Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - OOC: Discussions

Krul

I have to add a note regarding GNS... I would have some involvement since I am the Captain of the Hikari Maru A, and a member of Nippontai who has some partnerships with GNS.

That is a plot point worth remembering.

That and if Star ever called for Kamiko, depending on what was needed Kamiko would answer.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WR: When Darrik said that stuff about the Chinese, he meant by that angle of warrants. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

It would help me if Darrik would detail his planned approach to the Chinese, so I can set that up and get it moving. "Darrik goes to China to shake up bureaucrats" doesn't give me much to work with.

Ok, having been doing a bit of research on the Chinese judiciary, Darrik's plan is to deal with the top judges at the Economic Tribunal, give them a good dose of nova charm, plus the point about Ein, and once they have rubber-stamped the warrants promptly and and seized/freezed the assets of Van Hout and Darrik has the warrants, he'll move on to the Enforcement Tribunal and get them to back that up. (I am given to assume that if they're calling on protection from China, then the the PRC would have similar authority to take punitive action. I may be wrong.)

Then, he'll do similar stuff with Taiwan's High Court's Professional Court of International Trade (warrants and asset taking) plus ensuring that balliffs or are posthaste sent to seize the Van Hout office to 'prevent evidence destruction.'

In short, he's playing dirty hardball. And not the kind with Puck and the girls. :/

With regards to the present threads

Lightning Lies waits for player action...

On the Horizon waits for some of the other PC's..

Some of the unpinned threads also wait for player action, perhaps I need to nudge them a bit..

I've a bit planned for a few other threads, but I've been waiting for the PC's with regards to the present ones, sense they seemed stalled, I decided to focus on the Armageddon pitch while waiting.

Post requests for threads Puck is in:

Infinity Infinite - Krul, a post from you with responses for Puck's looking into things (or Scripture/someone sent by him actually telling Puck or Surtr what he knows) would help move this thread along. Or Carver, but a post here from one of the two of you could hopefully get the thread moving again.

Home Violations - Carver, if you could post here, that would be awesome. If we need to discuss the direction of the thread, please catch me in chat or call me or PM the Puck account. Thanks!

Exalted Diplomacy - Ein, we desperately need a post here from you!

Dark Star & The Moon and the Stars - Varro, I know you're RL slammed. Please post here when you get a chance. Thanks!

Losing Sakura - Carver, when you get a chance here as well, please. :)

Now that I am not in hospital and not dead, I'll try and get some posts up for Horizon and Seeking Eden.

About Seeking Eden, while I hope to get some action going with Puck/Darrik and Eden in a delayed sort of way, it would be good for her to run into some other PCs on her way. I'm going for the Great American Journey: Nova Kid edition, and no Great American Journey is complete without strange and fortuitous encounters. Plus it'll help to potentially give room for future plot once this storyline's done.

I think it's her new sound based pretercognition and sound mastery past-cognition powers that do it. She can hear me tapping on the keyboard and... well... it's not that hard to work out what I'm writing once you can hear that.

I've decided to allow Krul and Justin to use Kamiko and Mary as a NPCs.

I think this is for the better of everyone involved if I can't feel I can play as Kamiko or Mary.

Officially, they are considered retired as PCs in my opinion. It is me really, and I just want people to understand I need to stick with this decision this time. It's a incredibly hard decision but one I must make.

Well... there might be a love triangle after all...

I will make every effort to post in Losing Sakura tomorrow evening. I hope to have computer access from work tomorrow (I know, I've been expecting it since last Wednesday) which means I can get some fluff posts out of the way hopefully. Cross your fingers.

I'm going to have to pull back my original notice.

Why?

What's going on now in chat. If Krul has a plan, I should help see it through. But I am done yo-yoing. It's starting to even anger me I've given up this easily.

But I feel I got off my chest my frustration.

So... where was I? Oh yes, Tides. We're trying to save the world...

Okay. Posts incoming this evening in QF. I have a post in Tides to send us off. I have a post in Losing Sakura to explain how Alex is helping, so Dawn can use her to relate whatever clues she sees fit to bequeath. I will then be starting 'The Alex Thread,' to allow easier interaction with her.

Stay tuned.

...this is so y'all know I haven't just forgotten. :)

Max - Sakura does not have green skin. Eyes, hair, and lips, that's all. She looks pretty much like the avatar picture. The only time she tints her skin green is to photosynthesize, and she only does that in private. I think there's only three PCs that have seen/know that she can do that.

Huh...? The color settings must be different between our computers, then. She is fair-to-olive colored to my view. Either way, she doesn't usually have green skin and in all public appearances has looked Caucasion. I'm not sure Alex has ever personally met her (my pardon if I'm just forgetting), so I'd assume that is what she'd go off of. The green lips/hair/eyes and pregnant nova should still be fairly good set of search criteria.

Yar. I also don't recall if they met off hand (oh, to have Mega-Int 8 myself), but in this case it's irrelevant. She'll have access to pictures from any number of cooperating novas, I'm sure. Possibly from non-cooperating, if necessary. :) I'll also be sure to mention that she's using a scanned photograph as the basis for image-recognition, not just descriptions. :)

Thanks for the clairifcation.

I think the issue with Saku's skin on the avatar is that some screens have different gammas, that can change some tones on a picture.

Either that or we're describing colors differently because I see the tan and a slight green tone personally. A bit of a Khaki tone honestly.

Tide Scoobies: Once Maia, Alex, Marina, and Kamiko cross the threshold, should we just fast-foreward to landfall? Or just call that our exit from the thread, to let Cora, Butch, and Shen have their convo?

Note: We'll probably have to figure out our threads that spin off from 6.1.

Oh, would Maia, Kamiko, and Marina be in the same thread if Alex is handling his business?

Fast forwarding is definitely a go. Alex is just gonna jet straight to the palace once she gets us landing permission.

Her spin-off thread is the one where she tells everyone about the robot army of doom, I believe...so it's already handled.

Archived