Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 11: Homecoming

Justin OOC

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Damn Politics" She muttered under her breath even as she marched in with the others. "I must say, I wonder if Tsunami hasn't refused to speak out of disgust.. " She was fairly sure she was about to offend a number of different folks with her statements, but she decided to go straight for the jugular here.

"I must say, I see only two people here, among the nobles of this empire who have made any attempts to stop the recent attack on your empire, and both of them are up there, on the throne." She turned to look at each of the gathered houses. "Where were each of you when this world was attacked? By what right to you have any say here at all? I expect your goddess is less then happy with you, especially sense you don't even seem to be willing to hear what she might have to say."

That got them all going. "Who do you think you are... HOW DARE you!" being the more polite things said.

Kai remained silent.

The nobles clammored for an apology for Sakura's remarks, her accusations.

Kai remained silent.

The Humans were barbarians, they knew only war. One noble, no one saw which, said "Perhaps it would be best to show earth what real power was, and finish what the Federation had begun."

Kai's head snapped up, and he looked at the nobles, his eyes burning.

"We have aided you when you called. We extended our hands in peace, and you do this. I can handle insults to Earth. I can handle insults to my people, I can handle insults to myself."

"I am young by your standards, but know this, NONE of you is as powerful as I am. Threaten my homeworld with genocide once more, and I will personally make sure you can never make war again."

The entire room went silent, as Kai's promise was leveled at everyone there. In that moment they all knew that with his military might, the backing of his servant Captains, and his ships, he meant every word, and would back it up.

The Emperor held his hand up. "Enough all of you. Today is a day to rejoice, not bicker and threaten. Kai, I swear, that so long as I rule, Earth is safe. An alliance exists between us, and we will honor our part."

His eyes narrowed. "I'd ask that you return to your starships now, and we will forward the data to you regarding the ceremony.

Kai looked at him, the young man's fury blazing behind his eyes.

He nodded once. "As you wish, Emperor." He bowed his head and looked to Lily and Ryoko, and Skye. "Princess, Regent, Priestess, be well."

He turned and stalked from the room, leaving the others to follow him, indicating they all should do the same.

Rebecca crosses her arms under her cloak. "This has been a dissapointment... and I thought everyone here had a voice... one tragedy ends and the seeds of another are sown..." She says, making sure all heard before she starts to walk out. "Passions burn bright today, but could burn us all tomorrow."

She pulls her hood over her head. "Your Majesty, I thank you for allowing an audience." She says bowing. "Do not look ill upon us."

She walks out, and locks step with Kai. "So... is that your answer?"

Throughout, Lily stood poleaxed, her mouth slightly open but no words coming out. At first she honestly thought she'd just heard wrong. Then as things got worse, her brain got trapped in a sort of schizoid loop as she kept repeating to herself that it was just a misunderstanding. And as it all ended, suddenly she saw more clearly.

Dylandiel had known this was coming. When Lily had shut him up to hear her father, he'd known what was coming next. A deal had been brokered on that moon, behind the shield.

"Father," Lily whispered. "What have you done?" She looked down at him there, trying to see the man she thought she knew. "What did you do?"

Francis walked out with the rest, anger simmering beneath the surface. The peacocks had succeeded in reversing much if not everything that had been done and gained in the war, refusing to concede to reality. And with the weakness of the Emperor, and the few nobles allied still equally weak, they pulled it off. "That's the problem, Rebecca. Those who really had a voice were against us from the beginning. We have peace and an alliance, but a hollow one."

The heart and soul of the alliance had been ripped out. Kai and Lily had a political power in it, the biggest symbol, and the nobles- the Emperor was a puppet now- had destroyed it.

"Dammit... damn aliens and their politics. Worse than parliament." She says with a slight growl to her accent. "This feels like for every step forward we go two back. We paid for THEIR planet in blood, sweat, and tears. Their people suffered - I saw that suffering first hand recently! I can't just... accept this and move on! This is unacceptable!"

Rebecca remembers Midiri and the children from the orphanage. "There has been... enough war." She clenches a fist, the material of her flight suit creaks from the violence of her grip. "How much more fighting must there be?"

"Why doesn't the people do anything... The Nobility should serve their people, not the other way around..."

"I did what I had to do, to keep the peace you won intact." He didn't look at her, she didn't need to see his eyes to hear the shame in his voice.

It was something he only supported, and expected her to support, because it was best for the people, who had already suffered so much.

-------------------------

Kai shook his head. "It will never be enough for them. They only seek power."

The people of Dalaraan do nothing because they cannot. aside their longevity, the Dalaraan people are generally only as strong as average humans. they have most of the standard powers, but they're all weak."

He shook his head. "It's the same on Earth, no one will dare attack Satoshi, not after the display with the nukes."

He nodded. "I know one solution to this situation, but it won't solve the problem."

Rebecca steps over to Kai and whispers "What do you have in mind, sir? I don't think we should speak here, within surveillance of any... prying eyes." She states looking around. "There's surveillance cameras here. Most likely microphoned up... We should speak where we have control of our privacy."

She then has a realization... "What sort of say does Lily have in all this?"

Kai nodded and gestured to the doorway nearby. The lines that marked him as a skeleton Key began to glow and the door began to glow, then open, revealing the interior of the Archangel's Ready Room. "Go, now."

They didn't argue.

Once everyone was through the door closed. "Captain Hoshino."

"Yes Head Captain. "Call back ALL Satoshi personnel and bring our forces to level two combat alert. No overt displays, just defensive posture only."

"Yes Head Captain."

The orders went out, and the blast shutters began to close as the ship readied itself for battle. The Satoshi personnel didn't question it, used to readiness drills.

He shook his head. "You asked what I wish to do? I want to kill all of the nobles who have pursued this. I'm so tired of war. They threatened Earth, because they're afraid. They wanted me to protest, but I didn't, so they went after something they knew I couldn't let stand."

"I hope Lily understands why I said what I said." In that moment they could see he did truly love Lily, and it was only as the Leader of Satoshi, and knowing what his protest would have caused that he'd agreed to what he'd been told.

"Things will not change, if they go as they are."

"No," Lily said softly, surprising herself. Part of her was already taking her father's side, insisting that this sacrifice was necessary, that only through politics like this could another civil war be averted... "No," she said to that too.

"Those are words coming from fear," Lily said to the Emperor, her father. Her heart was racing, but she had to say it all. "Fear that destroys faith. Faith in me, and faith in yourself, and in the people of the Empire. I won't let you do this. Not because I love someone else...even though I do. But because I love the Empire, and its people, too much to make their sacrifices mean nothing by putting that murderer on the Throne."

She leaned over to try to look her father in the eye. "Please set your fear aside, and help me. Don't make me refuse your orders. No formal declaration has been made yet. You can still undo this."

He said nothing. "You will do this for the Empire, Aksan, because it is what is required of you. It may be hard but you MUST."

he didn't look at her until the end, but his eyes showed a weariness not born of fear. His eyes were the same as she always remembered, though shame and profound sadness clouded them.

"I have always believed in you, and now you must prove that faith well founded a final time, and carry out my Will, as ever you have done."

Francis supposed there really was little they could do at the moment. Yet, a thought occurred to him, or at least the idea of keeping eyes and ears open for something, if there was anything. "Kai? As I recall, the communications grid on the planet was set up by Ruri and myself. I think it is still appropriate if I do some monitoring of the system to make sure it's still going smoothly."

It was obviously clear what he meant.

"For the Empire?" Lily demanded, eyes shining. "The Empire needs an Emperor who is good and fair. Not a monster! You may think this will spare the Empire, but all it will really do is condemn it! I'm not saying this for me, father! You cannot put Dylandiel on the throne! He is weak of heart, craven of spirit, and knows nothing of honor or decency. He will kill the Empire as surely as Hizashi would have! Why can't you see that?"

Dylandiel looked up and smiled. "Well Lily, if that's how you feel, I suppose I can just wait and marry Sasami. Either of you will do."

ryoko looked at him and he laughed. "I have no desire for a regent who has no position any more, Ryoko, so you can do as you wish."

Her fist began to glow, and he held his hand up to forestall an outburst. "Deny this Lily, and the empire will be finished. My people will follow me, and we will take the throne, one way or another. It is time for you to grow up and quit playing games, little girl."

In the ship Kai nodded for francis to make the comm linkup so they could hear what was said, though they missed the last few minutes.

Lily whirled to face Dylandiel, face defiant.

"What did Hizashi offer you?" she asks. "For your aid. When he had slaughtered Tsunami's corporeal form did he promise you he'd put you on the Throne? What a terrible surprise it must have been for you when he let Takashi start killing everyone. And then when I arrived with the allies I won at Earth, you stood back and watched while we bought freedom for Dalaraan with our blood and lives...planning all the while to march in and take what you wanted all along."

"You're a scavenger, Dylandiel. You dishonor your line, and if you sat on the Throne it would crack into pieces beneath you before it would hold you up!"

She looked around at the other nobles. "And you who would support him...I don't know your motives. Your reasoning. What he offered you. What he threatened you with. If you've seen the footage of the fight, then you saw Tsunami herself stir from her rest to come to our defense. She has given us another chance! We cannot betray her trust again!"

Lily held out a hand.

"I ask you each to come stand with me, and the Emperor, to display your loyalty to this Empire that has spanned the stars since the stars first shone. Your loyalty to the man under whom the people have prospered, until he was betrayed by the corruption of those he trusted. And most of all, your loyalty to Tsunami, who has waited patiently all these long years for us to live up to what she knew we could be...and waits still."

"The people of the Empire have suffered for the games the Houses play, and the ambitions of a few. If any among you have the strength of soul to feel shame for that, and wish to join me and my father as we try to make it right...then come here to stand with us."

"I have no idea what you're talking about." he was clearly lying, but all the same none of the Lords moved.

Then it happened. the clan leader of all hiroga, A wolf aspect named Tsume, hair grey with age, moved, first kneeling before the Emperor, then taking up his place to defend the throne.

"Tsume, your people were annihilated by her allies. How can you possibly stand there along side her?"

The blue eyed wolfman looked to Lily. "She has honor, her Consort has honor, they fought WITH Honor."

Wordlessly, the three nobles who'd supported the emperor came over to stand again with the Empire.

Dylandiel said nothing at first and then nodded. "So be it."

he snapped his fingers. "Take them Now!" in an instant two dozen reiki assassins appeared, each one reaching out with inhibitor collars in hand, placing them around Ryoko, the allied nobles, and the emperor's Necks. Only Lily reacted fast enough to see it coming, feeling the collar's negation effect and have a chance to avoid it.

From the bridge of the Archangel, Rebecca nods. "Kai... fate smiles this day." She says, dramatically tossing to the side her cloak. She turns to an ensign on the Bridge. "I need a weapon."

Rebecca knows that going down there with just good intentions and her flight suit won't help anything. In fact a realization snaps in her mind. "In fact, Ensign, where's the security armory for this level? Some boarding security armor should suffice as well."

"The Bridge security locker is through that door and to your right, Ma'am."

"Good man." She says, running to the storage for the bridge security. These rooms are located throughout the ship in case hostile boarders needed to be repelled. This time Rebecca needs to make a requisition... She grabs a armor vest, a battle rifle, a pistol, and some energy clips for the rifle and pistol before running back to Kai.

"Ready when you are, Kai... I think I know what your next move is." She says, connecting the final buckles on the armor vest before slinging her rifle and holstering her pistol.

He looked to Rebecca and shook his head. "No go assemble an honor guard from the available mecha. I want you on overwatch in case there's more incoming."

He looked to the others. "What I am about to do violates our treaty with the Empire, and personally I'm alright with it. If any of you wish to stay here, I'd totally understand. We've all seen enough violence."

"I will take that as a get down there..."

She patches in to the mecha pilot com-channel with her comlink. "Attention all available, combat ready personnel. This is Lieutenant Rebecca Shirasu Rathbone. I need all available pilots and their mecha to prepare for immediate sortie in exactly 2 minutes. We are going planet side as a honor guard for Head Captain Morisato. I will personally join you."

She grabs her cloak and puts it back on over the armored vest and sidearms. "I have your back on this, Head Captain. this treachery will not stand."

"Exercise your Discretion Lieutenant." Kai adds.

"Yes, Sir." She says with a salute before leaving. She heads out from the bridge moving at top speed.

"Hangar Bay 3 this is Osprey. Prepare the SeaTalon for immediate Honor Guard Sortie, with a Vanguard Overedboost Pack."

She sends a set of coordinates to the other mecha crews joining in the guard. "Meet me at these coordinates before we make a hot arrival planetside to protect the Head Captain. Prepare what you need for a fast arrival. We are to consider any hostile move to him as a attack. If the Dalaraan ships make any move other than to clear out of the way, they are to be considered hostile!"

When she arrives at the mecha bay, the booster engines for the Vanguard system are attached to her back and the armor parts making up the "Hair" were removed and swapped with shorter segments that accomidate the VOB system.

She jumps into her cockpit from the catwalk and readies the AMS and begins her flight. Many of the other mecha pilots part of the retinue follw suit.

"Alright... You know your mission, you know your jobs, and I know mine... We protect the Head Captain. That is our job."

SeaTalon's VOB system warms up. "All wings! Launch!"

A streak of white, red and other thrust contrails follow behind the armada of mecha, heading to the planet below. SeaTalon leading the charge. When she nears atmosphere the VOB system disengages from her back, and she deploys her shield. Falling through the atmosphere a symphony of meteors come down around the capitol. When SeaTalon lands, she lands at the main docks of a Dalaraan Fleet Naval research facility, as intended. The heat shield of the SeaTalon still deployed with the seal of Satoshi and the seal of the Shirasu-Rathbone family displayed proudly.

"Head Captain... we're ready."

"Honor Guard... form a perimeter with a radius of 50 kilometers from the Emperial Palace. Nothing gets in unless it's ours, and nothing follows nay of our assets on the ground, understood?"

A multiple of green dots on her radar tell her a resounding "Yes, Ma'am!"

Skye’s long silence while the nobles bickered and danced their pompous little game was unusual for those that knew her temperament. It was unlike her to be so quiet while ignorance and fools abounded around her. Lily herself was wondering what to make of that when the nobles distracted her with their capture of her supporters.

Tsunami, I’ve got Daralaans here and they are begging me to spank their ficken arschs. I can’t just go postal like that without speaking to you. Skye may not like serving Tsunami; maybe she felt like she’d been stolen from the goddess she’d chosen to serve (though Skye was conveniently forgetting she hadn’t been given much choice in that, either). Regardless, she was still civil as she spoke to her patron.

The backlash of anger from Tsunami made her sway slightly. THEY HAVE ABANDONED ME, IGNORING ME FOR THEIR OWN PURPOSES.

Okay… so do you lift your protect-

I ABANDON THEM IN REPLY.

Skye grinned like a shark (actually, a lot like a certain bad boy she’d gone to high school with) and lifted her head, just in time for the attack. “Fools!” Skye’s voice snapped across room as Tsunami’s power filled her like water into a pitcher, highlighting the blue glow. “You think I’m just some human and you forget I am the living vessel of your former goddess.

“Well, remember this: here is her message to you!” The room darkened as Skye screamed, “My goddess, lend me your darkest power! Show these faithless dogs the folly of their ways!” Her hands came out of her sleeves, Fubuki trailing a flurry of snow that shielded Skye, while Tachikaze was slinging a storm of icy blades at the nobles. These blades dodged her friends and allies; anyone who had stood with Lily felt only the barest kiss of his frozen Bladestorm.

Click to reveal..
Using Last Resort on the Bladestorm attack.

Tachikaze

Weapon 25 Accurate 3 penetrating 10 area 5 selective Bladestorm

massive damage 4 (4)

ACV+3

Attack roll, +19 (2d6=10) = 29 on the roll

Damage: 25 x 17 + 29 = 454

Doubled = 908

Long, please check my math. I’m in Illinois without my sources, and that’s all from the character sheet and memory.

With a zip of speed, Skye was standing closer to Lily, Tachikaze coming up to stop the collar moving toward the princess’s neck. “Getsuga Tenshou!” Skye snarled as the fan sliced through the air.

Click to reveal..
Tachikaze

Weapon 30 Accurate 3 penetrating 10 piercing 10 range 3 Getsuga Tenshou

massive damage 4 (4)

ACV+3

Attack, +19 (2d6=7) = 26

Damage: 30 x 17 + 26 = 536

Again, all from memory.

