Dave's Epic Scion Game of Epic Epicness

Vivi OOC

Now that I have your attention!

Dave will (hopefully) be getting 'net access back next week, assuming his schedule and the cable guy's mesh. In the meantime, he's asked me to make everyone aware of a game he'd like to run when he gets back to the forums.

The Premise:

1,000 years ago, you were a god. Literally. You hung out in your pantheon's demiplane, screwed with mortals, ate grapes and plotted and schemed and created legacies. It was awesome.

Now? Well, now you're stuck in the unaging body of a mortal, banished to the human realm and stripped of your powers. You've been living among these frail, fragile beings, trying to avoid the inevitable issues that arise when a person just never gets any older, and probably getting more jaded and bitter with the passing of the centuries. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Your crime? Daring to rebel against the matriarchs and patriarchs of your respective pantheon when they struck a bargain with the Titans, granting the gods continued dominion over their realms while the Titans were freed. It was a truce, they claimed, that granted both sides what they wanted. It would bring peace, finally, and after aeons of bitter war they would all simply be allowed to get on with existence. They begged, cajoled, and threatened, but you refused their pact, and were cast from your lofty perch to dwell on Earth and await the end of days.

The (Basic) Rules:

• Pick a god. Voila! That's your PC... Mostly. You're a pale shadow of your former self, so everyone will be starting as typical Scion heroes. Standard character creation.
  • There will be five players, with Dave choosing the submissions based on concept and compatibility, and possibly whimsy. He may draw lots from a hat, so I can't offer any input on whether a submission will be selected!
  • One god per pantheon will be selected for the sake of diversity. Alternatively, if only a couple of pantheons are represented, the game will be limited to those instead, with a few slight alterations to the back-story (which I am not presenting here so he can adjust as needed.) Modern pantheons, player-created pantheons, and the Atlantean pantheon are off-limits. Chances are good that if you need to ask if one is acceptable, it probably isn't.
  • None of the matriarch/patriarch gods are available for play. You can't be Zeus, Odin, Hera, Osiris, etc. (Yes, this includes Loki.) All of these will be NPCs.
  • Relics approved on a case-by-case basis. You're more than a mortal, but only barely, so Poseidon won't be wielding his trident just yet.
  • If you choose a deity who has a social or mental focus, you will need to adjust for some combat experience. While other abilities will be useful and even necessary at times, you will need to be able to defend yourself.
  • You do not have to role-play the god strictly according to established legend. Remember, you've been pretending to be human and living among mortals for centuries now. Aphrodite might be a jaded diva, for example, or Thor might be an angry drunk who weeps silently on his hammer-shaped pillow every night.

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. If I don't know the answer already, I'll pass it along to Dave and get one for you.

Questions? Comments?

Yep! That was the concept for one of the proposals.

EDIT: Not intended to discourage anyone from drafting a similar concept. I'm sure if Dave isn't cool with the idea of multiple, or any gender-bending PCs, he'll let me know and I'll pass it along.

Quote:

None of the matriarch/patriarch gods are available for play. You can't be Zeus, Odin, Hera, Osiris, etc. (Yes, this includes Loki.)

Heh. Loki was the very first thing that came to mind when I started reading the game idea. wink

Seriously however, I'd pick Vulcan. Only thing is that I don't know anything about the Scion system. Is it possible to get crafty and make stuff in that system?

That would be an interesting Scion! I'm pretty sure there are crafting skills, but I don't have a book handy at the moment, so I'll leave that one open to someone with a reference.

RE: Gods cursed to genderbend: Dave says the idea is taken, and he'd prefer to limit the number of those submissions.

We're texting back and forth with questions and such, so if there's something you're curious about, chances are I should be able to get you an answer pretty quickly!

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
Only thing is that I don't know anything about the Scion system. Is it possible to get crafty and make stuff in that system?
I don't think there are any "gadget" rules if that is what you're asking.

I like Vulcan the character and he's got that "I am a plot device" thing going for him (he's got the trophy making power)... but I think the system basically limits "godly creation" efforts to off-stage situations.

hmm... don't know anything about the system so I don't know what trophy making means.

