Aberrant: 200X - Victoria Crush Charity Extravaganza

Bombshell

"Twelve million dollars."

Knockout stared at the final bidding total for a long moment, then turned back to the amount she'd raised. "$121,291.38."

She pulled up a chair and sat in it for a long moment, staring at the total. Five-sixths of it had come from a single source, too. The rest, scattered all over. Lots of donors, sure, but no way was she touching 12 million dollars, not if she did this every day for a year.

It felt petty - some of them had given all they had - but all the same, 12 million dollars would buy a lot more food and shelter than 120,000 dollars and change. Most days she didn't have much of an opinion on capitalism. Today she was developing one.

"Maybe I should have joined the others..." She sighed. But, no. Danielle got nervous sometimes, around other novas. In a small group she was more or less okay, but with a lot of them around it felt like waiting for a bomb to go off, and she was especially nervous around them one-on-one since you never knew when one would manifest date rape powers or just plain be stronger than her, and decide that she was just too pretty not to have one way or another. Danielle had talked to her sister about this fear. Her sister had referred to it as "being female." And with that, Danielle suddenly understood why even when he was younger than her, she asked him to come along sometimes when she was walking to the university.

She looked at the total again, nodded, and stood back up. It might not have been the richest way, the most efficient way, or the best way, but it was her way, and it was more money for the Charity. And right now, that mattered most of all.

"Okay, we're back. Couple of new requests here! Cecilia requested a costume of Marisa Kirisame, and Sakurako wants something called a 'plugsuit...'"

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"We have been worried about such a thing as well Sakurako, I will not lie. With the HTT and other groups active in the waters and lands neighboring us, I worry that wehaven't enough manpower to manage everything."

Her features darken. "I will not fail my home again, they will not do something like that there."

Ryusei nodded. "I can agree with that. While I am not quite sold on the idea of being a full member of Nippontai myself, Mayumi, I'd be more than willing to consider a reserve membership. If my home is in danger and I can be of real help, then I would help."

He smiled. "I still have many friends at home, and I'd rather they never know first hand what I saw in the ruins of Victoria."

Mayumi's eyes brightened. It was not the clear victory she truly wanted, but it was an idea that had real merit. A reserve corps of novas that could bolster Nippontai when the need arose. His next comment was perhaps the most telling of Ryusei's real nature.

"Whatever salary I would earn, I would see it funneled into a program or scholarship to help underprivelaged children attend school. We are but Stewards of the world until the next generation is ready to take up the mantle from us."

He was sure his altruism would leak out, and with all the probable agreements, the fund wouldn't lack financial support. Even more, it would be great press for his other ventures and for the family.

She strokes her scarf. "No... thing is, sometimes I'm afraid I'm a bird who was trapped in a gilded cage all it's life. I've lived a life of regimentation and regulation to this point. It's hard for marble to be rubber."

She adjusts herself in the stadium seating near the front row. She leans over to Austin and whispers... "Brickhouse didn't look good. He had advanced symptoms of a allergic reaction... that fox-like nova turned the tide a bit, but she couldn't help him totally..."

"I would most likely re-invest my salary into research and development with my own personal budget. And unlike your idea, Ryusei... I intend to earn my spot on the main team. After all, my inventions will be on the front line, and what better way to observe your creation's performance than in the field?"

She adjusts her suit again, Ryusei knows she's focusing when she does that. She pulls out a pair of glasses. She touches the side of the glasses once they're on her face and what looks like a HUD appears on the lenses. She starts collecting together the information she's been collating for the night in regards to the engineering stresses within the combat zone.

"Like tonight... I'm amazed my ring down there lasted THIS long..."

Mary gets done taking her shower and gets the white plugsuit like undergarment back on. She hits a switch and the suit constricts to her bodyform. "Man... maybe at some point I can get one of those fancy eufiber suits I see some of those PU guys using..."

She steps out and heads to the VIP lounge next to the talent lounge. She knocks and walks in. The first people to lock eyes on her are her parents and the Mayor of Minneapolis.

"Mary!" Her mother shouts as she runs over and hugs her. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah. Sakurako did a bang-up job on that suit."

"Duh." Her older brother chimes in. "She's that brainiac they've been talking about on the news lately for her humanitarian efforts..."

"Samuel..." She sighs, looking over to the mayor. "Your honor... I didn't think you'd be backstage."

The mayor looks over the white suit. "Looks like her handywork alright." The mayor says, adjusting her white hair. Her hair was prematurely whitened with shock during the bridge collapse a few years back, and although she was barely in her thirties, she looked a bit older. "But I'm glad you're okay, that's all that matters."

"Why the concern, your honor?"

"Call me Anna, Mary."

"First name basis... something's up."

Anna clears her throat. "I was going to ask... well... someone else at this point but seeing you were a Nova already of Minneapolis I could ask you first."

"And what would that be?" Mary says, her arms akimbo.

"Well, the city council and the police department both approved the budget for a Municipal Defender, but I flatly didn't want to hire from DeVries. They're love of... military affairs would be a black mark on the reputation of the city."

Mary knew Anne was a vehement anti-war activist, and got in with the liberal vote. Including her's. "So... you're asking me... to be your girl?"

"If that is what you want. We can get you trained and equipped for the job, with a commensurate salary to match. All that is really required is your approval and your body dimensions for the costume..."

"Wait wait... costume?"

"Oh here we go..." Mary's dad pipes up. "Last thing we need is something that'll sell action figures."

"Dad... this is for appearances, and the sales would go to charity, right?" Mary says with emphasis.

"Actually it would go into your budget to keep the program running."

"Hmm, well if taxes won't go up because of me, I can accept that. Just... don't embarass me."

"What do you mean?" Anne says, scratching her head. "I'm not the one you should ask in regards to your uniform."

"Oh now it's a uniform... Who am I gonna be, Admiral Minneapolis?"

"...Ensign Minneapolis... we didn't want to be too presumptuous."

Mary grins. "No way... no bloody way. You actually lifted an idea right out of my head." She says with a grin.

"So... when's boot camp?"

He relaxed back in the Chang-cushioned sofa comfortably, like Shae, he was running slender fingers over the supple 'upholstery' and causing Chang's very being to tingle. It was a seemingly innocent resting of his arms on the back of the couch, ostensibly to encircle both Saori and Edward, but with every 'casual' brush of a fingertip Chang experienced an almost obscene lightning flash of pleasure thoughout her marvellous central nervous system. The artistic nova's finely honed senses were a raw wound into which Skein was dripping honey-like pleasure, all the while keeping his lazy gaze on those conversing. He had inwardly smiled at how easily Edward had handled the naive Sunshine, marking the youth in his mind for later - for it was obvious that if any could make a Terat, it would be a nova who had little to no common ground with humanity. Still, the warm, glowing boy-man was so... innocent. It was hard, even for one such as Tomas, to disdain the honest questions and concerns the other nova had posed. *To question is to find answers, and to find answers leads to more questions, and along the way we evolve.* he remarked silently to his family through their link. *That 'boy' bears watching - Where we might be the Yin of the Teragen, he could be a balancing Yang, regardless of whether we agree on details. Edward's gentle handling may have created a favorable impression, and the boy seems acquainted with White Rain also.*

Chang's last exchange with the nova called Evo attracted Skein's attention also, the young Monster marvelling at the intricacy of the form she twisted herself into.

"Nothing, of course." he answered her question, pre-empting Evo. "One thing novakind - and I suppose humanity as well - should always be wary of is self-abnegation and hypocrisy, fear of who and what we are. For us as Terats, with our limitless potential and variety, to limit ourselves to the expectations of others, whether baseline or nova, Terat or Utopian, is a crime. Our ultimate judge can only be ourselves, the only critic we should acknowledge is the ones here-" he tapped a finger against his head, then his heart "-and here." He rested his hands again on the seat-back, again inflicting tantalising pleasure on his welcoming host.

"Otherwise we are not truly free, and not truly responsible for ourselves."

Ryusei nodded. I wasn't there during the explosion, but I was there immediately afterwards. We were eating with Jason at the time."

He speared his sister with a hard gaze. "The reserve idea is one that suits me. In time I might be willing to join fully, but if I had to make that call rght now I wouldn't. I will protect Japan in my own small way, and on my terms for the most part."

His phone chirped. "I see the Americans are here too. The Connelly company, if I recall. They're our rough American counterpart."

Mayumi nodded. "Competition is good, it makes innovation more likely."

Ryusei looked to Sakurako. "I expected you to go seek them out more than me. I know you enjoy talking shop with others like yourself."

"Ryusei... I'm sort of not wanting to think about business right now. I was trying to start to set up a corporation of my own but I had the carpet bought out from under me."

She sits down near the windows of the skybox. "I have my suspicions as to who, but at this point I'm considering their move fair play. I wasn't protecting the assets I was making moves on and it wasn't hostile because I got the money back I was investing. I was sloppy and I deserve to have lost my knickers on the attempt but... I got away lucky."

She massages her temples. "I just... don't think I should chase that particular star anymore." She says turning back to Kou. "I'm just wondering what I'll have to do when I sign up and when the training starts."

Jason was barely three strides out of the Talent Lounge before a harried looking production assistant came rushing up to her as if she was his salvation. Despite the instant dilation of his pupils, the flush to his skin, and bulge straining his pants, he pressed on with his concerns with admirable aplomb.

"Bombshell, just the woman I was looking for," he said, ignoring the strident note to his voice just as he ignore all his body's other physiological responses to being in the presence of such unalloyed pulchritude. "We're having a bit of a problem - no one seems to want to go on stage after the auction on your Bust." He eyes immediately glanced at the real thing, jutting just above his eye level, but with a supreme effort, he recovered quickly. "I mean the Bust of you. It's a tough act to follow and the crowd is starting to get restive..."

"It's Chang's Bust, I'm just the... inspiration," Jason clarified, her smooth tones and friendly grin easing the production assistant's anxiety. "And please, call me Jason. Okay, I'll go back on now. We'll follow up Chang's Bust with the talking part on Valkyrie. Maybe those who missed on on ownin' my likeness will bid on the chance to interact with me personally on my show, eh? Sounds good? And if it falls flat, it falls flat and I take the hit. The other acts will be in the clear."

"That's... that's perfect Bomb - Jason!" the production assistant exclaimed. "I'll call Control and get the clip cued up on the screens. Thanks!"

"Not a problem. I called up a good chunk of the acts to show up, guess it's only fair I keep them comfortable. Let's get this show back on track... until the next incredible surprise knocks it off again."

Jason detoured and strutted towards the stage as the theme music to Valkyrie began blaring through the speaker system.

Sakurako notices the pause down below. She looks down and sees Bombshell walking back to the combat zone. She sighs, scratching her head wondering why the control room isn't keeping the proper pace.

"Well... that info will have to be texted to me. I'm goign to wander for a bit. Ryusei... don't embarrass yourself now, she's my boss, now." Sakurako says with a wink before starting to leave. She bows to Mayumi giving her a business card in both hands, oriented in the proper manner. The light shade of cherry-blossom pink, and sakura blossom accenture is a soft contrast to the techncial and sterile font.

"I can be reached at this opnet address at any time, for any reason, Mayumi. Trust me, even at three in the morning I'll answer any message."

The young woman wandered around enjoying the festivities with interest. Her eyes followed many nova's taking special note of many factors learning as one would say as much as she could. She played her role very well as some human amazed and bewildered by the collective nova's that came to the event. Some were nice others not so but they kept things civil. To her this was quite the field trip let alone the fine entertainment.

She giggled a little leaning back against one of the pillars noticing Sakurako talking with Ryusei for a short time from the hallway connecting the skybox though a open door. She watched them both very carefully catching on to bits and pieces of body language they so casually displayed. She begun to gather a great deal of information out if it. Suddenly Sakurako tensed and looked in a direction below her visual point she couldn't whom she was looking at. But knew whom ever it was was someone important to her. Maybe it would be fun finding out whom it was or maybe she might give it away some how later.

All the while she was watching Sakurako and Ryusei she kept a very convincing act up as if just happen to be there took casual interest in the two nova's talking. This event was a perfect way for her to gather information on any nova whom she came across. The perfect way to do this was be human and play the part and she knew how all to well.^-^

Click to reveal.. (Here's what Silvertalon picks up on.)
Sakurako isn't focussed on hiding anyything. Mayumi seems to be someone she holds in high regard... and perhaps as some sort of superior.

She also has a troubled mind, although the subject of her trouble is... not clear if you didn't hear.

Mayumi gives Sakurako her Nippontai standard business card and returns Sakurako's bow. "I will let you know tomorrow where to go and when things start, Ms. Hideyoshi. Is there any codename you prefer? Unless you want us to pick one."

"Doryoku." Sakurako says.

- Translation: In Japanese, "Doryoku" means "effort" or "endeavor".

Edward briefly considered a change in topic, but he could sense Tomas and Shae's actions through their mental bond. In return, they sensed wry amusement from their older, more "responsible" spouse, and something akin to a mental shake of the head.

Would you two please give the poor girl a break? One of you at a time is still more than most can handle, as you're both very well aware. And she seems to want to have out this debate with the monkey-lover... something I'm sure you're complicating with your distractions. Do save some surprises for later, hm?

The VIP Lounge was a bustle of rich, well-connected and famous individuals who all had their own private skyboxes, but liked to spend a sizable portion of events like this in the public eye. Certain members of the celebrity press with a few real reporters mixed in were admitted to watch, photograph and take notes as the great and good, both noded and non-noded rubbed shoulders and talked animatedly. Some real business and politicking went on, of course. Over in one corner two movie producers were discussing a role with Crimson Light, who had an almost dangerously bored Jael Carver on his arm. The Mayor of Minneapolis was discussing overall contract terms and duties with the newly-minted city defender. Lydia Devine was smiling for the cameras with a small crowd of famous and semi-famous men and women, trying to make sure that her own face was at least as prominent in the coverage of the event as Bombshell's whilst attempting to figure out a way to meet with White Rain to commission her own artwork. But apart from the exceptions, mostly this was a place to be seen, as well as to see. To flirt, to wheel, to deal, and to intrigue.

