Mutants & Masterminds: Struggles of Iannin - SOI Chat

Forge

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spaced it, even after Jameson reminded me, but everyone gets 1pp for the first scene. Please keep track by making a reply on your character thread. I'm not particular about the specific format, but at least have the following:

PP earned:

PP spent:

Spent on:

Remaining:

Probably a good idea to keep track of your HP there as well.

Nope, I don't. But I don't see anything deserving that happened in the first thread aside from maybe giving one to T'riss for pinging on her claustrophobia, but you weren't really underground long enough for it to have any impact.

OOC players/characters earn HPs with good posts, or funny posts, or adding something to the game like artwork or some such.

ICly the GM should be using the characters complications to give the characters something to overcome and granting a HP for the complication (i.e. a racist having to deal with a person of another race to achieve a goal). GMs also award HPs when they use things like rerolls on villain NPCs, or GM fiat (you fail! because story says so, or you all get hauled off by the authorities for chaos taint because we need to move the story along). Basically any time the GM dicks with the players they get a HP in return. Also when characters make amazing success on rolls or come up with really outside the box thinking that can sometimes be worthy of a HP.

Not granting a lot of HPs will generally make the game run more difficult for the PCs as they will be less freely able to power stunt and use extra effort without suffering fatigue effects (which can be bought off with HPs), and by being unable to re-roll important rolls.

Other than hauling us all off to "jail" (which probably should have granted a HP) I don't think any opportunities were missed per se. I do admit too that I am involved in other M&M games that tend toward the generous side with HP awards, so I am probably a little biased there as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived