Mutants & Masterminds: Future Imperfect - Quest

Joani

Adrian was awake looking worried and tired. He barely slept and didn’t move further than an arms length away from his sister’s side. “She’s having a fever. I never seen her this bad before. Usually she gets better when I touch her – then her power kicks in and adopts mine... but this time there was nothing.”, the young man explained as the group arrived.

He briefly smiled at Juno but didn’t stand up but it was clear that he knew her so she was telling the truth. “She’s been having more trouble lately – her powers are... irratic and unstable. The V is working differently on her, at least as far as I can tell.”, he stared at the floor unable to show the tears in his eyes. “She’s not waking up...”

As they approached the couch everyone could see that Adrian’s sister was in some kind of feverish coma. Her skin was moist and her hair was a tussled mess. She was pale almost like a corpse and shaking uncontrollably.

“Can anyone help her? I’ll do everything – just make her feel better. Everything.”, he begged.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"How do her powers work?"

Fenris had followed the youngsters upstairs and now stood in the doorway of the darkened room, his eyes shining eerily. Adrian looked over at him.

"She adopts the powers of people she touches, taking on their Virus too. But she's been pushed real hard today." the boy said tearfully. "Do you have doctors? At the MU?" Fenris nodded and approached the bedside, crouching by the sick girl and gently sniffing the air around her.

"We do, but I'm being honest with you. I don't know if they can help her, Adrian." he looked at the boy and shook his head. "This is bad." Fenris's eyes turned back to the girl, narrowing slightly as an idea occured to him. "She's an absorber, then?" He removed his gloves.

"Yeah, she- Wait, what are you doing?" Adrian caught Fenris's wrist in an iron grip, his haste making the larger man's wrist emit a crackling sound. Everyone winced. "Oh shit! I'm sorry!" He let go and stared as Fenris lifted up his hand and rolled back the sleever of his dark sweater, showing the dark bruising fade in seconds.

"I don't get sick much." he said quietly. "'Becca has been weakened and the fever is a result of infection setting in. If she adopts my gifts..." he left that unfinished, his eyes locked with Adrian's. The boy looked at his sister's face, then firmed his jaw and nodded.

"Okay. Try it." Fenris nodded and laid his hand on the young girl's fever-hot brow. It was like touching a live wire to a circuit.

Becca's back arched, her mouth opening in a soundless scream before she sank back to the bed, gasping for breath. Her eyes flicked open and fixed on Fenris's face, and the older mutant could feel his memories, over 60 years worth, flashing through her minds-eye as her mutant gift synched her to the one touching her. He hoped for her sake that the memories weren't complete as she bucked once more, then again as he removed his hand from her brow, her eyelids flickering open and shut as her mouth worked uncontrollably for a torturous moment. Then she lay still, only her rising and falling chest an indicator that she was alive.

"Becca?" Adrian whispered, half in fear and half in hope, but Fenris had already smelled the changes in the girl's body. His mutant gift was taking hold, ruthlessly destroying foreign invaders to Becca's body and restoring her strength. In a few short moments, her eyes opened again, the flush of fever gone from her face as she looked at her brother.

"Adrian?"

The siblings hugged as Fenris stood, stepping back and allowing the others, those closest to the girl, to approach in his stead. He felt good, better than he had in years. The intimate awareness he possessed of his body told him that he could push his limits just as in the old days, that the occasional dizzy spells of the Virus were gone from him for the time being. He watched Adrian and Becca hug, then blinked at what he saw behind the boy's shoulders.

Becca's hands there were different, strange. The fingers were elongating very slowly, to the point of an extra joint growing, and the nails were becoming talons. It was his own transformation, complete with pale fur running up the backs of the fingers to the hand. The girl's eyes opened and fixed on him over her brother's shoulder, and he could see their brown changing to yellow, very faintly right now, but to his enhanced perceptions it was a clear shifting in hue.

Click to reveal..
Blame Joani! wink Apparently Becca adopted all of Fenris's gift, including the latent transformation that KGB suppressed with conditioning when he was still a boy. Over the next hour or so she'll become... a little fuzzy. Basically, she'll turn into a Gauru (or Crinos if you're old-school) form, complete with jaws and tail, standing about 2.5 metres high and with a few, um, impulse control issues...

It's not my fault! sorry

“I don’t know-” Rebecca’s warning came too late, as Fenris touched Becca. Rebecca fell silent as she kept a close eye on the girl. There was lots of speculation about Fenris/Garm’s powers within UNISON; Rebecca was pretty sure she was about to get a front-row seat to the show. That’d be awesome, if she lived to report it.

Fear of the mighty terrorist was gone as Rebecca gripped a muscular arm and pulled the man aside. Looking something between bemused and worried, the blond man allowed himself to be pulled across the room and into the hallway. Once she was sure that the siblings couldn’t hear, Rebecca spoke. “What is happening to her?” she hissed, her wide brown eyes worried.

“Something that hasn’t happened to me in a long time,” Fenris replied calmly.

“Right, Mr. Helpful, how about giving us an idea of what we can expect?” Rebecca was clearly upset and even more worried. She’d already seen what could happen with these spells of Becca’s and she had a really bad feeling about this one.

Rebecca's somewhat ascerbic sarcasm may as well have hit tank armor as Fenris merely looked at her, the glimmer of his eyes eerie in the shadowed hallway. He was silent for a long moment, then looked past her at the doorway of the room they'd left.

"She can hear us." he told Rebecca softly. "If she has my gift, she could hear a man whistling three blocks away. You're keeping nothing secret from her."

"Just. Tell me." Rebecca restrained the urge to scream, not so much from fear of him taking offense as fear he'd simply ignore her.

"I don't know." he answered, leaning against the wall with his hands in his pockets.

"What do you mean, you don't know?"

"Just that." He sighed, then shrugged. "I was younger than the girl when I last changed that way. KGB... they suppressed it. Said it made me an animal, not a man. I'd even forgotten about the changing... until just now. She reminded me."

"How old were you?" Rebecca asked quietly.

"Ten. Or was it nine. I don't remember even that. I killed some Germans that day, though." Fenris told the girl. "I felt their blood in my throat and their screams in my ears. The world was all..." he searched for the words. "Color and instinct. It was like... like when televisions became coloured, only more so. Like everything I have been since was washed out shades."

"She won't be indiscriminate. I protected my mother and sisters and their friends that last time. She can tell friends from foes. But she won't be restrained, either. If she thinks someone means her or her brother ill, she will kill on instinct."

"Can you help her?" Rebecca asked. Fenris pondered that in his deliberate way.

"Maybe. Maybe even help her keep her human shape. But it took KGB months of harsh treatment to 'drive the animal out' as they put it. If she gets upset, she'll change again." He shrugged once more. "As I said, I don't know. If I hadn't been tampered with, I might have more answers."

• 3 weeks later...

Mutant Underground HQ

Originally Posted By: Sam

With that, Sam turned back to the monitor, beads of sweat forming from her concentration as her hands flew across the board, now just trying to keep herself from being traced and booted as she continued to download everything she could.

As Sam worked the system and hacked herself through the uplink she found more and more data that made her both sick and angry. It seemed the entire Mutant-Virus was a military based project with the very basic motive to achieve world domination. Mutant’s were in best case resource – the most valuable resource and the nation who had control over this resource would rule the planet.

She was blazing through the system, hands slower than her mind to follow up with the commands so she ‘outsourced’ that part to deal with the back-ups while her mind searched for more data.

The lines were virtually glowing but the military security was catching up with Sam’s advance and were shutting down sector after sector as they reduced the bandwith. It was a tell-tale sign that she was approaching a shutdown but if she managed to grab as much as she could there was a chance she could take it with her, maybe fractured but at least enough to start a restructure program and extract information.

They had already transferred roughly 60% of the database when the line went dead but Sam still had a grin on her face. The 60% contained all valuable data concerning the Mutant Virus and some bits and pieces about their special projects like the Blackhammers and the Extractors.

As she scanned through the backed up files she stumbled over a study concerning the Virus. It was part of the original file she found which revealed that the Virus was manufactured artificially by the military. This file described the Virus in more detail, specifically its modus operandi. Her brain only slowly digested what her eyes read but it made her feel very sick all of a sudden. Her knees buckled briefly and she had to sit down and calm her breath... she wasn’t prepared for this kind of news...

Click to reveal..
PM with details follows

Mutant Hideout

The beautiful younger sister of Adrians had completed her transformation and was now standing easily 2,5 meters tall towering over everyone. She had white fur covering her entire body which was both fascinating and frightening. Becca nuzzled her brother gently and growled then she seemed to realize what was happening to her. She looked at her arms and then at her clawed hands stumbling backwards.

“It’s ok, Becca... it’s ok. We’re here, you’re with friends.”, Adrian insisted and followed up hoping that his voice would keep her at ease. Becca’s eyes narrowed briefly but there was also understanding. It seemed as if she wanted to say something but all she managed to do was another growl.

It was difficult to tell, maybe it was shame or fear or both but even Adrian couldn’t reach entirely through to her. The huge Wolfgirl fell to her fours and growled angrily, digging her claws deep into the ground. Her muslces tensed and danced under her fur and everyone could see fury in her eyes. Becca violently shook her head as if to wake herself from this nightmare but nothing happened – if anything it just made her angrier.

“Becca... please listen to me. We’ll get through this together, ok? Please stop... please...”, Adrian begged putting himself between the others and his sister.

Rebecca felt the presence of someone nearby and then Raven’s voice echoed through her mind. *I’ve got an ETA now – 3 Minutes. The team doesn’t know about you and have not been briefed about us having an agent there. The team only knows to pick up the girl and her brother. I hope we can keep you safe and your cover. Don’t put yourself in any unnecessary danger, am I clear?*

Juno peeked into the room and her eyes widened at the sight of the giant monster that Becca had become.

"Jesus," she breathed...then asked Fenris as an aside, "This is what you really look like?"

She walked slowly into the room, hands spread, towards Becca.

"It's okay, Becca. Maybe I can help. Adrian, I can change...but it's different for me. Maybe she can get some of my control over her shape if she uses my powers, right?"

"That might not be wise." Fenris cautioned quietly from the doorway. "The problem is not the shape, it is the instincts. They are part of me, and I've lived with them a long time. Becca hasn't. It would be best not to give those instincts additional weaponry." he advised in a calm voice. "You should all allow the girl to find her center. At the moment, you are bombarding her with stimuli - scent, sound. She can smell your nervousness and fear, and it is affecting her in addition to her own. For her sake, and all of ours, relax and back up."

Becca's muzzle swung towards the voice and her gleaming yellow eyes narrowed. The male in the doorway smelled unafraid, meeting her stare with one of his own. It was his gift she had running through her body, the still-thinking part of her knew, and she wondered how he managed to keep this in check. The people around her smelled like prey, the room seemed like a cage. She wanted to run, to hunt, to... To be free. Fenris moved past Juno slowly and squatted on his haunches in front of Becca.

"What are you doing?" Adrian asked nervously.

"Connecting." the broad-shouldered man said calmly, keeping his eyes on Becca's as he began speaking to her. "I know what it is like, Becca. I know what you want to do, what you feel you need to do. But you must survive." he said in a soft, low voice. "If you run away now, you will be hunted. And though you are strong, and fast, if you are not smart the hunters will win, because that is how the hunt works. Stay with your brother, who loves you and will help you. Stay with me, and I will protect you."

*Oh, fudge!* Rebecca’s swearing rarely got much worse than that, but despite the mild word, Raven could feel the nervousness in the girl’s ‘voice’. *I know I begged them to get here, but we have a situation. Becca’s absorbed a power from Fenris and now has a ‘wolfman’ thing going on. Guess we know where he gets his name from now. * The errant thought was another sign of how unnerved Rebecca was; her thoughts and thought-speech were mingling. It was the telepathic version of blurting whatever was in her mind. *The team is going to be facing… well, it’s like ten or so feet tall and furred with claws that would make a werewolf jealous. At least advise them that the girl they’ve come to pick up isn’t a girl anymore!*

Fear in her voice, Rebecca said, “Yeah, Becca, we just want to help.” Though her body shook with the effort of making herself vulnerable, the girl sat down and assumed a non-threatening posture. She dismissed her knee-jerk reaction to put the girl to sleep again – if she’d acquired Fenris’s defenses, then she’d likely be able to resist Rebecca’s Sleepy-time power. Sick with the virus and fear, Rebecca prayed this wasn’t about explode like Chernobyl.

All Jaunt could do is bury his face in his hands and shake his head. This night just got worse and worse. "See?" He said with a touch of sarcasm in his voice. "This is why we don't go around touching young girls at random, you never know which ones will become ten foot tall wolf girls."

Jaunt was ready to go on the defensive, he moved close to Rebecca, prepared to grab her and move her out of there if need be.

"C'mon girl," Jaunt muttered under his breath to Becca. "Get a grip."

• 4 weeks later...

Fear in her voice, Rebecca said, “Yeah, Becca, we just want to help.” Though her body shook with the effort of making herself vulnerable, the girl sat down and assumed a non-threatening posture. She dismissed her knee-jerk reaction to put the girl to sleep again – if she’d acquired Fenris’s defenses, then she’d likely be able to resist Rebecca’s Sleepy-time power. Sick with the virus and fear, Rebecca prayed this wasn’t about explode like Chernobyl.

As if she had summoned it subconsciously the little time they had left had run up and the Team Raven announced was approaching quickly and most importantly, almost without any forewarning... Only Fenris and Becca noticed that something was wrong. The huge Werewolf growled angrily and faced skywards and Fenris knew what she was sensing.

Someone was approaching...fast! Really fast! From the skies small black dots appeared which zeroed in to their location. It would take only a few seconds before they touched down...

I’m giving Fenris a chance to warn the others and take action – please roll initiatives – just in case combat starts

"Company's coming." Fenris said calmly, though he felt his heartrate quicken at the thought of combat as he raised his phone and hit the speed-dial. "Get clear and go to ground." he told the mutants in the van. "They're after us and know we're all in the house, so expect light pursuit at best. It's a civilian area, so hug the traffic." Hearing Frostbite's terse acknowledgement, he hung up then crushed the small cellphone underfoot, looking around at the youths around him. Well, most of them were youths, he silently acknowledged. One of them wasn't as young as she looked.

"A UNISON snatch-team is nearly here. They've made the choice for you. Ground floor. Move." he said, then gestured for 'Becca to follow him. "Jaunt, can you 'port people out? To seperate places, one at a time?" he asked the young man as he started down the stairs, taking a mental inventory of his gear. Smoke, tear gas, and flashbang grenades from the SWAT cops. Knife, pistol and SMG. The mission had changed, as missions do. It had started with a hunt, then had become a rescue, and was now a war.

So be it. Fenris could do war as easily as the other two.

Owns-The-Night *rolls* 1d20: 3+12: 15

[Owns-The-Night] 12:14 am: pff

Rebecca was slow getting into gear; she was still terrified. Maybe not for herself, but certainly for the young man who had been so helpful. Jaunt took her arm and got her started, giving her a wink that was meant to be reassuring but only made her feel worse. "Jaunt, please..." she whispered, "grab Adrian and Becca and get them out." She wasn't sure if he heard her over the commotion.

Initiative for Rebecca

Carver *rolls* 1d20: 4+5: 9

[Carver] 7:10 pm: Ouch.

"A what?" Juno demanded as she followed Fenris down the stairs, pausing only to make sure Adrian and Wolf-Becca were coming too. "Snatch team? Is that like SWAT? Dude, there's no way the cops would even know where we are!"

Despite her protestations though, Juno was no slouch when it came to calls to action.

Init: 18

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3145636/

"Not cops." Fenris answered, cocking an ear as he entered the lounge. The enemy were moving into position around the house. "UNISON." He looked at Juno's blank face and sighed. "Mutant-hunting spooks. And they know we're here because someone here told them."

He let that fall across the room like a steel bar as he looked around, evaluating the fire zones. Windows, doors... this place was too open. He looked at the kids. "Into the cellar. We don't want to give them room to maneuver."

Juno frowned, but adjusted quickly to the situation. "You sure? There's no way out of the cellar. They'll have us cornered. Wait..." She looked at Jaunt. "That's not true though, is it? You can get them out... So yeah! Everyone downstairs! Me and this guy'll hold 'em off until Jaunt's got them to a safe spot, then we'll get away from these Unicorn guys and Jaunt can grab us once we're clear."

• 2 weeks later...

Although Fenris reacted instantly the general confusion was delay enough for the UNISON-SWAT Team to swarm the building. Half of them were already down the cellar, when several black-suited men came through the windows tossing tear-gas and smoke grenades with their attack.

Save DC vs. Tear Gas Grenades is 14 (Fortitude) (Affliction Rank 4, Dazed, Defenseless, Cumulative, Limited Degree) – everyone except Jaunt has to roll please.

The Smoke Grenades grant the UNISON-SWAT partial cover for ranged attacks translating into half bonus for visual concealment.

Several laser pointers were searching targets and electronic distorted voices demanded everyone to lay down and don’t move.

Roll: 7 +6 Modifier = +13] +0. Total Successes: 13.

Intimidation roll – opposed Will-Save vs DC 13 or else be compelled to do as they want.

Again Jaunt is excluded from this.

First up is Jaunt – SWAT already acted – runners up are Juno and Fenris. The cellar door is opened and Adrian and Becca are ready to go. Rebecca is close behind them/with Jaunt.

Mutant Underground HQ

As she scanned through the backed up files she stumbled over a study concerning the Virus. It was part of the original file she found which revealed that the Virus was manufactured artificially by the military. This file described the Virus in more detail, specifically its modus operandi. Her brain only slowly digested what her eyes read but it made her feel very sick all of a sudden. Her knees buckled briefly and she had to sit down and calm her breath... she wasn't prepared for this kind of news...

Tears of outrage and sadness began to trickle down her face as she sat there, trying to come to terms with the information overload. It was tempting to give into despair, to just give up, to just pack it in and await the inevitable fate that seemed in front of them all. But deep down, Sam knew that wasn't going to happen. If her parents could give their lives to the cause, so could she...no matter the consequences.

She stood up and looked back at the bank of monitors, casually wiping a hand across her face, as her mind began editing and compiling the information. "Mouse."

"Yes." Came back a sober reply.

"Let's hack the planet."

Mouse snorted, "Seriously?"

"Do I look like I'm fuckin' kidding?"

"No, ma'am. What are we taking over?" he inquired, grabbing a quick drink.

"All of it. The world's ears will bleed."

"Okaaaay...how about I follow your lead."

"Do try to keep up."

Roll: 15 +18 Modifier -10 DC = +23 PASS.] +0. Total Successes: 23. (Joani added a +2 post-roll from Mouse, so its actually a +25)

Sam executed the takeover like an electronic ballet and had secured transmission control of nearly every major communication satellite the world over in about a minute.

Mouse could be seen lifting his hands from the keyboard and shaking them, his face full of discomfort.

"Keep the slag IT off me until this is done."

"You got it, boss."

Sam took a deep breath and let it out as she sent the command that let loose a tidal wave of information. In the massively over-connected world such as it was, it wouldn't take but mere minutes before it covered the globe. To be sure, she also sent it to every major news organization that she had just hacked and also posted it across every news site she could get into.

She held back some information, but the world now knew that the Virus was created artificially by the government, that it was created to only attack mutant DNA. That it had been tested on mutants in development, all who died.

The goal had been to be able to attack other country's mutants so that 'our' own would be the only ones. But someone 'sabotaged' the strategically placed facilities around the world, releasing the Virus prematurely. The research was incomplete, there wasn't a vaccine yet to protect the mutants they wanted alive and so it rampaged.

The Virus was designed to work in three stages. Stage one was the exposure phase which killed the majority of the most powerful mutants (Class IVs and Vs). This phase lasted roughly for 1 year.

Stage two came after, which is near its end. The second stage was the slow permeation to all mutants ensuring a worldwide infection with the strain. Many have died but if you kept a low profile you had at least a chance to exist in a twisted relationship with it.

Stage three should start by December 2012, if it hasn't already. All remaining Mutants who haven't received an antidote will die.

• 2 weeks later...

"Come on you two!" Everyone seemed to move in slow motion as Jaunt sped over to the bed where the siblings were. Jaunt said he was fast but Rebecca assumed he meant that in terms of teleportation. At the moment he was nothing but a blur of movement, litteraly. Streaks of shadowy images of himself seemed to blur behind him as their slower moving eyes and brains tried to process the speeds he was moving at. Like the roadrunner in cartoons he came to a dead stop, grasped the two children, and was gone, leaving nothing but a shimmering scar behind temporarily.

Not but a moment later there was a sudden pop as air was sucked into his arrival point around the aperture Jaunt cut through space as he teleported. "You too beautiful, let's go!" And just like that Rebecca was grabbed from behind and suddenly gone. She found herself just a blink of an eye later, in the cellar close to the siblings. Jaunt eased his grip around her body -reluctantly, she noticed- and stepped away. "Keep them safe Rebecca." He ordered her in a concerned tone.

He moved to the base of the stairs and looked up. If anything came through them he would be ready, at least until he could get back up there and save the others.

Two move actions. One for the siblings and one for Rebecca. Jaunt and the others are in the Cellar.

The SWAT-Team was quickly moving into position taking advantage of the smoke and tear gas grenades they had tossed into the room. Weapons were ready and their trigger fingers were itchy...

OOC - Next up is Juno - we already figured out that you are immune to the tear gas. Same goes to Fenris. Please post your action.

Juno's face squinched up in disgust as she breathed in the acrid, foul-smelling tear gas. That appeared to be the extent of the noxious stuff's effect on her though. She took another breath, then nodded.

"Alright, lets do this."

Her skin abruptly seemed to freeze and crack into rigid plates that covered her body. In an instant she went from a pretty girl to a cross between a pretty girl and a crocodile. At the same time her muscles swelled...along with her new 'armor', her shirt and jeans were stretching precariously. Now the reason for her oversized clothes and the fraying seams became crystal clear. When she shot Fenris a grin, he saw wicked, snakelike fangs jutting from inside her mouth.

And then she ducked low and bolted into the billowing clouds of tear gas. A moment later, the gunshots and screaming started.

(Juno's setting her array at: Affliction +6 (linked to Bite, Damage +1, Penetrating) costing 8 pts.

Impervious Protection +10, allowing her to shrug off any attack with base damage modifier of +5 or less. Costs 10pts.

Enhanced Strength +3, for a total Strength mod of +5, costs 6pts.)

(She then moves into the tear gas until she locates a target, and attacks using Affliction...Fort DC 16 or suffer: Impaired/Disabled/Incapacitated. Poison descriptor. +6 to attack.)

Attack roll:

SalmonMax *rolls* 1d20: 18+6: 24

Damage save DC: Toughness 16, note that attack is Penetrating though.

Affliction save DC: Fort 16

Resist Virus roll:

Damage rank 6, DC 21 Fort

SalmonMax *rolls* 1d20: 9+10: 19

Close, but no 'nana!

• 2 weeks later...

The UNISON capture-team were well-trained. They led with smoke and teargas to confuse and disorient the foe, and quickly moved to secure their prisoners... Half of whom disappeared in a couple of flickers from Jaunt. Which left only two mutants behind, neither of which it was particularly a good idea to be trapped in a smokey, gas-filled room with. Fenris watched Juno grin toothily and slip into the obscuring smoke, then followed suit, going left where she went right. The gas had no effect on him either, his regenerative powers easily countering the contact irritants and leaving him, like Juno, simply with a bad taste in his mouth. The smoke swirled, swallowing the black-clad man up as he plunged into it, his fingers lengthening into fearsome talons, hunting with his nose and ears...

The first UNISON agent died in a spray of blood, but otherwise silently when compared to the scream of the one who'd just met the altered Juno. The second saw a dark shape in the fog with gleaming blue-green eyes and brought his gun up, only for a clawed hand to bat his weapon aside as the other ripped him stomach to sternum. Fenris moved with dreadful economy of motion, his strikes quick and lethal and his movements almost too fast for the human eye to follow as he spun and lunged for the next enemy in line. The man screamed and tightened down on his trigger reflexively, gunfire strobing through the white smoke a scant second before his scream tailed off in a sickening gurgle, his throat ripped out and spraying his fellows in blood.

Abruptly all was chaos, the remaining UNISON operatives trying to focus on the two mutants, the armored, shapeshifting girl and the tall dark figure that blurred in and out of the smoke, leaving death in his wake. Fenris zeroed in on victim number four, who managed to recoil fast enough that the cruel talons merely scored the front of his mask. He'd seen what this mutie had done to the last guy, and wasn't going to let the freak near him. Though as fast as the blood-spattered blond man moved, that was going to be a neat trick...

(Cue the fight music)

Utilising Takedown 2 (SWAT guys are minions) and Claws 3, no current Virus due to 'Beccas help.

Joani, due to your absence and not being able to find out, and in the interest of keeping this moving I'm using the standard rulebook SWAT toughness modifier of +6. I'm fine with erasing the results and redoing if you change those stats at all.

1st Attack:

Roll: 14 +7 Modifier -12 DC = +9 [color:#009000]PASS.

SWAT Damage Resistance Check: DC 15+7 = 22

Roll: 5 +6 Modifier -22 DC = -11 [color:#F00000]FAIL.

SWAT# 1 Incapacitated (Minion)

Using Takedown, next target.

2nd Attack:

Roll: 15 +7 Modifier -12 DC = +10 [color:#009000]PASS.

Roll: 15 +6 Modifier -22 DC = -1 [color:#F00000]FAIL.

SWAT# 2 Incapacitated (Minion)

3rd Attack:

Roll: 18 +7 Modifier -12 DC = +13 [color:#009000]PASS.

Critical hit: (Improved Critical 2 w/ Claws)

SWAT# 3 Incapacitated (Minion)

4th Attack:

Roll: 3 +7 Modifier -12 DC = -2 [color:#F00000]FAIL.

Spending a HP to re-roll

Roll: 6 +10 for HP +7 Modifier -12 DC = +11 [color:#009000]PASS.

Roll: 19 +6 Modifier -22 DC = +3 [color:#009000]PASS.

Success.

Fenris turn end.

Archived