[M&M 2e - ROD] - Episode 1: The Big Box

Lady Aceworth

The last guard still able to fight steps back, his only escape route cut off by Ryu on one side, and the rest of the team at the other. "DAMMIT YOU SON OF A TEST TUBE!" He shouts, as another guard on the roof of the platform lights the VTOL with a target laser before the guard down below activates the underslung airburst fragmentation grenade and fires it over the heads of those on the platform still. (Dash, Ren, Miss S, and Yoshi.)

Click to reveal.. (ENEMY ATTACK)
G#7 - *rolls* 1d20: 5+12: 17

VTOL SAVE: *rolls* 1d20: 15+6: 21

The VTOL's engines flare up and Ren gets out of the way as the rotor blades smash through the engine housings, breaching the fueltanks causing the VTOL to leak it's fuel on the landing pad.

Miss S Looks at the man on the top of the platform and fires her railgun.

Click to reveal.. (MISS S ATTACK)
*rolls* 1d20: 20+10: 30

The force of the shot was so powerful that it sends him overboard, well, all the pieces of him overboard.

Click to reveal.. (ENEMY CONDITION)
G#1 - Staggered, Disabled

G#2 - Ryu's target - Bruised, Injured

G#3 - TANGO DOWN

G#4 - Bruised, Injured

G#5 - TANGO DOWN

G#6 - TANGO DOWN

G#7 - INTIMIDATED

G#8 - TANGO DOWN

G#9 - TANGO DOWN

Everyone in combat gets 1 hero point for dealing with the Designator.

Yoshi rolls out of the stricken VTOL and hides behind cover.

Click to reveal..
3 TURNS

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryu swings out wildly, enraged, somehow the guard manages to remember his training and sucessfully pushes back before forgetting there's claws outstretched. More of his armor is ripped away and there's now visible blood trickling from some of the openings in the armor.

G#2 - Ryu's target - Bruised+2, Injured+2

G#3 - TANGO DOWN

G#4 - Bruised, Injured

G#5 - TANGO DOWN

G#6 - TANGO DOWN

G#7 - INTIMIDATED

G#8 - TANGO DOWN

G#9 - TANGO DOWN

Dash muttered annoyed, "There goes our immediate ride." He pumped further fire into the remaining foes, intent on putting them out for good.

Click to reveal..

Both injured blokes: one after the other, since I'm spending Extra Effort and a hero point to surge without fatigue.

Master Marksman-> Blast 10

Jeremy *rolls* 1d20: 5+12: 17

Jeremy *rolls* 1d20: 16+12: 28

The first guard's armor somehow manages to catch some of Dash's bullets, but he hits one of the walls, and is rocked by the gunfire. The second is surgically put down in a hail of bullets.

G#3 - TANGO DOWN

G#4 - Stunned, Bruised+2, Injured+2

G#5 - TANGO DOWN

G#6 - TANGO DOWN

G#7 - TANGO DOWN

G#8 - TANGO DOWN

G#9 - TANGO DOWN

Ren drops to one knee and parks a shot in the stunned guard's head, sending him to his maker cleanly. Miss S, decides to sling her railgun over her shoulder and pull out her pistol and starts running down to the platform where Long is. Yoshi follows suit in lock step.

G#3 - TANGO DOWN

G#4 - TANGO DOWN

G#5 - TANGO DOWN

G#6 - TANGO DOWN

G#7 - TANGO DOWN

G#8 - TANGO DOWN

G#9 - TANGO DOWN

Click to reveal.. (YOSHI'S COUNTDOWN)
2 TURNS

Ryu had enough. This insect has vexed him for the last time and he swings in an uppercut, his claws move upward between his legs, and upward through his body, practically ripping the poor soul in half.

G#2 - TANGO DOWN!

G#3 - TANGO DOWN

G#4 - TANGO DOWN

G#5 - TANGO DOWN

G#6 - TANGO DOWN

G#7 - TANGO DOWN

G#8 - TANGO DOWN

G#9 - TANGO DOWN

Click to reveal.. (YOSHI'S COUNTDOWN)
Countdown Stopped.

Dash observed that the foes were about done- not quite, he realized as one remained, albeit nearly finished. Striding down the platform ramp, he slung the assault rifle- no wasting ammo, and decided not to kill this man.

We need information after all... "Hold fire on the last one... he needs to talk." Breaking into a quick rush, he came over to the wheezing goon and observed him coldly.

"Painful, ain't it? I suggest you make it easier and tell me who sent you here."

Click to reveal..

Mistah Dash is gonna Intimidate.

Jeremy *rolls* 1d20: 3+8: 11

[Jeremy] 8:18 pm: ok, next HP

Jeremy *rolls* 1d20: 14+8: 22

Intimidate check: 22, No HPs left.

"YaaaAAARGH... I... I was sent... by by... Yaaarrgh..."

The pain from his injuries is great, after all, almost being mauled to death does that.

"He sent us here, to take care of... YAAAAGH you guys."

He grabs Dash by the shoulder. "You would... understand the meaning... of revenge, would you not, adopted of John, nephew of Joseph."

HE laughs as best he can. "I can see the Carpenter taint is in you as it is in them all... Ikyu... hrrgh... should have exterminated the lot... of you vermin."

He tries to breath, but it is obvious the injuries he has can only be helped in an ICU... or the next life.

"But... Nikola... He sees potential... just not in you... or those that Saegara... and that white-haired... charity case... call allies."

Before his last, he clenches himself violently. "Damn your eyes, and damn... The... Pa...."

His eyes roll into his head before he slips to the beyond.

For a long moment, Dash watched, body moving minutely, until it became apparent to all that he was trembling with rage. In a swift movement, he lifted up the body of the dead man and snarled at him. "You want to call my legacy taint? I got nothing from Joseph. But you are lucky to be already dead saying that about Johnny!"

Before anyone could stop him, he dumped the corpse into the water, letting it sink. He knew what every bit of those words meant. "Very well, Nikola. If you and the I-Jin are still around... I'll put you on my personal hit list. There are only two others on that list... you should be ready."

The Paper... dammit, Readman. Stop sitting on your feminine ass watching us and give us a damn hand here!

Dash pulled out a pistol, and as if he'd said nothing heading off for the main platform. His eyes were intently ahead.

Dash hears what sounds like an electrical hum, like a sparking, short circuit for a moment before a insect like buzz can be heard by everyone and a bright blue light is seen. There's a thud between Ryu and Dash and what comes out of the light is Sakurako.

"Umm... uh..." Sakurako stammers as she staggers back. "More blood... noo... put it back put it back..."

She starts rocking back and forth after falling down, with her hands on her head. "I just wanted to see if Miss S was alright... No more blood please..."

Not knowing any better she put her survival suit she was wearing when she was rescued back on at HQ before she seemingly teleported.

"W... wait... you guys got... the savages didn't you? Oooh... god something worse is ahead. I saw it..." She holds herself, even with the suit on she feels cold. "You... gotta be careful. Careful..."

Long snarled, and then practically roared. "GODDAMMIT SAKURAKO I SAID TO STAY AT THE TOWER!!!"

His claws retracted and he shook with waning bloodlust and building annoyance. She could never stay away, she'd always done this.

At a lower volume, and lessened intensity, he smoldered. "I can bring you back, it justs costs more time. You're getting to be a handful."

Miss S sticks something into Sakurako's neck. It looks like the power clip from her rail rifle. It looks like Sakurako got tazed but then she looks more focussed, awake.

"Ryu... I can handle this. Sakurako."

Sakurako looks almost normal in demeanor. "Yes? I know... I disobeyed a direct order, I'm sorry... But I needed to know if everyone was alright, there was something I forgot to tell everyone. There's something far worse here than just these... mongrels."

She walks over to Ryu. "There won't be a need for you to take me back. I'll return. Just hear me out for a moment." She says, placing her hand on Ryu's chest.

"What's waiting for you in the main platform ahead is going to put you to the test. It was big... like a tank. And it was angry... I only saw it for a glimpse before I ran for the lifeboat station, but my god... I never thought..."

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't allow myself to get in that state."

She bows, before starting to glow. "And Dash..." She says before tossing a paper crane to Dash. "Don't open that... until you need to hail a cab. Just a message from a mutual friend."

She giggles and smiles. "Ryu... why so serious?"

Before he could say anything to her she leaves.

Miss S sighs. "Damn girl. She's gonna be the death of me. She sucked my rifle's powercell dry too."

She tosses her rifle over the side. "Oh well, gotta pull out the heavy artillery it sounds, no? But first we gotta check this sub platform ahead and get some information about what happened at the main platform."

She straightens out her suit. "That and we're going to have to figure out a way home, the VTOL's shot... poor thing."

"I can handle it, for a short hop." He sighed and watched his sister. "Stay safe."

He looked to Miss S. "There's weapons all around from the guards we killed." To emphasize his point he picked up the gun from the man he'd killed and found the clips. "Here. Should hold you for now."

"Thanks... although I wasn't quick to grab one for a reason." Miss S says, picking up the rifle handed to her and she opens the part where the hand goes. "These are biometrically secured. They will not fire without the proper unlocking mechanism. Seeing that the fingertips of the gloves on the guards tells me that fingerprints are the unlocking factor." She says tossing the rifle away. "These are useless."

She looks around and looks up. "Although I have a few talents of my own I can put to use. I just don't like using them around other people... I... control radiation."

Click to reveal.. (UNPAUSED)
Okay, shop's open for biz again!

