World of Darkness: The Darkness of Space - [Darkness of Space] Space and Ships 2d

LydaLynn

Two days until the Dedication Ceremony on the Moon Base and the space above the base is crowded with ships coming and going. Shuttles constantly fly between ships and the base and the few small ships that are able to land at the current landing pad have to move quickly to make way for other ships. The technicians are busy painting the larger landing pad so it will be ready for the Base opening.

Wesely paced back and forth on the bridge of his ship, "they haven't answered yet?" his brow furrowed, "I suppose we'll just have to keep knocking, send the hail again." He gazed out a shield reinforced window at the new base, his eyes flickering with amusement.

Wesely stopped and turned as he heard the hail, "This is the Twilight's End, the landing pad isn't quite ready for a ship this size, we request permission to gate, our intention is to stretch our legs, and perhaps acquire some supplies."

• 3 weeks later...

Twilight's End your ship registration has been cleared. Gate code 452JGT has been issued for your arrival. Please standby upon arrival as a shuttle will be sent to retrieve your crew and preform a mandatory sweep for contraband. Upon your arrival someone will assist you with planning your stay and finding the supplies you need.

"Good thank you, we will gate shortly and standby for the sweep. Anthony end hail and prepare the gate."

Once the hail is disconnected he taps a comm receiver on his cloak, "Myliene, prepare the ship for a sweep, work that magic."

Once everything is prepared Wesely gates to the base using the code, the only things of note on him that might be an issue is a modern side arm and a saber on his belt.

He smiles and yields to the peace tie on his sidearm, "I am free to take my leave I presume?"

Recomposing his wardrobe after the pat down, he prepares to make his way further into the base, a slight swagger in his step as it had been some time since he walked in such gravity.

Content that Twilight's End had been taken care of and no further action was needed on his end. Prof. V scanned the consoles in front of him wondering if anything else had been overlooked during the crisis and needed to be taken care of.

GREG popped on the screen briefly to announce he had been looking over some of the Professors calculations and noticed an error in the space stabilization sequence. Currently if space was folded, the warp would have an effect on the surrounding reality causing it to distort and possibly create rifts.

This caused Prof. V some worry and soon he was immersed with his work trying to solve the problem.

• 3 weeks later...
Click to reveal.. (Wyrd)
Wyrd, feel free to field things with the 'alien entity' at this point. This will be after the staff meeting and you will be charged with assessing his physical condition, health and the probability of him transmitting anything dangerous.

Click to reveal..
These observations are based on what I know of the character. If any of it is incorrect(in a way that I would be able to tell), please tell me and I will edit

Finally able to get in some sort of examination of the alien, Wyrd was quite excited. She loved seeing new species. One that nobody had ever encountered before and she would get to be the first to examine... The though alone sent a shiver down her spine. Unfortunately, quarantine still had to be maintained for now, but she could make observations prior to getting in touch. Observing their guest mundanely through a window into the quarantine, with cameras that could give her close-up's, thermal views, and instruments that could give her the most accurate readings outside of the Science Dome's equipment, and also magically with both Spirit and Life sight, she began to record her observations.

"Subject, temporary designation Unknown Alien Species 42, does not bear a close resemblance to any known alien species. The subject may be an unrecorded variant or the result of magical contamination, but the fact that its starship bears no resemblance to any known variety and appears to be based on technology foreign to our gate systems, this seems highly unlikely. UAS42 transmitted what appears to be a glossary of its language. Unsurprisingly, the language bears no relational resemblance to any known language, meaning that communication is currently too limited to even ask for its name, should it have one, or for permission to form a mind link that can bypass the language barrier.

"Physically, the subject is roughly a meter tall when standing erect. Features are vaguely reminiscent of Earth reptiles, especially predatory dinosaurs, meaning that there may be some planetary ancestry in common. It is postulated that before the Trinity went insane, travel between worlds was fairly common; fossil records from more than 20 million years back have a great deal in common across many worlds, along with a ELE(extinction level event) that occurred around the same time, marking this as the likely time of the initial imbalance that made the Trinity wars necessary.

"It has wings that are far too small to support it unaided in flight unless it is from a planet that combines low gravity with high air pressure. They may be useful for gliding or controlled descent, or the subject may have either internal characteristics that provide additional lift or may have natural magical abilities.

"It bears scales that are golden in color near their center, edged with purple, and a grayish tinge near their tips. Subject's body temperature is higher than room temperature, meaning it has at least a minimal ability to regulate body temperature. Whether it is warm blooded or has thermal mechanisms built into its suit cannot be determined at this time.

"Samples of the atmosphere inside the ship have been replicated for its comfort. Detailed analysis of the air shows it to be similar, but to possess a different mix of trace and inert elements. A determination will have to be made on whether anything in the SAM(standard atmospheric mix) is toxic to it, or if it will need to carry a breathing apparatus to supplement gasses not present in SAM, especially the high concentration of argon. As Argon is nearly completely inert, the odds are against the specimen actually requiring it, but it may make our more reactive atmosphere incompatible with its physiology.

"Nothing apparent to my magical senses suggests a need for concern or any magical ability, but some such abilities sometimes only show up while in use. Further examination is going to have to wait for progress on the lingual database. this is Doctor Wyrd, signing off."

Prof. V looked up as an attendant came forward with a report. "Sir, after the incident yesterday an alien of an unknown species made contact with us. It is currently within quarantine room six awaiting contact with us. Our computers have been running ever since it arrived and with the information it sent us we believe that simple communication is possible. Shall I send someone to interview our guest?" After considering this for a moment Prof. V shook his head. "No, I shall see to it. I would like to see this new species for myself. Please have a translation device brought to the room." Then he set off for the quarantine.

Entering the room Prof. V wore a full has-mat suit as part of quarantine procedures. In his hand he carried the translation device, a small white pyramid about a foot tall, and set it on the table. Sitting down Prof. V addressed the alien his voice slightly muffled by the mask. "Greetings! I am Professor Verdungert." Gesturing toward the pyramid he stated "This device will allow us to talk to each other, although it will be limited. I also have a few questions to ask if that is OK." After a few moments the device on the table translated what he said and Prof V eagerly awaited the reply.

Click to reveal.. (lydalynn)
doing surface thoughts scan of "One is Learned Teacher Verdungert" and tray again to send the word "Engeer" to him

looking at the Alien, "!$#@!$%$@!$@#%$!%#"
Click to reveal.. (Alien)
Greetings, I am Zarathustra a humble merchant of the Droyn Empire, What speices are you?

speaking to the device "!@#$%$@#%$#@!%"
Click to reveal.. (device)
Are you a droid?

You are able to pick up the surface thoughts of the meaning behind the words. You are unsure if he received the word or understood it's intent.

Click to reveal.. (Prof)
Please roll a perception+awareness

The machine translates the lizard's speach: "Greetings. One is Zarathustra. Meek seller of Droyn Kingdom. What is your blood? Are you machine? [[it doesn't differentiate what the speech is directed to]]

rolled 5+7+5+9 on perception+awareness

"My blood? It's O- and i am not a machine I am human. Now, time for questions. First, what is your race? Where is your home planet? How do we contact your planet Do you have any plans for your stay? Lastly, Is there anything you need help with that we might provide assistance to you?" Each question is proposed slowly and clearly so the translator does not make mistakes and after each question Prof. V waits for the translation of Zarathustra answer before asking the next one. the conversation is saved by Greg and sent live to all personnel who need to view it, Dove and such people.

Translation: My Species? Recognition evil. Query time. One is your blood? From what space? Talk with space and plans location? Infinitely all desires help you?

You can feel the alien's mind attempting to touch yours. Also, you have no idea how well the translator is running and how many mistakes it might be making.

Infinitely all desires help you? I have no desires, I just would like help repairing my ship, this data pad has the parts I need on it with a schamattic.

Talk with space and plans location? No, I do not talk with space and plans location? what kind of plan?

One is your blood? I have not been touched by the mark.

your recognition evil? how do you do it? when will I able to be let out of this space?

• 2 weeks later...

Confused with the responses the translator was giving him. Prof. V focused mainly on the mental link he had now established. Unused to this form of communication his words were spoken aloud as he spoke them. "I think we may have a bit of a misunderstanding. The translator may need some work before it functions properly. I'll start over My name is Professor Verdungert, most people call be Prof. V. We would like to know where in the universe you are from and if there is a way we can form a relationship with your race. We would also like to know why you have come here and if you have any plans during your stay. I am a human and if there is any assistance we can provide we are willing to offer it so long as your intentions are peaceable.

"Greetings, Prof. V, My name is Zarathustra. I am a merchant from the Droyne Empire, I'm not sure where I am so getting back to my Home system is next to impossible, My ship as the star maps from where I'm from but My navagation computer is not able to determin our location. I send you a file with these starmaps but judging by your transulator your not able to decode it correctly. I am unable to comunicate with any ship in the Droyne fleet to determin my location. My ship is carring some exotic fruit on board, and I have this data pad with the systems damaged in an ion storm. If your base comander is willing I can pay for the repairs wiht this fruit. The ship that towed my ship here has a sample in a stasis field. You transulator seam to have a few miss interperation of some words. I know I have been a little long winded but days traveling between systems you miss being able to talk with some one"

Archived