World of Darkness: The Darkness of Space - New Game: The Darkness of Space

LydaLynn

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: LydaLynn
Tejah Ebadi - Vortican is playing Mik I messaged you about.

Got the message, sent one back.

Originally Posted By: LydaLynn
Can I get a quick tally on who is planning on taking the free true love merit? Just a 'yes' or 'no' post is fine.

No thank you. smile

Hi all. It looks like I'll be joining this merry band, and not even miss the starting of the game. I met LydaLynn on Free Comic Book day, we got to talking, and this happened to come up. It has been far too long since I had the chance to rp, and have never tried doing so on a forum, so we'll see how well I adapt. Character is currently being built, but if Lyda responds to my last pm tonight, she should have my character ready for her approval by tomorrow.

Edit: Oh, and while I'm interested in the True Love merit you are offering, I don't think I'm want to know who you would hook this particular character up with, so I'm gonna have to turn you down.

How much of a character description should I put in my sig for this game? I've never done rp by forum before, but I have noticed that several of you have character data in your sigs.

Originally Posted By: Wyrd
How much of a character description should I put in my sig for this game? I've never done rp by forum before, but I have noticed that several of you have character data in your sigs.

However much you like. I know that seems like a weenie thing to say, but there is no "should". I provide the basics for my PCs because it helps others compare at a glance. It's easy for someone who's 5'6" and taller to figure out that they're looking down at my MA PC, as an example.

I personally appreciate it when I see people list height, weight, hair color and eye color.

How is this for a description? I want enough for quick reference, but things like clothing are likely to change unless you are seeing me in the office.

Also, is this a good place to put any out of character discussion or comments on the game? I'm sure you would rather keep them out of the main story thread, but sometimes we are going to need to talk in terms of the numbers on our character sheets to get a clear picture of each other. I've known far too many players to grossly exaggerate their abilities when being descriptive, sometimes in the hope that the GM/ST won't check if they can actually do it.

How is this for a description? I want enough for quick reference, but things like clothing are likely to change unless you are seeing me in the office.

Dude, that is just about perfect for me. It gives me an idea of what your PC looks like at a glance. Thanks!

Quote:
Also, is this a good place to put any out of character discussion or comments on the game? I'm sure you would rather keep them out of the main story thread, but sometimes we are going to need to talk in terms of the numbers on our character sheets to get a clear picture of each other. I've known far too many players to grossly exaggerate their abilities when being descriptive, sometimes in the hope that the GM/ST won't check if they can actually do it.

Traditionally, this IS the place to do it. Lyda might set up OOC threads for specifics - they are handy for things like combat. For for general stuff, this is great.

So what is your character doing right now? Only three of us have posted in the actual thread so far, though maybe you are still on your way/haven't had your character approved/aren't taking part in the actual game/using a different handle in game/etc.

So what is your character doing right now? Only three of us have posted in the actual thread so far, though maybe you are still on your way/haven't had your character approved/aren't taking part in the actual game/using a different handle in game/etc.

I worked all day (this is Dawn OOC) or spent a couple of hours getting groceries or seeing my new nieces. I'm approved, I'll be posting, I just haven't had the time until just now.

I know... you await my glory. Well, soon you shall bask in it.

... btw, I recommend basking in my glory in the nude. Just sayin'. laugh

Ah, just curious. Do you have to set up a different account to have a different handle for when you are writing out of character?

Also realized that I failed to note that my character is a human female mage. Given the number of races and supernatural varieties present in this story, all of those details are kind of important.

Ah, just curious. Do you have to set up a different account to have a different handle for when you are writing out of character?

No, it is not required. Some people prefer to have a single account. Others, like me, have an account for each PC. I personally like to see an appropriate avie for the PC I'm dealing with, but that's personal preference. smile

Archived