Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 10a: Return of the lost

Justin OOC

Click to reveal..
Osprey *rolls* 2d6: 3+3+20: 26 + 10ep, Made it.
Osprey *rolls* 2d6: 4+5+20: 29 + 10 ep, Made it.

150 ep remaining.

Her eyes go wide and she fires a quick boost to starboard as the railgun almost cores her. But she saw that coming, and in turn manages to avoid the missiles. Her left side reports a increase in the ambient magnetic field, on the armored plates from the railshot.

"Son of a... you are playing for keeps... SO DO I."

She prays her calculation was correct from her sensors. She prays this works. For a moment, if anyone sees the cockpit video of this fight, they would swear her eyes glowed for a split second.

She fires her Tachyon Rifle, her Railgun, then closes with a blade slash like a woman posessed. "My turn."

Click to reveal..
Osprey *rolls* 2d6: 3+1+20: 24 - Tachyon 210 dam
Osprey *rolls* 2d6: 1+1+20: 22 - Railgun Critical failure
Osprey *rolls* 2d6: 4+3+20: 27 - Blade 385 dam

The railgun goes offline, the heavy shot must have reversed the polarity of the weapon, nothing short of a full bay would get it working again.

The energy blade slashes clean through the left arm, dropping the missile pod and one of the railguns off, before it exploded.

"Damn you!"

Sparks flew from the left shoulder socket and the other railgun came up, and once again the beam gatling shot out, even as the other gun over the right shoulder lined up.

(DC 28 , 27)

Click to reveal..
Recovered 200 HP from regeneration over 4 turns (thanks Justin.)
Osprey *rolls* 2d6: 2+3+20: 25 - 154 damage
Osprey *rolls* 2d6: 2+6+20: 28 - Nuffin

Remaining HP: 742 | EP: 150

Osprey tosses her Railgun to the side, activating it's transciever for a pickup after this fight... she plans on getting the hell out of here after she puts this dog down... she just prays this was her quarry.

"Damn you..." She screams over her comlink. "You're going to pay for that! Literally.. that cost 200 million to develop and build!"

Her missile tubes open again, the repulsor warheads set to the same sensor tagged frequency her blade and tachyon rifle are set to.

"TIME FOR AN ALPHA STRIKE!"

Click to reveal..
No Spirit Abilities active
Osprey *rolls* 2d6: 6+4+20: 30 - Missiles: 210 dam, 3 missiles left.
Osprey *rolls* 2d6: 2+2+20: 24 - Tachyon Rifle: 210 dam
Osprey *rolls* 2d6: 1+5+20: 26 - Plasma Blade: 385 Dam

The missiles impact, all along the left leg and and railgun, destroying the latter, and removing the former below the knee. The Tachyon rifle missed all together, though the plasma blade found purchase high in the left torso, ripping through one of the missile pods.

Still this didn't prevent the enemy mech from firing.

The hellish energy from the large-bore positron cannon washed over Rebecca's mech, knocking her further away under the sheer force of the blast. More missiles screamed out, but they didn't conect. The Buster was hurting bad, but it still had considerable bite.

(600 damage (beam) from the positron cannon, which auto-hits. the missile miss all together.)

Click to reveal..
Dirty pool autohitting me... then again that was 160 off the top. You owe me a paint job, buddy.
Regenerating 50 HP
Current HP: 632 | EP: 150

Her paint-job flakes off more from the heat of the blasts from outside, she's been fighting high-risk so far, and it looks like he's taking the brunt. Her concience takes hold for a moment. "Surrender. Or this won't end optimally for you. Vacate your unit or eject. I'll take you back to the fleet." She says backing off to a range still where she could unload her missiles and rifle at a moment's notice. Prepared for a more hostile response, if he doesn't listen to reason. Sparking returns to her shield and armor as they're once again re-enforced. This though has become mentally taxing regulating the system through the AMS.

Click to reveal..
Activating Guard
EP Remaining: 70
I'm giving him a chance. Hopefully he takes it. I don't want blood today.

The Buster looked at her, and it's PS armor shut down. The mech drifted in next to Rebecca, and she heard laughter, and then the enemy pilot's voice.

"There can be no surrender." The remaining arm snaked out and took hold of of her mech, shattering the left shoulder joint, as the railgun came up and shot straight through the left knee. At the core of the Buster, A sickly green light shone. "Goodbye, little girl, you might have beaten me but you will not stop what's coming, you will not stop Takashi's plan."

