Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - OOC: Discussions

Krul

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PM for QF (and good post in 'Submarine').

Originally Posted By: Envoy
Of course, this assumes Warren is still around after his sundiving stunt. wink
Ya. Glad he's being entertaining... on a side note this was planned before I knew about apotheosis. When I built the character I knew sooner or later he'd try this. I mean it's the 'why do men climb mountains' thing.

lol.. he didn't critically fail the first roll.. and a sun is a freaking supercharged ball of quantum energy, there is a constant flow quantum off a star... but when he failed the roll.. I'd already decided that being in mortal danger gave you another chance..

Besides, coming back in time to chew himself out from almost killing himself, that's fun, especially when I as as the ST get to do it.. Now, the only question is, did failing into the sun spark his apothesis or did his encounter with himself spark his apothesis...

That kind of futzes with continuity though doesn't it? This is happening BEFORE the 'Agreements and Disagreements' thread.

I guess we can easily shift it forward in time though. Maybe he does the sundive afterwards.

Originally Posted By: SalmonMax
That kind of futzes with continuity though doesn't it? This is happening BEFORE the 'Agreements and Disagreements' thread.
I'd thought it was after it (with the finding of J2 before), but like you said, we'll just shift it a hair.

Originally Posted By: Darrik
Actually, I'm wondering if Warren really should be rewarded for THAT stunt. Seriously, you throw yourself into the sun, you get what you deserve. :P
I don't know... imho a fall into something less solid than water wouldn't be that bad. Or he could have recovered from the overload and started flying again.

On a side note the whole mental shutdown because of sensory overload wasn't entirely because of his senses. I've done that while skydiving. Wonderful. Alien. I would have hit the ground before I remembered to pull the cord (the instructor pulled it for me). The really impressive part was out of our class of 15-20 newbies, *no* *one* remembered to pull the cord themselves.

Originally Posted By: LydaLynn
true - but even then - to me it'd be worth having to pay some QP to explore a sun - I'm not sure Pip would feel the same way - she doesn't strike me as a character who'd want to try that out
Come, join the dark light side... what's the worst that can happen? firedevil

(Side note: Have a reasonably high Mega-Stamina).

I go by a certain general logic to this.. living things can survive even in the void of space for short time.. and there are creatures adapted to the deep parts of the ocean. But the sun itself is not exactly hospitable to biological life. It is theoretically possible life could adapt to live in the corona but within the sun would be like something living inside within a nuclear explosion.

So, I assign a drain based on that (there is one environment even worse, but I don't expect any of who to seek out a black hole and jump in to see if you can survive it). Someone with M.Sta of 3 doesn't feel a drain in the corona, but it requires M.Sta of 5 to actually swim inside the surface the sun.. and you'll need a M.S higher then 5+ to descend to the Sun's core

Quote:
Have some of your people, two or three of them, sign on with DeVris for a contract, I'm willing to limit it to a year, I'm fairly sure you have folks with the skills to do just about anything. In exchange, I'll give your group full access to DeVris resources.
Now that sounds interesting.

Originally Posted By: SalmonMax
Courier, I can post it.
That's fine.

Originally Posted By: Envoy
Hrrrrrm. Maybe perhaps placing 'We All Live...' and 'Corparate Manuvers' simultanuesly with a hypothetical future thread merging the action together as it were.
Thing is 'We All Live' and 'A&D' are both pretty close to ending but I don't think 'Corporate' is.

You tempt me to see it that wouldn't happen, Warren, having apotheosis occur while modeling could be amusing... but there would have to be something to cause tension or stress for it to happen.

So, from the sounds of it, you folks are going to sign Anna's contract... and both Maia and Marina are volunteering?

Quote:
Warren sent an image of two of his sisters modeling on a cat walk and then becoming a thousand times more beautiful and overloading the senses of everyone present.
I just realized it can be taken the other way, but I meant that the girls overload the senses of their onlookers, not that Warren was trying to overload his siblings senses.

Courier, I'm gonna stick a little timeskip into Submarine. My intent for the thread now is to give more detail on what Alex has been doing down there, which is not just the sub, and how it bleeds over into Alex's own apotheosis.

The next part of Submarine takes place over several days, and overlaps (chronologically) several other threads. In general, if Alex is communicating via the link but not showing up in person, then it's because she's still in the Submarine thread.

I expect it to be finished by the time the DeVries situation is resolved, at which point Alex will put in an appearance.

k... for the record then: Warren can create temporal clones, accelerate time, he's picked up a dot of m-strength to move rocks around, and he can have the gate itself filter what will and will not go through it.

Or basically Warren isn't a rate limiting step here any more.

On a side note range isn't a useful concept anymore when it comes to measuring those gates distance. If someone wants to explore other galaxies it's possible.

RE: DeVries Contract

So who do we send? Warren is willing to do it but he's also conceded the whole 'hide the post-A' point. So basically if no one else will step up then he could do it and it'd be both safe and it wouldn't be a full time job.

Fun to see the ever-forming and dissolving cliques of the siblings as they deal with the fact they can't live in the egg of isolation Shen's made for them. Also, nice card played by Anna as a stinger. Definitely got Cora's attention for next time it's my turn to post.

Archived