Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - OOC: Discussions

Krul

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Ein and Shaman, could you make the roll for Object of Desire (under aberrations on Sakura's character sheet, in the spoiler) when you get a chance? No need to post it anywhere, it's just for rp stuff. Lemme know what happens, if you please, if I'm not in chat with you when you make the roll. Thanks!

Oh, Ein, Discerning Mind does work, so you can add the successes of an Intelligence roll to your Willpower roll. :)

Ummm....what is 'Hatchers' supposed to mean? I can't find a reference to it in any of the books. Is Warren just making a derogatory slang term for Terat and Trog 2nd gen? Because most of those don't hatch from eggs or anything. There's some different methods of reproduction given as aberrations or bodymorphs in the New Breed book, but that's the closest I could come to anything related.

Ummm....what is 'Hatchers' supposed to mean? I can't find a reference to it in any of the books. Is Warren just making a derogatory slang term for Terat and Trog 2nd gen? Because most of those don't hatch from eggs or anything. There's some different methods of reproduction given as aberrations or bodymorphs in the New Breed book, but that's the closest I could come to anything related.

'Hatchers' is a term for Novas who use r-type reproduction, like wasps. basically injecting their young into other people, those young maturate fast, and usually kill the host in the process.

Hatchers are considered a direct threat to the survival of the human race, since it's extremely likely their offspring will be similar, and thus create a huge escalation effect. There's no consideration to do anything other than terminate hatchers.

I decided to give folks a hint of what I'm planning, and some opportunity to understand the way things are going to shift in the story from here.

Chapter 5 is ending, there will be no more chapters that are labeled 5, but 6 is not quite going to begin.. instead, we are about to enter an interlude period of three months... (which I've decided will end around August.. which means time line we're around the end of march).. Chapters in this period will be labled (Interlude.0.. or In.1, etc). I will be fairly generous with xp from fictions for this period.

What is going to happen at the end of the interlude period is the beginning of what shall become called the Jungle Wars.. this is actually going to start in Angola, due in part to the diamond smugglers down there, and resentment over the difference between them in the growing power of the Congo over the last 15 years. But also certain subtle hands will be at work behind the scenes to produce this result, something they have been working toward for the last decade or so. It's going to start with the setting off of a Gravity Bomb (same as the Crush event) in the capital of Angola, Luanda (they figured they were going to lose the city anyway) which they will initially blame on Congo and it's Chief/King.. he will of course, disavow such, and be believed by many.. but the hand behind this event will get things going quickly, and backroll the hiring of a mercenary company of novas (about 50 - 75), called the Chimera's Fire, who's average power was about the same as Einherjar's during the wars that ended with him in charge of Congo, but the company leadership will include at least one quantum 7 nova.. if it goes to the way I intend it, it's going to be one of the most ferocious conflicts on africa sense the Storm Wars (what some people call the wars that ended up with Einherjar in charge of the Congo). This will also create numreous situations where nova's have a chance to change, to either erupt from the populace, or go though apotheosis from intense stress and danger. Ein will get something of a hint of this at this point, both from Shen, and from his own spies, and Alex will figure out that a mastermind is behind this soon enough, likely Nyx herself.. even if someone stops the gravity bomb from going off, there are several backup plans involved. This event is the most serious attempt to destabilize the Congo and unseat Einherjar from his position in the last decade, sense it has become a refuge to 2nd generation and 1st generation breeder novas, and it may/should end up involving a number of other countries bordering Congo and Angola.. but it could may/should backfire on them... I have many other intricacies planned for this.. but this is something to start thinking about what and where you plan to do in the mix.. and what/where you plan to be/do during that time (Maia, Justin and Coraline will be training.. but I have some plans for that during the interlude too)..

So, where does Kamiko fit in all this, QF? If the Congo is the central most point of a point in time pivotal to history, I'm at the furthest from.

Just sort of confused where I should take things next, and with whom.

Wyrd's been conspiciously absent although I had opened things in my intro fic for something that was planned. Just not sure what that is.

Fortunately, nobody is currently waiting on me. I hope to post some more Ichigo-ness soon, but I've just been depressed and ill, which makes it hard to actually write. I have the stories for this and several other stories in my head or partially done, but even my DR fic isn't completed and I'm at the deadline for that.

Before anyone asks, it is just meds and life, not anything major happening. I have ok periods and bad ones--I don't get the high of manic periods--and this has just been a bit of bad.

Ok: in preparation for the next round of Storm Wars, and since I have Self-Aware on the constructs now... I'm gonna run by my first template.

Shadow Imp Ninjas (8 sux to make 1.)

Size: Sheep sized or smaller.

Attributes

Str 1, Dex 3, Sta 1

Int 2, Wits 5 (Clever), Per 5 (Observant)

Cha 2, Man 2, App 2

Skills

Awareness 3

Athletics 3

Martial Arts 3

Legerdemain 3

Stealth 3

Mega-Attributes

Deceptively Inhuman Strength: M-Strength 1 (Precision)

Quick as the Shades: M-Dexterity 1 (Catfooted)

Powers

Dark Claws: Claws 5

Dark Hiding: Invisibility 1 (Strengths and Weaknesses: +2 dice, Limited to Shadows and Darkness -2)

Dark Gate: Warp 1 (Strengths and Weaknesses: +2 dice, Limited to Shadows and Darkness -2)

Quantum Traits

Quantum 3

QP: 27

Breakdown Sheet

Size- 1 sux

2 Quantum dots - 2 sux

12 Attribute dots + 2 Mega Attribute dots - 10 NP -> 2 sux

3 Claws dots + 6 Attribute dots - 5 NP -> 1 sux

Quantum Pool point + 1 Warp dot + 15 Skill dots - 10 NP -> 2 sux

Thoughts

With an average QC roll total of 14, there can be 64 made in one use. They're meant as nighttime stealth assassins, with the bulk and quantum powerset intended for them to massacre baseline units. Put them in wait... then when you sleep... if you dare.. :D

Shaman - a note in Old Mother: Morri can't fly. Not with any reliability, anyway. When she said she'd keep pace, she meant on the ground. So Shaman would be flying and Morri would be running. Given his powers, he can't fly faster than she can run.

I have to congradulate Sakura for putting some of the arguements of the Children of Teras on the table better then I could by myself..

Her next words carried an offended tone, her eyes narrowed and her lips pursed in mostly checked anger. "How is my concern for my own safety a demand on the application of my powers? That is the only thing I want right now, and it has nothing to do with being willing or unwilling to use my powers for the benefit of the Teragen. If you or the organization could guarantee that safety while I worked, I would do so. The Congo, the city of Kinshasa and the palace in specific, grant that security, which is why I suggested setting up here. And if the Teragen lack so much, they should spend the time to work together to create for themselves what the Storm King has created here: a place for their own where they need not fear hunters or discrimination. Do not blame him for accomplishing what an entire nova organization has failed to do on their own. He is living proof that it can be done, which simply begs the question on why the Teragen or some faction within them haven't. Outside of this hidden Nursery controlled by two of your leaders, it seems."

Though there would be disagreement from Norman/Surge and the older 2nd generation such as Carnal as to the Nursery being controlled by anyone..

Archived