Aberrant: 200X - Spoils of War [Rewards Thread]

Eingar

May 2011

Gods of War has gotten off to a good start this month. Thanks to everyone who posted and participated. Though I realise that it's not yet the end of May, I'm starting this thread up now so that people have a chance to have their say on the rewards I'll be handing out. Here's my proposed rewards for the first month:

Evo - 2 extra XP for facing death like a trooper AND some good writing as he went through some character growth as a result. A point of Reputation (Avenging Forest Devil) for the small area he's currently haunting.

WhiteRain - 1 extra XP for participation and good writing, as well as throwing yourself right into the shit.

The Morrigan - 1 extra XP for participation and good writing. Keep on stabbin'.

Bombshell - 1 extra XP for participation and good writing. I'm interested to see where she'll end up next.

Einherjar - 2 XP for participation and assistance/Moderation, and 2 pts of Reputation for saving thousands of lives.

Dozer - 1 XP for participation.

Thoughts and counter-proposals below, please.

Hmm. Kinda smallish there on the XP... just kidding. wink

If good writing and participation is XP-worthy... I say 1 xp for Ein. As for the not-duel, the Forcefield turned a potential 27L max of damage into a ping. That's the not the biggest one... for Steelbolt seemed like he wasn't tough enough to take Ein's chops, though one might think he should. The AP was just unfair.

I think 1 xp is appropriate for great writing, but it seems Ein wants to award the 2nd xp for actually been in danger. He ROFLstomped those two elites, and like he said took a total of 1 L damage.

Maybe a larger reputation gain would be appropriate, though? I mean, he's been on the news several times now, he's losing all of his gains with Devries... I see a shift rather than a straight loss going on.

Though I do see the argument for getting xp for moddishness too smile

While I'm not in the thread, there is a thought I'd like to toss in:

1: For every dot of wealth Ein loses from DeVries sending their "Burn Notice" increases his reputation as he saves the people in the Congo.

2: I'd see Ein getting 2 XP fir his effort and roleplay, he's been brilliant.

Hmm... given what other people are stating, yeah, Reputation adds should be in order for Ein. But I stand by the 1 xp mark. Yes, he's done great RP. But Evo is the only one to currently have 2 xp, and the specification Ein puts out is that he's faced a genuine chance of death.

Ein took on two other Elites and took one's sneak attack for 1L, then Thor-Raged him with lightning. The other cracked out a miss barrage from a BFG, and was cut down in two.

Not to say this wasn't big RP or stuff going on. But Bombshell, Morrigan, and others have done great too, but part of the conceit of the bonus for Hardcore! and the bonuses are that you put your character at real risk.

Not to be arguing or greedy, just my two cents.

To clarify -

The reason the participants are getting XP to begin with is due to their Hardcore consent status. If they were on Normal, it'd be just like any other fic, light on the Moderation and dice rolling, no risk to the characters that they don't write for themselves. Normal participants don't get XP bonuses. They are eligible for other rewards like Backgrounds, depending.

The only thing that seems to separate Evo from everyone else so far is that he got his ass kicked. Unless we're going to start splitting hairs on who has the best fics. That seems dodgy ground to me.

At the end of the day if you're the only mod you have to give yourself whatever xp you think is appropriate. If you can get another mod to do it, so much the better.

Alternatively make the criteria for gaining multiple xp clear, as it does in the main rulebook. You get extra xp for x, y, and z.

Okay. Rewards are now posted.

Dozer - If we see some more out of you before the end of the month you'll get something too, never fear. smile I'm not prepared to award participation based off of 1 short post, however.

• 1 month later...

June 2011

Great month for all in Gods of War. Good writing and roleplaying, some good drama and some excellent portrayals of the war story. Proposed rewards for June are:

Evo - 1 extra XP for RP and character development. 1 NP to be spent on skills or backgrounds. Temporary 2 pt Dark Secret flaw - blew up that village.

WhiteRain - 2 extra XP for participation and good writing, in addition to rolling with the punches. 1 NP to be spent on Skills or Backgrounds. Temporary Combat Paralysis flaw.

The Morrigan - 2 extra XP for participation, character development and RP. 1 NP to be spent on Skills or Backgrounds. (Can't think of a temporary flaw to inflict. Morri's got enough issues right now).

Bombshell - 2 extra XP for participation, RP and good writing. 1 NP for Skills or Backgrounds. Temporary 4 pt Enemy flaw

Einherjar - 2 XP for participation and assistance/Moderation, and 1 NP for Skills or Backgrounds. Temporary 5 pt enemy flaw

Dozer - 2 XP for participation, good RP and some artistic destruction. 1 Np for skills or Backgrounds. Temporary 5 pt Enemy flaw (The government of the Congo). Temporary Flashbacks flaw.

Loki - 2 extra XP for participation, RP and good writing.

Mahdi - 2 extra XP for participation, RP and good writing.

Kazuo and Ausrine - 2 extra XP for participation, RP and good writing.

A word about the 1NP I've handed out. Obviously, it's for spending on backgrounds (and in some cases skills) that you would reasonably have learned/gained during your adventures. If you would like advice on what those might be, feel free to ask, but I'm giving you guys a free hand in deciding for yourselves. Examples of skills that might be picked up include Linguistics, Tactics or Survival, or a *small* boost to combat skills if they're low. Backgrounds could include Followers, Backing, Reputation or Influence. The nova Backgrounds such as Dormancy and Node are unlikely prospects unless you feel that your character might have developed these in the Congo story.

If you don't want to reasonably spend the point right now, then you may bank it until it becomes more appropriate to spend, but only in the ways I've listed by your names. smile If you didn't get an NP this time, do not despair. I do intend for everyone involved in GoW to get that reward at some point.

Archived