Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - Hong Kong Vision

Hong Kong, one of the great cities in the east, and in many ways, a gateway to the Orient, as well as a center for business, crime and a good degree of the movie industry. Independent of China for decades, Hong Kong works like few other cities on the face of the planet, and it was here, that Conner and Aurora had come. On the surface of things it appeared that they were here to work on yet another movie, but underneath it, they had a different agenda. That agenda was a deep secret, but the core of it, was to find another way to deal with taint, something less dehumanizing then the teragen way.

Connor for his part was happy to go to Hong Kong. He'd not gotten the chance to see much the last time he was here, and this time he knew with certainty he would. Aurora's parents were looking after John, and he felt a little guilty. It wasn't like they wouldn't be going to see him every day, he was planning to establish a schedule. Still it was safer if he wasn't with the two of them right now.

Together they got checked in and Connor was told the director and producer expected them to meet for dinner in about two hours.

"Well we have a little time, might as well unpack in our home away from home."

"Well, as you purchased the penthouse suite, darling, and I see no need for us to actually take the elevator, I guess we should stop by and check in, then move into the new place." With that, she reached out and attuned him to her quantum signature, and teleported them to the location.

Of course, the arriving nova couple got quite a bit of attention when they appeared with a flash, and after a few minor matters, where gone again, appearing at the top of the building, on the balcony of the penthouse.

With a quick glance, Aurora's incredible perception allowed her to find and remove a little more then half a dozen bugs that would have been used to spy on them. "Now, darling, what's the plan?"

"Well, we can survey the town for an hour or so,to build up a knowledge of where things are, and beyond that, we come back, clean up and meet the men who are making this movie. We'll deal with them in person initially, then I can delegate a copy to it as we continue our real mission."

"I've never been here, but the skyline is beautiful from here." She stands out in the balcony, looking out over the city, toward land, then back toward the ocean in the other direction. "Regardless of where we look."

She turned to Conner, and smiled. "What do you want me to do at the meeting, or would you rather I just followed my instincts?"

"It would be fun to go somewhere and dance for a bit, darling, maybe visit a few of the sights. But your correct, we shall need to start looking for our true purpose of coming here, as Hong Kong is the gateway to the orient, we can make a few inquery's here, and follow leads from there."

• 2 weeks later...

He smiled. "They're being very quiet about the script, but it involves a number of superhumans searching for eternal life, for an equal number of normal human counterparts. I imagine you and I will be playing two of the superhumans involved in the search."

She nodded, even as she thought over what she was learning, even as she did that, she sharpened her senses to heightened levels. She was listening to radio waves, and seeing into the ultra-violet and infrared at the moment, with inhuman levels of perception.

Most of the radio was in Chinese, which was no help to her, even as she realized that she was going to need to learn the language, or try her mind link with Conner, if he knew Chinese.

The light spectrum's she was looking over gave her more information, even as they came to a landing in front of the meeting location.

• 3 weeks later...

Dressed as they were, the cameras were going off in full force, and the Producer and Director arrived they were all ushered inside.

They took their seats and bowed. "First thank you both for coming. I look forward seeing you in this film."

Connor nodded. "It's been pitched to me for some time, but no details were forthcoming, can you shed any light upon it?"

"I'm willing to enter a verbal NDA if required, but I'm not going to say yes to a movie I know nothing about."

• 1 month later...

She watched Conner begin negotiations, and didn't bother to add anything, instead she looked around the room for a bit, seeing things that no one else present was aware of, but then, her perceptions had been sharpening incredibly in the last year or so.. especially sense she'd become a mother, and after they were attacked, she needed to keep aware of everything around her now.

To outside eyes, of course, it simply appeared as though she was looking around the room, not that she was scanning it down to the tiniest details.

Archived