Aberrant: 200X - Jael's Fuck It Party

Jael Carver

So I'm having a party, Jael's Fuck-It Fourth of the July Extravaganza. I'll have location and time soon, I just wanted everyone to know to mark the date.

It's July 2nd (we'll pretend it's the Fourth) and there are two rules:

1) No one talks about the fucking trial. Not one word about it. I'm fucking sick of it already and it is not invited to the party.

2) This party is open to baselines, so bring your families. If having zips or whatever you call baselines this week around is going to ruin your fun or require you to ruin their fun, you can stay the fuck home. These are my family and friends - my dad has said he's coming, so if you can't behave like a polite member of Homo sapien novas you can't come.

More details soon.

Ok, it took some effort (read, I have to do some favors for people), but I have the top floor of the western-most wing of the Marriott Phoenix in Mesa, AZ. The northeast-facing rooms will have the food and things like playstation setups with games that Sunshine says are fun (now you know who to blame).

The southwest-facing rooms will be hang-out area, and that's where we'll watch the Mesa FIREWORKS Extravaganza presented by the Chicago Cubs. That starts at 9:30; we'll start the party at 6:00 p.m.

It's part of a two-day event; if you want to be there for some of the other stuff, you can go here to see what's available: http://www.azcelebrationoffreedom.org/.

One last note. My dad will be there; those of you following the news know he had a heart attack recently. He's sworn he'll be there, so if he shows up in a gurney or whatever, no one react badly. I'm serious. He wants a party and to meet some of my 'super-friends', he's been planning doing this for a while now. He's asked me to do it this year, for the 4th, and given his state, Dad pretty much gets anything he wants right now. The short of it is this: if any nova comes and fucks with him and hurts him, I'll probably kill you.

Like all true independant thinkers, I've based my games choices off what everyone on the OpNet seems to say is good... >.>

Oh, and house rules forbid playing upside down. Or using any sort of machine affecting powers. Or causing people to fly upwards with gravitic fields when they're about to headshot you, mentioning no names on that last one - Contessa.

It promises to be fun. grin

You know me and Sunshine will be there, Jael, and I'll see if I can drag Danielle down too. But I expect you to spend Canada Day with us the day before for a BBQ at our new home. Yes, I just finalized purchase for the place on Nordic Drive and I've put the penthouse on the market. It's a pretty sweet place - though left me low on liquid assets - and best of all... private. The reporters and paparazzi practically had the apartment building on lock-down.

And I'm glad that I'll finally get the chance to meet Donna and Robert.

Let me think... YES!

Girl, you're Sunshine's friend, and I rented Xboxes or playstations or something because he said, "Make sure there's something fun for people who don't want to talk to everyone all night."

So come, bring your friend that Sunshine has mentioned, even your dad if you want.

Just remember rules 1 and 2. I doubt you'll make that a problem though. smile

If you'll have me, I'll be coming as well. I'll be bringing someone else too. There's no delicate way to say this:

She's a young nova, skittish, and suspicious of most men. Speak softly and avoid getting too close, too suddenly - especially if you're male. It's a really long story, but I'm trying to help her see some normal life to rehabilitate her from the truly disgusting situation I found her in, and this party of yours seems like a good chance for that. She'll be on her best behaviour, and I'll be right beside her the whole time (or more likely she'll be right beside me, considering the strange people and surroundings).

Jael, if you don't want her there, or want to meet her briefly beforehand to decide, let me know. It's your party and I will understand if you don't want to run any risks.

Why is everyone so violent? Would it really be so hard to say 'If she messes up you'll both be asked to leave'?

Why is everyone always cutting and bashing and lasing and shooting! There seems to be serious lack of hugs in the world of Novas.

Originally Posted By: Contessa
Why is everyone so violent? Would it really be so hard to say 'If she messes up you'll both be asked to leave'?

Because from what I'm reading between the lines, she's going to react badly if she's upset. And when novas react badly, people get hurt. Ergo, if she messes up, it will likely mean that people will already be hurt. If one of those people is my mom, dad, best friend, Jason, Sunshine or anyone I count as a close, personal loved one, I'll be the one reacting even more badly.

Why is everyone always cutting and bashing and lasing and shooting! There seems to be serious lack of hugs in the world of Novas.

There is a serious lack of hugs but I'm not the one to start the "One Nova, One Hug" movement. You, perhaps? And believe it or not, I'm more mellow than I used to be, thanks to Sunshine. grin

Oh, god. I think I'm getting old. shocked

Old!?! No way! You don't look a day over 30! Besides, Novas live like, forevar n' stuff, so 'old' is a relative term.

You get a lot leeway for being Sunshine's friend. There is a line. Your toes are touching it.

I kid. I mean, my age is a major issue right now anyway, right? That's what this whole trial thing is, right? It's not like they have forty-year-old actresses protraying me on TV, right?

So anyway... rule number 1.

Anytime you need a lift, Ein, you can call on me. Meow. Though I'm not so sure I like the idea of another woman stealing your attention. wink

Just PM me some pics, so I have an idea of where I'm spinning open a Warp. I've already checked out the Marriott.

I'll drag Ryusei along too, Jael. Somebody has to keep an eye on us girls, so we don't get into any more trouble, hmm? laugh

I'll send a photo by OpPhone at the time for you. Seeing as I'm on my best behaviour, it'll be a clean one. wink

Oh, and she's definitely a girl not a woman, and she doesn't get the sort of attention you're thinking of. Just to make that crystal clear. smile See you all there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived