Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - OOC: Discussions

Krul

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be out of the country for seven days, so anything involving Chang and Brute will have to proceed with them for the time being.

Chang'll be turning up in Night Out on my return, as we discussed. For now, pilot Brute wherever you need her. It'll be fairly obvious to Puck that she's not ready for the rainbow room dance floor yet, and she'll encourage him to leave her and go dancing and have fun.

sorry about the last 3 days folks, epecially those of you waiting for my responses in PM's.. Tuesday I was busy with Christmas stuff, Wednesday I had to go to court for a contested traffic ticket the results of which left me to disheartened to deal with people that day, and Thursday my internet was down

Ugh! Traffic court sucks. Last time I waited in line from the crack of dawn to get in for the day, waited a total of 6 hours to plead my case to the judge. The judge didn't even let me speak...just threw the book at me...all they care about is getting everyone's money, and during a recession. Sorry about that QF.

AM: It's cool. I've just been smacked a couple times for that mistake elsewhere by others. Just showing it goes both ways. ;)

Varr: Exams > RPGPost. (Although if you wanna talk about your christmas project, bouncing ideas off of someone always helps.)

Mala, I think you made an error when Power-maxxing Quantum Awareness. When you power-max, using the House Rules in, you get 'Boost' points equal to your Quantum Rating for each 3qp you spend and 1 taint you take, you don't roll anything. Each boost point can be used to enhance a single parameter, such as range, which effectively gives you extra ranks/power rating in the power. So, with 24 boost points from Power Maxxing, Puck could add 24 to his effective rating with Quantum Awareness, which is another 240 kilometers, possible doubled with the Increased Range Extra from his Bodymorph.

Unless there is something else in effect I am unaware of.

Well, if it add rating, then the dice pool would increase for rolling the Extended range, wouldn't it? That's how Extended Range works, rolling the Per + QA Rating and counting successes. 'Dice Pool' is listed as one of the options to use for the power maxxing points, so that's what I went with.....

More specific clarification:

[Malachite] 7:49 pm: Jer - On the power-maxxing: I could spend the points to up the Range of the power (so, Quantum + QA Rating + PM points x 10 KM) to just automatically raise the range that way, guaranteed expansion. But, I can also increase the die pool to be rolled for the power, which with the Expanded Range extra on QA has the effect of allowing successes to expand the range by a magnitude of 10.

[Jeremy] 7:50 pm: ah

[Malachite] 7:50 pm: Both are allowed, at least how it's written/I read it. If Puck wasn't using Expanded Range (i.e., he was in his fleshform and didn't have access to it), then the only way to increase the range would be by the first method when power maxxing.

I've been away for a bit, found a crossover oWoD game I really want to play on a different site and it had a time limit for applications, including a sandbox section as a prerequisite, so I've been busy. Now that the intensity has died down I'm ready to turn my attention back to this...only I'm still waiting for his answers to my questions in a PM. Has he been missing for awhile? Standard end-of-year finals/Holidaze slowdown?

Here's what I'm seeing.

1: Krul went into low-activity hibernation after Thanksgiving.

2: The holidays are pretty much done in about 9 days give or take.

Thing is, I think the Christmas present he'll be bringing back... we might think of as a itchy sweater than that present we really wanted. Time for the other shoe to drop and our plans to start falling apart.

Archived