Aberrant RPG - Speculation fun - Caroline Fong

iamthedave

Her - really vague - write up in the Teragen bok says she can 'sense and channel the ambient energy in whole new ways, internalizing and augmenting it'

They also gave her a versatility of 9.

So she's got explodium quantum bolt... but what else? I figure something like bodymorph - energy makes sense, maybe transmit, then some sort of modified elemental mastery power?

Sorry if this has been done before, I searched but couldn't see anything. I'm pondering because I'm thinking of having her in my game, or at least a character very similar to her who serves the same purpose (inventing Teras).

Presumably she's got mega-int and mega-perception (she helped build the big C). That might also include mega-wits.

After that a 9 in versatility implies she's got several suite powers.

Matter Cham?

Elemental Mastery: Whatever energy she currently "is" (or some other energy).

She might even have several EMs.

Adaptability.

Absorbtion(energy), maybe with that ranged extra. Presumably she wouldn't funnel into strength, but maybe into EM or MC.

Matter Chameleon would make sense, Absorption would definitely need to be adapted somehow. How might you 'funnel' it? Extra successes on the EM roll?

I think she's meant to be a raw quantum manipulator. The write up seems pretty specific on that. But there's no real power that covers it so I guess that doesn't work.

I'd have to say that Mental: Prodigy Philosophy is a given, as well as Quantum Attunement.

Absorption normally increases str, but it can be used for other stats. Using it for a power is a bit of a reach, but it might be possible.

And "raw quantum manip" isn't a power, it's a theme. Just buy all the powers with the word "Quantum" in them plus Disrupt.

I wouldn't have said Disrupt. That seems to be Mal's big gimmick.

Pity she never came out of her chrysalis in the canon. Be interesting to see what would have happened, what she learned etc. She seemed the most interesting character of the Teragen to me.

I'd have thought Bodymorph: Energy post-Chrysalis as well. Seems a natural development from massive energy manipulation to BEING it. And maybe Transmit with it?

Possibly even have Bodymorph as a permanent power as her aberration. She's probably sitting on taint/chrysalis 4/5, so she'd have three or four aberrations, most of them probably physical.

Actually, there is a part in one of the books discussing how she seems to shift while in the cocoon to respond to whatever they are doing, by them, I mean the group of Utopians who are experimenting on her.. I'd favor some sort of Shapeshift power upon exiting Chrysalis.. or some degree of adaptation capability.

Archived