Aberrant: Dead Rising - Chapter 12c: Fallout Baby

Dawn OOC

As always when V touched him James found it hard to think. What he really wanted to do was... later. He looked hard at V, glanced at Han, then decided V would tell Han anyway.

James said evenly, "I just figured it out and confirmed it with Myf. With the single exception of Nashwa, only supers have gotten pregnant since Z-day."

James fear wasn't even personal, humanity was looking at extinction.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Venus glanced briefly back at Han before she looked back to James.

“How ironic.“, she smiled as she slung one arm around James‘ waist just as she used to when they were lovers.

“That means I’ve got a valuable power at my disposal – everything is starting to make sense now. This also means going to Olympus is inevitable because once this becomes public people will go crazy again, especially if their only way to become pregnant is to receive my blessing. I’m going to need more protection than ever and Olympus is far better suited to guarantee my safety. Tell the Covenant about this, they’ll understand that there’s no other option but to come with us. Their connection to me will only make their lives here more complicated when people start asking questions.“, she gently stroked over his massive arm and tried to ease his tension and his worry by sharing the positive emotions she was feeling.

“We will survive and I won’t deny anyone’s request to receive my blessing as long as they respect me. Don’t worry my love, we will prevail.“, Venus smiled and looked at Han as she slowly urged James to walk towards her room upstairs.

“Looks like I’m adding quiet some assets to the Pantheon, Han.“, Venus mused flashing him her irresistible smile. It was up to Han to put this to his best advantage for Olympus, Venus would just be herself and she wouldn’t be the Goddess of Love, Lust, Desire and Fertility if she denied her followers her blessings...

Somewhat relieved that V saw both the security issue and seemed willing to be generous with her 'gift', James said, "Any idea how often you can give out your blessing? And this is worst case guesswork. The Coven is trying to convince itself Kristin and Nashwa prove any mixed couple can reproduce. You taking credit for Nashwa makes that harder."

V's arm around his waist brought back memories which threatened to harden other things. James looked at Han and asked, "How about it? Any mixed couples in Olympus? You said someone is expecting, let me guess, female super? Does it seem reasonable there are no pregnant non-supers?"

James watched Han alertly, and not just because he might shoot down James horror theory. If Han was with V, then it was worth watching how he'd react to her touching James.

"We'll talk on this elsewhere," Han said simply, his body remaining relaxed even as Venus pressed herself against Ares. “I don’t feel that the area here is suitable for discussions of such… depth. We can go into details once we’re safe in Olympus. Speaking of, Venus dearest – you should get packed. I don’t think we’re welcome here, and you still need to collect Jill.

“And you, Ares,” Han added with a glance still empty of jealousy, “don’t you have some packing to do, too? Are you going to come to Olympus with us?”

"I agree my love. I shall hastily finish packing", Venus smiled contently and gave James a gentle kiss on his cheek before she released her arm from him. On her way upstairs she made a short detour to give Han a pationate kiss her hands softly holding his face.

"Please sent Jill upstairs when she arrives, I don't have much time looking out for her and there's still alot to do.", she didn't wait for a reply and left through the door which led upstairs.

Han's men were busy figuring out what belonged to Venus and what could be transported and what had to be left behind. Venus shuffled through her closets sorting underwear, dresses and other pieces that could barely pass as clothing. Bast couldn't believe how someone could keep so many different items to wear like Venus, especially since many weren't even her size, they looked as if they belonged to someone very petite in comparison.

It didn't take long and Jill came back after hearing from several guards thiat Violet had come back, but also that something was going on. By the vague rumors she heard probably an issue between V, Dan and James. It was a matter of time before that became an issue an Jill wasn't surprised at all when she heard from it.

As she entered the building she saw James and a stranger whom she had just seen from the distance. Jill furrowed her brows and James just nodded upwards making it clear that Violet was there. The non-verbal communication was acknowledged with a sharp nod and a determined look and Jill followed through to get upstairs.

"What is... Going on here?", Jill asked not quiet sure what all the commotion was about. "Are you leaving?"

"Yes my love, and you're coming with me. Hercules is waiting downstairs for you, he'll help you carry your stuff since it is by far the heaviest we have.", Venus was in the middle of sorting shirts and pants.

"But... I don't want to go, I like it here.", Jill pritested but there was little reaction from her lover.

"Are you even listening? I was worried to death because of you. You said yu'd be back soon. That was half a day ago. Violet, I don't understand...", Jill was trapped between getting angry and her feelings for Violet. Each time she looked at her she felt how an overwhelming love quenched the fire in her guts, but rationally she knew something was really wrong, she just couldn't make an emotional connection to that sense of dread since all she could feel was love.

"It's going to be ok, Honey. We'll move to Olympus, a far nicer place than the Refuge and better suited to cater to our needs.", Venus brushed with her hand over her womb smiling happily.

"We? And when was I involved in making that decision? Everyone I love and care for lives here, why should we go to that Olympus place, Violet. All our friends are here in the Refuge. Your family lives here.", Jill was referring to JoAnna and the Covenant.

"They come with us, of course. I'm confident Ares will take care of that. We don't have much time left, honey. Please go downstairs and make alist of the stuff you need, Hercules will take care of it, ok. I'll make it up to you, I promise."

Jill face froze with cold hatred. There, she said it again, I'll make it up to you, I promise., how many times did she hear that excuse in the last weeks? And how many times did Violet keep her promise? Nil, Zero, nada.

Jill, clenched her fists, muscles straining under her skin as it took all her willpower to oppose Violet, to deny the influence she had over her and si,ply do as she requested. This time she would draw a line.

"No", she said firmly, her voice still barely over a whisper.

"No!", she repeated, feeling how she managed to break free and feel what she wanted to feel.

"I stay, I'm sick of your games, sick of your excuses and empty promises. Do whatever you want Violet. Go on this silly trip or whatever it means to you, I won't take any part in it. Olympus. Hercules, you must be fucking kidding me!", it felt good speaking her mind but she also felt how tiring it was, how much strength it took her to wrench herself out of Violet's control over her.

Tears ran down her cheeks in small rivulets, "You're taking a path I can't follow, Violet. I don't recognise you anymore. What happened to us? What happened to your promise?"

"But I kept my promise, Jill. You're always in my heart, I love you."

Jill could feel the slow, sublime influence Violet was trying to establish again. It felt good and terrible at once. Maybe she was wrong and Violet was right. She always protected her, gave her ecpverything she wanted, but something was still not right.

"Don't", Jill pleaded, slowly backing out of the room. Her time was running out and if she stayed longer, Violet would make her leave but she knew for certain that she wanted to stay.

"Stop it!", she yelled at Violet and the ran away. It felt to her as if she had to yank herself away from something that was threatining to drown her with a honey like stickiness. It tasted good but it also meant her death.

Jill took the stairs in flight of 3s and 4s breaking through the door and ignoring the men. She simply ran, ran like there was no tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC
“And you, Ares,” Han added with a glance still empty of jealousy, “don’t you have some packing to do, too? Are you going to come to Olympus with us?”
A hair uncertainly James nodded and said, "Yessss...." I still need to clear this with my ladies.... and was then distracted by Violet Venus walking away.

How does that go? I hate to see you go but I love to watch you walk away? If Han is jealous then he hides it well. No, make that, 'he hides it well'.

As for moving... what's the worst thing that can happen if we don't? No more children and the extermination of humanity. But no pressure.

James said more forcefully, "Yes." and walked out of Violet's to go back to his family.

Venus stood there for a moment and looked down. She knew that she'd hurt Jill but Jill should've known that regardless of her actions it never changed her feelings for her. Jill should've known better.

Venus sighed and dropped the clothes she had just picked up and went after her. Downstairs she found Han but no sign of Jill. The Goddess briefly hesitated and wanted to go after her, call her back when Han intercepted her.

"Let her go, we pick her up later.", he reached with one hand for her perfectly beautiful face and smiled at her catching her eyes. Venus looked at him, her eyes showing the conflict she was going through and then her look softened.

Nodding she agreed, "You're probably right. I... I'm upstairs, we're almost done.", she gave him a gentle kiss and went back to her room...

Several human residents of Olympius followed Venus up, asking to help. She set them to packing, sorting through her and Jill's things - dismantling a life together. Part of her was a little sad, but she also knew that Jill would come around, after some time. Nodding to herself, she turned her focus to preparation.

With the humans helping, she was done relatively soon. The humans carried down the boxes; Hercules came up to get a few heavy items. Then she was alone in the room she'd shared with James, Jill, Jo and Dan. It seemed very loud and empty now.

James walked back into his tent, nodded to Nashwa, and said cryptically to his family, "And then there were none." He'd been thrilled Nashwa was pregnant and he still was... but a small voice inside him pointed out she wasn't entirely his doing. Maybe, maybe, maybe she would have caught anyway... but more likely standing in this room he was effectively sterile.

James said to Helen, "I couldn't see anything wrong with your line of reasoning. It was one of those glass-is-half-full-or-half-empty kind of things. I worried at it then realized we had a bartender who could just answer the question. Without telling V anything about why I wanted to know, I asked her if she'd 'helped', and she fessed up. Yes, she did. I thanked her because I'm great with this but..." James smiled at Nashwa, if she'd asked V for help behind the scenes then it was a great move.

James looked away from Nashwa and towards a dark future and continued, "But that means there's none. I can think of some other mixed couples too, nothing conclusive, everyone lies about this and we can't be sure. Heck, maybe it's still an illusion, chance combined with birth control... but there's none here, and in my travels I haven't tripped over it elsewhere. The other community has only one pregnant woman and they're our size."

James gave a half shrug, the future was grim, he'd deal with it. He said a little more cheerfully, "Which brings us to Olympus. I deeply suspect V hasn't chosen this place because of it's security... but I'm impressed. Their setup makes this place look weak. Heck, it makes Hawaii look insecure. They wouldn't need to care or do anything if 10 million zombies took up residence next door. They've got the defensive equivalent of Fox's nuclear weapons."