And into the barracuda pool, sculling along like a nice tasty herring came Sunshine.

The warm glow was the first thing people noticed - it was a slice of midsummer afternoon in the plushly decorated lounge, the golden, swirling light playing off the walls and throwing glints from the metal and glass. He moved with nova grace and poise, a leonine tumble of golden hair reaching down past the shoulders of the ivory-hued tuxedo Katya had had made for him, and he smiled as he noticed people looking, nodding in casual greeting. Eyes like a summer sky gazed back at those watching him as he moved into the room, his head turning this way and that as though he found the people around him as interesting as they found him (which was, in fact, the case). The expression on those gorgeous, golden features was one of frank and open curiosity and pleasure at what he was seeing around him. Room and youth watched one another for a long moment.

Then the spell broke, people turned back to their conversations and the buzz started up once more. A few cameras clicked, taking the godling's picture, but he wasn't mobbed. He smiled and picked up one of the canapes, spotting Jael and winking at her as he popped it into his mouth whole, making the motion look elegant. A certain level of Brownian motion was happening in the bustle now, as various people began jockeying for a position where they could 'casually' approach the glowing nova who seemed oblivious to the attention, his own being on the large wall-screen where Bombshell was taking to the center of the arena again. As the silver-haired Amazon began to explain the next prize up for grabs, Sunshine snagged another vol-au-vent and ate that whole too.

Taking one last sip of her soda she pushed off the pillar she was leaning against and left walking down the hallway with the crowd. Slowly she made her way towards the Vip lounge curios to see what all the fuss was about. It was a slight of a walk having ventured down the wrong path way once or twice. The entire complex was massive and a little annoying to navigate but over all it was fun getting there.

She came to the door and two men stood there asking for the ID slips. Some people got in but most were not allowed as they were turned away. A few even tried to bribe the doormen and got a quick exit out of the building by a couple burly men. She walked up casually to one of the men and flashed her Vip badge as she smiled. The doorman took a moment and nodded as he stepped to the side allowing her to step inside.

"It always amazes me how easy things can be with the right identifications.."

She softly spoke to herself looking around the room seeing any novas are present as well as taking note of all the humans as well. She got a few glances from some of the patrons a little under dressed compared to all the others. But she took her time to casually stroll through the Vip lounge for the moment.

Mary sits in a corner, massaging her temples with a cold bottle of water, laying on one of the couches in the VIP room. She's new to using these powers and that spike of use that quickly was awkward. She stays away from everyone, just to try to relax. She's been through a lot today, and the slightly better but still throbbing headache is taxing.

"Ugh... can't wait to get home and just sleep this off..."

She gets a text on her messenger. "Sleep, Eat, and drink water. Stay away from the crazy crap for a few days. -Pinkie"

"Heh... thanks..." She says, before just laying back. Curling up on a couch.

One green eye slitted open and regarded Edward across the circle of chairs that Chang had made of herself, lips twitching up into a grin. *But Daddy...* was sent along their mental bond in a 'voice' porn stars would have given limbs for, along with a thrum of amused impishness. *She's fun, and comfortable. I was just...you know...giving back. Being polite.*

She did take the sting out of her touch, though. Now it was only fingertips that brushed lightly over Chang's skin, though it was no less of a caress for its lack of quantum enhancement. *There. Not overwhelming anymore, just...mmmhm...still fun.*

*Mmm....* Shae mused across the family's bond, *I wonder if anyone has ever let her feel like a true work of art before?*

*I would certainly be willing to try to make her feel such.* Saori was much more reserved than Tomas and Shae. She was showing her appreciation of Chang in a much more subdued way: by looking at their living host with appreciation. For those adept in reading emotions, there was no doubt that the quiet woman was quite interested in the shapeshifter's talent.

As Tomas and Shae had become more thoughtful and outgoing, in their own ways, Saori had become more thoughtful and introverted. Her family knew that there were real processes going on her mind. Once Shae had been the quiet one of the family; now it was Saori. A baseline family might have worried and tried to coax words out of her; instead the other Mansfields let her speak in her time. Of course, she thought ‘aloud’ more than she spoke aloud, sharing far more of her mind with her family than anyone else.

Tonight, she was again silent through the back and forths. Oh, she watched, her dark eyes noting all the interactions in the room. The only sign of her thought was a slight flicker of distaste when Evo talked of the value of baselines. Her family knew very well her thoughts and feelings on the zips: she found few of merit or value.

Her eyes settled on Donald Wallace, waiting for him to reply, if he had any to give. As she spoke, there was no sign of the quantum she expended, nor of what she was doing to young Mr. Wallace.

Click to reveal..
Saori is using Emotional Manipulation on Evo to bolster his willingness to speak openly. The emotion she’s raising: anger. Given what has been said to him, he should be feeling a touch more annoyed than he was; his words are being thrown back in his face. She wants him to tell the assembled Terats exactly what is on his mind regarding them, the Movement, etc.

Since 200x is purely consent-based, I didn’t bother with dice. Evo is free to play it however he wants, to either pass or fail his Willpower resistance roll as the player wishes.

Casually she strolled though the Vip lounge it was a good number of well off people, press and a good number of nova's enjoying the light of the press and the attention. She just shook her head slightly at Sunshine's displaying his elegant showmanship and swave nature. He had every reporter and a good number of ladies showing interest in him. He indeed was handsome nova but still one hand to wounder what type of person he was to heart. She only paused for a few minutes to watch him more closely from the bar.

"Ma'm? You want something?" The bartender asks.

"Sure, I would like a Mango'spiner light on the vodka with a little umbrella and slice of lemon." She gave him a warm smile.

The bartender gave her a look over curiously and then noticed her hand on the counter top with a 200 canadian dollars. He smiled and nodded, "Right away miss." He took the payment and tip quickly as he went to work.

She was amused by his antics in how casually he held the press at bay and the ladies in his sway. It was like watching an actor swooning his fans how adorable it was. She was never one to enjoy the spot light so openly like that. But still it must be nice to have all those people wanting your attention but at the same time it could be such a hindrance.

"Ma'm your drink is ready.. If you want anything else your next order is on me." He smiled and nodded slightly.

"Thank you, I might take you up on that offer handsome.." She softly said with a playful wink before slipping away sipping upon her drink though a straw leaving the bartender slightly hot under the collar.

She strolled past the other novas taking time to learn there names and see some of what they were upto and yet never really seamed to interested in any of them. But it was until she came to a more darker area of the lounge she heard a soft groan and noticed someone laying back on one of the couches she strolled over and saw Mary.

"Miss are you okay?... Wait... Your Mary right? The one I saw with Sakurko not to long ago?" She curiously asks.

Mary looks up at the odd woman who... refreshingly... is concerned about her wellbeing.

