Aberrant RPG - Don't understand the throwing rules

iamthedave

Just reading over the rules in the main book. Reading over them, it seems like it's impossible to ever throw a car around, let alone a truck or something heavier, no matter how strong the Nova might be.

Without copying them up directly, it says that when throwing a 1 kilogram object you get to throw it 5 meters for your might skill total (so like 40 meters for 8 might). And if you've got mega strength you can multiply that by your automatic damage successes.

But... it also says that any object weighing over a kilo gets -5 meters per kilo. So a 1000kgs of car would have... -4900 meters or so.

Am I missing something here?

Originally Posted By: iamthedave
But... it also says that any object weighing over a kilo gets -5 meters per kilo. So a 1000kgs of car would have... -4900 meters or so.

Am I missing something here?

Perhaps this is too simple minded, and I'll gladly bow to an expert here, but maybe they mean -5 meters per kilo over how much you can lift? That would allow your Titan to hurl cars with abandon but not quite so much with the local train locamotive. *shrug*

Unless I missed something I only find 2 references to throwing in the Players Guide: 87, 102

Page 87 simply says that you roll Might as your To Hit roll. No mention of distance at all.

Page 102 is a new Enhancement for Mega Strength, which increases the distance you can throw something for every Q you spend.

Neither of these two things really address what the OP is questioning, which is the apparent crap nature of how Throwing was implemented.

So is there a rule addendum I'm missing somewhere? The APG is notoriously difficult to find stuff in so I don't doubt that I might have overlooked something.

Archived