Taken Game Proposal

The Story Guide

Originally Posted By: James Smith
Well the aliens apparently had a thing for hot Irish girls, as most of the people playing female characters have red hair and some Irish background. Cop is new, though, at least as far as what has been posted in the thread.

I am surprisingly ok with this. wink

And the actual proposal:

Background

Matt is a divoree and a widower who has opted not to risk a third-strike out. Despite this, he hasn’t been a monk, having a brief relationship with a woman named Lizzie MacIntyre that resulted in a daughter. Matt’s done his part to be a father, despite Lizzie moving on and marrying. Unfortunately, because he’d signed up with the Navy for the G.I. Bill before learning of his impending fatherhood, Matt’s been a father from afar.

Currently ranked as a Lieutenant, Matt is the ship-board psychologist for his boat, dealing with everything from personality conflicts to PTSD. His current duty station is the U.S.S. George Washington. As such, his home port is currently considered to be Tokyo. Matt’s been trying to transfer to the John C. Stennis, which calls Bermington, Washington home. That would put him closer to Millie. But Stennis has a psychologist who outranks him and likes his job.

Matt was taken from his office during an exercise in the Yellow Sea.

Family Left Behind:Father: James McShae

Mother: Wilma McShae

Siblings: Rodney (brother), Angela (sister, adopted from Russia)

Children: Millicent Willow MacIntyre (daughter)

Okay, one more player might be joining (Long), bringing us up to lucky 13! Whew! I am going to split the players into groups right now for my own sanity and because it makes sense ICly. To help with that, and with player sanity, I'd like everyone to rate themselves on posting:

Frequent - Generally at least once a day, if not multiple times a day.

Moderate - Several times a week to sometimes as much as once a day.

Casual - Once a week, occasionally more as life permits.

Thanks!

Probably frequent.

Due to health issues, I only occasionally get out of the house. There are few other things to do with my time, and interacting with other people through a site like this helps with the psychological issues that come from being pretty much home bound.

Mala: Sorry to do this so suddenly, but I have been considering the concept and comparing it to some other opened up games, and I feel less than solid with my character. And you've got inundated anyway with interested players.

Basically, I am pulling out. This sounds great as a game, I wish folks fun, I'm just not sure I'm up for playing. smile

Name:Dave Killop

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 185 lbs.

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Black

History:

Born in Mt. Clemens, Michigan Dave spent the first ten years of his life in eight different foster homes. Breaking and entering, petty larceny, trespassing, larceny from an auto, assault and public intoxication were just the beginning of his antics and that was all before he turned eighteen.

Coming from a Detroit family saturated by alcoholism and stupidity, it's a wonder Dave never turned out like them. With nearly two decades under his belt of being a loud, out spoken brawler he finally decided it was time to turn his life around after a drunken stint one weekend where he was so drunk he'd literally forgotten four days of his life. With nothing but pictures to prove it and all the hair burned off his legs, he decided it was time to grow up.

Since then he's been living an average life as an average guy with average an job.

Dave is a good ol' boy without the country in him. He's opinionated and loud and doesn't waste his time considering what other people might think about him. Haters are always going to hate, it's what they do. If he has 14 haters hating on him than he'll do his best to make it 16 by the end of the week. While they're hating, he's enjoying life.

He's honest to a fault, which has actually gotten him into more trouble than saved him from it. His brand of honesty is simple: it's the truth and if you don't like the truth, piss off. The filter on his mouth and brain are usually severely lacking, and he often says things that leave most people gasping and goose necking going 'oh no he didn't'.

In short, he doesn't sugar coat things or spare people's feelings. (Translated: He's an asshole.)

Dave's an athletic guy who works out three times a week and does cardio everyday. He's about average in height with short black hair shaved down to an almost military length.

Update:

I still need character sheets from Jasmine, Max, and Mik. I've got a history from you, Mik, but no stats for the character.

I also still need posting frequencies from Jasmine, Max, and Raven.

I'm going to start the game Sunday night/Monday day, so please get this whatever I need from you asap. You can't post until you have an approved character!

Posting frequency, moderate to casual, depending on the frequency of posters and what's happening in my life right now. Sorry I haven't gotten a character yet - it's been a busy work week. I have dinner w/Dad tomorrow night around 6-ish, but since I have Monday off I MAY see about coming over to your place for a bit afterwards to do the character since you have that software program that makes it faster, if that's okay.

• 1 month later...

Just to clarify for Wyrd - the reason that reply took a while was because I was ticked at you. In the future, I ask that you don't hijack my PC by assuming he's going to stand there like a bump on a log while your PC monologues at him - especially when Matt was talking to an NPC and not James in his previous post. I managed to calm down enough to not only work around the post but to move on in a way that I feel comfortable. I also wanted to let you know that Matt's not going to stop and engage further; if James says anything else, it's to his back.

As a note, if my language seems harsh, it's not because I'm upset or anything anymore. I just wanted to be crystal clear on why I was upset and to request that you not make assumptions about my PC's reactions in future posts. Thanks!

I'm getting the impression that our characters are not going to get along well together, at least not soon; as far as I'm concerned, in character, you don't have the right to decide what is important either. He had come close to writing off the entire group as probably useless because he tried to do what you wanted him to do, get water and then get help distributing it, and the only person he could find to help ordered him to stop working on what he does understand and spend his time distributing more water to people who wouldn't cooperate with him. Not a brat, but a kid bright enough to really not like people not taking him seriously.

As for posting and assuming on your character, your post preempted mine, with my cooperation, then my post interrupted yours, then yours interrupted mine again. Perhaps things would have gone better if we had discussed the conversation ooc before writing the posts IC, as I added my response and then let you go about what you had declared you were going to do, instead of trying to write your character. Given how often we see each other in chat, perhaps any future interactions should be at least minimally discussed.

Archived