Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Monster Academy - Roommates

Justin OOC

Skye had been told she'd be getting a new roommate, but no one could tell her who. There was alot of speculation as to who would be brave enough to room with her, or desperate.

Just as she began to unwind for the night, there was a knock at the door. The unmistakable aura of Yokai coming from the door, but this one was at least vaguely familiar.

The knock was sharp yet polite, and after the business with Yuuki and Kai sharing a room, Skye could only open the door to see just what the powers that be had in store for her next, her next test of character here at the Monster Academy.

Sky was chilling on her bed, enjoying her privacy. It was actually pretty nice, not having a roommate to deal with at all. She knew it wouldn't last, so she was trying to get all that she could of it.

"Oh. Hello," Skye said as she opened the door to find Serena in the opening. Her lack of enthusiasm at seeing the arch-demoness was clear, but her demeanor was polite. "What can I do for you?"

"Do you mind if I come in?" Serena knew this was likely to not be a pleasant thing, but She wasn't one to shy away from difficult situations.

"I'd like to discuss something with you, and you're liable to not like it that much at all." Her tone suggested she'd accept no, but that this was really not the best way to go about things.

From her experiences with Kuro, she knew the children of the Monster Lords were generally used to getting their way. For Serena to ask lent credence to the fact whatever she had to say being important.

Skye sighed, looking annoyed. "Alright, come in," she said after a moment. If she didn't talk to her now, Serena was likely pick another time and place where Skye really wouldn't want to have a delicate talk - like in the middle of the cafeteria, at the top of her lungs. Monster Lords and their ilk tended to get vengeful if they weren't given their way. Having Serena in her room for five minutes was something that Skye was willing to relent on, just to save her from something worse later.

Once inside, she took a seat in one of the chairs, and waited for Skye to sit as well.

"As you may or may not be aware, There is a shortage of rooms here at the Academy. I have been staying with a member of the faculty. Since you no longer have a roommate, The headmaster has decided that you and I shall share this dorm-room, so the faculty can continue to maintain the distance they need to."

Skye swallowed hard, feeling her nostrils flare. She was cocked and ready to go off, but one word stopped her short. "The headmaster. The headmaster decided this," Skye said, her voice full of wrath.

"Yes. He did," Serena said, sitting primly in her chair.

"I see. This isn't something that we discuss, is it?" Skye asked.

"No."

"Fine." Skye rose. "You need some help bringing stuff in?"

"No, It will all show up later this afternoon, just as it does when one first arrives here."

She nodded. "Thank you for the offer though. It will take me some time to unpack, and I'll do my best to not disturb you."

She was not what one would expect in the daughter of the Demonlord, and it was very obvious she knew how uncomfortable this made Skye.

"Are your classes going well?"

Archived