Aberrant: Dead Rising - [Combat] Family Feud

Dawn OOC

Spending 1 qp to activate Enhanced Initiative.

Einherjar *rolls* 1d10: 9: 9

[Einherjar] 2:52 pm: woot

[Carver] 2:52 pm: Nice

Initiative: 27

Spending 1 qp to activate Multi-tasking.

Wits roll

Einherjar *rolls* 6d10: 9+8+8+2+3+2: 32

[Einherjar] 2:53 pm: That'll do, donkey

Splitting dice pool 6 ways:

Shooting 5 times: -3, -3, -4, -4, -5

Last action diving into cover/dodge -5

Rolling ping damage from pre-round bullet hitting Carlos' forcefield.

Einherjar *rolls* 1d10: 6: 6 = No damage

Originally Posted By: Kylie_OOC
Dawn, not sure if I should be posting these questions in OOC or the Combat thread, so correct me if I'm mistaken in posting here. But my question is, where is Pumpkin right now - anywhere near us, or far enough away from the action for Jas not to worry about her?

Questions and remarks/rolls for the combat go in the threads, mostly for reference. smile I don't mind someone making a comment in the Table Talk like, "Eww! Myf is covered in Jon Slime!" because that's just fun. laugh Just specific stuff like this is best put here.

Pumpkin was off playing with other kids. At the moment, in the confusion Jasmine doesn't see her. However, being that it's Pumpkin, I'm sure she'll announce her location soon. wink

Mgiresh was also separated from you, as he was aside treating people when the shan hit the fit. I know that Jasmine's all motherly-like, but your doctor and Simon are in much more danger than she is. Just a casual ST note. Simon was by the Hummers, having just dealt with Hana and Celeste.

Regardless, I need your init. Please provide it by tomorrow morning or I'll roll it for you so we can get rolling. smile

Just as a note, I will provide everyone 48 hours to post. If someone hasn't posted by that time, I will have them take a defensive action and move on. If you don't have time for a post, feel free to drop me a quick line saying what you'd like your PC to do and I'll do the rolls and type it up for you.

I'll try to have a combat map up tonight. We'll see how my workday and then evening goes before I promise it.

Questions?

Thanks Dawn. As always, Initiative for Jas was something I had to have time to SIT DOWN and glance over again.. LOL.

Spending 1QP to activate Enhanced Initiative: 1d10 = (7) + 11 + 5 (for EI) = 23

Activating Quickness/Init. 21

Activating Quickness/Init. 19

Activating Quickness/Init. 17

QP: 17/21

How this is gonna work, I'm not sure, but Jas will basically be making her way to Mrigesh and trying to get him out of the way. I know you're working on a combat map, and that might help. Or you can just tell me how many of those turns getting Mrigesh inside or behind a Hummer will take, and if she has any actions left afterwards. Sorry, I think this is the first time I've ever actually been in a scene w/a separate combat thread - I know they're DONE a lot, I just don't think I've been involved in any!

monclova-combat-map.gif

You may need to click to view full-size. I think I have everyone on here.

Bond - B

Jas - J

*Simon - S

*Carlos - Ca

Hana - H

*Villagers - red stars (active combantants that you are currently aware of; I left the non-combantants or ones you don't see out)

Celeste - Ce

*Mrigesh - Mr

Primal - Pr

*Pumpkin - Pu

The hummers are the green vehicles. The four squares next to the Butchering Pen are the smoking sheds.

Questions?

monclova-combat-map-1.gif

You may need to click to view full-size. I think I have everyone on here.

Bond - B

Jas - J

*Simon - S

*Carlos - Ca

Hana - H

*Villagers - red stars (active combantants that you are currently aware of; I left the non-combantants or ones you don't see out); those injured have their health levels marked.

Celeste - Ce

*Mrigesh - Mr

Primal - Pr

*Pumpkin - Pu

The hummers are the green vehicles. The four squares next to the Butchering Pen are the smoking sheds.

Questions?

Jasmine, you're up - feel free to take all your actions now. I know you're supposed to delay... but fuck that. They all happen on the same phase, just to keep things simple.