And as for as godly creation, I wasn't figuring he'd have power to create big artifact kind of things, just that he'd be great at making things beyond the normal. He'd be like a Nicola Tesla or a Thomas Edison. Vulcan was also a god of trading according to the mythology so it makes some sense.

I was kinda picturing an inventor who carries a pearl handled gun and makes all kind of gadgets.

387343_2010022110030151.jpg

Character Concept: Sunny Kay, aka Sun Wukong

Name: Sunny Kay

True Name: Sun Wukong

Nicknames: Monkey King, The Sage Nowhere Equal to Heaven (self-given Post-Expulsion)

Apparent Age: very late 20's, early thirties.

Apparent Ethnicity: Asian

Height: 5'8

Weight: 160 lb.

Former Pantheon: The Celestial Bureaucracy (Or as he sometimes calls them, the League of Pen-wielding Morons)

History: The famous, boisterous, controversial and very powerful Great Sage Equal to Heaven was one of the loudest and most indecorous voices in arguing against the pact, which itself did cause a bit of shuffle and downsizing in the Celestial Bureaucracy. No surprise considering that the leaders of a stable and most orderly divine pantheon chose to make a deal with the Titan of Chaos and its kin, but Sun Wukong took it a step further, deriding the intelligence of the Jade Emperor and the Five Heavenly Emperors, and eventually in desperation, managing to provoke a massive brawl in the halls of the Purple Forbidden Enclosure of Heaven.

That action, more than anything, has kept the whispers and rumors, the quiet and private discussions over tea pots about the motivations of the Handsome Monkey King, alive even to this very day. The notable factor was his vehemence and desperation in opposing letting the Titans free. His history is well-known, so was it simply over the top opposition? Fear of being targeted by various titanspawn that he had alienated by ascending to Godhood and fought during his Journey to the West? Or, as some of the darkest chatter goes, was he doomed no matter what he did, a sacrifice and concession for the safety of the Celestial Bureaucracy?

Regardless, it is known that in the end of the fight, Sun Wukong barely had time to react to the sentence pronounced on him before the shen tore away almost all his powers and quite literally threw him out of Tian into Earth.

All the thrown out gods have wandered certainly, but Sun Wukong did so more than most, only settling down from a drifter's life relatively recently. Originally, he spent the first 400-500 years in China and Southeast Asia, before changing his direction to Japan.

When the Dutch traders came in with the blessing of Ieyasu, Wukong went out on a Dutch ship back to Holland, and divided approximately a century and a half between England and the Netherlands among the Westerners before judging it safe to return to China. Since the 1880's he was wandering back and forth in the United States.

The reason for all this traveling was as the shen thought, Sun Wukong had the strong belief, warranted or not, that the Titanic enemies of his were bound to take advantage of his losses and attempt to exact revenge on him for his 'betrayals.'

Several years ago, he felt he had covered his tracks enough to decide to take a break from all this traveling and settle down in San Francisco. Still a gymnast and martial artist more able than the best mortals, he has a part-time job as a martial arts instructor in many disciplines, supplementing his income-gathering with playing street music and collecting bills from the occasional passerby. He never takes the same route twice though, and he has few students despite his skill, not getting too open with them and severely scrutinizing them.

His boisterous personality is rather frayed, his barbs are sharper, very frequently used to insult or drive away people. He sometimes intentionally starts a scrap or gets into another sort of mess because he can, and it provides distractions for anyone who's trying to follow him, of the Titan-serving variety.

He's not paranoid, heavens forbid! But he is very alert, very on guard enough that the distinction may be academic. In this bitter, seemingly-eternal parody of his previous adventures, he is not the Great Sage Equal to Heaven swatting away godlings. He is the monkey fleeing from hunters, hiding out in the concrete and natural jungles alike.

hmm... don't know anything about the system so I don't know what trophy making means.
You kill a monster, sometimes (ST permitting), it leaves a "trophy". Say, it's heart can be made into a rock that lets you access the Earth Purview. However transforming the later into the former requires the artifact creation skill/power.

I was kinda picturing an inventor who carries a pearl handled gun and makes all kind of gadgets.
Gadgets, in the sense that you have stuff which is either better than can otherwise be found or which incorporates magical properties, are effectively only created at character creation.

dolph.jpg

Character Concept:Thor, aka Gunnar Torsdag

Name: Gunnar Torsdag

True Name: Thor

Nicknames: Ving, Hammer

Apparent Age: late twenties, early thirties.

Apparent Ethnicity: Scandinavian

Height: 6' 8"

Weight: 290 lb.

Former Pantheon: The Aesir

Distinctive Marks: Red-gold hair and lightning-blue eyes. Long life wandering as a near-mortal has left Thor with lots of scars and tattoos across his arms and body. On the back of his right hand above the knuckles is a tattoo in runic-style english script reading "I say." On the back of his left the same script reads "Thee nay!"

Pre-Expulsion History: It was only natural that Thor, god of Strength, Destruction and Lightning, would scoff at the thought of making peace with the Titans. It was a cowardly way out, the deed of a nithling (dishonorable, despicable person). Unfortunately, Thor was never the best at keeping quiet in the face of overwhelming opposition, and said as much to Odin's face, pouring his scorn on the All-Father and all those who agreed with him. "You trade the glorious battle of Ragnarok for a coward's bargain with those who wish you dead, old man. I suppose it is as well: ones so afraid of death will surely fall with wounds in his arse and thus merely have to watch the truly brave as they feast and revel in Valhalla!"

It took most of Odin's supporters and the All-Father himself to throw Thor out of Asgard, and loud was the wailing and clashing of arms that day. They stripped him of his might, and his hammer, and his godhood. But they were never able to make him admit to fault or surrender his position that they were all cowards and traitors.

He's drifted through the centuries since, taking solace in fighting good fights wherever he's found them. In the modern age, though, war has become a matter for soldiers and politicians, not warriors, and there is nothing but shades of grey and complication, so the increasingly bitter Thunder God has taken to working in construction and demolition, putting his skills to work tearing down old structures so that new ones can be built in their place. It satisfies... barely. When the work is done, strong drink, a good brawl, and the occasional dalliance with mortal women suffice to numb his pain.

But he still dreams of the thunder of his goat-drawn chariot, still feels the burning power of Mjolnir in his hand. When he sleeps he rides the lightning once more, and wakes up weeping.

Quote:
None of the matriarch/patriarch gods are available for play. You can't be Zeus, Odin, Hera, Osiris, etc. (Yes, this includes Loki.) All of these will be NPCs.

So, I would assume that for the Egyptian Gods that Ra, Anubis, Geb and Set would be off limits as well? (Specifically asking about Geb, wouldn't mind being a farmer...)

Originally Posted By: Courier
Gadgets, in the sense that you have stuff which is either better than can otherwise be found or which incorporates magical properties, are effectively only created at character creation.

I think Dave would make an exception for Vulcan/Hephaestus, as god of the forge.

Originally Posted By: Stargaizer

So, I would assume that for the Egyptian Gods that Ra, Anubis, Geb and Set would be off limits as well? (Specifically asking about Geb, wouldn't mind being a farmer...)

Don't have the books handy, SG, but I'll get with Dave for you.

EDIT: Atum-Re, Sobek, and Set are off-limits from the Pesedjet.

Update:

Relics

Dave suggests not purchasing Relics at creation, since some may require ST oversight/approval. Instead, he recommends setting aside the dots you wish to spend on Relics until he's able to discuss your ideas with you personally.

Rating

Per Dave, this will be an adult game. If you are not comfortable with violence, sexual content, or harsh language, you will not enjoy this game. While he says that he has been willing to make concessions in other games for players with these preferences, this is not going to be one of them.

Scion-Hades.pngCharacter Concept: Hades, Lord of the Underworld

Name: Adriana Dionekou

True Name: Hades

Nicknames: Ana

Apparent Age: Early thirties

Apparent Ethnicity: Mediterranean

Height: 5’10”

Weight: Approx. 150lbs.

Former Pantheon: Dodekatheon

Physical Characteristics: Dark hair and dark, dark eyes, coupled with a penchant for wearing tailored clothing in sombre shades. Hades possesses neither visible scars nor tattoos, but perhaps the most striking change in the Unseen One’s appearance is the fact that he is irrefutably more… er… in touch with his feminine side. Physically, he is a tall, athletic, olive-skinned woman with a gaze that could pierce stone: the very picture of a shrewd modern-day businesswoman. If said businesswoman’s shoulders are a trifle broad, and her voice occasionally drops now and then into a deeper, more authoritative register, well, this is an age of enlightened views on such things.

Then and Now: Of the three sons of Cronus and Rheia, Hades was the least given to spontaneity. He lacked the fickle sense of whimsy that characterized the Lord of Olympus, and the rebellious spirit of the Ocean Lord. It was fitting, then, that he often served as advisor when one of his siblings sought his counsel on some weighty matter. Zeus assumed, when he spoke at length with Hades about the proposed bargain, that the shrewd god would easily see reason, and that his sense of duty in maintaining his rulership over the Underworld would prevail. To the Olympian’s surprise, it was precisely this sense of duty that led to first a civil disagreement over terms, and finally a heated row among the gods on the very crown of Olympus itself.

Before all the assembled gods, Hades denounced his brother as a traitor to the Olympian ideals of excellence, settling instead for the mediocre “peace” and tentative security the pact would afford them. He railed at the foolishness of the most august of the gods, informing him frankly that he, Hades, had long been in a better position to observe the cunning of the Titans than any of the hedonists on Olympus. Enraged at the audacity of his brother’s betrayal, Zeus lashed out at him, and Hades responded in kind. When Hera intervened on her husband’s behalf, Hades struck her down, and during the ensuing battle, she cursed him as he was flung bodily from the abode of the gods, tumbling helplessly to the earth below.

When he awoke, broken in body and bereft of his powers, the full import of her curse soon became apparent, and however he clawed at the unforgiving stone, it refused to yield to his weak, womanly hands as once it had. Numbed by the weight of his failure and his loss, he stumbled half-heartedly through the mortal realm, searching for an entrance into the Underworld where he might consider all that had transpired, but none were open to him. He could not even gaze once more upon the face of his bride, and bitterness and despair were as lead in his heart.

In the intervening centuries, he has turned to the accumulation of wealth and resources as a means of exerting control over his life; his natural charisma and cunning have provided material comfort and whatever measure of influence his new appearance allowed. The rise of the Byzantine Empire kept him close to Greece, enjoying the prosperity that golden age afforded the region in various guises as the barren wife of a bureaucrat or the distant relation of some invented merchant-prince who chose to patron notable artists. The familiarity of the cities, the people, and the landscape was a double-edged sword, however, and he departed with a heavy heart in the 12th century, fleeing the memory of his kingdom, his brother’s treason, and his lost bride.

The 15th century found him in Florence, the 16th in Rome, the 17th in Toledo and Seville. Soon after, he travelled to the burgeoning colonies of the Americas, intrigued by the idea of this “New World.” As the borders drifted west, so too did Hades, following the promise of wealth and power in pursuit of some unknowable, implausible hoard to fill the void within him with its cold certainty and security. In the modern age, Hades sits at the throne of a corporate empire, with his flagship company, Dionekes Investment Securities, based in Seattle, WA. For largely selfish reasons, he has always fully supported the various movements devoted to women’s rights, and when boredom strikes (which is often, these days) he can often be found screening movies in his palatial top-floor office.

Still, gold and silver can only go so far, and even the novelty of excess for its own sake soon wears thin…

Do each of us have to fight seven titanspawn if we're going to become gods again? laugh

Now, serious questions:

1. Is there still serious enough amounts of Scions that we will eventually run across them?

2. What's it like in the world with "peace" between

the Gods and Titans?

3. I know you'll be discussing possible options for Relics, but considering our situation, it doesn't largely sound plausible for us in most cases to have Followers, Guides, or Creatures, just imo. So how are we going to thus deal with the 'Birthrights issue' unless you don't foresee one?

Originally Posted By: Dave ST
If you have some questions, I'll try and answer them.

Thanks for the opportunity Dave. I have some questions that have me stumped and hopefully you can help. popcorn

At a movie theater which arm rest goes with my chair?
Does a lightning rod on top of church show a lack of faith?
If a king is gay and marries another guy what is that guy to the royal family?
How old do you have to be before it can be said you died of old age?
Why do superheros wear their underwear on the outside of their clothes?
Why are all of the Harry Potter spells in Latin if they're English?
Do Chinese people get English sayings tattooed on their bodies?
Why does the Easter bunny carry eggs?
If girls with large breasts work at Hooters, then why don't girls with one leg work at IHOP?
What was the best thing before they invented sliced bread?

