Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - OOC: Discussions

Krul

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're still undecided. whistle

Roll Call and summation: (If anyone wants to disagree feel free, I'm making some guesses here)

Maia: Yes

Warren: Maybe (no criminal record, might show off more than we want to know, wouldn't mind going public... and might have to go public if we link with the D-League).

Coraline: No (philosophically opposed)

Butch: No (criminal record, doesn't want to, is probably being actively hunted, probably would get tapped to be an elite).

Alex: No (busy, useful where she is, could be killed by project pro, better suited for working behind the scenes)

Epiphany: No (busy, useful where she is, perhaps subject to being killed, too powerful for her own good)

Darrik ?

Oz & Jeffrey (Are they still with us?)

Comments, disagreements, or suggestions?

Once this big fabrication project is complete, Alex will be ready to start interacting with the outside world again. She's not gonna be a lab haunt forever. smile

But she won't be signing any contracts either.

Coraline will second that one when she gets back from her social misadventures. The Apothesized Ones might need to lurk for a bit to avoid Proteus going even crazier before our characters are ready to make their move.

Should the unthinkable happen and no one else suitable volunteer for the second contract, Cora will volunteer herself for something more covert than public. She'd dislike it muchly, but she'd do it. Plus, I as a player would rather have Abyss or Jeremy active.

First, Happy 4th of July everyone!

Second, I think I'll have Cora flit through (I assume) Warren's warp to the DeVries meeting as a last second volunteer to sweeten the pot against betrayel. Assuming her companions for the evening in D+D don't try to rufee her and toss her in the local Utopia Golag, she'd grudgingly try it. Post that tonight if no one overtly objects.

Sooooo... What *is* the Danger Room like? LL and I have an idea for a fic/thread in which Cora and Pip bond in there while testing how much faster Pip actually got via running through Cora's various exercise programs, talk, yell at each other, accidentially set one another on fire, etc. Ya know, the usual teenage metahuman family hijinks. ;D

if the 'danger room' is one of Alex's inventions, it probably consists of a large open room with armored walls that consist of pneumatic blocks that can be pushed out from the walls, ceiling and floor from a control room that overlooks everything. These blocks create a user-definable terrain that can change at any moment.

If a block is pulled out, it creates a space that a weapon turret can extend out of, or an open spot that various training robots can emerge from. The training robots are pretty simple, and are mass produced by a self-contained automatic factory that Alex made a year or two ago. They have fairly simple brains, and can be commanded by radio from the control room...or the person up there can assume direct control of a robot, bypassing their rudimentary AI.

No magic holograms or force fields or other superscience though. Even the robots is kind of pushing things on that score. smile

I'd be interested in taking part in a Danger Room thread, too! I've been trying to think of ways to work through some character development/tactical training with Butch, and I think this'd be great. Plus, it's probably better than the training montage I was planning a la Rocky IV... wink

I thought the Moon fiction happened a couple days after the Decisions and Dilemmas thread?

[[cause she totally would delay this whole thing if there was someone away from the Island - as Cora and Darrik are at the moment - she wouldn't leave anyone out and about without the protection of the mindnet]]

LOL. Poor Krul. We make you work so hard at times. laugh

In any event, Cora's probably gonna take Pip topside for a game of aerial tag if she finds not one but two Apothesizes thorwing down in the place. Unless the Danger Room is divisiable. No one wants to get apothesized by friendly Q 8 fire, do they?

Archived