Mutants & Masterminds: The Indigo Children - [Second Phase: Alpha Segment] Operation: CR-SI27

jameson (ST)

Isaac's fists made short work of the man in charge, but unlike animals these men did not falter when their alpha was down, they instead set into resolve. Armed with compact sub-machineguns, and infrared goggles they were as unhampered by the impromptu blizzard as Isaac. As one the three scattered, back pedaling away from Isaac even as the opened fire on him, widening the gaps between them, taking away the advantage of his superior close combat skills. The compact firearms chattered and Isaac felt hot lead tear into him from two directions.

OOC Note: Jordan used a few rounds worth of actions getting the others situated, he'll be brought in shortly. Sorry, I'll try and run this quickly.

Even Isaac wasn't unstoppable, and guns were a problem for him. It was a big part of why he didn't like them.

The first one to strike him merely tore open another gash in his skin, much as the first one had. Though things were too chaotic to see, the shot had actually been slightly turned aside by his skin.

The second shot was not so kind. It hit him low in the torso, just below his ribs and the force almost stopped the big man for a few dire seconds. Instead, he amazingly ignored the damage with a bestial roar, slamming his fist into the nearest attacker's face!

Click to reveal..
Toughness Save vs DC 19 Roll: 12 +7 Modifier -19 DC = 0 PASS. modified to a -1 for previous damage: -2 Toughness

Toughness Save vs DC 19 Roll: 9 +7 Modifier -19 DC = -3 FAIL. modified to a -5 for previous damage: -3 Toughness, Stunned

Using HP for a reroll: Roll: 9 +10 for HP +5 Modifier -19 DC = 5 PASS.

The feral man is up!

Hitting the nearest GiB: Roll: 9 +6 Modifier -15 DC = 0 PASS.

If that's a hit, then its at Damage DC 23.

Isaac's fist hit the GiB square in the forehead sending the man stumbling backwards apparently dazed but unharmed. The man quickly regained his footing and unleashed a burst of rapid weapon fire. His two fellows likewise unloaded short bursts of SMG fire at the crazed man attacking them but his viscous attack had them unnerved and his pressing into close combat made their aim poor. Bullets sprayed through the blizzard and underbrush to no effect.

Click to reveal.. (Dice!)

GiB 1 Toughness Roll: 18 +5 Modifier -23 DC = 0 PASS.

GiB 1 Shooting Isaac Roll: 7 +6 Modifier -15 DC = -2 FAIL.

GiB 2 Shooting Isaac Roll: 3 +6 Modifier -15 DC = -6 FAIL.

GiB 3 Shooting Isaac Roll: 2 +6 Modifier -15 DC = -7 FAIL.

"These blast-points... Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise."

Wordlessly, Isaac roared again as he attacked, his fists swinging at the armed man with unnatural ferocity. Most people would have run from the guns rather than to them. Even without that, the bestial expression on his face was frightening enough.

The attacked man found Isaac's fists catching him again, pounding into him relentlessly.

Click to reveal..
Attack on the GiB Roll: 14 +6 Modifier -15 DC = +5 PASS.

Damage DC is 23.

Jordan was most people and would have loved nothing more than to run away from the sound of gunfire, only his sister's imploring eyes and burgeoning loyalty to a fellow Indigo Child and possible friend forcing him forwards. His long legs powered his large frame across the cemetery and through the brush like a galloping horse, the swirling snow somehow conveniently swirling out of his way.

His lips peeled back in a grimace, muscles already tensed from imminent danger and pain. Oh, fuck! Oh, fuck! This is going to suck!

Click to reveal.. (Initiative)

Isaac ruthlessly beat the man unconscious, sending him to the forest floor in a heap. His two comrades opened fire once more, still moving away from Isaac as they did. One burst flew wide but the second thudded into the big man, hot lead with the force of a pro-boxer.

Hot on the heels of the gunfire, unimpeded by the snow and cold, Jordan burst into the clearing and saw Isaac facing off against two men with sub-machineguns, two others laid out in the snow.

Click to reveal..

Stormtrooper 1 toughness Roll: 7 +5 Modifier -23 DC = -11 FAIL.

Stormtrooper 2 attacking Isaac Roll: 7 +6 Modifier -15 DC = -2 FAIL.

