Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 10.5, Sky's the Limit

Sunstar

Hideko has been flying around the planet for several hours. After the last few days, she decided she needed to just take a chill and fly for a bit. She lands on a plateau and lies down looking at the sky. "Jesus this has been a weird few months. I got turned into a girl, gained super powers, and now I'm not even in the same universe I was born in anymore" She sighs. "I don't even know what these nanomachines are doing to me. Am I even still human?"

Suddenly there was another voice on her commlink, she'd still been wired into the com channel Klan had give her. "Of course you're still human." The voice coming through was a strong yet sultry one, and sounded familiar.

"You might want to switch to the private line though if you really want to talk about this sort of thing though."

The speaker had yet to identify herself, but in the background Hideko had heard the roar of Ionic thrusters.

"Alright, I'll be there in a minute or so."

There was a bright light high in the sky, one that soon became a streak. Something was coming through the atmosphere, and finally drew into the familiar silouhette of Klan's scarlet Quadrono armor.

She hear foot thrusters scorch the ground, and the finally comes to stand towering another sixty feet over hideko's head.

"Go ahead and sign off, we won't need the comm." It was a few more minutes until the armor had cooled from reentry. Finally there was a hiss and the seals released.

The forward hatch swung up, and Hideko saw a hand bigger than any she'd seen, followed by the Rest of Captain Klan Klang.

As the fifty five foot tall woman climbed out of the custom armor, Hideko got a look at how beautiful Klan's true form was. Still clad in a plug-suit. She looked down to Hideko, her real adult voices seeming to almost boom out. "What did you think I was lying when I told you I was normally this tall?" She gave Hideko a warm smile. Clearly she was enjoying herself.

Hideko looks up at the now giant Klan dumbstruck. "S-sorry. Didn't mean to stare. Just not used to seeing someone this big"

She flies up to Klan's face.

"Not the best way to let people find out my secret. Suppose I should reintroduce myself. Name's Ozu Hideko. Till a few months ago I was Ozu Hideki, just a regular high school guy."

Klan kneels down and chuckles. "No worries, it's better than most of the mens' reactions."

"It is good to meet you formally Hideko. Until months ago I was one of the last of my kind in Circinus Federation 5th Fleet."

She shook her head. "How did you come to be female? Is that something that the nanites you mentioned did?"

Hideko nods her head. "Yeah. Stop me if you heard something like this. I was walking home from school one day when a passing truck hit a bump and some stuff fell out. I went to pick up this device to hand it back to the driver when suddenly it lit up and the device dissolved into my skin and I blacked out." She shook her head, remembering the incident.

"Went I came to I was in a hospital owned by my universe's Satoshi. And suddenly am as you see here."

"I can safely say I've only heard of one thing like that. Lady Valerie was once predominantly a cyborg. In battle she virtually destroyed herself overloading her implants in an effort to take down Hizashi alone."

"She was dying, and Lily, Skye and Masane were there watching over her. Takashi returned, taking the princess and Priestess catpive, and killing Lady Masane. The Witchblade fell from her onto Valerie and bonded with her. It forced out all her inert cybernetics, rather painfully from the memories I've seen from Kai, and healed her, though it seems to have more control of her than it ever did Masane."

She sat down Indian Style and nodded. "It seems that we're not done yet. We're rebuilding this world, and waiting for the Imperial Fleet to get their act together. We know ships have jumped insystem, but they're moving in slowly. We don't have forces available to go and scout them out."

Archived