James continued, "They've built a city underground by taking over one of the large cave systems. They also have roughly our super contingent, including a super with Fox's warping transport power. They have drinking water via an underground river, and the same thing gives them electricity. The system is a constant comfortable temperature and... well... even without the whole V-issue it sounds like a step up."

James paused to see how everyone was taking this.

“Have we verified this?” Janella was the first to speak, looking suspicious. Mentioning Violet in any conversation was likely to make her instantly dislike anything mentioned with it.

“I’m sure it’s ok if Violet likes it,” Joanna said, her voice still calm and mild. She smiled at James as he looked at her. “I mean, it’s Violet. She wouldn’t hurt us. And if you think it’s good, we should go.”

“Oh fuck me!” Jan shouted, throwing out her arms. “Can you please stop this nonsense? Violet is not the end all and be all of everything! And James is our… husband, not our king!” She turned to James. “I want to see this place before we agree to move there. I want to talk to the people there and see how they treat their people. We need to know, for Nash’s sake even more than ours.” Like all of the women, she’d become more protective of Nashwa as her pregnancy had progressed.

Jan's words struck a cord in James and he nodded in agreement and reaffirmed, "Yes. Husband, not King. And none of us have seen this. And we don't question V's intentions, just her judgment." In the back of his mind James wondered what was going on with Jo, but decided he'd need to worry about that later.

James looked at dark possibilities and decided they needed to know, "However. I'm worried about how Nashwa and the rest of you will be treated here."

James gave a vague hand wave at the camp and said seriously, "This is going to get ugly. Right now there's the red tent and your husband is walking War." James liked the word 'husband'. "People may grumble but they won't actually do anything. On the wall I've been hearing speculation about fertility, people outside this room are already wondering. Soon they'll know."

James presented, "I think it will fall out one of two ways. Way number one, V goes public and starts helping couples. When people find out about Nashwa they'll figure V did it."

"Way number two, without V here I think people won't believe she did anything. People believe what they want to, what gives them the most hope. When Nashwa's condition is known, they'll think either she's a very weak super or that I've been rounding up the fertile women."

"Regardless," Helen said, "we need to figure out what we're doing here. I want to see this place before we move there, not after. I really want to see their medical facilities, so that we know what we can expect with Nash's brith."

"Sounds like we all need to head over to where this guy is and get directions," Jan said, still looking pissed.

"I'm sure we'll love it," Joanna said, rising to her feet. "Let's go!"

"I think Helen's right, as she usually is," Nash said, giving her 'sister-wife' a wry grin. As the pretty blonde vet dipped her head in acknowledgement, Nash added, "Let's make sure that the facilities are a step up. I know safety is the most important, but I'd like to have some creature comforts."

Several human residents of Olympius followed Venus up, asking to help. She set them to packing, sorting through her and Jill's things - dismantling a life together. Part of her was a little sad, but she also knew that Jill would come around, after some time. Nodding to herself, she turned her focus to preparation.

With the humans helping, she was done relatively soon. The humans carried down the boxes; Hercules came up to get a few heavy items. Then she was alone in the room she'd shared with James, Jill, Jo and Dan. It seemed very loud and empty now.

Venus walked to the window and stared outside wondering if that special note she found a few weeks ago was from Han or not. She sighed knowing that the answer to that question didn’t make any difference now. Han had awakened her, everything else was... secondary with the exception of her unborn children.

She turned around and looked into the room – it appeared very large now, barren. A faint smile crossed her beautiful face as she recalled some of the more vivid encounters she had shared here with her lovers. So much had happened in so little time – it almost felt like a lifetime to her but in reality only a mere weeks, barely months had passed.

The exaggerately proportioned bombshell slowly reclined to the floor placing an oldfashioned notepad on her thigh and started writing a letter to Dan.

Click to reveal..
I want you to know why I made this decision. I would’ve prefered telling you face to face but you know the nature of my powers bears a certain risk for emotional breakouts and escalation.

I know I surprised you with quiet a many things, especially concerning my world-view and beliefs. I should’ve explained myself better but I didn’t. I believed that my feelings and my intuition would guide us both.

Like so many other decisions in the past I choose the wrong path but I wasn’t strong enough, was too scared to accept the truth because I wanted to be your wife soo much. I wanted to be your partner and faithful, just like I promised but I failed to keep it. You can believe me that I tried although I am not asking for your forgiveness since what I did cannot be forgiven.

But I can’t deny my nature. I can’t deny who I am. I was lost before, I was struggling to find my place and now I have certainty. For me that is a huge step up – it means a lot to me because I am not dependent on someone else’s luck to feel happiness myself. My feelings, my love is far too great to be given to one heart alone. I simply can’t. I don’t expect you to accept that but I do hope you’ll understand one day.

I love you, Dan. We’re always together, bound by our children – all five of them.

V.

She folded the paper in an oldfashioned way like it was an envelope by itself and went to Ashley’s room where she carefully knocked on the door. The young teenager opened the door and gasped briefly at the voluptous bombshell. Venus made Kristin look like a girl in comparison and something about Venus‘ presence was unsettling... unnatural although her beauty was more than exceptional. Ashley didn’t know if she admired or hated her.

“Would you be so kind and give this letter to Dan Hawkins, I won’t have a chance to hand it over to him personally. Thank you.“, Venus waited briefly to see acknowledgment in Ashley’s eyes and then smiled at her turning away and heading downstairs.

Fortunately Han was still lounging at the bar, supervising his followers. Next to him was Hercules, who piled the heavy stuff nearby eyeing Venus‘ approach with a youthful, yet inviting grin. He didn’t hide that he liked her a lot and he had to shift his stance a little to accomodate for the growing fire in his loins that her openly displayed cleavage provoked. Han chuckled, knowing what effect she had and extended one arm to draw her closer to him.

“Ares is gone?“, she asked already knowing the answer.

„Yes – he went to talk to his women.“, Han replied nuzzling her neck briefly and even though Venus very much appreciated his caress she wasn’t far from done here and until then he had to wait for her to answer his intimacy.

“Can you take me to their tent? Teleport preferably?“, she asked him looking in his nonexistant eyes smiling at him and giving him a gentle kiss.

Deciding to quit while he was ahead, James quietly nodded in agreement with JoAnna and Helen and held open the tent for everyone. The situation was... complicated. One core reality was he was right, the world was going to change even if they did nothing. Make that 'especially' if they did nothing. If he had to fill a large number of graves to protect Nashwa, then he did, but he'd prefer not. In a lot of ways she was his great hope. Her example might/should/would convince the others they should have children too.

Good Grief. It's like they all have JoAnna's implant and there's no expiration date. Patience and great sex isn't enough, nature won't just take her course. That's... unfair? A game changer? Suck it up boyo, your 'I win' card won't work here.

As always his crew was a magnet for male eyes. Four young attractive women with one guy. James added to himself, Oh yeah, it's a hard life being a super, you have so many problems. Tough luck guys, the ladies just called me husband, I figure we just got married. I'd feel great if it weren't for the whole sterility thing... and no, I don't share. Definitely a day to remember for it's ups and downs. I should have just called them wives before without asking Fox for permission.

James and his crew reached the edges of Violet's and they saw the activity in the area. James knocked next to the open door to V's and he called in, "Yo!"

Venus was startled by the sudden knock on the door but recognised Ares' voice which made her smile. It was easier this way unless he came with bad news.

Leaning casually against Han Venus shouted back with her mellflouos voice, "We're here, my love."

Ares entered with his women which Venus openly welcomed trying to make them feel as comfortable as possbile by staying close to Han and showing her affection for him. She had no intention to threaten the status quo of Ares' wives.

"We were just about to seek you out.", Venus explained her eyes lingering here and there over Ares' massively muscular body. Just looking at him gave her a nice and warm feeling and whatever Circe had done last night it was slowly wearing off. While the absence of her sexual urge had been a welcomed change and it certainly helped her deal with the situation at the Refuge it was strangely comforting knowing that it was still there for it was such a defining trait of hers.

Just when her lingering look would've been too much Venus set her eyes on his women focussing mostly on Nashwa "We have enough personell to help you move and pack your belongings. Just let us know what needs to be transported, there's enough space for everyone."

Violet was, as always, an eye magnet... but James could tell she was trying to avoid that path and so was he. Her face is up there, don't look below her neck. You're spoken for... and so is she. And we have confirmation, Han is the new Dan. I envy/sympathize with him.

James said, "We'd like a tour of the place before moving. First rule of real estate; 'Put your foot on the land before you buy.'"

Something had happened. V could feel James felt much happier/relaxed/settled than before. If she didn't know better she'd think he'd just had sex.

Venus could read Ares like an open book and something about him was blatantly obvious that he was feeling very, very fine. The expression in his eyes, the slight smirk in his face and his general body language were all signs for that she picked up like a pleasant scent.

"That makes sense of course, my dear. I'm sure you're going to like it, we have plenty of space for everyone."

Venus traced with one hand over Han's broad chest but her amethyst glowing eyes remained on Ares. He knew that smile of hers, its seductive implication had an almost irresistable force and he almost felt drawn to her and had to force himself to remain steadfast.

The unearthly beauty laughed teasingly and gave Han a passionate kiss only breaking it briefly to add, "You're going to love it.", it wasn't clear if she was speaking to Han or Ares...

As the door closed, Ashley staggered back, sitting down on her bed as she released a long breath. She didn't think she'd ever get used to the sight of woman like Venus, nor the effect it had on her. Privately, she was glad Kristin had already left - she didn't want to see the unmitigated yearning her in her cousin's eyes that she was sure she would see.

Hoping Kristin would come back with some good news about her friend or a field to cultivate, the coltish teenager picked up her keys and started for their supply shed. Time to see what they could use to fix up Violet's - they would probably need more simple building supplies.

Picking up some fast growing seeds and a small, dedicated chemistry set meant to simple analysis of soil quality from the supply shed, Kristin hopped into her big, white truck, headed out of the Refuge. Time to see if she could make good on her claims and promises to Mr. Fox and her cousin.

As Kristin drove away, beginning to describe a large spiral around the Refuge, she still marveled at the link with Venus. The strength of Venus' passions rushed over her, like warm, summer sunlight falling on bare flesh.

Han was silent and still for a moment, his expression and face unreadable. Only Violet, with her ability to sense emotions, knew that he wasn’t pleased about something. Then the moment passed and he nodded, smiling. “Glad to give you the tour, Ares,” he replied, his mood expansive and generous.

Looking around the room, he asked, “What’s everyone’s status? We about ready to go?”

“I’ll get this pretty box,” Hercules said, scooping Venus up in his arms. Everyone laughed, including Han.

“I think she can walk,” Bast purred at him, “so why don’t you get something that won’t move itself?”

“If I must,” Hercules sighed, setting Venus down and giving her ass a squeeze. As Han turned and opened his black portal, Hercules looked at the waiting humans. “You guys, give Ares’s women blindfolds.”

“What?” Janella growled, her eyes narrowing.

“It’s for your safety,” one of the Olympus humans said. He offered his blindfold and said, “Traveling in the warp is disorienting for humans.”

Venus was having a good time. She laughed and chuckled at Bast and Hercules and enjoyed the attention they gave her. As for Han’s short inner emotional conflict she actually sympathized with him. Any delay was not welcomed and in the case Ares‘ women didn’t like Olympus it would make things more complicated in general.

To Venus this meant that Ares wasn’t entirely in control of his little harem but that would be his problem, not hers. Sensing that the blindfolding would cause issues she tried to explain and sooth, “Trust me, even I almost lost consciousness the first time and for you it may be even worse. Nothing is going to happen to you. I wouldn’t do this if I didn’t know it was safe for me and my children.“, she hoped that mentioning the unborn would apeace Ares‘ wives. A pregnant woman would never expose another pregnant woman to danger.

“If I must,” Hercules sighed, setting Venus down and giving her ass a squeeze. As Han turned and opened his black portal, Hercules looked at the waiting humans. “You guys, give Ares’s women blindfolds.”

“What?” Janella growled, her eyes narrowing.

“It’s for your safety,” one of the Olympus humans said. He offered his blindfold and said, “Traveling in the warp is disorienting for humans.”
James frowned slightly. I'm not sure I like 'human' used in this context but whatever. Han's power doesn't work like Fox's? 'Disorienting' sounds euphemistic, taking a pregnant women through...

Originally Posted By: Venus
Venus... tried to explain and sooth, “Trust me, even I almost lost consciousness the first time and for you it may be even worse. Nothing is going to happen to you. I wouldn’t do this if I didn’t know it was safe for me and my children.“
James thought, Right. Violet has already leaped into the darkness and taken unknown risks with her own unborn children. Good God that woman needs a keeper. However... since she has...

James walked to Nashwa and said lowly enough that it was private but still loudly enough that the rest of his family could overhear, "Sounds like Disney's Space Moutain, I think it's blindfolds or big time nausea."

• 2 weeks later...

“Or insanity,” Han said softly.

“Or insanity?! And we’re supposed to be okay with just using this thing?” Jan asked.

“As okay as using a hollow tube with wings to fly across the water,” Han pointed out. “My warps are safer than an airplane, so long as precautions are taken.”

Janella stared at Han a moment, then sighed. “Alright, if Nash is going to do it, so am I.”

“I want to see this place,” Nashwa said, smiling at James.

“Then suit up,” Han said, tossing her a blindfold. James waited while his women prepared themselves, blindfolding themselves and linking hands. Then Han turned, and the black hole opened up in space.

Venus layed her arms around Han drawing herself very close to him and nodded at Nashwa, “It’ll be alright – I would never put you in any danger or your child.“, she looked up to James after she gave all other women a short glance.

“And that goes to all of you. Ares... you know we’re family. We will always be.“

Even though she had some experience with Han’s black hole it was still something she had to mentally brace herself for. It became less and less dramatic over time but she still felt more comfortable if she could feel him through the ´ride´. Her eyes glanced one last time at James before they stepped through the black hole...

... and emerged inside Olympus.

Click to reveal..
I’m not sure if Dawn wants to add complications here or not – I would’ve posted more but didn’t want to assume too much

“And that goes to all of you. Ares... you know we’re family. We will always be.“
James wasn't sure how to respond to that. They had been family, and V had walked away from that and gotten pregnant with someone else. And to be fair, they'd moved on and reconnected in other ways. So what were they now? It was complicated, and he didn't trust himself to answer honestly...

But thankfully he had other duties which prevented him from mulling that one over.

James commented, "Sounds like first is the worst, so I'll do the blindfold too." He added dryly, "Besides, I'm good in the dark."

James put on a blindfold and held hands with his ladies, then walked through the circle, trying to figure out what was in there.

{Blindfighting on}

Bast smiled and followed. "I'll make sure they don't get lost," she told Han and disappeared through the portal.

"Why didn't you tell Ares he didn't need the blindfold?" Hercules asked Han.

Han shrugged but he was a smirking a little. "Him doing it too made his humans more at ease." He turned to smile at Venus, "Let's finish here and get Venus home." It was a good word coming off his lips.

Meanwhile, James was in the void with his women. It seemed to suck them in: then there was nothing, just a terrible nothing and endlessness that tore at her. James felt his stomach pull painfully – and then the sensation was gone. They were in a room with soft light coming from the stone walls. The flecks of reflective rock in the walls glittered like jewels. They were a soft golden color, making them room fill with warmth as if it were open to the sun.

Nashwa ripped off her blindfold, swayed and then staggered to one side, vomiting. Pat and Janella knelt next to her as Helen murmured questions. "I'm fine!" Nashwa said, a little sharply. "The vertigo... it was just too much."

...and get Venus home, she liked the sound of that, especially coming from Han. Venus smiled – something she did a lot lately – and tightened her embrace on Han as they went through the portal. Even though she was prepared for the sudden disorientation and virtual realignment of reality around her it still made her feel dizzy.

As soon as she regained her bearings she saw or better heard Nashwa vomiting and concerned for her well-being she rushed to her. Pat and Janella were faster though and so she just stood there in respectable distance with a worried look in her eyes.

”Can someone get her some water and a towel, please?”, Venus slowly approached the women carefully evaluating if she was welcomed to come closer or not.

Venus looked at James and he could see that she felt sorry for Nashwa. Humans simply didn’t have the stomach for Han’s portals but how could she have explained how it really felt like? She forced herself to wait and look and put on a friendly smile hoping that things would calm down quickly.

Concerned, James pulled off his blindfold and moved to where he could watch Nashwa. If she's hurt... Myf is on the other side of that portal.

V and the other super-woman had shown up before he was sure Nashwa was 'only' having a bout of morning sickness. He ruefully commented to Nashwa, "Feel free to blame me."

After a moment he looked around and said, "So this is Olympus."

This was better than he'd expected. The very few caves James had visited had been chilly and dark. Deep down he'd been bracing himself on how to convince the girls trading comfort for security was worth it. Now he wondered if 'Olympus' was descriptive rather than a euphemism like 'Greenland'.

Venus allowed herself to relax slowly easing a mental ‘muscle’ she had flexed which allowed her to make changes to her appearance. Now that she was home she didn’t feel the need to keep up her ‘disguise’. Her shape slowly shrank back to her still statuesque 6 feet. Her belly bulged outwards and her overall features seemed a bit more rounded.

For the first time Venus showed that she was actually pregnant and her belly bulged out more than Kristin’s – she carried quintuplets after all. Her new center of gravity put her a bit off and she staggered momentarily until she managed to steady herself again. Happy that she was finally done with this charade she smiled at James beaming with life-affirming energy.

”I’m sure you’re going to like it, Ares – I can’t imagine a better place to raise my children.”

Flabbergasted, whatever James had meant to say next was lost in Violet's dropping of her 'disguise'.

James said, "Violet. I.. You.. What?"

She's pregnant.

Yes, you knew that. And you knew about how far along she was, and you knew she was carrying multiple kids. This is how she should look.

She's a shapeshifter... she can make herself look like herself?

Apparently so.

And she's been using shapeshifting while she's been pregnant?!?

Ya. When she hasn't been stepping into portals to the negative zone which cause insanity.

That woman needs... Shut Up James. She's not yours, the kids aren't yours.

James took a moment to get his barrings.

Now that she had assumed her ‘true’ appearance Venus didn’t lose any of her supernatural alure or even sexiness. The motherly glow she radiated enhanced her appearance and she carried herself like a true goddess.

The robe she wore needed to be adjusted though and she loosened all laces of her bodice since it was about to burst. Venus smiled happily as she gently caressed her belly which was now partially exposed under her robe while she still kept an eye out for Nashwa and James.

”What is it, Ares? Surprised by what you see? I didn’t want anyone to see me like this at the Refuge – but here I don’t need that disguise... and to be honest I’m glad it’s over.”, she carefully leaned against Han while her skin faintly glowed giving her a otherworldly, almost supernatural appearance.

”Once your women feel well enough we can give you the tour.”, Venus added softly. She looked happier than ever – actually it was hard to remember when James had seen her happier than this in the past.

V looked happy and healthy. James struggled to reconcile what he saw in front of him with his mental image of uterine sacks with unborn children altering shape.

Is she... no. She is NOT trying to induce miscarriages. How can she do that without losing her children then and there?

...The same way she can change her liver and lungs without rupturing them. The same way you can shave with your uber-hot blade. Our powers don't hurt us, or at least not easily.

James took a deep breath and refocused. He replied dryly, "Surprised is the right word. You're showing... but I'm glad you're happy."

James shifted his gaze from V to Nashwa and waited patiently for her to recover.

Finally, his 'wife' stood up straight and stopped trying to lose her lunch so violently. "I'm fine," Nashwa said, clearing her throat and taking Pat's arm. The older woman - someone that James thought of as a mother-in-law or perhaps an older sister-in-law - quietly offered her support to the pregnant woman.

"I'm fine," she said, nodding to everyone before looking at Venus. "Are you leading us around?"

Venus was still a bit absorbed by the new body awareness she possessed. She could feel her children and sense how they felt and what they demanded – her body automatically provided them with everything she needed but she also felt an unusual craving for food. It all made perfectly sense, though.

Nashwa’s question cut through her thoughts and daydreaming and she blinked a few times before her eyes refocused. She nodded happily at the women and gave Han a brief glance implying his presence would be very much welcomed. He also knew that she’d understand if he had better things to attend to, though.

”Please be my guests.”, Venus offered and slowly took lead while she adjusted her robes to accomodate for her new proportions. Her pregnancy didn’t hurt her amazing appearance and even with the bulging tummy she still had a breathtaking figure.

Venus guided Ares and his women through the enclave, showing the communal haven and storage areas. She didn’t know all the details and how exactly the people were provided for but it sufficed her to know that she wouldn’t miss anything and that all her wishes would be fulfilled – what they didn’t have they would get with ease.

The people of Olympus were safe from Zombie attacks since there was no physical entrance to the enclave and even though they moved in caves it didn’t lack light or warmth. One thing was apparently clear though – the Exalted were treated like their superiors and in Venus’ case even like a Goddess. Humans were second class citizens but they lacked nothing – it was a peaceful coexistence, at least at first glance.

”This will be a one time opportunity, Ares. I’m sure Han will accept if you refuse his offer but he won’t ask a second time to join us.”, Venus glanced at James’ women, especially Nashwa and added calmly,”This is not meant to be a threat but the safety of our community comes first. If you decide to stay you shall benefit from everything we have to share but if you refuse the offer... there won’t be a second chance, it is simple as that. Han values loyalty”, she could tell that Nashwa understood the true meaning of her words. If they decided to stay, there would be no going back... ever.

Sensing that there was an uneasy tension building up Venus sighed and rubbed her tummy. ”I think my children demand food – I feel like I’m starving. Would you join me for a meal?”

James watched Nashwa to see that she was really ok and not just claiming it, then he relaxed somewhat. As things to worry about, morning sickness induced by that trip is pretty minor. Lots of people would love to have my problems.

James glanced at V’s full, and fully pregnant, figure and thought, And thinking of problems… no. Stop that. No more thinking about shapeshifting. It’s like wondering about the details of zombie conversion. It happens. Myf or someone like her can worry about it. You have more functional things to worry about, like how to inflict morning sickness on your other ladies and the entire extinction of humanity thing.

Venus guided Ares and his women through the enclave, showing the communal haven and storage areas. She didn’t know all the details and how exactly the people were provided for but it sufficed her to know that she wouldn’t miss anything and that all her wishes would be fulfilled – what they didn’t have they would get with ease.

The people of Olympus were safe from Zombie attacks since there was no physical entrance to the enclave and even though they moved in caves it didn’t lack light or warmth. One thing was apparently clear though – the Exalted were treated like their superiors and in Venus’ case even like a Goddess. Humans were second class citizens but they lacked nothing – it was a peaceful coexistence, at least at first glance.

James was attentive during the tour and tried to see the better side of things… which was pretty easy since there was a lot to admire. Olympus didn’t appear to have an equivalent of tent city, worrying about whether someone would cross several lines with his ladies and then whether he’d need to make an example of them appeared to be a moot point.

There is something about all these people… ah. James commented, “The people here don’t seem as shell shocked as some others I’ve seen. Hell swept across the world, but… it’s not here.”

And... how healthy and expected is this whole 2nd class citizen thing?

You mean as opposed to back at the camp?

That was...

Different? Or maybe the same?

Or maybe earned. A side effect of the powers.

Or maybe it's too soon to judge and you should ignore that line of thought for now and not train wreck what looks like a good thing.

”This will be a one time opportunity, Ares. I’m sure Han will accept if you refuse his offer but he won’t ask a second time to join us.”, Venus glanced at James’ women, especially Nashwa and added calmly,”This is not meant to be a threat but the safety of our community comes first. If you decide to stay you shall benefit from everything we have to share but if you refuse the offer... there won’t be a second chance, it is simple as that. Han values loyalty”, she could tell that Nashwa understood the true meaning of her words. If they decided to stay, there would be no going back... ever.

Sensing that there was an uneasy tension building up Venus sighed and rubbed her tummy. ”I think my children demand food – I feel like I’m starving. Would you join me for a meal?”

Helen asked James, “Ares?”

James explained, “Think of it as a rank. I’m effectively walking war. Channeling the spirit of war. Something like that. In a few thousand years I figure we’ll be myths like Zeus and the like are now but that’s a different issue.”

James answered V, “Food sounds great, and I can see why this would be a onetime offer. Secrecy of location is your first line of defense. Even knowing it exists it’d still be close to impossible to locate.”

Even though he'd been hoping to find a workable setup here, James was impressed by what he'd seen and it showed.

"Good, I'm glad you understand the reason behind this. I'd really love to see you all join me here - I will take good care of you, I promise."

As James agreed to have some food Venus beckoned some of the humans towards them who quickly joined them, "Please make sure to arrange a meal for me and my guests, thank you.", she gave one of the younger men a playful wink and his smile at the implication what she could possibly offer was enough to sent him and his companions almost flying away to get some food.

"This would've been impossible at the Refuge. We belong here, Ares - we truly do.

