitted? We were discussing this in chat, and some of the other posters thought you were allowing changing breeds as long as they were not Garou, while I was under the impression that you merely didn't want to include any shapeshifters originally but had been convinced to change your mind.

Garou are permitted, I have had very bad experiences with garou and individuals playing them to let out their aggressions and throwing out actual guidelines and directions in the books where garou gain wisdom and control of the rage as they go up in rank.

I am a very pc person so I can be passive aggressive in my statements, my goal is to have protagonist characters to start off the game and people to get to know each other.

If a player falls in the group that they wish to sow chaos or say things they would never say in person, there are plenty of games that offer that outlet. I however, would like to direct them there and not create a character here.

Not to give the impression that all my experiences have been horrible, I had a stargazer I loved to play though getting challenged at every moot grew old. I yearned for someone to stand up for me but it never happened and I retired the character. I do not intend to allow that to happen to any of the characters in this game.

I hope you do, the basic and young tier toons have no time requirements of the players. So it would very much work to have you pop in when you can...I would just ask you to write yourself out of scenes if you know you will have an extended away period.

Originally Posted By: Wyrd
Well, since abomination is a werewolf who has been turned into a vampire, they would lose all of their magical abilities. As such, they would be an EX-Cult of Ecstacy member.

Actually the fact that he's a Risen would exclude the character from being all the other options in that sentence. Thank you though for trying to correct a joke that you obviously didn't even get.

I chuckled. smile

Originally Posted By: Dave ST
Originally Posted By: Wyrd

Actually the fact that he's a Risen would exclude the character from being all the other options in that sentence. Thank you though for trying to correct a joke that you obviously didn't even get.

I chuckled. smile

I wasn't certain what a risen was, but I figured it was probably non-compatible with the other categories. The only technically compatible pairing you had in there was a werewolf and a vampire, and very few GM's would allow that by itself.

You should have worked out a way to include Changeling, Hunter, and Orpheus in there, though.

Originally Posted By: Nyghtshade
I have more than a few people mentioning werewolf and vampires...so far noone else has mentioned playing demon and only one other mage.

I'm working up a Cultist of Ecstasy with Time 7 and a host of other nastiness. He'll be based off a PC I played a long time ago.

Can we use the Big Book of Beating Ass to expand a character's fighting library?

I'm not sure what I want to do - the garou I'm thinking of I previously had on a different pbp and would love to bring her back - but she's really angsty - and demon - also really full of angst - and I've got tons of that with Pip right now [and a bit with Olivia] - so I need someone who's . . . cheerful, bright, sunny . . . but I don't want to step on anyone else's concepts - so . . . I'm still thinking.

Archived