DC Universe Online

RPG Post

dcuniverse.jpgDC Universe Online

DC Universe Online is available for purchase or download today for the PC and PS3. Enter the world of your favorite DC Comics' superheroes and villains in DC Universe Online. Get ready to experience the high-energy action that encapsulates this fabled world, and become engrossed in thrilling battles with or against famed heroes and villains, including Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and The Joker.

Synopsis

We join our hero perched atop a granite gargoyle high above the city of Gotham. His eyes squint as he monitors the streets below, searching for crooked criminal conduct. From afar, he hears the alarm from Gotham National Bank and he dives from the darkness into the illumination of the streets. He soars through the canyon of skyscrapers, hearing the buzz of the citizens below that he has chosen to protect. He sees the bank is only a block away — just then a burst of red passes him to join in the fray. As the two heroes approach the crime scene, they hear the creepy cackling of The Joker. This will not be a run-of-the-mill fight for justice, but then again — what is, in the DC Universe?

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

[end_news_blurb]

Key Features:

• Battle with or against your favorite DC Comics heroes and villains, including Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and The Joker
  • Live out the action and drama in detailed, well-known locations such as Gotham City and Metropolis
  • Experience the intensity of the DC Universe in a 3D art style designed by legendary comic book artist Jim Lee
  • Take on story-driven adventures created by DC writers
  • Extreme customization lets you construct your own hero or villain
  • Use the environment to your advantage with the state-of-the-art physics engine that turns the world into your weapon
  • 30-day subscription included

Immerse yourself in the intensity that is played out in a carefully detailed 3D world that spans the entire DC Universe with locations such as Gotham City and Metropolis. Create your own custom hero or villain and then embark on story-driven adventures that have been written by famous DC writers. Will you choose to don the cape and mask to fight for good — or are your intentions more sinister?

Product Description

DC Universe Online brings high-energy action to the forefront with a combat system designed to deliver a fast-paced action experience with the extraordinary powers of DC Super Heroes and Villains at your disposal. DCUO offers a dramatic online setting where players battle with or against their favorite DC Super Heroes and Villains including Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and The Joker. For the very first time, players and fans will be able to enter this fabled world as an active force for good or evil. The action and drama will play out in such well-known locations such as Gotham City and Metropolis.

Check out DC Universe Online on Amazon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well with City of Heroes closing down/closed down and no one has taken up the mantle for running a EMU, DC or Champions are the only options.

Unfortunately Champions is derivative, and lacks the fun that CoH had.

I've heard mixed reviews of DC, but it's Free to Play as well as Champs...

I'm just wondering which one I should try.

I have been playing the game since it launched and i love it! While character creation isn't as detailed as CoH it still works well. Combat imo is fluid and once learned is a breeze. Haven't really checked out the PC version though I have heard it's just as good as the PS3 version.

• 1 month later...

I play the PC version and it's afun although don't play it without a gamepad. I found it very awkward for the first few week playing just on the keypad so I went out and picked up a gamepad for my computer and that improved the experience 100% if you want to get your super hero video game geek on, DCUO is a good horse to put your money on.

Archived