Mutants & Masterminds: Emerald City Sentinels - OOC: Emerald City Sentinels

jameson (ST)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: jameson (ST)
I'm going to lock in for Saturday the 23rd, 1 pm EST. I realize some cannot make it for that day, and I apologize but this is not likely to be the only time that schedules do not coincide.

Confirmed:

Trace
Relentless
Blitz
Incantatrix
Suprema

Unconfirmed:
Izanami
Long (?)

Out:
Picasso
TUM TUM

Jim, I may have to be unconfirmed; my sister has asked me to be available to get my brother in law home from the hospital after his surgery today. She can't drive because of the accident on Wed. I'll be there as much as I am able - I want to be there. But I may be a partial-show or no-show.

I'll put Blitz on-scene, just to be safe; if nothing else, she can get lost in the woods and miss the fun. laugh

those who wish to spend their PP need only ask me in chat or via this thread. once you have the ok please be sure to update all aspects of your sheet accordingly and provide a spoiler box accounting for PP gained and spent.

Thanks

I would like to spent my PP as an Alternate Effect of Suprema's Immunity which would grant her 10 Ranks of Regeneration. I hope this is ok with you?
Her artificially engineered DNA heals all damage as fast as it can.

OK Dawn, hopefully you can make it, if not we'll deal with it.

Joani, that's not an appropriate AE being that those effects are permanent.

Originally Posted By: DCA Pg. 125
Permanent effects cannot have Alternate Effects, nor can they be Alternate Effects (since they can’t be turned on and off).

Ahh, late hour decisions... I should've known better. But no problem, I go with Plan B from outer space and add Power-Lifting as an AE for her Super-Strength. 8 Ranks if I get it right, sorry for the obvious screw up, I hope this AE is ok, though?

Those who played yesterday, I'd like your feedback in regards to some things.

The number of Hero Points allotted during play. Too many? Too few?

Combat - too much? Was the threat too easy? Were the minions too numerous or too easy?

Any other comments are welcome as well, but these issues specifically I am still trying to lock down.

Hmm. Let's see. Hero points- I think it was good that you gave us a few more during the second Sortak fight. The way I saw it, we were running low, and he'd effectively gotten a full regeneration, but I'll get to that in a sec. Given that we had made a few full rounds without much success, I appreciate giving us one each. Gave us some oomph once we managed to get a grip on Sortak.

Combat- The first fight was good, no issues there. Second fight... well part of the problem was that the dice were simply being pestiferous. However, I do have two thoughts. One, Sortak had apparently been given a full refresh of health and such when he appeared.

I understand that this is four-color, and you portrayed it as the damage mostly being inflicted on armor, but Sortak was Staggered and -5 on penalties from being Injured. It was quite a vicious pummeling we gave him, so I feel credulity was strained a tad.

The other thing is both good and bad. The Sortak micro-rocket barrage is a rather nasty power, which I honestly thought was some sort of power stunt at first. Fortunately, I appreciate your restraint in using that power.

Originally Posted By: Mel Grimson
Combat- The first fight was good, no issues there. Second fight... well part of the problem was that the dice were simply being pestiferous. However, I do have two thoughts. One, Sortak had apparently been given a full refresh of health and such when he appeared.

I understand that this is four-color, and you portrayed it as the damage mostly being inflicted on armor, but Sortak was Staggered and -5 on penalties from being Injured. It was quite a vicious pummeling we gave him, so I feel credulity was strained a tad.

A fair critique, it was my thinking that he fled the room, changed to an undamaged exoskeleton, and then left the ship. Perhaps I should have had him use the recover action to remove the staggered condition before fleeing, instead of being done off camera.
Originally Posted By: Mel Grimson
The other thing is both good and bad. The Sortak micro-rocket barrage is a rather nasty power, which I honestly thought was some sort of power stunt at first. Fortunately, I appreciate your restraint in using that power.

This is a standard ranged burst area damage effect, with a 30 ft radius explosion he could only use it outdoors without being hit with it himself (which happened the second time it was used).

One of the things I was having a hard time with, in part because of the dice, was creating a credible threat. The PL 5 minion robots were clearly a little too easy to kill, and proved incapable of rendering injuries to the heroes at all. My refresh of Sortak was done in part to allow him a chance to level the playing field some and make it seem like he wasn't just a boob in a tinfoil suit.

I'm adding only feedback which has not been mentioned before (as in chat, for example).

I liked the Combat (and obviously part of this session was centered around the battle to rescue Suprema). I personally was surprised that we actually caught Sortak - I somehow was expecting that he would flee just before we would knock him down.

Aside from that and I know this is a difficult matter in general because on one hand we try to streamline the fights (make them faster) to save time for roleplaying (which should be the general focus imho) on the other hand that can lead to repetitive posts (some characters don't have much combat options aside from kicking or punching) - so it gets difficult to describe the action because the mechanic behind it is always the same.

I tried to be as detailed as possible given the format instead of posting "I punch him" and "I punch him again". Then again, we only had like 7 Combat rounds in total - to me that doesn't seem much, although it took half of the session. I'm not complaining, just reflecting my thoughts.

Just dropping the info that I won't be available for Chat-Sessions on Sat, 14th of May and the 21st neither since I'm on vacation till end of May from then on. Depending on the hotel's Internet-options I may be around or not, but I let you know ASAP if it is required.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all. The new PC is mine for the OW side of things (hence I posted him separate). Just lettin' y'all know. PCs who intend to take part in the live games should still be posted in that thread (for ease of reference), but if you wish to create a separate profile you may so long as they are both up to date. For those who don't wish to play in the live games, a separate thread for your PC is just fine.

I'm going to try and run a game on Saturday the 21st if people are around and interested.

Start time 1 pm eastern. Let me know if you are interested and can make it. I will hopefully have an opener posted in the next day or so.

I'm going to try and run a game on Saturday the 21st if people are around and interested.

Start time 1 pm eastern. Let me know if you are interested and can make it. I will hopefully have an opener posted in the next day or so.

I'm interested but have to work till 6pm my time. I could make it to the game with roughly 1 hour delay... if that is ok?

I'll be on vacation from Monday the 23rd till Monday the 30th. I won't be at home or near any computer with I-Net Access from Thursday the 26th till Sunday the 29th... BUT I will have my truste iPad and iPhone with me, which allows me to access the net.

We're going to spent a few days at a resort somewhere in the north of Germany with the kids and my In-Laws and depending on our activities there I may have time around the evening hours to check the site and post where I'm needed. If not I'll let you know.

I expect to maintain enough activity to keep things rolling, though.

Really sorry jameson. I do want to continue the fic. Been hellishly busy with 200x stuff, which is no excuse for not sparing some time when you're waiting on me. blush

I'll post there in the next 24 hrs.

I apologize for my late neglect of updates.

Let me explain:

1.) I was on vacation and now I'm again on vacation - till end of june btw.

2.) I'm in the process of moving to a new apartment. Next week I will be busy doing the floors of our new home, after that I have to fix up another room (my own hobby cellar).

3.) I've focused on two new projects - one of which I will put on ice for the time being - the other is joining 200x. I know I should be focusing more on my own games as ST/GM but sometimes I need some distraction and Fahrenheit is one of my favourite PCs ... so I apologize if things are running a bit slow for the next weeks.

Don't worry - consider it a "summer break" - depending on how "done" I am after *work* - if I feel like it I will post - if not, I will hang out in chat and keep in touch with you all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok folks,

I'm back and will try to catch up as fast as I can. Thank you for holding out so long, but I really had no chance at all to take some time off and dedicate it to the site.

The move went more or less smoothly and Internet-access has been established which means, I'll be around again on a regular schedule (read - as usual).

Updates come this week!

Alrighty - I started the Fic... and I'd like to know from Jameson if it is up to us to describe such details as the location of the AEGIS-Building and such? Is it an "official" Building or something less obvious?

Will you as GM/ST participate or is this entirely up to us? I know you provided some details for this fic but it doesn't tell us much about the "background" and "setting".

Hope to hear from you.

Archived