The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Matt

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some SS from the game, mostly of my dragon kills, though my revenge on chicken-kind is in there and a less tasteful happenstance of Skyrim's feminine hygiene products (or lack thereof).

I have more, that are more interesting, but for whatever reason, imageshack won't detect them...I'll work on that.

Skyrim SS

Heh, I've got two characters now, my goodie goodie Nord warrior that is following the main quest line and saving the world from the Dragon menace.

And my Dark Elf thief who decided to take it personally that the Imperials tried to cut her head off. She's decided to respond by assassinating every Imperial in Skyrim leaving Tullius for last. Also, since it was Ulfric's rebellion that caused her to be caught up in the Imperial net she's going to eliminate the Stormcloak rebels. Finally, just for good measure she'll throw in the Thalmor since they were manipulating Ulfric at one point. When she's done there should be no more war, the Dragon's are just a nuisance and will be dealt with if they get in her way. ;)

I love how open ended these games are!

Edit: Legendary is the highest tier, it is above flawless according to what I just read.

That is a nice cap, wish I could run on Ultra, but my framerate drops down like crazy and my gfx card starts to sound like a jet engine.

Also...Breezehome has some seriously disturbed renters...they need a better screening process in Whiterun.

I got sick of things being "easy" so I started a new character and put the difficulty to Expert. Combat can be much more challenging now (mitigated heavily by a stealth focus and 6x damage "backstabs" with my fine steel axe). Playing through the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood quests is also providing a nice change of play compared to the Mage's guild (where I felt like an errand boy).

Hee...in my mage game I did some quests, but mostly I went artifact hunting. It was kind of cool. I went around, looking for clues/rumors/quests about unique items...then I went and tracked the items down for storage at the college.

Seemed a very 'archmagey' thing to do. :)

True, I've seen my friend doing it, and my character is good enough at sneak (not even wearing my top Sneaking gear) that sometimes I can almost walk right up to someone and still not be seen. But I went the archer route - only x3 damage, but with Eagle Eye and Slow Time, I can bring down an entire room before they now what has hit them - or pepper one guy with 3-4 shots.

It seems as though they may have over compensated with bows. They were weak to useless in Morrowind and Oblivion but now they seem almost broken powerful. I'm not sure what makes them so good, damage for the mace I was using was 11, vs 9 for the bow, but the bow took out a guy in two shots (this was level like 5) and the made took me a good amount of HTH and getting my health battered down, certainly not 2 swings of the mace that it "should" have been based on damage numbers.

Wait ... you ADD the arrow damage to the bows damage?! WTF, I though that the arrow limited your damage i.e. if you arrow is 7 damage and your bow is 10 you only do 7 ... no wonder bows are so good.

That would be stupid...my glass bow is up around 100, and the best arrows in the game I've seen are 20. They have to add.

Bows do a bit more damage per shot than an equivalent-level 1-handed weapon. They compare more favorably to 2H weapons, but do more damage there too. Why? Well, bows are 2 handed, but can't parry, and they have a fairly slow rate of fire if you want to do full damage.

They are pretty brutal though, no question of that.

That crafting mod (#8) would be pretty cool. Though I imagine that you could rather quickly break the skill progression for Smithing by crafting armor, melting it down, and starting over in a loop.

I agree, though Smithing isn't exactly hard to max out with a either a penchant for hunting wild creatures, or looping through towns with enough coin to buy out the leather and iron. Once I set myself to it, I had 100 Smithing very quickly.

Being able to make arrows seems logical, (since there are fletchers in the game). I'm not sure why they didn't add that as a perk of Smithing myself. It could have been down the center with crafting enchanted pieces, or even just an option of the various perks you get...once you can craft glass, you can craft glass arrows. Would have given me a reason to put perk points into the heavy side for the better arrows.

Archived