Stormtrooper 3 attacking Isaac Roll: 11 +6 Modifier -15 DC = +2 PASS. Damage DC 19

Isaac, then GiB 2, then Jordan, then GiB 3 ...

OOC: The two remaining are 60 feet from Isaac and Jordan both, with about fifteen feet between them.

Seeing one of the GiBs go down to Isaac, Jordan didn't stop, using his speed and mass to charge the one still standing, lashing out with a large fist.

"Shit! Guess you didn't need my help, did you?" Jordan growled as his fist connected with a solid crunch.

Click to reveal.. (Charge Attack)

Jordan hit the man with the power of a linebacker, sending him flipping ass over teakettle into the snowy leaves below. Jordan was breathing hard, breath steaming in the air before him only to be torn away by the frigid wind. He looked over to Isaac who was doing the same. The burly street fighter was also dripping crimson into the snow, bullet holes peppering his jacket. He seemed only barely aware of the injuries however.

Click to reveal.. (Toughness Check)

Isaac paused only to be sure that the last opponent was out cold before he grabbed Jordan's arm and silently pointed. Another group of GiB were huddled around a downed man, trying to get him out. They didn't see interested in fighting or aware of exactly where the other group was.

Jordan half-expected another fight, but Isaac was tugging Jordan the other way. Despite his prowess at it, the burly man didn't seem interested in prolonging the conflict. Jordan could only agree especially after seeing Isaac's wounds. Together, the two men hurried back through the trees to the crypt where Melissa and Jaime waited with Teleperceptor.

"Oh, my god, Isaac, you're hurt!" Jaime gasped as she got her first good look at the men.

"Huh?" Isaac looked down and winced as he became aware of the injuries. Before, adrenalin had been masking the pain of the three gunshots but now they were all too apparent to the man. "Ah, fuck. I'm leaving a blood trail." Stripping off his jacket, Isaac began trying to staunch the wounds enough to stop the flow. "You guys ready to roll?" he asked, even as he growled softly from the pain he was causing.

Jordan appeared just a touch sick at seeing all the blood leaking from Isaac - which looked odd on his currently gruff face - but bit back the concern and picked up Teleperceptor. Using a shoulder, he shoved the crypt close - no need to tell where they have been and besides, it was sacrilegious enough squatting in there, no need to leave it open to the elements.

Jordan gave Isaac a sharp nod, then turned to Jaime and Melissa. "Let's go, girls." He looked back at Isaac and nodded straight ahead, instead of towards the main street. "This guy, Teleperceptor, told us there's more of 'em waiting for us by the road. We have to move over to the next section of the cemetery then cut over the fence, if we want a chance to get by 'em with being seen."

As they started to move, Jordan gave himself a mental facepalm, realizing a perfect opportunity was lost in his worry to get back to his sister. Shit! I should have picked up a radio and a gun from one of the GiBs and just pretended to be one of them and led them away until Jaime and the others could get clear.

Melissa smiled, and the blizzard moved as she did, almost imperceptibly, but still it moved. "Then let's get moving, the faster we get out of here the better."

She'd never kept a storm going this long, and was thankful it wasn't the middle of summer, as she doubted she could have done so. "Thank God for small favors."

Together they skirted the pursuers. Under cover of the massive white out blizzard there was little to fear; the howling winds, the blinding snow, and the disarray that Isaac and Jordan has wrought, all allowed the Indigos and Jamie to escape. The cemetery itself was a series of clearings set amid a forest and so going was slow as times, quicker during others. Pushing through the undergrowth that grew thickly at the border between the grounds and the forest took time, but the forest and the graves were easy enough, though now the snow was beginning to pile up, and causing their own speed to be slowed as a result.

The three were trudging through the leading edge, which meant only a few inches, but none of them were dressed for it, the temperature had dropped and thier shoes were getting wet and cold. Jamie finally asked the question on all of their minds, "Are we safe? What are we gonna do without our cars?"

"We walk," Jordan said, not ungently. He felt as worried as Jaime sounded, though he tried to keep it contained for his sister's benefit. "We aren't safe yet, home is only about four or five miles away. A good hike, but not that bad. We can come back for the cars later."

Jordan shifted Teleperceptor in his arms, making sure he was covered and comfortable. He began picking his way through the snow-dusted brush, making sure his footing was sound and kept an ear attuned for any sounds of pursuit. "Hopefully, we won't get turned around. Once we get out of the woods, I should be able to figure out the way home. We might even be able to catch a bus or call a taxi, if we can find a payphone."