The green light intesified, and she got a chance to see the pilot of the other machine. A tan man with a shock of light blonde hair. "See you in hell, comrade."

The Buster exploded, the proximity of the blast heavily damaging Rebecca's mech, and leaving it hardly functional as a mech. The main engines were knocked offline. Her viewscreen showed the Amaterasu, readying itself to fire, the hellish storm of power from a wide-bore synchro cannon was almost beautiful, despite it's undeniable lethality.

Rebecca had found the ship and defeated the last remaining enemy Captain, and her target was about unleash a blast capable of untold destruction.

Click to reveal..
200 HP | 70 EP | No Weapons

"DAMN YOU YOU FOOL!" She screams, tears in her eyes, seeing there's nothing she can do to stop the blast heading for the planet.

..."Focus Rebecca... focus... get this thing back to aerospace mode and get the thrusters back online... there's nothing more I can do here... Sorry, Father.... I've broken your dream."

Click to reveal..
Osprey *rolls* 2d6: 1+4+15: 20 Computers check to get back online.
Weapons gone, regenerating 50 HP
250 HP | 70 ep

She finds her weapons totaled but everything else is restoring, too slow for comfort though with a behemoth about to kill in front of her.

"Thank you... SeaTalon"

"This is Rebecca Shirasu Rathbone, Callsign Osprey. Pilot of the SeaTalon. Lieutenant of Satoshi Crisis Response Team 4." She says over all secure fleet channels. "I found the Amaterasu and it's priming it's main gun to fire at the planet! I need all available firepower on this ship now! Don't worry if you hit me that's not of concern! The planet is about to get shot!" She says, getting as noisy as she can on any sensor looking her way.

"Comeon... get to aerospace mode girl..."

Her mecha almost seems to scream as it switches to aerospace mode. "There you go... Just gotta figure out what to do. What to do..."

Rebecca reaches for her eject switch, ready to hit it at the last possible moment as she tries as best she can to limp away under docking thrusters from the ship. She looks down, tears touching the visor of her helmet. "I've done all I can... I don't deserve you, SeaTalon..."

Click to reveal..
No more options. If the ship fires I eject as a held action.

Regenerating 50 HP, no abilities active.

300 HP | 70 ep

She looks up at the sudden expression on her main screens.

It... I.... she thinks to herself.

She sees the words overlaid on what could be the last thing she sees in her short, strange existance; turning from the screens in shame, she speaks, defeated.

"Unfortunate we start this conversation now... before the end."

She moves her finger away from the eject button. "At least... we had a good time, didn't we, SeaTalon?"

A glow surrounds her, filling the cockpit with light, golden in color as traces of free-roaming nanites populate her cockpit as everything reforms itself.

"Emergency Adaptive Nano-Regeneration?!?"

The golden glow can be seen, even from the bridge of most ships facing the Amaterasu. Rebecca can hear the mecha's hull strain and creak as the body re-configures itself into a new form. It uploads technical specifications it stored from encounters over the time Osprey and SeaTalon were in the other universe... and this new threat they just defeated.

When the glow clears... what stands in SeaTalon's place can best described as a evolutionary leap from it's previous form.

ptx-016r.jpg

"Very well, SeaTalon... third time we've been down this road, hasn't it?" Rebecca says as the coloration and form of her flight suit was cosmetically changed as a 'gift'. "I won't give up either! The honor of SCRT-4's Research and Development division is in my hands!"

She looks at her new crimson, black, and gold flight suit, with her personal insignia on the right breast of the suit's orange vest. She grabs the new control sticks, as the reconfigured HUD comes online on her viewscreens. Although the mecha's choice of pink on some areas might be a bit of contention. but no matter... They're in this together now. The targetting and tactical display comes up on her helmet.

"SeaTalon... Together... we are IRREPRESSIBLE!" She says with newfound zeal, wondering just what SeaTalon has in store this time. "I don't have to fight... I'm going to show this behemoth I'm no gnat to be swatted!"

She thrusts foreward the throttle control. Ready to prove once again why she was picked to be SeaTalon's pilot. "SeaTalon! Time to DANCE WITH THE ANGELS! Just like threading the needle on Valles Marineris!"

"You've picked up some new moves as well I see..."