“Bankai?” Skye muttered to Lily, her expression enraged.

Click to reveal..
5 defense rolls:

Defense rolls, +19 (2d6=9, 2d6=8, 2d6=8, 2d6=2, 2d6=6)

Defense #1: 28

Defense #1: 27

Defense #1: 27

Defense #1: 21 (snake eyes >.<)

Defense #1: 25

Click to reveal.. (Initative)
[envoy] 9:15 pm: evening.

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 4+6+9: 19

Sakura was ticked off, she should have stayed on the planet, despite the fact they were unwelcome. She should have made her point, even though Kai was restraining her, tearing the doors off the throne room would have made a serious point of what ticking off the powers that had saved their world could do if they were not dealt with carefully. "Francis, can you get me down to the planet now?" If he could teleport her to the throne room, she could unleash her own attacks, could destroy the betrayers with her own blade.

A team of red and black mecha all took to the sky with Seatalon, each one caring the Insignia of CRT-1's Command Company, The Wolf's Dragoons.

----------------------------------------------

Skye

Click to reveal..
damage modifier for Tachicaze is 16, Tachicaze is a cutting wind, Fubuki has the freezing wind attacks. attack bonus is all that's added, not the entire roll. (final damage is 888 for the attack. and Gesuga tenshou just murdered that assassin.

Ignoring Skye was a horrific mistake, as half the nobles were cut down, blue blood staining the Throneroom as the winds sliced them to ribbons. Two died instantly, four more were on the ground gravely injured. The others had managed to avoid the winds somehow, their energy fields flickering. Dylandiel was enraged, the Priestess was simply human how could she be so strong. A full dozen Reiki went down to the storming winds, cut to ribbons in an instant.

Another was added to that number, leaving eleven as Lily could feal the air cleave behind her, leaving only vacuum, and a gaping hole in the palace as though a giant sword had cut down into it.

-------------------------------

On the Ship Kai shook his head. "No need, we'll go my way."

"Dylandiel is mine. He must answer for his crimes, and I have a promise I must keep." Each of them could feel an aura coming from Kai, and it wasn't his normal one. The lines began to glow again, and the door as well. Everyone dashed through, into the throneroom, finding a scene of total carnage.

Within the Throneroom, if Skye's attacks hadn't been Enough, Satoshi had returned, and they were decidedly unhappy.

Infinity symbol blazing upon his brow, Kai's feet lit upon the floor. In that instant all the remaining Purebloods and Reiki could feel the undeniable unescapable pressure of power emanating from him. The full force of his insanely high mana capacity was felt by all he called enemy, and those that could, shrank back from him.

half a dozen Reiki, 1 of the other purebloods and Dylandiel still moved, their odds shrinking rapidly even with the explosive collars still armed.

(initiative checks for everyone inside)

Rebecca sees multiple ships in the docks near her. Also there are some ships in the ocean nearby about 2 miles out. She knows that they could be used for a counter assault if they are crewed.

"SeaTalon, mark all gun emplacements on all ships docked. Targetting only weapons systems with our more precice weaponry. I don't want undue casualties, nor cause so much damage their ships sink. I would rather see people surrender."

She opens a channel to the fleet. On a global channel she knows is monitored.

"Dalaraan naval ships within 50 kilometers of my position, I know you can hear me. This is Lieutenant Rebecca Shirasu Rathbone of Satoshi Crisis Response Team 4, Research and Development division. I am not a threat, unless you decide to join in the rebellion against your Emperor.

Right now, my compatriots have been attacked by elements within your nobility who are trying to snatch power from the very man you swore loyalty to. These nobles are traitors. To follow their orders would mean you would be following illegal orders and would be complicit in their treason.

I must also advise you that any hostile posture, either by locking on to me, the palace, or any calculated firing solution from your cannons thereof, will be considered an attack not only on our persons but the Emperor himself, and those that are with me, will respond by disarming your ships in self defense.

I ask you make the right decision. For those ships docked, disembark from your ships and head back to your bases. For all those at sea, abandon ship and take your lifeboats to the docks. You may return to your ships after this crisis is resolved. If you wish to assist, the best you can do for us is hold until needed. I ask for this to stop before it starts. What happens next... is up to you.

Ask yourselves... what is it you are fighting for?"