Originally, I was going to go with one of the other members of the Tuatha, I was thinking Aegus, Brigit, Manannan Mac Lir or Lugh. In fact, I even considered Ogma for a time, but in the end, Morrigan screamed at me as the most likely member of the pantheon to go against the others, she wouldn't let me alone, and I finally had to give in. Working on the sheet now, let me know if I need to make any changes.

Name: Morag Nemain

True Name: Morrigan

Nicknames: Babd, Morrigu, The Phantom Queen

Apparent Age: Mid 20’s

Apparent Ethnicity: Caucasian

Height: 5’7”

Weight: 117

Former Pantheon: Tuatha Du Dannan

darklady.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Distinctive Marks: Striking beauty, dark looks, almost ghostly pale skin, tattoo of a black crow in flight on her back right shoulder, belly button piercing, strong Irish accent.

Pre-Expulsion History: Fierce, direct, and deadly, to the Morrigan, goddess of battle, change, fertility and war, the idea of peace with the titans was more then simply laughable, it was an insult to everything she was, and to everything the gods had achieved. She couldn’t believe Danu and Dagda were serious when they brought the idea up, and she laughed it off, as she left the council of gods.

When she found out differently, she argued against the matter for some time, pointing to her knowledge of prophesy, that it was going to be the cause of a fall of gods. She didn’t realize that her prophesy was actually about herself, such was her pride and self assurance that she thought she was safe, and that she would be able to weather the storm, as she always had before. As a warrior goddess, it sounded like surrender, and while she could accept defeat in battle, the idea of actually surrendering was anathema to her.

Finally, however, the rest of the Tuatha made up their minds, and Morrigan couldn’t believe the choice, as a goddess of battle she fought them, and she indeed had a great deal of power and force to bring to bear against the others. Unfortunately for her, it wasn’t enough, one goddess couldn’t defeat an entire pantheon alone, and as she didn’t have the power to face her entire pantheon alone, and in the end, she was defeated, but in her defeat, she found a measure of victory, for she cast off her divine aspect and fell to the realm of mortals below, if the Tuatha would betray all that they stood for.. they would do it without her.

Somewhat to her surprise, the rest of the Tuatha respected her choice, and otherwise left her alone, making no further attempt to persuade her, and in fact, some of them even chose to speak with her from time to time. To her, however, these last thousand years have been more of a strategic withdraw from the battlefield then a true defeat.

Centuries as a mortal have tempered her somewhat, she remains tough, fierce and a bit cruel, and not all that merciful, she’s somewhat more understanding of mortal fragilities then she once was. Additionally, though she’s still rather self-confident, she’s nowhere near as proud as she once was. She tends to dress somewhat provocatively, in a daring or challenging manner.

Morag as she goes by now, remains in contact with the Unseelie Court, much less powerful then the Queen she used to be, but still possessing allies among them. She also still has crows who come to her when she calls upon them.

Withdrawn

morrigan.jpgCharacter Concept: The Morrigan, the Tuatha Goddess of War and Prophecy

Name: Morgan O’Sidhe

True Name: The Morrigan

Aliases (former): Morrígu, Nemain, Mor-Ríoghain, Babd, Macha, Phantom Queen, the Washer at the Ford

Nicknames (current): the bird lady

Apparent Age: early 20’s

Apparent Ethnicity: European Caucasian

Height: 5’7”

Weight: ~230 lbs

Former Pantheon: The Tuatha de Danaan

Physical Appearance: Once upon a time, The Morrigan was tall and unquestionably beautiful. Her hair, either black or red at her whim, was a glorious fall of waves. Her eyes were flashing and strong, while her body was strong and athletic. At the moment of her banishment, she had black hair and striking blue eyes – but she was stuck in a youthful guise, locked away from her fearsome glory of her hag. Lately, she’s gotten flabby in addition to annoyingly young but this is her fault. Despair has created depression in the near-mortal and living the standard US lifestyle has put on the pounds. She’s a bloated shell of what she once was.

