A World-Building Request

Vivi OOC

I realize that this is going to tread on a few toes, but my intent is not to be contentious. Some of the newer ideas being promoted on the forums are cooperative world-building exercises intended to provide the foundation for a game setting. This is awesome.

Slightly less awesome is that there isn't always an explicit statement that the pool of participants is limited, or has already been chosen. I would ask politely, for the sake of everyone on the boards who may potentially be interested in what you're proposing, that anyone beginning one of these threads please clarify from the outset whether it's meant to be exclusive or not, since anyone can read the threads.

I realize that all of us get caught up in the rush of new ideas, and want to get things started as quickly as possible, but it would run much more smoothly (and eliminate a considerable amount of confusion) for everyone if we all knew the score should someone else decide to try their hand at this in the future. It's easy to forget that sort of detail, and this isn't by any means condemnation or finger-pointing.

I hope I haven't ruffled too many feathers in asking, but it's been on my mind recently. Please feel free to add input if you have any!

I think this situation has already been handled, but I want to comment to make it "official." I agree completely with Vivi's request. The gaming rules require that players be notified in the discussion thread if new players are being accepted or not.

Archived