Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 10b: How did I get here?

Justin OOC

"It's perfectly safe."

There was a series of warning lights flashing. "Ayato just lanced Tsunami again, Captain Nagare and Gai have been knocked out of the blast range.

"captain we have a clear firing sollution."

Klan grinned. "All Ships FIRE!!!!

The remaining ships of the Satoshi fleet fired as one, disgorging enough firepower to knock a planet from orbit, The hellish wash landing all across Ayato knocking him back and obscuring him from view completely amidst thousands of explosions.

"INCOMING!!" the arning was all the got before a lance of crimson light struck the Macross, coring through a section of her and into the Avalon cruiser below her."

"Damage report!"

"Direct hit to our fold generators, reflex power is offline. We're sitting ducks." The ship bucked hard, sending crew sprawling as the 800 thousand ton avalon class heavy cruiser died in a nuclear explosion, debris, both of the ship and the crew floating past the observation window.

"Scramble all available mecha to search for survivors, have the undamaged ships move away and jump to point Alpha-three!" The red alert sounded, and Klan turned to Hideko. "I need you to go to engineering, and see if you can help them there. There's bound to be wounded trapped in the wreckage."

Hideko nods "Right!" She scans a nearby computer for directions.

"Done. I'll be done there in two seconds"

With that Hideko takes off follows the directions she downloaded

"Guess going home and getting my body back to normal's gonna have to wait...."

the trip was quick enough, but the carnage greeting her was astounding. Emergency bulkheads were in place, but there were still people trapped within, and beneath the rubble.

the other ships disgorged their mecha, and began moving away, leaving the macross.

Hideko lands and examines the area. The place looks in bad shape. And people need rescuing.

"First I need to break the wreckage and get these folks out. Then I'll deal with the ones behind this door"

She holds out her hand

"Appear and slice my foes. Divine Arm, Symphonia Fang!"

And this point, what looks like a energy sword appears in her right hand.

She walks to the first person she sees pinned down.

"Hold on one second and don't move."

She slices the wreckage and help the person get to medical attention then repeats to process on the next person.

Hideko assists in moving the survivors out of the area. When the area is cleared she walks over to the bulk head. SHe puts her hands to it for a moment.

"Hmm. Guess I'm going to have to get through the old fashion way"

She tries to pry the bulkhead open with her sword

"Damn. Klan's people knew what they were doing when they put this thing together. Was hoping to keep property damage to a minimum but...."

She takes a stance but then notices the computer console

"Huh? Guess I don't have to break it."

She walks over to the computer and accesses the controls.

with things in emergency mode, thr bulkhead opened after the correct command was given. the air rushed out, thankfully the medics had been paying attention and they made their way inside to see to the wounded, but they'd need help to get them out.

It was through the gaping hole that Hideko saw it. The Female giant, the Goddess Tsunami was hidden from view, as the Male, Ayato moved towards the stricken Macross. "Insects, I will destroy you by hand for your affront to my honor."

The massive hand raised up, and a crimson light began to pool on it. there would be no avoiding this, and everything would be destroyed this time.

Through it all there was a bluewhite haze, and she read power from everywhere, even herself, that she had never sensed before. It was the power of belief, of faith, of hope.

Hideko pauses for a moment

"Oh NO! I've had a bad day as it is. I didn't get my body changed back to normal, got flung across the multiverse and now some jack ass I've never even heard of wants to blow this ship and everyone on because someones bruised his ego! Mr. You've just made my List."

She movers her hands onto her sword's hilt

"Change and rain down the my wrath upon our foes. Divine Arm, Eternal Ray!"

Her sword transforms into a large gun like device. She takes aim directly at one of Ayato's eyes

"*insert Incantation that I will come up with later* GRAND LIGHTNING! ERADICATE!"

She fires a blast for her hand before charging up her next attack, a ring of energy builds up behind her.

"Moonlight Sonata...ENGAGE!"

For her gun a massive white blast is fired from the barrel aimed at the opposite eye of Ayato.

Abyss Phantasia *rolls* 2d6: 5+6+20: 31

Abyss Phantasia *rolls* 2d6: 4+4+20: 28

It shouldn't have mattered to a being like Ayato, but the spell coming out of the dead in space starship suprised him. Enough that his hand lowered, a second, and his silver face was obscured from view.

What wasn't obscured from view was the brilliant blue blade that extended from his chest. She could hear a voice, they all could hear a voice.

"NO More." Tsunami's righteous voice rang out across the entire system, bringing a smile to the faces of those who fought for her.

Ayato looked back and shook his head. You.. Think.. I.. was.. the last... Card.. to play?" The former Satoshi Lieutenant began to break apart, disolving away into a cloud of silver dust, then nothing, leaving Hideko face to Face with the Goddess of Dalaraan.

A face as large as the ship came to rest where it could see into the hole where Hideko had shot from. "Thank you." The goddess Smiled upon Hideko, knowing that without her act of defiance, none of them would have lived.

Tsunami nodded and moved away. "You will do well and I promise you, You will be returned home when the time comes." The elder Goddess moved back towards the moon, where the ships had warred, and seemed to be preparing for something.

Hideko smiles and flies off to rescue the remaining people. She's in a rather good mood. Maybe it was because she got all that pent up stress released by shooting a god in his eye. That or being thanked by another god for her actions today.

For Hideko, the instant was surreal as she felt herself cease to exist, and heard the booming golden voice, and then she felt the wellspring of her own mana, of her very soul, as it solidified reality around her. The ship was damaged still but her desire to save others brought them back unharmed, and out of jeopardy.

Hideko stops after she gets to last person to safety. It felt like she was simply blinked out of existence for a moment and she suddenly forced herself back.

She closes the bulkhead back up and returns to the bridge to see what just happened.

Klan looked to Hideko, and in a quick movement, the deceptively young looking captain hugged her. She was suprisingly strong, and released her. "Thanks for saving us. I saw you blast Ayato from here. You saved our people and the ship."

"The repair Crews are still going over it, but it looks like our ability to go home is going to be nil for a time. "We lost one of our ships, and half our drone mecha. All our Officers have checked in, so We came out light and ahead. The Dalaraan forces though, they suffered heavily. Between fighting us, Tsunami, and then getting in Ayato's way, the Republic fleet is down to a handful of third generation or less ships. Nothing that can put up a fight. The lunar station is in shambles,and their defense grid is nonexistant. If the Federation were to show now, we'd be extremely hard pressed to fend them off."

There was an alert of an incoming hail. It was Francis from the ground team. Klan looked to the Admiral. "I'm going planetside Admiral. Please maintain defensive formation."

"Aye, Captain."

Klan looked to Hideko. "You coming along? If you do you'll get to meet everyone else. I'm sure they'lll want to thank you for saving the fleet."

The trip back to the bay was fast, and Hideko was placed inside a heat resistant drop-pod that Klan carried in her battle-armor's hand. The trip to the surface was fast, and a tad warm.

Once there and disembarked, The pair made their way inside.

(continued int Heritage)

Archived