The Fall: The Tuatha de Danaan had long resisted the Firbolg, but then Nuada lost his courage and Danu backed him. The Morrigan wasted no time in leaving her throne in The Veiled Court to decry the truce as a gutless shift in policy. She remembered how she’d killed the Firbolg by the hundreds in their battles; now she was to suffer them to live? It was too much for the goddess of War, especially when she foresaw the futility of such an action. But to her shock, no one listened her prophecy. That was when the Morrigan lost it.

Screaming, she denounced all those who backed the truce as cowards and no better than the Firbolg themselves. Before all of the assembled Tuatha de Danaan, she ranted and railed, rebuffing their pleas to understand, to be calm or just to be silent. It was the last that truly angered her: they demanded that she deny what she had seen? They denied her prophecy? Her flock of ravens screeched in unison with her, giving further voice to her rage. Be silent?! How dare they demand she hold her tongue!

The Goddess of War lashed out, striking at all who supported the truce. Her act of aggression tore the pantheon asunder, into the sides that agreed with the truce and those that didn’t. Those that did outnumbered those that didn’t, and soon those who didn’t agree were cast out into the mortal realm, stripped of almost all their powers.

The Morrigan found herself on a beach in Galway, bereft of most of her powers. Only her most loyal of her ravens remained at her side, Niall.

Since Then: The Morrigan quickly set herself up as a powerful Irish warlord, using her meager powers to form a cult around herself as the Phantom Queen on Eire. Her goal was to regain enough power to rise against the gods themselves, overthrow them and annul the cursed treaty. But the Tuatha de Danaan rose against her again, still afraid of their former Warrior Goddess. They tore her band asunder and reduced her gains to ashes and charred bones.

The Morrigan moved on from Ireland and tried again. Again, she was stopped by the Others working against her. With their greater strength, she couldn’t stop them.

Determined, she kept trying. She did everything she could think of but she was found and stopped each time. Gradually, she began to follow the humans wars, doing what she could to feel like herself again: prophesying the death of soldiers and even helping bury the dead. She fought when allowed or when she could disguise herself, losing her pain in the fury of battle.

But war changed. It stopped being about the Courage of the soldiers and became a matter of distant technology. Humans came to understand the psychological price of combat, but instead of paying the toll, they sought to insulate their soldiers from it, defying the natural order. Killing became pushing buttons and using computers. The Vietnam War, with its close-up violence offered her some hope that humanity was returning to the Old Ways of War, but that didn’t happen. Instead, the soldiers were reviled for doing the hard work of war and humans insulated themselves from violence more and more. Soon, the only way she could see a good killing was to watch television.

The last thirty years have been hard. After the Morrigan realized that things weren’t going to change, the fire that had been burning in her died. The once-steely, cruel former goddess sank into despair. She drifted into the background of America, wearing the guise of Morgan O’Sidhe. Her wanderings more or less stopped in New Orleans where she set up a business telling fake (happy) fortunes and getting fat. Niall is very worried about his goddess, but isn’t able to do much to stop her. Caught in misery, the once goddess is almost completely crushed by life.

DannyTrejo28.jpg

Character Concept: Huizilopochtli, God of War, Blood, Death, and Sacrifice.

Name: Huizilopochtli (Hugh Trejo)

Apparent Age: Forties?

Apparent Ethnicity: Hispanic

Height: 5’6”

Weight: Approx. 180lbs.

Former Pantheon: Atzlanti

History: History: If there was anyone who wouldn’t have a problem with a long, bloody war where the participants were likely to die, it would be the god of war, blood, death, and sacrifice. When Huitzilopochtli first heard the news about a truce he thought they were joking. He was stunned at the idea of the pantheon suing for dishonorable peace to save their own lives. If circumstances called you to fight, then you did. If you were called to die then you did. People of honor, be they men or gods, should look forward to their glorious, honorable death (and those who choose something else could look forward to having their blood spilled in other ways). His views on the subject had been expressed many times before and he had a long and well known history of action against dishonorable warriors. No one was surprised he didn’t take to the idea of peace and argued against it forcefully during the meeting. No one was surprised he got angry, nor were they surprised at the fight which broke out. Everyone else was prepared. Their combined efforts killed him, and then they threw his corpse out onto the Earth.