The ships of the noble fleet had been mobilizing, but the arrival of Satoshi mecha gave them pause. More than that, Rebecca was not the only officer who was there. Standing in their midst, easily targetable, with arms crossed, and wings furled, Shin Getter Robo stood mute, awaiting their decision.

No one debarked the ships, but all targeting and tracking computers went offline, and the ships' main drives all went into standby mode. They yielded without a fight.

(OOC Abyss I'm waiting on you for your initiative, you have until Friday night. Lily, I'd like a post by you with Lily's reaction to what's happened by then as well.)

Rebecca turns around, seeing the very large green blip on her radar stationary behind her. When she sees the titanic form of Shin Getter standing behind her, her AMS and interface betray her emotion. SeaTalon looks like a scared schoolgirl being startled by a upperclassman.

"Uh... uh.... wow... Thanks for the assist. I'll take this as a optimal outcome." She says before returning to her watch.

For a moment, she feels glad that such fighters are on her side.

"Alright Kai... it's all up to you."

"Yeah true..." She says, observing the ships at sea unloading their crews. "This seems too easy, Ryoma... They've surrendered without even a word in edgewise." She says, astutely assessing the seeming ease with which they surrendered. SGR is as intimidating as it looks but is it truely THAT convincing?

She has white radar markers placed on the signatures of the life boats and of the ships that have unloaded crew at the docks.

"Okay... SeaTalon, interface with the Macross tactical computers, I want a full read-out of the terrain given to all retinue members. Include all firing solutions any ships have towards the capital if so capable. Superimpose the condition status of every retinue member of the honor guard. Power levels, weapon status, and armor integrity."

She adjusts her flight suit. Wearing an armored vest over the suit while comforting in terms of security is slightly restrictive. "Also, open up the common comlink of those at the palace to my starboard view screen com-window."

She sits back as the SeaTalon takes a defensive posture once again.

Lily stood still and silent as Skye cut down her attacker, and a good number of the opposing nobles as well. The power of Tsunami was devastating; a wave that consumed everything, and Skye had been well-chosen to wield it. Lily felt sick. Dalaraan blood spilled in the Great Hall, before the Throne. Remorse for what had been done; for what was about to be done. For what MUST be done. There was a tumorous center of the sickness of complacency and corruption that had spread its tendrils through the Empire. It was standing before her now, lured into revealing itself because it believed Lily and her allies to be too weak to resist.

"True blood of Tsunami," Lily said softly, each word feeling as if it weighed a thousand pounds, "Burn."

Her aura flared, spreading out and around her in a haze of cold blue fire.

"Bankai. Avatar of Light."

It flared again, exploding into blue-white light too bright to look at as it wrapped around her and lifted her up to the heart of forming Avatar. Blazing lines of light painting the warrior-goddess in the air, towering over everything else in the Great Hall...which fortunately had high, vaulted ceilings and could accommodate the Avatar's size.

The burning gaze of Lily's half-divine alter-ego fell upon Dylindiel and his followers.

"You have made your choice to reject the hand of mercy," she said in the Avatar's booming voice. "So now there is only the Sword of Justice for you."

A six-foot blade of azure flame exploded into existence in the Avatar's right hand. Abruptly she turned and pointed it at the assassins who had survived Skye's surprise attack. Energy blasts screamed from her hands and exploded among them, managing by careful placement not to catch friendlies in the blasts!

5 of the reiki died under the divine attacks of the Avatar, unable to stand against Lily's righteous might. The other nobles turned to engage her, and as one, those who could move fired at her, the blasts all harmlessly absorbed by her energy field.

"What madness is this?"

"This is real power Dylandiel." Kai smiled, and nodded. The previously locked collars all popped open and disarmed, except the one from the Emperor, which Kai had retrieved, seemingly in an instant.

Kai clearly had something in mind.

(Sakura, you're up.)

"You hold humanity in disdain, thinking they are so much less then you, but the power locked away in a single human is a match for many of your greatest. I however, am of human blood and Asrai, a race older then your empire, who have been civilized long before any of your ancestors even knew the meaning of the word. Your actions here are seeking power for the sake of power, the essence of true evil... no wonder your goddess has abandoned you."

