Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - OOC: Discussions

Krul

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I added this to the house rules, I'm reposting it here to make sure no one misses it, if you need clarification with other aberrations in the future, let me know and I'll add them to the House rule thread also.

Aberration Clarifications

Due to it being such an issue and because of people running scared from the matter, I am going to cover the problem aberrations here, they might be somewhat different from the way you understand them, but this is the way they work here.

Object of Desire: This does not require you to react sexually in any way, only possessive, there are dozens of ways this can be expressed, and seuxal is only one of them them.. for example, Gimli's desire for a lock of hair, in Lord of the Rings, is the equvalent of aberration expressed from the lady Galadriel,. It doesn't mean you have to be their lover, or best friend, or even nice to them. It is also completely up to the player character how they react, not the pc with the abberation or the ST.. just the player themselves!

Hearthrob: This just makes the pc exceptionally seductive, it does not apply when they are trying activate seductive or seductive looks, only when they are not, there is nothing that requires a player to respond to it.. unless they have a really low willpower, at which point I will require a roll (but by really low, i mean under five). It does mean that when someone uses it on you, you feel attraction, but again, you don't have to respond to it

On a different note.. recent events have suggested to me more clarity is needed, and because a game should be fun for everyone, players and ST alike.. I'm going to clarify a few things.

Fuirst, Object of Desire never quite vanishes, except in one particular case, which I'm not absolutely not ever going to explain to anyone (I feel the grabbing of empathic shield by all is metagaming enough, so, you can only discover that special case should you end up with it naturally) though it does fade some when out of someone's presence, and degree you fail by also matters some.

But sense it's created such a firestorm of controversy, I'm going to add the following option to it and other social aberrations and abilities, though I will add on a side note, some of the stuff that has occered with regards to social mega's has me somewhat, irritated, though perhaps that is a stronger word then I should use, peoples reactions to some of it seems like metagaming to me.. However, I find it in my heart to understand the players who absolutely don't or can't stand the idea of their character being affected this way...

So, if you absolutely can't or don't want you character to be affected by a social ability or aberration, you can just dock yourself 4 exp to completely avoid the affects of a social aberration, mark it on your sheet and I will have considered you to have succeeded at any particular roll, I will even allow this to be applied retroactively (for stuff previous to this). On a side note, because this is a little unfair to players who embrace the affects of a social ability and aberration and roll with it, I'm granting people 2 experience when they fully roleplay the effects of being under a social aberration or ability.

In the future, if you want to avoid an affect you can roll against it, or take the experience roll, but if you roll and fail, then decide that you didn't want to take the consequences of the roll, I do consider that metagaming of a sort, and will double the xp cost.

Puck's only given one personal interview, and that in June, interlude timeline wise, but Exalt! opened with a nice big media campaign across pretty much all media venues. Any PC could know about it if they want. :D Just stop on by, Puck's usually running amok either in the building or out in New York just a quick phone call and ride home away.

A quick question and a request:

Is the Nursery still located in Zaire (what is now the DRC in real life and the Kingdom of the Congo in the QF timeline), or was it moved when Ein took over the Congo?

Also, could you pin this thread? It's hard to find buried in with all the fics. :)

Oh hooo! But not the other Interludes?! Favoritism! Bloody-minded elitism! I won't have it! Come, my non-Greek friends! Rise up with me! You have nothing to lose but your not-sticky status!

LET OUR NUMBERS SWELL!!

:balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:

We could us the Greek National Anthem ... but austerity measures nixed it.

Yes, that's what happened to the 'e' in 'use'. ;) *shakes her fist at the severe austerity measures of RPG-Post!*

Guys, I want to apologize for the lack of posting on my end. For those of you not following in chat, in the last two or three days, I've been consumed by a lengthy application process for a possible job. I will not be able to post tonight because I'm hanging out with my sister. I'll be catching up on Friday (though I may sneak in posts here and there).

QF - When trying to redo Puck, I read in the Core Book that Megas can only go up to Q. Rating -1, and then was told in chat that they could go to Q. Rating +1. Could you rule on this? Many of the post A 2nd's at least have Megas at at least Q. Rating, and raising to Q9 or 10 requires having at least one mega at the current Q rating, so is this a house rule and if so is it Q. Rating or Q. Rating +1?

Also, on Q. Instruction, it says you can teach "up to your rating or Q. Instruction." Which is limiting factor? If you have a 1 in QI and 5 in a mega, can you only teach up to 1 or can you teach up to 5? Or vice versa: 5 in QI and 1 in mega, how far can you teach?

Bomb - Is that a house rule I'm just not seeing, or did they change the stated rule in the Core Book somewhere? And thanks for the reply. :)

Krul - New idea for Qi Meng peoples: gaining the Psi-Sensitivity Enhancement with the first dot of Qi-Meng. As Qi Meng is more difficult to get than the other pre-reqs (a dot of Mega-Perception and either the Quantum Attunement or Psychic Sensitivy Enhancements), the first dot of Qi Meng would replace those requirements. Does that sound appropriate?

It's sort of a house rule, since mega-attributes over 5 were first introduced in the Player's Guide, but technically, there is no rule that allows you to have base attributes over 5, meaning but strict adherence to the rules, you could never have a Mega-Attribute of higher than 6 (and in the Core book, you can't go higher than 5). So, typically, most people let you have a maximum Mega-Attribute equal to you Quantum rating, once it goes above 5.

The core rules say Q. Rating -1, not +1. Page 154, second paragraph.
Correct, quantum rating -1 (or Maximum Mega=Q-1). So if you want a Mega=5 you need a Q of at least 4. (5-1).

It's why you can be a super-normal and have a mega=2... with a quantum of only one you can still look human.

Archived