"Ah... yes, I am her. You're mightily observant, for a fan."

She sits up, her head throbbing. "Brickhouse did a number on me, and I'm slightly sore. I think you'd understand."

Click to reveal..
She's lying... and she's a poor liar. You know the look of a Nova who's just popped their node for the first time.

"So... enjoying the night? I... don't think I look like I'm having fun."

After Sakurako makes her leave she steps into a nearby bathroom and changes her clothes. It's been a fun night so far, and she's going to have more fun. She puts her business clothes in a bag she's been carrying with her, and changes the formation of her eufiber bodysuit into a replica of Asuka's plugsuit. She then changes her hair and eye color to match the character's.

Sakurako then taps a few buttons on her ViaPad and opens a dataport near the room Knockout is in, then transmits herself and her belongings right where she intended.

Sakurako knocks on the door to Knockout's makeshift studio. "Hey! mind if I join in for a little while?" She says with a playful voice.

When Bombshell stepped back on stage, the noise in the arena spiked, some hollering at the sight of the phenomenal beauty, others roaring for the show to get started again. Jason waved back and with a perfect, gleaming smile, her awe-inspiring presence filled the entire arena, stilling raucous tongues like a particularly devastating knife.

"Thank-you, thank-you. That's right, I'm back already, coverin' for a minor difficulty. Seems like the final bid on Chang's amazing bust," Jason punctuated the word with a subtle, but distinctive arch to her back, her glorious voice rich with amusement, "has gotten the others a little nervous followin' it up. So, they've left it to me to make the next offerin.'"

The crowd roared again and Jason took what pleasure she could in it. It could have been shallow, and it wasn't the hockey crowd she'd dreamed off ever since she was a little boy, but there was certainly something when you knew that crowd was cheering for you. She waited for the audience to settle back into a rustling murmur before continuing.

"But, first, can we have another hand for the true artist this night, Chang Zha-Yang." There was the minutest of pauses, then the crowd erupted into gracious clapping and piercing whistles and again, Jason let grow silent in their own time, giving the Control Room precious seconds and minutes to get the future acts into a new order. "Okay, so, maybe you've lost out on the chance on owning a piece of art that looks more like me than I do, but I can offer y'all somethin' nearly as good, maybe..."

Jason made an expansive gesture with her hands and the OLED screens in the vitrium panels surrounding the Combat Zone flared to life, showcasing the intro and clips from the first season of Valkyrie. The techno-tribal beat of the theme music to her N!BO show made the ground tremble.

"Season one of Valkyrie has wrapped up and Season two will begin shootin' in several weeks. And tonight, a talking role in a future episode is on the block, with a guaranteed scene with me. Three days on the set, with me. Who knows how much you'll see. I can promise more than what the Bust suggested..." She let a pregnant pause grow, full of lustful fantasies, then ran a hand up her leg. "Arms and legs, for one."

"So, who wants to Valkyrie in action, up close and personal?" Bombshell snapped her fingers, the sound reverberating inside the bowl of the arena, then pointed at the screen, the starting bid flashing into sight. "Let the biddin' start!"

A soft chuckle can be heard as she nods slightly "Indeed I may very well be or not. Its for you to decide." She takes a sip upon her fruity drink. All the while she took a few moments to observe the systems and how she looked and what she was doing to relieve the aliment that was affecting her.

"Indeed he did a number on you it seamed he was out of his mind by the looks of it. I dare say he was in berserk state more so then he ever was in. Poor Robot Rob, I hope he will be okay from a pounding like that. He was quite the skilled combatant."

She noticed the lie and smiled a little "Mind If I sit and talk with you for a little, it might ease the pain your in. A very nasty migraine by the looks of it....." She casually says raising an eye brow.

"Indeed I am I got to see some interesting action... A sale... Sakurako running amok." A soft giggle can be heard, "An many other things. I got to see something very special tonight as well. The video's were slightly altered but the action at seat side showed a slightly different detail. Although I am just a big fan of many of the nova's here. I am so curios about each and every one of them. It cannot be helped I guess its the case of curiosity kills the cat.

"Although judging by your migraine you have it will take a day for the major throbbing to ease and a good two days for it to completely dissipate. Just a professional opinion, try to avoid anything that will... Tax your system until least four days after that you should be fine."

Mary quirks an eyebrow, but then understands the logic, even if it is from a strange asian woman who dropped in out of nowhere and then gives her advice on her health care. "Hmm. Now that my last match is done... things should be quieter for a few days before my real training begins."

She sits back in her seat. "Robot Rob's fought his last, and so has Brickhouse I'm afraid. But my days are still coming along. When I get back to Minneapolis I'm starting training to become it's municipal defender. I guess the Mayor saw something in me, I dunno... Anyways life is life."

She sighs. "You know, talking with you... makes me feel somewhat better."

She looks closer at the woman. "What's your name? I think it'd be rude not to ask."

"Its good you will be getting some rest in, its much needed after the tussle you went though. But its a shame to hear that Robot Rob is retired a fun character may young children and teenagers looked up to."

She smiled a little and nodded, "I see and congratulations, those will be very large shoes you will have to fill. But a word of advice young lady.." a playful grin plays across her lips. "Do not become so full of yourself you loose sight of whom you were.... To many have fallen to such a fate they are blind to the shadows that stalk them. Much like Brickhouse would be a very good educated guess and I would assume his last words were the same.."

Her head tilts slightly to the side as she places a finger upon her ear. Her eye brows slightly lower as she sighs a bit, "I am sorry but I must go....." Rising out of her seat as she finishes off the last of her drink before wiping off the table top.

She smiles a bit warmly "But for now I am sure we will meet again Mary." She looks down at her wrist watch and calmly walks towards the bar giving the bartender the glass she held. He nodded and then took it into the back room as she left the vip lounge.

Mary lays back after her mysterious visitor came by, and she lays back down. But the smile on her face was way, way different than it was when she first arrived. It even managed to make her headache not seem so bad anymore.

"I already know, whoever you are."

She looks at the milling about crowd. She wishes she could join them, but she doesn't know if the pain will return, and drive her back to her shaded, darkened nest. She takes a blanket she took from a storage closet usually used for soundproofing or for padding during a move and wraps up with it. She knows if she falls asleep someone will wake her when they start moving things around to be taken away.

To her, this isn't the end of the carnival, but the start.

Jadzia stood a few yards from Chang's impression of a living seating arrangement, casually sipping a drink while following what went on with interest. Certainly these people seemed to work...very well together.

She didn't mind it all that much - she'd never been much of the social butterfly, and when it came to philosophical discussions, this place felt more like a rotary club than a festive gathering. At least, she thought, it's not like there's an abundance of masks and colored outfits like the TV-shows.

She regarded the ease with which Chang contorted herself with more than a bit of jealousy. She seemed to make it all so easy, such control and creativity.

Her mind wandered to the discussion, and found her interest drawn to Evo's words and Edward's retort. Subconsciously she wandered back into the group's periphery, not wanting to miss any of it. Moving closer to Donald Wallace's side, she anticipated what his next train of thought would prove to be.

It was not in Chang's nature to 'work herself up'. She had come to this position by a sudden emotional surge, and let it take its course. To fan the flames of desire or hate or any other feeling seemed unwise to her, and possibly counter to the purpose of Teras. So, despite her growing anger at Donald's silence, she made no effort to run his words around like mice in the maze of her mind, to fan herself to a towering rage as people were oft to do.

Much of her feelings came from recent experiences, from the MC's arrogance and foolishness, from a heartfelt weariness at being judged for having the audacity to be unique in a culture that positively screamed about how everyone was unique.

Unique like everybody else.

Chang could feel the natural temptation to make herself angrier, but she prevented it. Self-control had always been one of her strongest points. In fact it appeared the quartet in front of her were keen to test that self-perception, as both Skein and Shae now used subtle, hidden motions to touch and stroke her. So far, the had helped confirm her belief, and this pleased her more than their touches, though she appreciated those as well.

She kept the signs of her pleasure from her face, though the waves of sensation made her want to return the favour on those two females. Though even thinking that forced her to admit to inexperience. In her nine years of Nova life she had only lain with one woman, and her a baseline. Chang had the sneaking suspicion that the same truth could not be placed at the feet of Shae. Saori had said little, and so she declined any judgement or assessment.

Oddly, she reminded Chang of herself so far. She had always been that way with Scrambler. Silent, listening, never putting herself into a discussion unless someone wished to speak with her. She had learned a lot that way.

Before Donald could answer Chang's demand, Skein spoke up.

"Nothing, of course. One thing novakind - and I suppose humanity as well - should always be wary of is self-abnegation and hypocrisy, fear of who and what we are. For us as Terats, with our limitless potential and variety, to limit ourselves to the expectations of others, whether baseline or nova, Terat or Utopian, is a crime. Our ultimate judge can only be ourselves, the only critic we should acknowledge is the ones here-" he tapped a finger against his head, then his heart "-and here." He rested his hands again on the seat-back, again inflicting tantalising pleasure on his welcoming host.

"Otherwise we are not truly free, and not truly responsible for ourselves."

She was taken aback by these words. It was almost like throwing cold water in her face. Not because they shocked her. They could have been her own. No, what struck her hard was the feeling that until now, until Skein had spoken, she had not had the beginnings of a real conversation in years.

Baselines tried their hardest to hide themselves from her nature. They were drawn in to her fire and her passion, or else her philosophy and her thoughtfulness, but they never lasted. All were moths to a flame, driven back or destroyed, and haunted. But Novas had been little better since she left to walk her own path. Borealis had come in with judgements, tried his best to adapt, and failed. Bombshell had been kind, and done her best not to judge, but had not yet tried to grapple with Chang in her entirety. She gave her credit for her talent, but seemed to want little to do with the source of that talent. Sunshine had, until now, been the closest thing to a real conversation.

They were a continuum, she saw. A slope. Those who did not understand, who did not want to, who could but did not yet, and finally those who did.

The chance remained that they were saying what she wanted to hear. Perhaps they were telepaths or empaths or just superb readers of the body and mind through the twitch and play of muscle. Chang had met such people. But whether or not they meant what they said - and she believed they did - they still meant the same thing.

Chang felt a little of the fire go out of Shae's caresses. She shifted and settled back in her chair, relaxing her control a touch. But not a lot. She could see the beauty from all the angles, and had seen the little smiles and the light dancing in her eyes.

There was mischief in that one.

Donald's continued silence still bothered her, but she took it to mean that he had nothing to offer. Maybe he understood the offense he had given, but most likely he was too 'grounded' to appreciate it. She had heard the term many a time, and knew what it really meant. They saw no need for a Nova community, and had no wish to be a part of one. They were baselines with brass knobs on, and nothing more.

Chang leaned forward again, and studied Donald. "I see you've little to say. Well, then, I'll complete my own thought. How can you 'ground' yourself by associating with a people most defined by pride and self-importance? There's more to the human soul, of course, ups and downs and lefts and rights, but at the center of it, there is that kernel of pride. That sense that the world revolves around humanity, and should bend to its will. The sense that birthed gods who told them that the world is theirs to do with as they wish until the end of days."

She smiled. "How can you ground yourself, Donald, by associating with a culture that tries so hard to put its head in the clouds? It's an excuse, nothing more. A lame justification to be less than your eruption allows you to be, to cower in the dust with those who can't even dream of the glory you're capable of. Think of it this way. Baselines love to place Novas on pedastals, yes? Observe Bombshell if you need some evidence," Chang said, gesturing at the skybox screen, where Bombshell at that very moment was stirring the audience to cheer for Chang. She smiled. "Oh, thank you Jason. I'd toast you but I have no more wine." She turned back to Donald. "Baselines love to put us on pedastals. But why should we sit there? Why not just make our own, and sit on those? They'll be grander, and higher, and better than anything they can offer. Because Novas are simply capable of more than baselines. Better yet, why bother with a pedastal at all? Why not face the world as an individual, instead of part of the mass of humanity? Think on it, Donald. Seek me out sometime if you come to any interesting conclusions."

Chang sighed, then. It was her duty to put her beliefs out in words and deed, to face them and be judged, and then to act and prove their virtue. It did seem rather futile at times, though. Regardless, Donald had declined the chance to stand and be counted. He deserved no more of her regard for now.

She turned her focus back to the Quartet, turning her head from Donald to look at a space between all four of them. She would not disrespect them as she had done to Donald, by making them believe she needed her eyes to see them. "In defense of my artistic credentials, as I feel this bust may create a false impression of me in your mind, I would suggest you visit Ibiza sometime. I spent a while there with my mentor, and was the beneficiary of Count Orzais' kindness at a time when I had little money but grand ideas. If you go among the houses of pleasure you'll eventually come to a house of many doors, and behind each door you'll find something... complicated." She gave a smile, thinking about that labour of love. It still seemed like the product of madness, even looking back on it. "The Count was quite impressed. And confused, I think. He said he would have to visit a few times before he made his mind up about it. I turned the entire building, three stories thereof, into a single work of art. It is painting, sculpture, music, tapestry, and song, all under one roof. It is a story and a poem and a message. It is, as you may already have guessed, something I'm deeply proud of.

"The Count owns the building, and I am led to believe it's still there, maintained and untouched. See that, my friends, and you will see why I refer to that bust as a trifle. However, if you would like to experience something closer to home, you'd be best off looking for my last album. To date it's my best musical endeavour, though I have to admit I don't even know if it penetrated to Vancouver. I haven't released an album via a studio in years. You may not get the most out of it without very acute perceptions, though," Chang said, feeling the need to put it all on the line with these four. She cared what they thought of her, and when they judged her art, she wanted them to have the full picture to judge her from.