She moves her hands like a conductor of an orchestra, every typed control surface key, every foot pedal press, every eye movement and thought meshed through the man-machine interface with the instinctual precision of the mecha's AI which anticipated every firing angle as the visual sensors watched the turrets move, swivel, and fire trying in vain to keep up with a mecha being controlled by seemingly a split personality acting in tandem.

"But what shall we do about that..."

She brings up a small camera window on her view screen, still seeing the Amaterasu powering up it's main gun to fire.

She uncharacteristically screeches over her comlink, "Come on, command! Where's my firepower I requested! I didn't order a pizza, here, I ordered some firepower! Piping hot!" She starts to sweat. Knowing if this plan doesn't synchronize, the entire plan may be doomed. Then Rebecca closes her channels.

"The only other option I got now, SeaTalon, is to re-configure your powerplant to do something I saw in the other world... chances are though, we'd not escape if the canon exploded... but we would be able to destroy the canon with one massive tachyon pulse through the shield emmiters... If that's the only option left I better be prepared to see that through."

She adjusts the tuning on her main powertrain, it squeals to life like a demon as the thrust output of her overboost thrusters turns green from the increased tachyon output.

"It's up to the fleet now... Don't make me the hero..."

"Monster.... But knights slay monsters... Amaterasu will fall. And her crew will be spared... their captain has paid the price for his crime."

She gets a lock on the Amaterasu's engines, angling the shot to cause as much of a primary power failure as possible.

"SeaTalon... prepare to fire on my mark."

She dashes around further defensive cannon shots like a dancer, effortlessly moving, as if she had prior knowledge of where the shots were aimed. Her AMS wasn't even using 10% of it's capacity as her own mind was handling the workload. She gets a tactical position, lining up her shot.

"Prime the man-machine interface, and set the Positron Cannon cockpit mode!"

The cockpit opens a hatch above her head and lowers a extra visor over her helmet. It reads out a display showing the power flow within the Amaterasu and the power load for the cannon.

"SeaTalon! Final Stage! FIRE THE POSITRON CANNON!"

The Sea talon does one final dash backwards with it's thrusters to get a safe distance away in case the shot hits a sensitive system, then as the chest is opened, greenish-blue energy surrounds the SeaTalon and collects in the chest.

Rebecca shouts "NOW!" and the cannon seems to stop for a second, before unloading such a massive jolt of power that some in the fleet nearby could have swore another Macross-class ship entered the fray. The aft engines explode and seem to be ripped from the hull in a clean shot.

Rebecca says a prayer for the potential loss of life as the SeaTalon's systems go offline from the shot. The screens go offline, as she drifts backwards from the sheer force of the blast of her cannon and the explosion. She waits a couple seconds before activating her distress beacon.

"Good work, SeaTalon. You can rest now." Rebecca says as she sits back in her cockpit. "I should eject based on SCRT-4 protocol 36-g regarding disabled units... but... I think if SeaTalon wants to wake up she'll do so."

She pushes back up the cannon lock array and manually closes the hatch. "You deserve a good cleaning and paint job after this fight, girl... you gotta get your hair did." She says with a grin.

"I just hope the crew of the Amaterasu is able to at least survive until they're picked up... Enough people have died today."

She checks out her suit with a flashlight from her personal effects compartment. "And this suit is just snazzy now..." She says to herself with a giggle."

"We won. I've dispatched troops to secure the Amaterasu. They found an empty ship. It was all on automated running."

Sh could see him smile on the vidscreen. The picture pulled back to show a blue haired woman sitting on his lap, though it was clear she was out cold.

"I picked up another survivor too. The battle took alot out of her. I've got the Seatalon, and we're going planet-side to meet up with Kai and the others. I reccomend you engage the heatshielding. I will handle the rest."

"Roger that." Osprey says, as the mecha takes a fetal position and shields deploy out of sections of the armor and inflate, until it looks like her rescuer is carrying a silver and white, hexagonal beachball. "Re-entry shielding deployed. Hopefully that's not too awkward to hold."

She sits back as the cockpit monitors switch on and her main viewscreen completely comes alive with a HUD. Although now all she sees is the back sides of the airbags that make up the re-entry system.

"Um, Sir? Why isn't that girl in a vacuum suit? Regulation 327-4.4 states clearly that all passengers in a unit in space must be wearing a SCRT approved vacuum protection device!"

She begins to get into a huff, seeing the feed window still from the other pilot's cockpit.

Archived