The Matrix: Kaydara

RPG Post

The Matrix: Kaydara

KAYDARA official film by Kaydara-film

Some (all) people were disappointed with the Matrix sequels. The Animatrix had some ok scenes, but things became too bloated, self-important and inconsistent to succeed as the trilogy advanced. This 50+ minute fan film further explores the universe, reveling in the visuals, playing with the themes. The first 6 minutes or so have a claymation mouse. Which you can comfortably skip, though it does recognize and exploit many of the movies' tropes and scenes. Around 6:40 is where the humans show up.

It is set within the timeline of the trilogy. What do you think of the effects, stories and integration? "Hey quit hasslin' me cuz' I don't speak French" or whatever! And then the guy said something in Paris talk, and I'm like, "Just back off!" And they're all, "Get out!" And we're like, "Make me!" It was cool.

It was alright.

I love the Matrix (the first one) I saw it 5 days in a row when it came out in the theater, and still geek out on it when I watch it. It always comes to mind as my favorite movie when people always ask me for a 'top three' or what have you.

That being said, Kaydara...Kaydara, Kaydara, Kaydara...maybe there was something lost in translation...but the motivation of the plot wasn't explained well enough for me to identify with the main characters.

Click to reveal..
Why on Earth were they actually trying to kill Neo? Who would have put a bounty on him that humans would have actually been motivated to go after him? Especially in the face of Agents, Neo mattered more?

When did the surface become safe enough that two (TWO!!!) ships could fly around and not really give a rat's ass about possible discovery by the machines while they blasted at each other?

If Kaydara could have teleported outside the ship and perform ship surgery with a spoon all along, why did he wait until his ship was ransacked and half his crew was dead? That makes absolutely no sense.

Aside from those glaring issues (amongst others), I thought the graphics were well done. Neo looked as good if not better than a lot of the scenes from the 2nd and 3rd movie. It definitely had the feel of the Matrix world. A good fan film...but maybe you have to be French to get it.

Archived