He didn’t stay dead of course… but that wasn’t a surprise either. When he came back Huizilopochtli found himself less than a shadow of his former self. Even dying shouldn’t have taken that much out of him, someone did something. At first he was almost blind with hate and rage. He spent many centuries trying to drown his troubles in blood and anger, and it didn’t work. He’s no closer to being whole than when he started.

Even for him, 1000 years is a long time stay angry. It was inevitable being stuck as a mortal would grind him down. The fire inside even a god of rage must eventually die. Huizilopochtli has resolved to find a way to kill himself when that happens… but he wonders if it isn’t already too late. He hasn’t forgiven, or forgotten, but he has “adjusted”.

As a mortal, his temper and godly methods led to prison and worse time after time. Eternity in prison is bad enough without also spending eternity in prison. He can’t drink, mixing alcohol with his inner fire leads to murder. Similarly he can’t trust himself around guns or violence. The god of war hasn’t been in the army or even touched a gun in over a century.

It’s cost him his edge. He knows it, he hates it, but he doesn’t see what else he can do. He tells himself that oceans of blood wouldn’t drown his rage, but he’s too weak to go down that path. He’s weak and dishonored. He tries to forget that he used to delight in spilling the blood of people like him.

Currently he’s a doctor of sorts. The only knife he trusts himself with is a scalpel and the only people he uses it on are the already dead. As a forensic investigator he works with knives and death and blood to protect society… just like before. Sometimes he wants to believe that. Sometimes he’s afraid he does.

EDIT: Serious Rewrite

1. Is there still serious enough amounts of Scions that we will eventually run across them?

-It's possible, yes. Think of the prestige an evil Scion could gain by being the one who slew Hades, or Hercules...

2. What's it like in the world with "peace" between the Gods and Titans?

-Look out your window. We call it 'Modern Times'.

3. I know you'll be discussing possible options for Relics, but considering our situation, it doesn't largely sound plausible for us in most cases to have Followers, Guides, or Creatures, just imo. So how are we going to thus deal with the 'Birthrights issue' unless you don't foresee one?

-Really? You've been around for a thousand years and you managed to somehow end up knowing nobody (Followers)?! Wow, poor you.

Honestly, you'll not have much. No Relics, no Birthrights, and creatures and guides are not very likely unless you have a good reason to have them, like a guide for Hermes who still sneaks away to fill him in on the juicy gossip that goes on back home still.

As your God regains power, your relics will be returned to you and you will be rewarded with all the fun stuff a god gets.

On the plus side, since you are a GOD, you will not need birthrights to activate your associated purviews.

At a movie theater which arm rest goes with my chair?

-The right one. (Fact)

Does a lightning rod on top of church show a lack of faith?

-No, it just shows that Christians know Science, they just had to be dicks about it first. In 1786, the Parliament banned ringing church bells during storms, since the ringer ran a high risk of being struck by lightning. The lightning rod was a good answer to this. Look the whole story up, it actually quite interesting.

If a king is gay and marries another guy what is that guy to the royal family?

-He would be given an honorific title, depending on culture but would not be next in line to the throne unless the King had no heirs... which is highly likely in this case.

How old do you have to be before it can be said you died of old age?

-After 50.

Why do superheros wear their underwear on the outside of their clothes?

-They change in phone booths and live in caves... obviously they aren't all there.

Why are all of the Harry Potter spells in Latin if they're English?

-Because anything spoken in Latin sounds profound.

Do Chinese people get English sayings tattooed on their bodies?

-No. Their culture is so much cooler than ours, why waste the ink?

Why does the Easter bunny carry eggs?

-Easter is a Pagan holiday named after the Saxon Goddess of Fertility in Northern Europe named "Eostre". The Egg and the Rabbit are both symbols of fertility.

If girls with large breasts work at Hooters, then why don't girls with one leg work at IHOP?

-They can. I've actually been to an IHOP where the server had a prosthetic leg, she was hilarious about it too.

What was the best thing before they invented sliced bread?

-Butter. The best inventions often facilitate the sudden need to invent something to use it on.

Archived