Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - OOC: Discussions

Krul

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After talking about things in chat, I am retiring Mary. It was agreed it was probably better for me in the long run.

This does not mean that Kamiko is being dropped. Get that out of your head now. Not happening.

This is also the last I want to talk about this, or the circumstances around it. I just feel my enjoyment of CoQF can be raised by doing this. This is just something that, under the consultation of some people in CoQF, I thought would be the right choice.

He's AWOL again? Jeepers. Seems like just last week or two he was back from being AWOL.

Well, Alex just wants to check in on operations and see where her intervention is needed, or where it would benefit. Now that the nanofacs have been launched, she has some 'free' time, and this seems to be where she's needed most right now. :)

I'm at the Congo to examine the current situation with the Dragon's Den in the Congo and assess if the children there are at a high enough risk to initiate a evacuation from the Congo facility. Which will probably be to the Bibliotheca Sacra until a new terrestrial location can be chosen.

She is also there to offer her negotiation expertise if it is required.

Overall, I am just establishing what Kamiko is doing for the time-period of 6.1

If her services are not necessary, she will return to Tokyo in the matter of a week, resuming her duties in Nippontai (as few as they are currently) or doing YJ business.

Oh yes, and Alex wants to take a personal role in Angola...specifically, hoping to get more information about the lead-up to the war, and the forces that staged this.

Hoping for fingerprints, or the figurative equivalent. :)

Just be sure to feed Kamiko (in as most a secure way possible... like any YJ protocols Alex knows) any info you got. Cora might need this too. Of course most of what you find I probably cannot use as a wedge in any potential future negotiations, but if it can lead me to have Ein and Co. look at something close enough... that might be a good start.

Well, it the weekend has come and gone. What's news?

The news is that some plots have been hammered or are in the process of being hammered out by the ST team. Stay posted for plot coming to a QF near you! :P

Could we get some ST posts in the Chapter 6 threads soon, please, to move them along or head them towards closing down if they're going to closed in favor of Chapter 7? Having two plot chapters that are one after the other open in the game will get confusing at best and very frustrating in continuity at worst. Thanks!

Ok, given that we're lagging in Losing Sakura (and I don't feel that people have been very enthused about the topic given all the RL stuff that has interfered) I'd like to offer to craft an ending for the thread that will involve everyone and have a satisfying conclusion.

How do people feel about this?

Why is it when I finally line something up, I still get screwed.

If you saw my post in General Discussion, that is the reason why I gotta drop games. Now that I thought I had a plan, now that CoQF might be popping, now I am FORCED to drop out. I got no other choice in the matter this time and I wish I didn't. I am going to allow Justin to NPC me. I don't think anyone wants to act on my plans nor wants to help me act on them. So, I'm done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hate making these kinds of posts. They are universally the least enjoyable kind of posts for an ST to make. I’m sure by now the more astute of you have guessed what I was going to say. This weekend, Krul announced to his assistant STs that he wasn’t inspired enough to continue QF and that we were welcome to take over indefinitely. Mala and I don’t feel capable of indefinitely running a game that started at 11 and is now at 20, and Justin can’t do it by himself.

So the plan is that we’re going to start shutting things down in QF. What we’d like from the players is to know their endgame plan – the one thing that they want to see happen to consider their PC’s story (or this iteration of their PC’s story) completed. We’ll work with you to finish that story. It might take months, but I for one know how much it sucks to have a story left undone. I’m willing to do the work to complete them.

That aside, it was a hell of a game, and I thank each and every person who added to it. It was a pleasure building the Quantum Fire world with you.

I'll send you a copy of the PM I sent Krul regarding Gen's plans...as well as a quick synopsis of her endgame.

Thanks for providing some closure on this. That's appreciated more than this puny post can adequately ascribe.

To be honest, after how this has lingered past it's expiration date. Perhaps just wrapping all active threads and calling it a game is the best option. Yes, I sound bitter. To be honest I am not going to re-tread. So after Tides closes, that is it. End of story in my opinion in regards to Kamiko. As for Mary her story ended with her walking out on Dan for good.

This whole game's just ended bad and I feel completely drained to even try to come up with any sort of ending that was more than "And nothing of value was lost."

To be honest, after how this has lingered past it's expiration date. Perhaps just wrapping all active threads and calling it a game is the best option. Yes, I sound bitter. To be honest I am not going to re-tread. So after Tides closes, that is it. End of story in my opinion in regards to Kamiko. As for Mary her story ended with her walking out on Dan for good.

This whole game's just ended bad and I feel completely drained to even try to come up with any sort of ending that was more than "And nothing of value was lost."

Mala, Justin and I are here to help people not leave feeling bad. I know that's not always possible, but let us know if you come up with something.

This is sort of my goodbye post to this game.

Perhaps I tried to keep it going longer then I should have, it came to the point where I was having to come up with crazy ideas to challenge folks, at first I was enthusiastic about the ideas, but to be entirely honest, toward the end, I began to feel more and more like it was work and less and less enthused by the future of this game.

Furthermore, I think the power level and number of players exceeded my ability to come up with reactions.. I was starting to feel like I was being pulled in numerous directions, and that I couldn't be fair to everyone, and give all players the attention they deserved.. the Assistant ST's helped a lot on that, and I thank you, but I still feel like some of you fell by the wayside, for which I have the most regret.. (Alex especially, Max you have/had awesome idea's for her, and I really feel like she didn't get the 'screen' time she deserved.. but you were not the only one).

Generally this is the last time I'm going to run a game at this powerful level and with this many players (except possibly with Co-ST's right from the beginning), though it has expanded my horizons in terms of imagination, so I also thank my players and fellow ST's for a enjoyable story, it was a great ride to this point, and I couldn't have done it without you, and thank you to everyone who was part of this story.. giving vision to an idea that started small and grew into a great story.

Feel free to end your stories as you like, my only thing on this, is get someones permission before involving their PC's in your character's ending..

Krul, just let us end this in our threads and just let us close this.

Also I am not giving permission unless I get clued in on the ending first, otherwise I'm retaining control and not authorizing anyone to use my character(s).

That's moot.

Alex's fate wasn't your fault, nor responsibility. She is what I made her, and so many of her 'things' were off in a world of their own that it became really hard to justify her involvement with stuff other people were involved with. That was entirely my doing.

I had ideas that would have hopefully helped some...but the fact is that she was always going to be someone moving around out of sight for the most part; her most important plans operating well outside the view of others. So I was prepared to accept that. Even starting to find ways to enjoy it.

But I agree...the game was rapidly spiraling out of control. It's best this way, even if it's bittersweet.

Personally, I would like to write some sort of completion for Kamiko and Mary, each. But after my in and out I don't think I deserve to.

So unless I feel that my posting some closing story would add to the ending here, I'm just going to complete Tides and call it a game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am not sure what is needed from me at this point.

Alexandra's presence and activities are in a kind of quantum phase-space right now; existing in a state of uncertainty. I will resolve this, but I could use some help locking things down in time. I'm confused as to what's happening -right now- in continuity.

Archived