Venus guided them towards her quarters while some 'servants' already served them water just as she requested earlier. Everyone was eager to read every wish from Venus' lips and just a tiny nod of her head or a faint smile was enough to sent people shuffling to do her bidding.

Her quarters was large and extensive. Some of her personal belongings have already been placed where she wanted them and some women were sorting her wardrobe with great care. Venus invited everyone to sit at her table which was quickly decorated with food, mostly fruits - some of which James' women haven't seen for a while.

"Please indulge yourselves.", Venus offered as she took a banana smiling at James with a very well known implication of hers. Venus even chuckled at him as she peeled the banana in a very very implicit way...

James watched V order people around and withheld comment and just observed. Watching her go down on a banana was arousing... and brought back memories... and he realized he'd better change the subject.

Indulge myself... now there's a thought. Not here, not now.

Forcing himself to look away from her and around at the room he answered her earlier question, "Yes, this place is different. But V, so are you. You've changed a lot. I think you're not afraid of yourself."

What am I looking at? New personality? Merger of personalities? Something else? The new V... maybe we, you, could have had something like this back at Fox's. Although that's something of a nonstarter with you and Dan melting down bigger than you and I did.

James took a banana for himself and motioned around with it adding, "Impressive, even I can't get bananas. How... Oh!"

James had a lightbulb moment and straightened saying, "No zombies. So no spending hours every day working on the wall. How much of my time is security related? Half? You have far more time for hunting and gathering and other things." James glanced at his women, 'other things' had interesting meanings. Maybe he'd find out if Jo was serious about having children if they got rid of the zombies.

James continued the thought out loud, "Fox spends most of every day worrying about security and security related politics. He doesn't have time to go on a banana run."

"And that's just one of many things that are different here, Ares. This place is better organised than the Refuge probably because not everyone is free to join. Han handpicks who is worthy and who is not. In your case I had some influence, of course."

Venus smiled at him as she finished her banana making sure he caught a wink of hers while the link they shared flared up with her growing lust and arousal. Circe's magic was fading quickly and Venus felt the fire or desire growing within her. It surely affected how she communicated and carried herself - her bodylanguage was increasingly offensive as she slowly charged the room with her sexual energy.

"Awaken is the right word, Ares. Han opened my eyes - he allowed me to see who I truly am and given his trust I gathered the courage to fully embrace my destiny.", she looked at his women knowing that they must be thinking she had gone crazy.

"I know this sounds unbelievable and most likely crazy to people who don't know me that well but it is the truth. I haven't changed as much actually - I just stopped trying to be someone I wasn't. It was the most liberating experience I ever had.", she had placed a hand on her prominent belly and suddenly smiled.

"She's kicking me!", Venus reached over for Ares' hand trying to pull him close to her.

"Charisma is kicking me - she's the most lively of the five."

James put his hand on Venus' belly and felt the kick. It was a bitter-sweet moment.

V's pregnancy was proof of humanity's survival. He was glad she was glad, and he was glad she had this massive fertility power... and the children weren't his.

He was god father, not father. In a sitcom he'd be the gay friend offering advise or the much elder sister. The children weren't his... and it took an effort of will for him to forget they really should be. V had been his lover. He'd worked hard to put her on a sane path. She'd destroyed their relationship with no warning. She'd just walked out the door and gotten pregnant a few days later with Dan.

Somehow he'd morphed from 'lover' into 'the one who picks up the pieces'.

James held his hand against V's belly for a moment then without expression withdrew it, the moment passed and James moved on. He replayed what V had said then asked lightly, "Five? What happened to three? And Charisma is a girl's name... isn't it a bit early for sex?"

Venus’ smile faded when James removed his hand and instead of answering his question she commented on his behaviour, ”I preferred the first thought you had and not the last before you withdrew your hand, Ares.”, there was disappointment in her voice but no accusation.

”You think too much in terms of ‘mine’ and ‘yours’, especially when it comes to us. We both know we’re like oil and fire and... and I couldn’t stay with you. Maybe here things would’ve developed differently but I honestly believe that the outcome would’ve been the same.”, Venus gently stroked her belly as she spoke.

”The truth is that I don’t belong to anyone. I’m not anyone’s ‘girl’ or ‘woman’ – I’m everyones woman. I can’t be just ‘yours’ – I thought you’d understood by now.”, she paused a moment before she quietly added, ”I love you – that never changed. I just can’t be ‘yours’ alone.”.

She wouldn’t win a popularity contest with his women but no one could deny that if she wanted, James would be hers. Competing with her was not an option – there was only acceptance or denial but her intention was never to take him away. She knew James prided himself as the Alpha Male, the strong and brave guardian and protector and she didn’t want him any other way. She didn’t want to pose a threat to the status quo he had with his women.

Her eyes searched his’ as she steered the conversation back to her unborn, ”I’m expecting two girls and three sons – I simply know – I am aware of them in a way I can’t describe. It’s like a sixth sense – maybe even a seventh in my case.”, she gave him a playful wink. ”And once they are born I want to carry your children. We need strong and healthy progeny to ensure our survival.”

Archived