Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - OOC: Discussions

Krul

I have an OOC question that needs some clarification. We're having a Terat meeting, but we have non-Terats there. Is it therefore really safe to be discussing the Nursery in front of the non-Terats? Or do we need to ask Cora and any other non-Terats to excuse themselves from the meeting? This is something I'll need answered before Infinity posts.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yes, I planned to post before now.. been busier then usual, had to work late today, because of someone not making it to work on time.. *sigh*

As to my posting.. an update so that people know what to expect.

As of this time, I intend to post in Epidemic first (and I'm asking Puck not to post before then, what I have planned there is relevant)

Then, I intend to post in the New Revolution

Both of my planned posts in those will deal with certain things regarding my upcoming post in Wages

I've also decided that Scripture is going to introduce a new face of sorts, though nova's involved in the Cult of Mal (only Infinity will have much interaction with her at this point, and her restructuring the Cult into Choirs (I'll explain that in my coming posts) ), and it's restructuring will know her.. She's going be rather different, as I rebuilt her from the ground up for this last week for this purpose, I'm porting Revelation over, but she's going to be 1st generation and a lot, a lot different. The Goddess of Life and Death, Weaver of the Threads, is sort of her theme.. I planned to post her NPC sheet up first, but I feel like it's important to give you folks a heads up.

I will also be introducing another NPC, the worlds greatest psychologist and telempath.. independent with ties to the Abberants, she's going to be important in some coming threads, though her appearance is a bit further in the future..

Also, going to start the Shadow Wars thread, which will involve those of you fighting mother hunters, and hunters coming after those of you who are obviously fertile.. Darrik, Puck, Sakura, Starseed, Bombshell (if they can find her), this will be close to the Omega thread of interludes.

Omega is going be started soon... march 1st, my birthday at the latest.. and it's going to involve the jungle wars as they begin to envelope the southern part of the African continent, but they will have the potential to spread out to the rest of the world depending on how things go...

And.. Beware the Ides of March folks.. for, ready or not... Chapter 6 - the Jungle Wars.. shall begin on that date.

Chang, I'd like you to edit your post in FF, please. The problem is that you place the group by the door, when Sakura's posts (and all those that follow) discuss circulating throughout the room before joining the group. So the group wasn't wedging the door shut by any means until you posted as such. Can that be fixed please? :) Also, as a note, Morri's only 5'5" so "TSD" isn't quite accurate. I take that as a compliment that she has a force of personality larger than herself. ;)

If your wondering where I've been, some of my responses to PM's changed my plans a bit, especially our discussion about Infinity, Dawn, so I thought to give that time to settle in and consider it a bit... and played a few other games while I was thinking.

Also, needed a bit of a break as I changed gears somewhat.

After the interlude period is done, I may need to take a short sabbatical from CoQF to figure out what to do next with Mary and Kamiko.

If anyone has any ideas, this might make things quicker, or make the break unnecessary.

I've crossed a rubicon and entered unfamiliar, intimidating territory.

Your most solid idea so far has been FMR and trying to bring accord between Novas and baselines. It's workable, but I'd suggest doing a little research into the setting and talking to Krul to work out who Kami might be interacting with in order to push that agenda. And also think about how she'd pitch the idea to various groups and the pcs who are sort of representing them in the game. Certainly if you put the work in that would end up pretty significant.

I've discovered that my current mindset and creative drive isn't where it should be for something of that magnitude.

As a player, I'm not a political creature. I would have to be way deep into the political structure of the world to even start to make an impact.

I'm going to start looking at other factions at this point and make a choice. If I cannot make a choice, then I'll have to consider other options.

Kamiko is a shoe in for them. The Aberrants, I mean.

I think I've had my eureka moment, and it might keep things interesting since she'll join Nippontai as well.

Yes I'm going with it. But to have an Aberrant link to Nippontai through Kamiko sounds smart.

Went on a bit of thread cleanup.. if you were not entirely done with a thread.. feel free to continue it, but a lot of this stuff had fallen by the wayside.. either because of players not posting or the story being on hold, or in some cases it seemed a good place to end.

If the players involved in those threads have a good idea for rebooting them, or want to start a new thread based on continuing that story thread that would be ok with me.

• 2 weeks later...

Some Teras Required is now open to anyone with connections to Darrik. It's a party! Given the end-date set by Krul, please feel free to post, but realize that we'll be moving the party along at a good clip to be done by the 15th. Yay chrysalis!

:balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:

I've been following Ghosts of the Past and I have already stated this to QF and to Envoy, but I wanted to be absolutely clear to everyone:

DR-QF is considered to be a separate world from my game. I will not be offended if a brigade of novas dashes over to that world and kills every zombie in it... because it won't happen in my game. It's open to anything that anyone wants to do to it; I just ask you don't ask me for details about the world. I'd rather not have input into it. Feel free to use the resources and setting, and to make your own stuff up, because it will be your DR at that point. And I also ask you to have fun. :D

Archived