Dash pocketed the paper crane, still upset at that certain someone, but willing to give her a bye for now. "Assuming this is from who I think it is, and I got the words right... we'll have our way out. Meantime, I'm taking point."

Without wasting time, he prepped his pistol and then took the lead.

"I would be careful trusting Yomiko... trouble always seems to follow her when she shows up. Particularly lately. Then again, this isn't her style... What if..."

Miss S scratches her chin. "Sounds more like the other girls... but no matter, we'd better move on none the less. We'll have to play this by ear from here out."

“Relying on one of our own is better then hoping a cryptic message is right so I will bet on long, but hey if some women turn up I could live with that too.”

His rifle had disappeared and was replaced now with a pistol. He waited for the others to start moving before falling in behind and covering their rear.

"In most cases, Ren, relying on ourselves would be recommended, in this case though, while who sent the message isn't known, I do know the who and the why. So while there may be trouble, it's also probably related to whatever is going on here."

She straightens out her suit, after the last fight things got misalligned a bit. "I trust them, hell, I owe one of them my life. I just don't like what swirls around their lives."

"That can be said of all of us, and you know it."

"Some more than others, sure, but none of us are strangers to the weird, strange, and inhuman." The suit strained against his muscular form, and he sighed. "Lead the way."

As the team walks into the first sub-platform, it looks like a warehouse. A very large one with crates stacked to various heights around the place. There are gantrys and catwalks looking down on the warehouse floor, and there is bodies everywhere.

It seems the crew on board the platform tried to put up a valiant effort defending the platform but they were crushed.

Smashed crates lie everywhere and there's no sign of why.

Click to reveal..
I need everyone to make a Notice check for me.

Miss S looks around at some of the battle scars on a wall nearby.

Click to reveal..
If you wish, make a Knowledge: Science, Technology, or Physical Sciences check.

Click to reveal.. (What Dash Sees)
What you spot is clean bore holes through a good number of the boxes in the warehouse. Well, the boxes that are still intact. There's wood shards everywhere and several of the dead bodies look like M-80 firecrackers were stuffed in various parts of their body and lit off. It looks like an abbatoir in here, and they were the cattle.

Things seem to be at an angle... but you'll need more eyes.

Click to reveal.. (What Ren Deduced)
Ren spots that some of the angles of the shots radiate from one point in the room. In fact it's possible to trace the path of whatever shot the shots with enough time and effort. Or perhaps with the assistance of another set of eyes.

You also notice the damage to whatever flesh is left suggests electrocution

Click to reveal.. (What Long sees)
When Ryu looks about, searching for what could have smashed things to bits, he notices a pattern. Each shot seemed to focus on one person then after the person was killed it focussed on the next, like it was on a fixed turret.

"Autogun, or a Stein unit.." He snarled. His distaste was quite obvious."Somebody's got access to some cutting edge tech."

He drew back from the bodies, and the smell coming from them. He stood at a point. "Whatever it was, it stood here to do it.. and didn't move. What's more, the rounds were distinctly anti-personnel. neat little bullet holes in the boxes, huge wounds on the bodies."

Click to reveal..
Wyrd *rolls* 1d20: 20+5: 25
Initiative roll for John, who should be joining in sometime in the next battle. I'll post the character profile and introduce him once he shows up in game

Click to reveal.. (Rolling Ren's Initiative)
Miss S *rolls* 1d20: 18+4: 22

Miss S looks about the faciltiy. "So guys... anyone find anything of interest here? I'm getting the willies all of a sudden."

Click to reveal.. (Initiative Order)
Long
Wyrd
Ren
Dash
Enemy NPC
Miss S
Friendly NPCs

As Miss S says this, a bipedal drone comes out of what looks like invisibility, and starts shining a tracking laser around the warehouse.

Click to reveal..
Gather Information or Sense Motive checks, +2 if you had a 15 or better on the Gather Info/Notice/Knowledge checks I had you guys make last week.

Long sees the drone and moves into action.

Click to reveal..
GI/SM check Long6 *rolls* 1d20: 3+9: 12

not wanting a repeat of the last room, he lashes out with his claws again, hoping to take the machine down before it could cut them down.

Click to reveal..
attack +10

Long6 *rolls* 1d20: 7+10: 17

Damage DC 25 penetrating, lethal

Click to reveal..
Miss S *rolls* 1d20: 2+10: 12
The Drone staggers back as for a second what looks like a snap of electrical power emits from it's armor. It regains it's stability as it locks on to Long, it's tracking laser now pointing at his chest.
Click to reveal..
Everyone earns 1 Hero point

A voice yells from the top of a nearby building, "Everybody get down! That thing cant move while it has it's weapons locked!"

Everyone then hears a soft *thump* and sees a small, familiar shape heading towards the top of the mech. A shape exactly like the one that took out your VTOL.

Click to reveal..
Wyrd *rolls* 1d20: 4+10: 14

damage--whatever their grenades do.

Archived