She held out her sword to the right and spoke those words as she gave them a hint of what was go come. "Blossom, Crimson Flower." The blade unfolded as Sakura rose in the air, six wings appearing behind her as she did.

"You I spar, not out of any mercy, but because Kai and Lily have the right to you." She pointed at Dylandiel with her sword, and then the next thing happened.

"Blossom Hurricane, Unfolding Cascade" A whirlwind of blades moved though the room as she struck every enemy within 100 yards, not even touching the hair on the head of a single ally, and also avoiding Dylandiel.

Click to reveal..

Zeal for an Extra Attack for 40 EP- Activating Crimson Blossom..

Four Attacks Each Attack, Blossom Hurricane for 40 EP w/Passion add 35EP for 75 EP x 4 = 300. Total Damage - 400 each attack x 4 for 1600 damage (1200 with the one that failed). Blossom Hurricane only harms those she chooses, so it leaves every ally alone..

Attacks -

Krul *rolls* 2d6: 5+5+20: 30.

Krul *rolls* 2d6: 1+1+20: 22 - botched attack I believe.

Krul *rolls* 2d6: 3+6+20: 29

Krul *rolls* 2d6: 1+3+20: 24

Defenses

Krul *rolls* 2d6: 4+2+20: 26

Krul *rolls* 2d6: 2+5+20: 27

Krul *rolls* 2d6: 2+2+20: 24

Krul *rolls* 2d6: 3+4+20: 27

Krul *rolls* 2d6: 4+5+20: 29

Energy 720 - 340 = 380 left

The barrage of attacks left Dylandiel standing alone, his allies struck down, simply unable to handle the released form of Sakura's Zanpuktou.

Dylandiel lashed out, shooting at Sakura, Kai and Lily at the same time. Sakura dodged, Senbonzakura absorbed the attack, and Lily's energy barrier did likewise.

"You lose Dylandiel."

He kept on firing, having nothing left to lose now...

Hideko flys at full speed towards Dylandiel as she approaches she holds out her hand. "Appear and slice my foes. Divine Arm, Symphonia Fang!" Her Energy Sword comes into existence and she grabs it and holds it tight. "HEY ASSHAT! HOPE YOUR LEFT HANDED! Watashi o kiku, shinchoku jokyo o hassei sa semasu. Nanji no ken wa,nata no tsuyo-sa wa watashi ni natte kika se, watashi no aran koto o. Watashi-tachi wa watashi-tachi no chikara niyotte hakai sa reru mae ni tatsu hitobito o shimashou ... RAY SABER-FINALE! ANNIHILATION!" With that, in a wave of white, blue and green Hideko slices off Dylandiel's right arm from the shoulder with enough force to send the thing flying across the room.

It was abit extreme, but it did at least cauterize the wound, and he wouldn't die from the attack.

Kai nodded, glad to not have to keep Senbonzakura in a defensive screen over Ryoko, the Hiroga lord, and the Emperor. At least not quite like he was.

(Francis is up)

Francis walked slowly, not out of any lack of caution, but frankly the battle was practically over as is. Twirling around Nagareboshi in his right hand, his face was emotionless and set. Of course, the reeling Dyandiel still had a hand capable of blasting people. Time to correct that. Focusing on his emerging connection with his gun Zanpakuto, Francis leveled the revolver and fired a precisely placed shot.

The bullet struck Dyandiel's left arm in the shoulder joint, and ripped through in a current of blood and muscle. Without healing, no mortal force could allow Dyandiel to move or use that arm. And since no one wanted him to get his wits together...

Francis might have been a bit cruel... but he shot out Dyandiel's kneecaps too with a pair of perfect trigger-pulls too. "The fact is, we were being patient with you... given all that we suffered to end this war, you think we'd give you an inch to start another one? You got what you asked for."

Click to reveal..
Ultimate Bullseye to settle things.

With Francis's final shots, it was over, as Dylandiel, screaming in pain, fell to the floor. Those who were alive could see how he'd been broken, and the click of the active collar around his neck, robbing him of his powers, making him normal, was the final nail in the coffin of the rebellion.

Kai looked on grimly, lightly touching Dylandiel, healing him enough that his wounds wouldn't kill him. "You will not die. Though you will wish you had when I am done."

Archived