"Hang on," Isaac said. His voice and color were good despite the blood that was leaking out from under his jacket. "Let's find some help. Gimme a moment."

Turning, he moved a short distance away and began to call, "Hey. Hey! I need a hand, someone." After a moment, he called again, waiting.

"Who-?" Jaime started to ask, only to stop when a feral cat slunk out of the underbrush. The tip of its tail twitched as it stared at them.

"Hi there," Isaac said, his voice warm and friendly. It was more regard than he'd shown for humans and it seemed to work on the cat, who untensed a bit more. Large ears swiveled, as if really listening to the man. "We need to get out of these trees, back to where humans are. Can you guide us out please?"

"I could," the cat replied, looking away scornfully. "What of it?"

"Will you? Please?" Isaac pressed, to the amused looks of those behind him. Jamie started to say something but Jordan shushed her.

"Why should I?" the cat asked, sitting down, as though to negotiate.

"You can come and live with me. There are others, cats, dogs, birds, a ferret, you can live with us and be safe and have a warm place to sleep."

"And wear a collar, and maybe get my nails removed, and not be allowed to eat birds. No, I've talked to house cats, I don't think its so nice." The cat stood, as thought ready to turn and go about its way.

"Food then. I'll bring you food." He looked back at Jordan and Jamie, and the oblivious puppy, "I'll get them to put food out for you every day. How about that?"

The cat shrugged, "OK. Follow me."

Breathing a sigh of relief Isaac followed the cat, and led the others through the woods to the nearest road. From there Jordan was able to lead them along the side roads back to their house, forty minutes and two miles later.

Jaime opened the door to their home, then Jordan carried Teleperceptor upstairs to the guest-room, carefully setting him down in the bed, making sure the wires coming out of his head didn't get tangled. The boy was out cold. Jordan got Melissa's help and they cleaned up his torn feet as best they could, then wrapped them in gauze.

Meanwhile, Isaac was downstairs dealing with the animals and a Jaime fussing over his wounds.

"Food!" the cat yowled in demand, arrogantly ignoring the pestering puppy dancing around with stoic disdain.

"I'm getting it," Isaac promised, looking through the kitchen for something appropriate. He found a fresh chicken in the fridge and casually ripped off the legs, then peeled the meat off the bones and set in on a small dish. He placed the dish on the deck in the back, near the door. "There. And I'll make sure there's something for you here every day."

"I think that was supposed to be for dinner," Jaime commented in a small voice.

The cat didn't deign to reply and sauntered over to the dish, giving the puppy a swat on the nose with extended claws.

"Owww!" the puppy whine plaintively.

Jordan came back downstairs with the dirty, slightly blood stained blankets in one hand, and a cardboard box full of old clothes to look through for Teleperceptor in the other. The box was set on the kitchen table - the decimated chicken earning a sigh - and the blankets thrown in the laundry room.

"Okay, Isaac, both you and they guy upstairs, Teleperceptor, need a hospital, or at least medical attention. That means calling Tess, I guess, if we want to keep this quiet." Jordan grinned ruefully, which wasn't nearly as compelling in his current, rough-hewn behemoth-like form. "I rather she take care of the bullets this time, don't you? Girls, help him to stop... leaking, then one of you try to contact Tess. Feel free to help yourself to anything in the kitchen." He smirked, then gestured down at himself. "I'm going to take a bath then change."

Jordan headed back upstairs to his room and locked the door, then entered the ensuite, locked that door, and started the water running. He quickly stripped, then entered the tub, wincing at the temperature of the water before adjusting to it.

In the privacy of his personal bathroom, Jordan let himself go, body shivering as he released the pent-up concern he had for his sister with a shaky sigh. The GiBs were becoming more and more omnipresent everyday it seemed, and they were far too free with their firearms. He was terrified that Jaime would be caught in the crossfire. It wasn't fair that she was in danger because of him, of them, and yet, he had no place else to send to her to try to keep her safe. Not that she would agree to leave if there was, he was sure.

Jordan growled, uncomfortable as a spasm wracked his body, bone and flesh writhing against his command. It felt like the throbbing pain of a pulled muscle and Jordan stopped fighting against his traitorous body, knowing that the episode would pass faster and with less pain if he did. He soaped up and washed his hair as best he could with his slowly, but continually shifting proportions, letting the hot water sooth his aches.

After half an hour, Jordan stepped out of the tub, pulled the stop, then grimaced at what was reflected in the full-length mirror on the back of the door. It was the first female form she shifted into when she was fourteen, a Lara Croft clone with Kimiko Mueller's slanted blue eyes and Rachel McPhee's long, vibrant red hair.

Jordan snorted with disgust, not believing she, or Pete, had thought she looked attractive at the time. The arms and waist were grotesquely thin, the breasts oversized cones that neither looked nor moved like anything real - not even surgically enhanced 'real' - and the eyes were exaggeratedly large. I look like a real-life anime character!

As she dried off, Jordan consciously and precisely reformed herself into the leggy, auburn-haired beauty that was known as Jaime's cousin and legal guardian. It was beginning to feel more and more like her natural form, though in fact, it was no more natural for her than any other.

She finished her transformation by getting dressed in a pair of form-fitting slacks and a nice blouse, composed herself behind the glamorous, girl-next-door persona she had painstakingly crafted, then headed back downstairs.

While Jordan was gone, Isaac tended to the puppy - mostly just soothing ruffled nerves and assuring the little guy that the pain in his nose wouldn't kill him. Then he called Tessa, to let her know that her medical expertise was going to be needed.

He got her voice mail. "Tessa, Isaac. Call me back. Need something."

With that brief message left, he shut the connection and waited, trying to ignore the pain in his gut. When Jordan showed up, Isaac nodded. "Called her," he said and fell silent again.

Melissa spent her time tending to telepreceptor, making him comfortable. She didn't know to do much more, and in truth, She wasn't too keen on all of this. Being hunted was something she hated, and the more she was around the others, the more likely she'd be caught and exposed.

Perhaps the worst of it though was knowing she didn't have a chance of escaping without them though. She hated that weakness in herself.

Jordan waited expectantly for Isaac to elaborate, then sighed as it evidently was going to come. "And...." she pressed, spinning her fingers for him to continue.

"Left a message," he finally added, lapsing back into silence.

Jordan shared a glance with her sister, but Jaime seemed more concerned than amused by Isaac's terseness. Jordan rolled her eyes and sighed again.

"Fine. Here, Isaac, let's get you cleaned up a bit. I'm not willing to suffer Tess' wrath again trying to remove the bullets, but we can at least wipe up the blood and cover the wounds with gauze so you don't leak everywhere."

Jordan rolled up her sleeves and put on an apron, then nodded at her sister. "I'm going to get the first aid kit and an extra shirt, and pants, I suppose, for Isaac. You preheat the oven then put in the frozen Alpine Melts and some fries. Dinner is going to be nothing fancy." Jordan gestured imperiously at Isaac as she began heading for the stairs. "You take off your shirt and try not to bleed on anything, please. Pants too if they're crusted with blood."

Leaving them to it, Jordan went back up stairs and went through her extensive wardrobe, finding something that would fit Isaac decently, then entered the guest-room. Finding a melancholy Melissa seating next to Teleperceptor, Jordan gave her shoulder a consoling pat.

"It's going to be okay, we'll get through this and whatever else comes our way," Jordan said softly. "A basic meal is going to be ready in about half an hour, please join us." Jordan picked up the first aid kit, gave Melissa one more look, then headed back downstairs.

Jordan entered to kitchen to find Jaime working on dinner, even setting water to boil for a bag of frozen mixed vegatables, and Isaac sitting on a kitchen stool in his somewhat stained underwear. Jaime kept stealing glances, though Isaac didn't seem aware of it, or care. Jordan frowned slightly, seeing the mound of bloody clothing on the small island in the middle of the kitchen, but didn't say anything.

Jordan carefully balled the sullied clothing into a plastic bag then threw them into the laundry room, then pulled up a stool next to Isaac and opened the first aid kit. Using a washcloth and warm water, she cleaned most of the blood, Isaac enduring it with resigned stoicism.

"Okay, this is going to sting a bit," Jordan warned as she dampened a wipe with peroxide. Isaac merely grunted, and didn't so much as flinch.

Fifteen minutes later, Isaac's chest and back were covered with a number of neat, taped squares of gauze, their centers dabbed with red. Jordan stood up, stretching her back, then removed the apron. She glanced down at Isaac still sitting on the stool, fingers toying with the puppy, her lips twisted wryly.

"You can get dressed now, you know, Isaac."

Isaac nodded and picked up the clothing that Jordan offered him. Without a word, he put on the t-shirt and sweats. Jordan was silent, watching him in a way that might have been off-putting to another man. Some guys would have thought they were being sized up for sex; instead Jordan was noting the stiffness to his movements and the tension in his jaw at the slightest movement. He was more taciturn that was normal even for him and they all worried Jordan a little.

“Can I lay down on your…” His voice trailed off as he caught himself. He couldn’t rest, not with Jaime around to guard. “I’m going to sit in your recliner,” he changed, pushing away from the counter.

He didn’t get more than a couple of steps before Jordan said, “You can lay down.” Isaac just shook his head and headed for the chair. He hurt though not too badly; not nearly as badly as the last time that Jordan had doctored him. He was still moving stiffly as he sat down in the more comfortable chair and relaxed a little.

Thankfully, the puppy left him alone and Isaac felt a little better. He closed his eyes, allowing his ears and nose to take over for them. He could hear the puppy barreling around the kitchen while Jaime cooked. Upstairs, he could hear Melissa moving. The most intrusive scent was Jordan’s; the unusual woman’s scent was all over the clothing and chair. It even covered the scent of the slowly cooking food.

• 2 weeks later...

Upstairs Melissa had gotten Teleperceptor comfortable, or as comfortable as she could make him with wires spilling from his skull. For his part the young man was largely unconscious, buried under layers of blankets. Melissa could hear the others talking and moving about below though what they were saying was unclear to her. The smells wafting up from the kitchen however were not. Despite herself, her fear, Melissa could feel the growing pangs of hunger, and likewise a growing fatigue in response to the earlier adrenaline and activity.

She was considering leaving the young man to sleep and going to join the others when he grabbed her wrist. Though he was weak the grip was firm. His eyes opened and he looked at her, "Where am I? Who are you? It's not safe, not safe at all!"

Jordan put away the first aid kit then washed her hands. She was setting out the dishes on the counter for supper, when she noticed Jaime's shoulders hunched, her sister focusing intently on the boiled vegetables, giving them a vigorous stirring they didn't need. The days events at the cemetery were hitting her hard now. She frowned in empathy.

"Jordan..."

"Shhh, sis, it's going to be alright," Jordan assured, giving her sister a tight hug from behind. She gave her a kiss on the top of her head like their mother used to. "We got through Dad and the Big C with Mom. We'll get through this too, you'll see."

"Stop that! I'm not a kid anymore," Jaime sulked, but she didn't squirm in Jordan's embrace, drawing strength from her sister. Looking like she did, and the way she acted, sexy and worldly, Jaime sometimes forgot Jordan wasn't even twenty yet, despite her driver's license claiming she was twenty-two. Sometimes, she believed Jordan forgot too.

"No. No, you're not, Jaime," Jordan agreed, sadly. All she had wanted was to give her sister as normal a life as possible - as normal as having a shapeshifting brother for a sister could be, anyway. "Here, looks like dinner is ready. We'll eat in the living room - it'll be more comfortable for Isaac and our... guest, if he joins us."

The siblings filled plates for everyone, then Jaime went into the living room, clearing off the coffee table, set down the water pitcher and glasses on it, and started opening TV trays. Jordan brought in the plates of breaded chicken cutlets stuffed with turkey and Swiss cheese, lightly spice fries, and mixed vegetables, bringing her several weeks as a Hooter's Girl to bear.

Jaime gave Isaac a nudge on the shoulder with a pair of fingers, jumping back as Isaac suddenly tensed and sat up, eyes snapping open. "Uh, sorry Isaac. Suppers ready," she informed him, pointing at the plate on the TV standing next to the recliner. "We got water here, but I can get you something else to drink, if you prefer."

Jordan smiled at the two of them. She wasn't sure if her sister realized she was crushing on the burly man, at least a little, but considering how they had first met, it wasn't unexpected. And though Isaac looked exhausted and wan, he was nowhere near as bad as at their first meeting. Still, she hoped Tess would call back soon. I might have to call Pete, see if I can borrow his car... And I should probably call Nico at some point too.

"I'm going to take a quick look upstairs, see if Melissa is going to join us and if Teleperceptor is well enough to eat. I'll be right back."

Jordan knocked on the door to the guest room before stepping in, having heard what Teleperceptor and Melissa had just said. "This is my home, Teleperceptor. Tiresias, from the boards?" she reminded him with a faint smile. But her turquoise eyes were intent. The thought of those Goons in Black assaulting her and her sister in their home made her heart race and blood burn.

"Yes, it certainly does seem like it's getting dangerous for people... like us. Are you well enough to come down stairs and maybe tell us what happened to you? We have dinner ready and we might have a friend who can help with... those." Jordan flicked her fingers at the wires coming from his head then offered him a hand up, if he needed it.

Isaac had actually been sleeping a little when Jaime had touched him. He’d awoken ready to fight, but had relaxed when he saw who it was. “Water’s fine,” he grunted as he levered himself upright, wincing against the pain in his body.

Jaime went and grabbed it while he resettled himself, finding a position that was both upright and comfortable. The young teen brought him a plate and water, smiling at him. Isaac relaxed a little more, relieved by the nearness of his pack mates. “Thank you,” he murmured to her.

“You’re welcome,” she said softly, folding her legs under herself as she put her plate on the coffee table. “How are you feeling?”

“Still hurt,” he said.

“We’ll get you fixed up soon,” Jaime told him, though her tone clearly said that was a wish and not a certainty.

“I’d like that.” He was silent for a moment. “This is weird. I can smell Jordan on me.”

If the man heard Melissa or Jordan neither could tell. His eyes rolled in their sockets and his mouth worked, dripping spittle down his front. He thrashed about in the bed violently and then stared blankly at the ceiling, "The metal man is not in control." His jaw worked silently for a moment, "The test has failed. Beware the pack of one." Blood began to leak from his nose as his eyes rolled up showing the bloodshot expanse of his sclera.

Jordan's mouth dropped open, watching Teleperceptor thrashing around, muttering senseless - at least to them - words. Jordan shook her head, rubbing at her temples with a hand. "Shiiiit!"

Moving with surprising swiftness, Jordan strode back into her room, tearing through her clothes, glad for her extensive, walk-in closet. Most of her clothing that was close to Teleperceptor's slender size was feminine, but she managed to scrounge up another sweatshirt and a pair of jogging pants that would do, along with socks and a pair of girl's running shoes.

Jordan came back to the guest room and tossed Melissa the clothing. "Wipe his nose and get him dressed, if you can, please," Jordan asked, barely stopping as she headed for the stairs. "I'm going to see if I can get us a ride, so we'll be ready for when Tess calls."

The worn steps creaked under Jordan's quick feet, alerting both Isaac and Jaime that she was approaching. The concern and distress was obvious on her stunningly crafted features, the way she brushed burnished, auburn hair over her ear again and again.

"Our guest just had some sort of... of fit," Jordan said in response to their questioning looks. She picked up her cellphone from the coffee table and scrolled through her call list. "I think waiting any longer for Tess to respond is a mistake. For you too, Isaac. I'm gonna see if I can get us a car - we can wait for Tess' call at the marina. Unless someone else has a better plan?"

A finely-shaped nail tapped the touchscreen, then Jordan placed the iPhone to her ear, listening impatiently as it rang. She looked at Jaime, pointing at the table and mouthing, 'clean up.' Seeing Isaac's oddly curious expression, she quirked a puzzled brow at him.

"Yeah? What's up, Jordan?" asked a man's voice as the phone was answered, slightly muffled with a bite of food.

Jordan took a deep breath, steadying herself. Pete knew about her, one of the very few non-indigos who did, but she hadn't told him about the others. "I need a favour, Pete, I need to borrow your stationwagon, and I need you to drop it off at my place as soon as you can." Pete knew that rich, husky voice, had helped Jordan develop it even, and he was sure he had never heard it sound tight with barely restrained desperation. "And need to you ask me no questions about it. I swear, I'll make it up to you, anything I can do. Can you help us - me - out?"

Melissa looked at Telepreceptor and then to Jordan. Her thoughts echoed Jordan's words. She cleaned Telepreceptor up and dressed him, getting him ready.

This was far beyond the bounds of things she'd expected today, and she was nearing her own limit with this.

She hoped that they could find a way to help the young man, but in truth she didn't put much stock in it.

Archived