Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Fiction - Just another day at Stonehenge [FIN]

Dash Carpenter

Dash waited one long moment, incredulous at Heather's behavior, then sighed and darted into the ESS. "Alright, let's shut the ship up and go!" He stayed at the entrance just inside though, looking quietly at the soon to be gone last image of his home... and his dying cause. "Sorry, Mom." He whispered quietly. "I said I'd make them pay. If only you could ground me for breaking that promise, like you did..."

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Professor adjusts her coat. Seeing the carnage that had no choice but to be unleashed. "Dammit... As soon as Dash safely on board and the doors locked, initiate emergency temporal shift."

She sits in her captain's seat, watching the goings on with her view screen. It always plays out like this. "Always with violence."

Sarah shutters at her station at Security. Her eyes wide. "No.... such... such blood..."

"I know Sarah..."

Sarah clutches her head as a nosebleed begins again. "Why... why does it always end like this?"

They have seen many universes where Humanity faced slow, painful extinction from their Nova superiors. Far too many of them. Sakurako stands and walks over to Sarah. "It's happening again, isn't it?"

"Yeah..."

"When we get home I'm taking you to Londinium Central to get you checked over. Once we're underway I'll take you to sick bay."

"Okay... thank you... profes...sor..." She says before fainting.

The Professor sees everyone get inside and she hits a red icon on the navigation panel, and what sounds like metal scraping metal cords is heard as the ship slips into a quantum slipstream. She gets Sarah over one shoulder and starts taking her back to sickbay.

He sat there still in his metal form, though having released that of a Lion. Still his form showed influences of the form he'd had, and shook his head. "I'm sorry you had to bare witness to that, Sarah. I simply reacted to something I knew was normally a dire threat."

"That... was not the Tontenz I was taught to fear and respect growing up," stated Irma aloud with an element of disbelief in her tone before she glanced at Dash, "whatever your world is like over all, it certainly didn't create the same kind of monster my world did. Very lucky for us all."

Her expression outwardly grew more sympathetic as she considered the three newer Travelers, cursing the fact she had missed another Thetis by mere months it sounded like, "I'm not going to say it hurts less to leave each failed world behind. It doesn't. You get... used to disapointment though, grieve faster. And you learn to take care of yourself or else you sit down and wait for the nearest Native to come and kill you."

"Anyone who wants to hit what passes for a beach on the Professer's world is welcome to join me if they'd like to. Forget all this for a little bit before getting back in the saddle again," she added kindly, green eyes passing over the group.

"Well, I got the boat." The Professor says with a relieved voice, overhearing Irma over her communicator. "Should be deep in the summer now. I think Sarah would appreciate the vacation." The Professor says, carefully laying Sarah down. "We're going to have to go to London first to drop Sarah off... I need a metaphysician to look over her..."

"I... I think she's expressing."

"It's something I've been looking into when I had suspicions regarding Sarah's condition. I'm not picking up any unusual quantum from her but I've been noticing her episodes are becoming more... frequent." She says this as some medical equipment starts levitating. "Are you aware of Psychokinetics? I have a suspicion that is her gift."

She takes a damp washcloth and wipe's Sarah's brow. "Brittania has been studying this particular power and how to assimilate them into the Ministry of Power's goals, or at the very least properly train them."

She pats Sarah on the shoulder after taking off her coat and other clothes and replacing them with a hospital gown. "Almost like taking care of a daugher than a analogue..."

Dash shook his head furiously, but toned it down with the Professor caring for Sarah. Still he would have words with the uncaring bitch soon enough. Irma seemed to not really care... maybe she'd get the point if she'd been left at the mercy of the Houses? Feh... didn't matter now. Still, his silent thoughts stewed.

CLOSING MUSIC
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUuGqHeJ29k&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.c...feature=related[/url]

End of this episode... create the next, Professor. Just marking in FIN for now, if there's anything more people want to add... feel free.
[/CODE]

Archived