Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 10b: How did I get here?

Justin OOC

From the moment the expiriment began, Hideko had felt odd. They're were trying to return her to her original form. At this they would fail in the extreme. Light of every color enveloped her, as the sensation of being tossed through reality gripped her. It was as if everything fell away, then came back, assaulting her senses all at once.

Her surroundings were strange. It was a room of metal like one would find in a ship, with a spartan bed, and small dressing table. It was decidedly not the laboratory where she'd been before, and no one else was around.

A cursory evaluation showed to Hideko's dismay that she was still as "She."

Looking around the room, there was a picture of a small blue haired girl, no more than twelve, with a group of older looking pilots, all standing in front of what could only be the foot of a mech.

After a few moments she heard footsteps in the hall.

Hideko sighs upon discovering the experiment did not work. "Well my day was a waste. Guess I'm stuck this way for the foreseeable future."

She then examines to room to try to figure out where she is

"This doesn't look like I'm in the Satoshi Tower's Labs or anything. Hmmm. No computer. Guess I'll have to figure out where I am the old fashion way."

She hears the footsteps and ducks out of the line of sight

The door opened, and the Blue Haired girl from the picture entered. "I hate this, I really hate this."

Only then did her ears shift, and Hideko could see the slight points on them.

The young-looking girl turned around, her eyes taking on the look of a warrior. "Alright, I don't know who you are, or how you got into my room, but you had better have a DAMN good reason for invading the quarters of a Satoshi Captain."

She wasn't looking at her, since she couldn't see her, but she was obviously more than a child.

Hideko wonders for a moment how'd she see her. When the words Satoshi were said she breathes a sigh of relief. Least I know I'm still on home turf.

"Wait? This is a Satoshi building? Thank god. I don't even know what the hell I am doing here, let alone who's room this was. One moment I'm down in the Labs at the Tower, with a experiment being done to make me normal again and boom, big display of colors I and I popped into this room."

She said scratching her head getting up from her spot as she talked.

Hideko looks dumbstruck. "Flag..ship. You mean to tell me I'm on a spaceship of somekind?"

She then looks at the girl

"Oh sorry. My name for the time being is Hideko. Ozu Hideko. I'm a employee here at Satoshi ever since my accident."

Klan nodded. "I am Captain Klan Klang, commanding officer of Crisis Response Team Nine. You are on a spaceship yes."

She looked at her and then shook her head. "You must not be from this reality then, since you claim to work for us, and don't know about the Fleet."

She walked over to a section of the wall and pressed the nearly invisible button, revealing a massive computer screen.

"Here, you can request information here. Currently this warship is finishing up operations in this sector. I've been ordered by a senior captain to hold position here, and prepare this locale as a rallying point."

She nodded. Other ships are already here, While the Archangel has answered a request for aid from one of the Lieutenants." It was obvious she'd wanted to help, but someone pulled rank.

"We're not out of the woods, but my people are tired, so I've called them in to rest for a time, and get a meal while we try to repair the mechs in case we have to go back out again."

She looked tired, and though it was a child's voice it spoke with the emotion of a woman who had seen much.

"I'm going to get a shower, you can use the computer."

All things considered, it was almost surreal, as if things like this were a common occurrence.

"In case you're wondering why I am doing this, The ships auto-defense system shows your story about being an employee to be true. Thus I have no reason to doubt. When I have time though, I will personally Vet your story."

"Wait, so I'm not even in my universe? Great. Just great."

Hideko grumbles for a moment. This day keeps getting weirder and weirder.

"I swear when I get home, I am going to have to hurt someone. Anyways, thanks for understanding."

She heads over to the screen and accesses it

"Mind telling me...actually no I think I can figure this out quickly"

She touches the the screen and begins scanning the computer.

The wealth of data was astounding. There were security locks everywhere, but the ORG-chart of the CRT's was easy to access. The CRT Kilan listed was responsible primarily for areospace combat, and boasted an active roster of over four hundred pilots. Currently a quarter were listed as Wounded though.

Further exploration showed a picture of the gargantuan starship she was on, The Macross. Three miles o the most advanced technology of two Races, bristling with unfathomable firepower, and with the raw materials, an industrial capacity that exceeded most first-world nations.

Over 600 mecha were assigned to the ship, and each was shown in turn.

camera views from all over the exterior showed fields of stars, but those from the bow showed the most disturbing scene. Two humanoid figures were fighting next to what was labled as a moon. Two small icons appeared, and denoted as SG, and GGG both attacking the male of the two celestial giants.

"So this ship's called the Macross and apparently can blow up or out build most nations on earth."

She Accesses the mecha list

"Seems these guys are doing well in this universe as well."

She looks onto the camera view and takes a step back

"What the heck is going on out there?"

"Gods are making war, for the heart and soul of the Empire. And Captain Nagare and my Lieutenant are doing all they can to buy the Goddess Tsunami a fighting chance to end this."

The shower was on, the sound of running water unmistakable. It stopped and Klan emerged clad in a towel.

Hideko had a sense of being watched, but it wasn't by Klan, there was someone else watching within the Computer's Archives. Attempts to find her observer proved fruitless.

Ryoma Nagare's picture comes up, showing in both his formal Kimono of office, as well as his standard piloting attire. He is listed as Captain of CRT-8, the Deep Space operations team.

The archives on the Empire were vast, easily over 100 Terabytes, and they were far from complete. It was simply too much to assimilate all at once.

The study of the Goddess Tsunami was much less, though the data actually seemed to be growing as time passed.

"So from what I've gathered from scanning your comp, the CRT=8 Captain and some other guy is out fighting something cause they need to help the Tsunami"

She said scratching her head.

