Aberrant RPG - New to the site

Neurosis

Hey there. Yeah, it's another n00b.

Actually, I'm not really ready to play just yet, as I have yet to hunt down an Aberrant book. I think I have found one nearby, but I haven't made the trip yet.

Anyway, I actually haven't been much for RPGs since Vampire (the only RPG I've played) was radically changed recently. And I haven't been into superheroes for awhile either.

But recently I picked up a copy of X-Force/X-Statix, the satirical take on media overexposure via mutant lens done by Milligan and Allred. I read somewhere the world in Aberrant is pretty familiar to the way things are portrayed in Aberrant, so I thought I would try my luck here.

So until I can pick up a copy of the core book, I'll wait patiently until then to make a character. And hopefully there will be a Aberrant game going on then. Should give me time to peek around the forums and learn a thing or too.

Thanks for the help, Alchemist. I'll look into it.

Thanks for the welcome, Jager. There really isn't anything you can do for me yet. Just thought I'd introduce myself and announce that I would be joinin' soon.

Might be gettin' the core book either today or tomorrow.

Yay. I picked up the Aberrant core book today. Unfortunately, they only had the d20 version, not the old d10 one.

Now, after I pick a character concept and flesh out a nova, I should be ready...

EDIT: Friend is bringing d10 over for me to borrow for awhile. Might convince him to let me buy it off him for cheap. Discovered the Chat as well. Things are progressing nicely. laugh

Here:

(FAQ, listed on the sidebar) http://www.nprime.net/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=faq&r=nfx

Here:

(FAQ & in character posting rules, stickied to the top of the OpNet 2015 board)

http://www.nprime.net/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000299;p=0&r=nfx

And other forums have similarly stickied threads with rules, dos and donts, and the like. Most of it is common courtesy.

I've always found the best thing to do is crete the entire concept first, typically by writing a complete Public Faces entry. Character sheets are handy but not required. After that, I just jump in and get involved, typically via the OpNet section of the board. However, a solo piece in the Fiction section can be a nice way to introduce your character, albeit on an out of character basis.

Otherwise, welcome! smile

Archived