"I decided to put this unusual voice of mine to work, you see," she said, and used her throat to twine three other sounds around her words, one a bird-like twitter, one an onamatopoeic sound reminiscent of water dripping onto leaves, and the third a sinister laugh. "By which I mean I was doing far more interesting things than that. When recording was done I couldn't speak for several days. It was something of a concept album. There's an ongoing story of a young woman kidnapped in the prologue, tortured in the basement of a castle, leading to her eventual... well, best to listen and make your own mind up about what happens to her. One thing I did, though, was compose songs with two or more vocal tracks. So you have one strand of music with two sets of vocals being sung at the same time in harmony. That wasn't easy, but it's definitely unique." She shook her head, remembering the frustration of those compositions, and her tears at being unable to sing them right.

"But enough of me thumping my ample chest. What brings you four here? Are you contributors, or donaters?" She leaned back in her chair, but stretched her neck forwards. She lengthened her arms and wove them into another flesh tapestry, filling the air with the odd sounds of her flesh creaking, bones softly lengthening. She created a vertical framework on which to rest her chin. Then she flushed her skin with new tattoos, giving her arms texture, image and complication.

For the observant, Chang had shaped her tattoos in such a way as to create the impression of an army of figures climbing up towards an uncertain destination, with slings, rocks, arrows and boiling oil being cast down upon them. Among the climbers there were visible traitors, stabbing their fellows in the back or using them as shields to advance their progress. There were hiding places, too, little nooks and crannies where some of the climbers had paused to rest, in their upward struggle across and over the knots and tangles of her entwined limbs. Most of all, though, the climbers climbed beside each other, helping each other along by closeness and by association. Chang was quite taken aback by her own results, and blinked several times. She could feel something there, something special, even though she had not been thinking or setting out to shape some particular idea.

She stretched her neck forward and around to look it over, then pulled her neck back and rested it atop. "How interesting. Would someone be kind enough to take a few pictures of this? It seems to have turned out rather well, and I have no camera with me. I'll pay for the pictures, if I must."

In fact, she realized, it was a carving on her own flesh, a metaphorical painting of the entire struggle of Teras. Wherever the evening's rare inspiration had come from, she would miss it when it was gone.

Click to reveal..
Rolling WP to push Mega Wits for this roll scoring 1,7,4,8,10,5,4,4 for 4 successes, adding 2 temporary mega dice for the purpose of this one roll.

Rolling arts for her little weaving work, activating Artistic Genius and rolling Wits (5 + 3 mega + 2 temporary mega): 5,9,7,3,2,10,10,10,3,3 for 11 successes added to the arts roll, which is (5 + 5 + 3 mega + 2 temporary mega): 10,7,9,1,7,10,3,1,5,10,10,7,8,2,9 for 16 successes.

Total: 27 successes.

Wits Quality - Creative results in rolling up 7 tens (3 mega) for 6,8,6,7,6,1,10

Total: 5 successes

Rolls up that one 10 again for 1

Grand total: 32 successes

To quote a famous Persian negotiator: This is madness!

I'm officially blaming Shae and Skein for their stroking, and the Quartet in general for this.

Oh, and this is almost exactly twice what she rolled for the bust (16)

In addition, gains 1 taint and spends 8 QP to channel it into 1 point of temporary Chrysalis with Mod approval

"No, this is fairly average for Nova wrestling. it's always had some sort of theatrical quality to it, especially back before novas were around."

He nodded. Now that Jason had effectively put herself on the block, he wondered how high that would go. When he looked it was already over four hundred thousand.

Shae slipped from her living chair to kneel in front of Chang's latticed arms, slipping her OpPhone out of a hidden pocket in her eufiber dress. Unlike her husband, she had no issue with the malleable and useful 'base' eufiber; their constant sparring of it was one of her longstanding amusements with Edward. She traced her fingers ahead of where her OpPhone was taking in a movie of the moving tattoo, her eyes watching each figure with intense interest. She looked less impish, less childish now; certainly more intense. "How beautiful," she murmured quietly.

Where she had given pleasure before, now her curiosity took, molding her own quantum signature to that of Chang's to share in the beauty she saw. She drank in Chang's potential for art, her understanding of the world around her and herself and how to mesh it into something awe inspiring.

Click to reveal..
Taking Artistic Genius, one dot of Arts, and two Mega-Wits through Quantum Imprint.

AG roll:

1d10=1, 1d10=2, 1d10=10, 1d10=10, 1d10=5, 1d10=10, 1d10=9

Last two are megas, same as how WR rolls.

Popping Wits 10's for Creative quality:

1d10=9, 1d10=7

Mega-pop:

1d10=5

9 total successes

Arts roll:

1d10=9, 1d10=3, 1d10=7, 1d10=3, 1d10=3, 1d10=10, 1d10=2, 1d10=5

Mega-Pop:

1d10=7

6 successes there.

Total of 15 successes for Shae's attempt!

Shae is also using a small bit of shapeshift to elongate her arms to match Chang's. This is the first time she's ever shown shapechanging abilities in public.

Patterns and small figures spread along Shae's arms, not nearly as intricate nor smooth moving as Chang's, but a fine first attempt for the young nova. They played along the edges of Chang's minor masterpiece, pretending at interacting, "catching" figures as they "fell" from the living portrait and giving a writhing frame to it all. She glanced coyly up at Chang's face, then away again, her slight blush from earlier deepening to a full flush as she let out a nervous laugh.

Skein smiled as he watched Shae's face light up, his own aura of saturnine amusement fading as he, too, examined the intricacy of Chang's work. The quietly vicious, ethereally beautiful Terat was silent for a long time, his gaze rapt, all cynicism abandoned.

"Beautiful indeed." he finally said in simple admiration, green eyes studying the tattoo patterns. "If you create a permanent image, or sculpture of this, we shall certainly want a copy to display in the Blackburn, if you cannot bear to part with the original. It says all that needs to be said of Teras and those who walk their paths through it."

Chang watched the changes in Shae's manner with rapt interest. The change from purring and relaxation, to interest and surprise, to intensity. It was as if she had seen her in truth for the first time, or glimpsed at a truth often guarded, rarely shown.

Shae had first looked up sharply, her head poking up like a meercat's, to watch as Chang elongated and wove her limbs. With the action complete, though, her eyes slipped from wonder to amazement and through into something altogether different. Hunger, perhaps?

She slid elegantly out of Chang's body, onto her knees in front of her, on the near-invisible carpet of flesh that connected Chang's body to the other four chairs. Shae slipped a phone out from a pocket and turned on its camera, then began to make a video of Chang's new tapestry, her gaze as focused as a laser.

Then something else happened. Something very different.

Shae's arms lengthened, one hand taking the phone with her to get more angles on Chang's work. She grinned, excited now. Chang saw forms appearing on Shae's flesh, mimicking those on Chang as best she could. Patterns too, their lines perfect but some small details missing, as if she could not quite render things at such a minute level.

Her arms began to shape a square, around the complex weave of Chang's limbs, a fleshy frame for this great tapestry. Where Shae's skin touched the edges she put her flesh-figures to work in interaction. Below they moved to catch, at the sides they cheerleaded, as if cheering on those on the many-stranded ladder of Chang's arms. Above, they were reaching down to help the climbers up.

Chang saw another change to Shae's expression. Her blush deepened, and she laughed.

She stared at this newcomer now, focusing on Shae above everything else, on her soft features and deep, playful eyes. This seemed incredible. Impossible. But so much did when Novas were involved.

Nobody had ever met her on her own level. Shae did not want to just watch and admire, she wanted to be part of the wonder. To be it.

It felt like home.

Two terats, both working together to explore themselves and their future. Right here in front of her, Chang saw a metaphor for her own naive hopes when she had heard of Teras. Over time she had grown more isolated, more individual. But she had also grown lonely, cynical and, she realized, fearful.

They were never meant to walk completely alone. They were to stand as equals, side by side, and to help each other climb towards their evolution. So Chang had always believed. She had learned well that she had the strength to walk alone, and she had equally learned how hard it was to do so.

This tapestry she had made... it was her. This image was her belief in Teras, summarized. She could barely believe it. An entire belief system had been boiled down in this image, and shown to everyone in the talent lounge.

And they were watching. Of course they were watching. But did they understand what they were looking at? What did they see?

Chang felt it then. A chance to take something beautiful and take it to a new level. With Shae's assistance, she could make this more. But it would not do as it stood. Enthusiastic or not, Shae could not manage the quality of figures Chang could. She was exceptional, yes, but not quite good enough to render the fine details.

"Beautiful indeed." Skein said, his tone rendered bear of poise or pose. Those incredible eyes flashed over her now, and he studied her intently. "If you create a permanent image, or sculpture of this, we shall certainly want a copy to display in the Blackburn, if you cannot bear to part with the original. It says all that needs to be said of Teras and those who walk their paths through it."

She did not answer. He did not understand. He could not grasp how close she was to making this perfect. But Chang could. All it needed was... a little dedication. A little application.

"Shae," Chang said. "Give your phone to someone else, and do as I say."

Shae looked up at her, fluttering her eyelashes. She stretched her arm over to Saori and dropped the OpPhone in her hand. "I'm all yours." She wiggled her eyebrows. "Use me."

"No. That's not what this is. You'll see. Stretch your arms to form a complete square. That's it. Erase the patterns, turn them black, like stone. Volcanic if you can. Obsidian, yes, that's right. Vein it. Just under my chin." She rested her chin on the new, stone frame which extended fom Shae's elbows. "Now, on the bottom part of the frame, recreate your 'catchers'. Plane off the details. No, you're trying too hard. Go for broad strokes, make sure the poses are different."

Shae's eyes narrowed and widened as she obeyed, her focus seemed absolute. Gone was the playful, kittenish figure from before. If she felt criticized by Chang's words, she showed no sign. They were working together. As one. Or they would be once Chang was done.

She could see a lack of experience at work here. Chang had been trying to mimic what she saw more than input herself. With Chang now giving instructions she stumbled just a little, but resurged every time, absorbing every word and acting on it instantly. For now, that would do.

"That's good. The fifth figure from the right has its proportions wrong. Shorten the right arm by a milimeter, extend the left leg by a centimeter. Center of balance isn't right either. Bend the knees, angle back, like one of those footballers running for a catch. Excellent. Now creep him two centimeters to the right. See? He's right underneath that figure who's about to fall."

"I see," Shae said.

"Put in a flourish or two of your own. Now, up the sides, form new figures. Depict them as outgrowths of the stone. Watchers, cheerleaders. They are giving inspiration to the climbers, and where close enough, they are holding a strand in place. But not helping the climbers climb. They only hold the strand still, and clear, so the climber has the best chance to climb unaided."

She could see enthusiasm, raw excitement, growing in Shae moment by moment. Did she see the vision growing? Did she feel where this was leading? Chang could not say. But she was willing, and able, and so Chang would make a beautiful thing into something of true art.

Oh, she had called the bust a trifle. Anyone who heard must have thought her arrogant, or presumptuous, or egotistic. She would show them here and now what she meant. They would leave this place knowing the truth of her words. For Chang Zha-Yang had denied herself the luxury of lies, and so she likewise offered their comfort to nobody.

"At the top, they're hanging down. They're not reaching. They're offering their bodies like ladders. They offer themselves, but they do not pull the climbers up. They let themselves be used so the climbers can make better progress. Does that make sense?"

Shae nodded, and remolded the upper part of the frame she had formed her arms into. "Now what? Even kneeling I think my head might be in the way."

"You'll fix that," Chang said nonchalantly. She stretched her neck, ignoring the others around them, Shae's spouses, even Saori who was trying to record the creation from every angle. She looked over every one of Shae's figures, corrected a couple of proportions, for she could see even the slightest errors, even on figures just a centimeter high or even less in some places. On larger ones it was easier still, and more important to correct them, for the errors would be obvious there.

"And now, Shae," Chang said, in all four of her voices, woven into harmony, "I need to complete this. My body detracts."

So saying, she flooded herself with quantum, and felt her flesh grow soft and malleable beyond words. It became fluid, a servant to her will.

With a great creak and groan, Chang's chair-body compressed inwards. She left the Quartet's chairs, but she had no need of one for herself.

Her rope-wrap legs split, broadened, and formed a stepped pyramid base of black rock, veined with white; with hundreds of extra figures formed out of it. They sat upon the stairs, some in poses of thought, some in defeat, surrendering to their fellows who stood over them in frozen, violent action. They did not look up at the tapestry above, for they represented the Novas who ignored Teras, who believed their future belonged elsewhere. Some seemed proud and strong. Some seemed cocky, self-assured. Some seemed lost, and mad, and desperate. One was a perfect simulacrum of Donald, writ small. Another was Bombshell, likewise.

Chang's body sucked in, flattening, forming a backboard of sorts, to complete the frame formed of Shae's own lengthened limbs.

Her beautiful, soft-featured face twisted, bent, and slowly turned sideways before splitting into a flawless figure eight, an infinity symbol atop the tapestry of arms. Inside the little circle of infinity, a handful of figures could be seen. But they did not look relieved, or victorious. Rather, they looked up, hands upon their hips, seeking heights above even those they had achieved. The mass of her raven hair, no longer needed to impersonate clothes for a body, fell down around the ensemble like velvet curtains, dotted with points of light reminiscent of stars. Through some trick of perspective, Chang had made it so her hair seemed to have depth, and the pattern of stars preyed on the mind. A careful observer, bothered at first, would see that the stars were patterned like a whirlpool. So it was that now the climbers climbed towards and against a background of eternity.

"Now," she said, her voice emanating from no obvious location, "you must complete this. I have told you what to do, Shae. But that is wrong. You know what this is. You must know what it is. For it to be real, you must follow your own guidance. This is not me. This is us."

She waited a moment, perfected her every line and angle, ensured her pyramid base was solid. Then she spoke, her four voices turning into a pure, inhuman musical whisper, "Complete us."

Edward, like the rest of the room, had grown completely quiet. Slowly people began to form a circle around Chang and Shae, watching as the two nova transitioned themselves slowly into a single, intricate work of art. Almost everyone present began pulling out OpPhones, snapping pictures in a vain attempt to capture the stunning creativity of the two Terats. Silently, Edward pulled out his phone as well. Except instead of wasting his time with amateur photography skills and the simple digital camera his attached to his phone, he pressed his thumbs to the screen and began to tap out a quick, if lengthy, text.

Find out who is photographing the VCCE event. Determine which of the photographers present has the most artistic talent and/or training, and inform them that they will be paid, in the form of an immediate wire transfer, the sum of $500k if they make their way immediately to the Talent Lounge. There, they will take a picture that they will receive artistic credit for taking, but will not be allowed to reproduce for anyone other than myself or the subjects of the photograph. Instruct him to give my name to the doorman. Make it happen fifteen minutes ago.

He pressed the send button then, and clipped it shut, then stepped over to the door. He opened it and murmured quietly to the guard, his voice smooth and muted so that only he would hear.

"Let no one else into this room except for a photographer asking for Edward Mansfield or the organizers of this event until I tell you otherwise. There is a piece of art being created as we speak. This is of the utmost importance. You will be compensated for your discretion, do you understand?"

Click to reveal..
Bowling over the poor doorman with Edward's M-Manip.

For several long minutes, Shae said nothing and moved not one centimeter. Her spouses could feel her thinking, though the thoughts themselves were murky and as much feelings as coherent thoughts. She shifted her perceptions, tasting and hearing and feeling and seeing and smelling every nuance of what Chang had created so far; there was nothing to add to the "painting" or the "sculpture" that it rested on. Another figure would be simply one too many, another texture would simply detract. Besides, that was not how Shae fit in the world. She was not the foundation, nor the focus; she was not the pennacle or the backdrop. She gave support and inspiration; she was luster and dreams.

And so she was. She felt her form slip, freeing itself for the first time completely from its human shape. To everyone else, Shae seemed to fade and slip away, leaving only the frame she had formed her arms into as a clue that she was still there at all.

Subtly, though, the entire work began to change. Small nuances gave life-like details to each and every figure, "painted" or "sculpted". Nearly every nova that Shae had ever come in contact with or come across when learning about the world on her OpBook took form from the hundreds of figures shown. Each figure, whether a true person or not, became real in the eyes of the beholder. They had personality, a life before and after this captured moment. Each demanded to be seen, to be studied and loved and hated and feared and worshiped and envied and known before the viewer was allowed to move on to the next godling that demanded their attention.

To view this masterpiece was akin to worship; to touch it, should any dare, would be to know it as Shae did, as she shared with White Rain: a sight of perfection, a rush of exultation, the caress of the perfect lover, a symphony pure and dark and wondrous.

Where two novas had been, now there was only Art.

Click to reveal..
Shae is essentially infusing the artwork with Persona, Copycat, Lure, Look of Love, Seductive Looks, and Symphony of Touch. She's using Synergy to work in closer harmony with White Rain, and shapeshift to be a frame and a sort of clear "glaze" on the rest of the work so that her q-signature can be lent to it (ie, so the enhancements apply to it). This is just fluff and fun, so treat it as such. smile

The uncanny events in the Talent Lounge going unnoticed to the Event at large, Jason congratulated the winner of the auction for a part on her show. "... for Paul Bronson, with a final bid of seven hundred, seventy-seven thousand dollars." The amazonian bombshell trilled with wry laughter. "Bet you never believed you'd spend a fortune for the chance at working for four grueling days, eh, Paul? We'll see you soon on set for the new season and the people of the Crush thank-you."

On the OLED screens, the clips from Valkyrie faded away, as did the music, to be replaced by abstract images of... something, and a jouncy-bouncy tune cuing up in synch. Through a miniscule earpiece, Jason listen to the description of the next act in head-shaking disbelief, as the Combat Zone shifted configuration in response to pre-programed instructions provided by Sakurako.

"You people are freaks," Jason accused the crowd with a contagious laugh. "Next up, we have Bounce, Bounce, Revolution! A battle royale taking place on an enclose field of springboards and our participants riding on combat-pogos! Combat-pogos? Really? Who writes this stuff - who comes up with it? Taking part in this madness, we have Hindenburg from the Red Circle, vying against five stars from the Silver Circle, Lady..."

Seven and a half minutes later, the photographer Edward had enticed bustled into the Talent Lounge, waving away the protesting security guard. She had a tight expression on her cute, vulpine face as she nodded with exaggerated patience when the guard pointed towards Edward, as if she couldn't very well see what she was hired to photograph.

The photographer strode straight up to Edward, her stride brisk, her features schooled to professional smirk that revealed little of what she thought of the truly unique display of the pair of Novas conjoined to form Art. She was a tiny woman, under five feet tall, with pale skin, mismatched eyes, and rainbow hued hair fashioned into a feminine, spiky do. She was attractive, cute, in a human fashion, her smooth, mobile features belonging to a woman who could have been anywhere from twenty to forty. Over her shoulder, she had a high-end, UHD Digital camera capable of both photos and full film in astonishing clarity.

"I'm Skittles, and I'm who you want," she told Edward brusquely, barely sparring him a look - her eyes widening a sliver at Tomas' viper gaze - before focusing on the vision of nova artistic endeavor. She took in the scene with depthless, penetrating blue eyes, her face schooled to an impenetrable regard. After a full minute, there was a minute slump to her shoulder and she turned to face Edward again.

"I can take your money, but I'll tell you right now, any photo or film I take of this will be a very poor representation. The visual aspect of... them is but a single portion of the whole and to anyone having experienced the whole, any photo or film I take will be found... lacking." A slender lip curled. "And anyone who claims otherwise is a liar." A slight shoulder shrugged slightly. "I'll go through the motions if you insist."

If Skittles was a mere baseline, she was a remarkably self-possessed one, cool and composed in a room full of Novas, wondrous and terrible, in the presence of an ineffable piece of living, quantum-forged art.

Jadzia observed the growing, monumental piece of living flesh and philosophy, and admired its angles, the impossibilities of its existence and the meaning behind it. Carefully enraptured by its uncanny truths and the veiled ones hidden even deeper in the combined piece, she decided to add her own mark in this place, the impossibility of science matching the improbability of form.

Under her breath she murmured, eyes closed as in her mind the area's form turned to abstract angles, existence faded into calculations and dimensional science. She reached out a hand, her fingers enforcing the mental shapes she sought to impress.

The area in which Chang and Shae had merged to enfold their living work of art became lighter, they would feel their forms no longer burdened by gravity, momentum or the ignoble limitations of physics.

"Unburdened by form, limitless imagination, and the vagaries of common physics. This should be good." She grinned like a fox.

Click to reveal..
Jadzia's using Gravity Control [Gravitonic Field] to reduce the gravity in the area directly at and surrounding Shae and Chang. In order to make sure that they are not rotating or having difficulties moving, she is using Kinetic Control to minimize the effects of action-reaction. Basically, go wild since physics don't count for half what it used to.

Archived