"And here I thought my universe was a little weird. Anyway I can help?"

"That won't happen in this ship,the HarGel keeps us from losing people like that."

She smiles as she dresses and then nods. It's very hard to believe the little girl is actually someone in charge.

"Come on then."

She leads her to a lift, that after about thirty seconds deposits them in one of the most massive rooms Hideko's ever seen. Row after row of giant mecha, planes and parts greets her, all of them swarming with technicians and worker robots. "Even knowing what I do, it's still breathtaking to see something like this. Where I came from, there were never human technicans."

"Oh I am. I'm just not from Earth. I come from the Circinus Federation, one of the last handful of High Gravity Troopers that exist."

There's a slight sadness when she speaks. "My Fleet was taken as Isorla when our commander was beaten in an honorable trial, and we've served Satoshi since."

She looked over to her. "Satoshi is the same in all realities, or at least a branch of the main company here in this reality. It's a unique power they seem to have."

"Ah. I see. Sorry for bringing it up, then"

She then tried to change the subject

" So Satoshi is constant in all universe. Well that explains why the security saw me as friendly. Even the codes must be the same."

She doesn't know whether to be depressed of relieved

" I apologize for inconveniencing you at the moment."

"You really aren't and it's not so much a sore subject, just something of a truth I have to accept."

She smiled. "Come on." She lead her over to a bright Red mech, bristling with guns from it's wrists, and a massive gun over the shoulder. Missile pods rode over the shoulder, and gigantic thrusters were behind the main torso. "This is my power armor, or at least it is normally. Currently I have to stay like I am, so it's more like a mech right now."

The techs continued working, heedless of the officer in their midst.

"Satoshi is an entity that managed to hold off two empires from taking their world, with far less resources, and technology beyond anything in existence. Only since I became a Captain did I start to learn how this was done."

She shook her head. "Can't tell you most of it, but I can say this much, Our Head Captain is a key part of the resurgence."

"Ah ok." She then looks at the mech. "Wow. I think you might have missed a spot. It's legs lack guns." She said chuckling

Looks amazed at the explaination

"And I certainly am glad I am on this side. Jeez, they must have more money than god at this point if they can pull stuff like this off"

She nods and the makes up her mind.

"Since I'm stuck in this universe for the foreseeable future, need a extra pair of hands? And maybe a sword and lasers." She said smiling

"I don't know that money will ever be a concern for Satoshi. After the Rain, they control the entire nation of Japan such as it is, and were able to universally upgrade the quality of life on Earth by 4 generations when they made their formal public debut."

She nodded. "We can always use people with special talents."

"Though to be fair, the Head Captain should be able to get you home, that's one of his talents."

"So my theory is correct. They have more money than god."

She said nodding

"Well that's good news. Tell you what? How about I talk about the captain and see how long it will take to get me back home? Figure in the mean time I'd help you folks since I did just kind of randomly appear on your ship, so it's the least I can do."

"He's planetside." She shook her head. "You'll have to wait until he gets back, which hopefully won't be too long. They're fighting a tough battle, and they're all having issues."

She looked worried now. "Come on, let's go to the bridge, it' got the best view."

Hideko nods and follows.

"Probably best if I get suited up since the ship is in the middle of a war zone."

She focuses and her clothes dissolve and are replaced with her technomagical girl armor (see profile for image)

"Alright let's get going"

Klan smiles. "Haven't seen something like that in awhile. YOu'll get along fine with this group."

They boarded another lift and soon arrived at the bridge. The Commanding officer, Admiral Gloval, looked at them and nodded. "Captain, I trust things are well."

"Yes Admiral. Our other ships?"

"On the way, the Avalon and Black Lion are here already. Casualty reports are light on personnel, though we lost considerable amounts of drones."

"Understood, let me know the final numbers. I trust the other officers are well."

"Captain Nagare and Lieutenant Gai are still heavily engaged. Georgi and Eiji succeeded and are mopping up planetside."

"Who is this with you Captain, if I may ask, I do not recognize her."

He nodded. "Well the last batch before you and and Rebecca were to the Archangel, I guess it was our turn."

He looked back to his screens, and the view out the main port.

Klan chuckled. "We get extradimensionals somewhat regularly. We got a couple not too long ago, and then Rebecca found her way home, and now you."

She nodded. "There's just something about this reality I guess."

"Let's see. Skye, and Kazuo are from the same world, and Sakura is half Aradian, Rebecca's been lost for twenty years across time and space. Francis is from the future, but he doesn't remember much of it."

She smiled. "Lady Valerie is from another world as well, Though she hasn't spoken of it in some time."

"Lily is crown princess of the Dalaraan Empire, and Skye is the Priestess of Tsunami."

It's offcial in Hideko's mind. This place is weirder than home.

Still at least, she'll not be the odd man, er, woman out

"Guess someone affected by nanomachines from another universe seems almost normal for this crew." She chuckles for a moment.

Klan chuckled "Indeed. Goes right along with Magi, aliens, ninjas, super soldiers, and everything else. Satoshi is all inclusive. We don't discriminate based on what someone is, it's all about what one does."

The battle was progressing, and it turned. The male giant's hand was sliced off by Shin Getter, and it's armor was gouged and cracked.

"Captain, Captain Wilder reports ready status. All ships save the Archangel are present and accounted for."

"Good. Tell Captain Nagare and Gai to be ready. We're going to end this in a single volley. Have all ships link firing controls to the Macross, and prepare to fire the main gun."

"Aye, Aye Captain."

The orders went out, and the massive bow of the macross split apart coming to resemble a giant tuning fork. lambent tongues of power arced across the booms, as the massive cannon began to charge. "We'll see if he can handle this."

Archived