[OpNet] Powers and art.

Wakinyan

Right now I am trying to control some of my coloration and "illusion" powers to be more exact. Hopefully I will have some excellent artwork to show off with them soon. I recall Avatar doing a lot of artwork with his powers do any of you have sparks of creativity?

I have to say it is very nice to have powers now that don't involve destruction.

My ability to appreciate art increased on eruption. My mind seemed to suddenly understand shading, perspective and the like much better, this did increase my own ability to draw and take photos but not to any great degree. Still I'm not complaining as even stuff I'd previously dismissed as rubbish became filled with a new significance. By way of example, 'Slashed Canvas', became the perfect slash in an archetypal canvas rather than the piece of crap I'd perceived when Baseline.

Come to think of it, my warp-gates look like pictures hanging in space, I have used them artistically but that is probably cheating unless you view it as a work of performance art.

I don't know anything about using my powers for artistic purposes.....unless you count acting.

"Hellbilly, I want you to act like the fire is killing you."

"Does that mean I have to stop laughing?"

"ummm. Yes."

The horrors of being ticklish.

On a side note, what happened to everyone? I hit the round to Chicago and half the class shuts up in my absence. What's up kids? Where are you?

[size:3]I tread the depths of space and the bottom of the ocean. I need neither sleep, nor food, nor light, nor air.

I scoff at such such feeble baseline notions as having a job :P

Having said that maybe I could busk my way around the cosmos, showing distant places through my warpgates. Earn the price of an Ampwell with a sort of travelling street entertainer-cum-artist show.

"Spare 50 euros guv for a vision of Martian dust storms over the Mare Acidalium, or peek inside ya neighbours bedroom, winkwink say-no-more."

Well, art is largely what my "powers" are. I sing,and control sound. i have other abilities, but those are the big ones to me. The sad thing is that I have to limit what I sing around some people,mainly baselines for fear of heath problems or risks.

Walker, let the poor boy have an ego, or I will have to point out everything silly you have said..Do you really want that?

Honestly Miss you just wouldn't have the time to list all the silliness my audience-seeking, desperately craves attention, quantum fuelled ego creates. Believe. I was staying on topic in the only way I know how. Tell us more about your art, how do you control sound, why is it dangerous?

Totem How is the art comming along? Is it all just psychedelic patterns and lights or can you conjure stuff that looks so real you couldn't tell it apart from reality?

Depends, I have practiced with my coat so much my fur and feathers can pretty much look like whatever I want. Even logos if I was so inclined. :rolleyes:

As for the illusion part it seems to be to have aspects of colored smoke right now. The more I work with it the better I get but I doubt it will ever be as crisp and real as reality. I have masterd a few things like fire, water and some animals but human expressions are hard and the only time I ever nailed it was during the Pow Wow.

Many told me after the Sun Dance that it felt very real to them but every time I try to get to the level of that moment I kinda space out and don't get to see much of what I am doing.

I doubt I will ever do a exhibition of my carvings. They are more therapy than public consumption. But who knows.

Totem I take it you were actually more aware during the Pow Wow? Maybe if you were to recreate something of the circumstances and/or pressure of the Pow Wow then you could find the focus that allowed you that level of control. I find it often true that the pressure we find ourselves under forces us to grow in unexpected ways.

I've had experiences where the power-flow mades me space out, as it were, with practice I can now remain fully aware at all times. But it does take practice, imagination and discipline, lots of it. Once you've got the knack of it though it becomes as easy as falling off a log and you wonder how you could never do it before.

Stigmata I've seen the results of your artwork on a few people close up, very impressive I must say. I know, or at least I've heard, that you have the ability to control blood. If it's not too stupid/personal a question how exactly does that work, does the way you control or communicate with blood effect the type of art you do?

I've had the pleasure of viewing the artistic endeavor's of a few dozen Nova artists and I have to say that I sit in awe of much of it.

Amazing, truly amazing.

Willhelm Gurre had an amazing piece I had on display for awhile. He sculpted heat. Absolutely breathtaking.

I like making little figures out of fire. Well, shaping it and making it look like things. But mostly, I can do absolutely fucking killer ritual scarification with fire. You know, ritual branding and the like. I'm like a freaking tattoo artist with fire when I really put my heart into it. Of course, it hurts like hell, and I can't help that, but if you want the art, you gotta pay the price for it! Trust me, I've been to Stigmata's place, and I know.

Walker, It's only my blood that I control, it's just an extension of myself like another limb. I can almost feel others blood but it's just out of my grasp and although I can almost touch it, it's just too far. The way that it effects my art, is that it is my art. I can do a lot more with it that I can my big clumsy fingers.

Juri's scarifications are frickin impressive. If anyone is looking for a truly transcendental experience, then you really should consider seeking her out.

Don't know about the rest of you but I always find the way quantum expresses in other Novas fascinating. Gives me ideas for expanding my own powers. Thanks for the enlightenment Stigmata. I feel I must now go and contemplate how and if it would be possible to use my warpgates like a leg.

My biggest problem when it comes to the whole tattoo/scarification route is getting it to stick. I had some great work done by Visceratika in LA that only lasted about a week. Shame too.

Random Observation: Why is it that the only novas that I know that do this kind of work are all dangerously cute and attractive?

Not that I'm complaining.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ian 'Very Bad' Blakely:
I once hit someon so hard in the back of his head that his eyes shot out like twin bullets and trailed energy behind them out into the dark night. Made me think of tiny shooting stars.
Somehow that is so gorehound hardcore. Why do I want a t-shirt that says that all of a sudden?

Btw VB, do you "like the pretty lights?"

If I could I would volunteer for either Stig or Juri to work on me but... Not much use of branding my hide when it probably wouldn't stick and even if it did the fur and feathers would hide it. On the plus side I can color myself however I want so tats are more a matter of current mood. Right now my left wing says "Fuck off Wasicu" and my right wing has a air force symbol. For some reason that amused me.

VB really enjoys the art of violence and while the splatter of blood and the crunch of bones does something for me I wouldn't call it my only muse.

Quote:
Originally posted by Regan 'Saimhe' McLachlan:
I've been doing illuminated manuscripts for years
I seem to recall Crowley and Solomon working on Illuminated manuscripts. (Illuminatus Verdantis?)Methinks that you're talking about something else. For the life of me, all I can picture in my mind are "books that light up"...
HEY KiDS! Throw That Night light in the Trash...Sammy's got a new trick that'll make you scream....Books that GLOW."
I obviously don't have a clue.

For some reason I'm reminded of my part-time job at Waldenbooks. In the Erotica section they had a book entitled: Hydrophiliac or something. World's first waterproof book: a bunch of randy stories about being in the bathtub, ocean, or pool. The trick? The world's first Laminated book. :sigh:
Exquisite Corpse is still one of the best love stories I've ever read. smile
:ends bizarro tangent:

Miss Parks, sometimes the legal profession seems like The Devil's Advocate, The Firm, or A Few Good Men. But many times it seems like To Kill A Mockingbird or Amistad. There's still plenty of souls still in their proper places at the courthouse.

But you'd be surprised how many American judges have a sense of humor and creativity. Some even write their decisions as poems.

One could say that art is something that is task that can be done by many people and never seem to the same. I mean by this, ten people can take pictures of the same car,and do so in ways that are all different. But no mater how many people you sit in a room,and tell them to add 1 plus 1, they will always end with 2.

I am an artist of sorts, but I tend to study,reflect and change people on the inside.If I were to do the same thing for two people, I would get different results,and thus I consider myself an artist.

Tarot, I do have to say that I wish you the best of luck. You are indeed very talented, but I hope you do not grow complacent with your skills,and gifts.

Archived