Jasmine: Round 1

1st Action: Activating Enhanced Hearing, -1QP, QP: 16/21

2nd Action: Per + Aware for checking on Mrigesh's status:

Jasmyne *rolls* 10d10: 8+5+5+6+4+1+3+9+7+3: 51

[Jasmyne] 11:07 pm: 1st is a mega.

[Jasmyne] 11:15 pm: Anyway, what's Mrigesh's status?

[Carver] 11:17 pm: He's struggling with some woman; you're not sure what's going on, but they appear to be wrestling. Perhaps over something

one of them is holding?

3rd Action: Running towards Mrigesh.

4th Action: Closing the distance, including a vault over the wall.

Str + Ath = Jasmyne *rolls* 4d10: 2+4+2+6 = 0 suxx + 5 auto-suxx = 5 total suxx.

Spending 1 qp to maintain Enhanced Initiative.

Spending 1 qp to activate Multi-tasking.

Wits roll

Einherjar] 3:31 am: Mega is last 1

Einherjar *rolls* 6d10: 6+3+5+6+1+3: 24

[Einherjar] 3:31 am: dayum

Botch.

Splitting dice pool 3 ways:

Action penalties: -3, -4, -5

Tossing two grenades (-3, -4) and shooting once (-5) whilst moving towards Primal and Pumpkin.

18 QP left

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shapeshifting!

[salmonMax] 5:05 pm: Okay, so...7 dice, last is mega...

SalmonMax *rolls* 7d10: 9+6+2+8+8+2+8: 43

[salmonMax] 5:05 pm: Aw yeah

[Asarasa] 5:05 pm: 5 sux

1st success activates shapechange, 4 successes are divvied up as so:

1 Sizemorph: Grow (to be a big target)

1 Density Decrease (to be a soft target)

1 Armor (so he doesn't hurt me)

1 Imitate specific appearance

• 2 weeks later...

Hana splits her nasty attack between the two villagers directly below warehouse 3: Using will for autosuxx on 1st roll. (4d10.hits(7)=1, 4d10.hits(7)=2), so 2 suxx on each.

Damage: 11d10.hits(7)=7, 11d10.hits(7)=6, including autosuxx that’s 17 lethal for the 1st target, 16 lethal for the 2nd. Oh noes, how hurty.

Also, does the map need updating after Jas's last attack? I was a little confused about that, but if I'm not mistaken she was dealing with the foes by warehouse 2, right?

Oh, and Hana's quantum is now at 17.

In light of that comment, the accompanying devil emote, and the sinister laughter that I imagine you giving voice to...I feel I should remind you/make perfectly clear that Hana's blackity black shield of blacknacity is still up, and has been up, and shall continue to be up--which is to say, activated and/or deployed--until further notice.

Shield (the Elemental Mastery power) provides 2 bashing and lethal soak per dot in Elemental Mastery, no roll required, just spend the qp. For an additional qp, it inflicts 1 point of Bashing damage per dot in Elemental Mastery (which can be soaked as normal) to anyone hitting you in melee.

Damn! I should point out, I believe you are splitting your attacks incorrectly, unless you had something worked out with the Carven One. You can make multiple attacks, but you don't just split the number of dice between the attacks. Instead, the first attack suffers a dice penalty equal to the number of attacks you are making, and each additional attack suffers a cumulative -1 penalty. So if you are making two attacks, the first attack is at -2 dice, the second attack is at -3 dice. This also means you have to spend QP on each icky-ooky blast of blackness, individually.

Err...! I have been doing that wrong, then. I thought it was just -2 to both...for whatever retarded reason. So Hana's QP is now 8. Dawn, how do you want to handle this? Should I reroll, should we eliminate the last dice from each roll, what is your pleasure?

Edit: Okay, so I looked up all my rolls. Even if you eliminated the first or last die on the second attack of the three split attacks Hana has made, they all would have hit (she's been rolling lucky, and on this last one, the will point would have saved her). The only difference may have been in the damage results on the nasty blackness blasts, but those get 10 autosuxx anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived