Aberrant RPG - Has something nasty happened to Aberrant?

SJEllis

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought a new Changeling book from Arthaus and ther is an ad of what they will publish for the rest of the year:

for Aberrant:

Aberrant:Underworld (July)

Aberrant:Brainwave (September)

Aberrant:Nexus (November)

Aberrant:Brutte Force (December)

and for Trinity:

Tere Verde (July)

Asia Ascendant (December)

by the way, I have read every Arthouse book for Changeling and they are very good, even better than the old White Wolf books.

So I am really looking foreward to the new Aberrant books from Arthaus.

That's a common observation, that arthaus book are usually much better then normal line book.

Mayhap because there is much less of a rush to get them out.

You know, they really should get a 'fan boy' to run Aberrant... somehow someone who makes a huge rant like KB did in the APG can't really be happy to be doing what he is doing...

Bah, no way. "Fan boy" syndrome is what happened to Dungeons and Dragons. What happened, you ask? A frickin' collectable card game company (Wizards of the Coasts) bought it.

Sorry, still very sore about this. WoTC didn't screw up 3rd ed at least, but it still gets me all riled up when I think about it.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you put a fan boy in charge of something, you're taking a dangerous gamble. Because the person might be so crazy about the game that they actually understand the entirity of its theme (a rare occurance), or her might be so crazy about the game that he only sees the themes he WANTS to see.

Still, anybody would be better then somebody who seem to dispise the game and the people who play it.

And beside... your card company improved D&D... "A fanboy is what happened to D&D" and the result was an all around general improvement and more publicity... just how is that a bad thing?

And I don't think the reason Aberrant was Arthaused is because they told KB to take a break since Aberrant was doing so well it could alienated the goth/poochie gangs.

That's dumb logic, especially when you consider that Hunter: The Reckoning sold more then both Trinity and Aberrant put together (it sucks, I know) and Hunter isn't even close to tackling the big 3 yet... And by the way, H:tR is 'alienating' a lot more people then Aberrant could ever hope to do.

Perhaps Aberrant wouldn't have been Arthaused if they still had a permanenet developper... but it wasn't doing that good... it's selling better then Trinity yes, but I don't even know about Changeling.

We can hope it's going to be Arthaus' best seller, that way it will be the most likely to be un-arthaused.

• 3 weeks later...

LOL, guess we found out what they consider offensive. don't doubt that some of you will notice that I'm not on it anymore.

guess why?

Only thing I'll miss is discussing the game. But since WW wont allow us not to post our dislike for anyone that works there, or the quality of their work we'll never kn

Archived