Mutants & Masterminds: The Indigo Children - [Second Phase: Beta Segment] Operation: CR-SC00

jameson (ST)

Sam shrugged, "I don't remember anything beyond what I've told you. I-" He stopped, and seemed pained for a moment, gritting his teeth. Tess hard reached out and indeed found cybernetic systems within his body, but there was a resistance to her contact, something fighting her. "Something ... is wrong ..." Sam gasped through gritted teeth, "it's ... trying to ... ungh!" Sam slumped in his chair, as though a marionette with its strings cut"

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomoe stared at Sam, then looked around and slid off her chair...turning invisible once she was sure no one could see her behind the tablecloth.

"Help me get him down," she whispered. "They must be jamming him or something!"

"Bloody hell!" Tess immediately pulled her gift back, disengaging as gently as she could. She didn't get up from her chair, though. "Careful, Tomoe. As I said, we'll have privacy here. No one will see anything unless we make such a big commotion that the patrons in the front take notice."

She swallowed and looked embarrassed. "And...um...I think that might have been my fault. I tried to see if he had...if he was...cybernetic, I guess? There was something. It pushed back."

She watched Sam for several tense moments, hoping he would wake back up now that the system no longer felt like it was under attack.

Sam hit the floor like a dead weight, a heavy dead weight. Tomoe tried to soften his fall but was only partially successful. Despite her efforts there was an audible thump as the man hit the carpeted floor. He lay motionless save his eyes that skittered and twitched beneath his eyelids like he was having an intense dream.

Velocity nodded eagerly, wanting to help right away. She stood up and quickly made her way out of the Restaurant where she hoped to find a cab... but unfortunately she didn’t. The young woman fumbled for her phone not accostumed to actually calling a cab since her means of transportation have been her legs. She staggered to the street while she tried to figure out a number to call when she saw several cabs driving down the street.

„Hey, Taxi!!!“, she yelled and fortunately one of the cabs stopped.

„Thank god!“, she opened the door and smiled at the driver, „Hold on please, I get my folks, ok?“

She ran as fast as she could without causing trouble and attention uncannily dodging out of people’s way until she came back to the table.

„Ok, one cab is waiting outside, guys.“

Tomoe focused her power into her arms and back, and started to lift the fallen...man? cyborg?...up. "He's heavier than he looks," she grunted. "Might need some help..."

(Effective strength is 18 when boosted. Not sure if that's enough to lift Iron Man or not. If so, she carries him out to the cab.)

Archived