Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Fiction - Moving Days

Terra Sonora Xia

Time/Space Local: February 10, 2010, Sahara

Reality: Terra One

The day after her short battle, Revelation looked over the palace of crystal she had made, and decided it was time to move. As she moved though the shattered crystal she picked up some of the broken crystals from the battle, and held them in her hand a moment, before letting them spill back out of her hand. Even as she did, one of the nova's who'd gathered around her spoke up.

"So, what now?"

"Now, I am going to move, I think Antarctica might work this time."

"Your just going to retreat?"

"Of course not, I won this round, but I am thinking I prefer any future assaults to be on ground that costs them a bit more to reach. Besides, I never was entirely happy with the work I did here, I have thought it could be better for a while... perhaps something more collective, maybe we should all work together to build it."

The other nova cheered up considerably at that particular thought. "That could be cool, so your thinking of somewhere in Antarctica?"

"For now at least, someplace harder for enemies to reach, but open to friends."

• 2 weeks later...

With nothing more then a thought, Terra was walking along the snow covered surface of Antarctica, and taking in the stark beauty of the land. As she walked, she left footprints in the snow behind her, even as her body adapted to the extreme cold, and a soft coat of luxurious fur covered her skin. It wasn't really noticeable, except up close, one would have to be standing right next to her to even see any sign of it, and to touch her to actually be sure. Terra herself didn't even think about it, she was far more concerned about finding the right spot.

At the moment, she was was walking along the Transatlantic mountains, teleporting, actually was more like it.. jumping from spot to spot for a look, allowing her to study a location, walk around a bit, then move on.

The seasons in this part of the world were reversed, and as such, in February, it was summer, though sense this was so far south, all that meant was close to 24 hours of sunlight.

• 2 weeks later...

Of course, even in constant sunlight, Antarctica was cold, but she didn't really notice that at all. Moving though the mountains, like a young girl who was playing at skip, she jumped from location, to location, until she finally found a promising spot.

A bit of a valley within the mountain range, by her judgment, baseline humans wouldn't be able to come here at all, at least, not without a lot of difficulty. It would take someone who could fly, there wasn't enough room for a airplane, and the winds in the area seemed bad enough that even a helicopter would have trouble.

"Perfect." She both thought and said aloud, then she jumped back to the desert location to gather the others.

• 4 weeks later...

When she had returned, she gathered together the terats who had begun to gather around her particular personality, attracted by her beauty and her charisma, as well as a few who had been attracted by her actions and words so far were present.

"Ok, I've found a place that is prefect, we can easily keep it a nova's only location, but it is very cold, not a problem for me, but it would be a problem for some of us, so I'll need someone to work with me on design, Julian and Evelin, you have experience in the areas needed, so I'd like your help." Julian had worked in construction before he erupted, he was very physically capable, and was a qualified engineer. Evelin was a physicist and interior designer, not to mention, incredibly bright, super-humanly so, so she thought both of them would be prefect.

Click to reveal..

Sense I know she's begun to gather folks around her, they should be terats, and any nova is very capable, but I expect not more then a few, I figure most of them are about 30 nova points, and fairly new terats at this point.

• 1 month later...

"Of course." Both of them had responded well to the superhuman beauty and charisma of the young terat. "Come then, let's see to it, not every nova is perfectly adapted to the extreme cold however, I suspect we'll need to do a good bit of work to make the place hospitable to most nova's." With that, she reached out and touched each of them, and one at a time, transported them to the location she'd chosen.

Evelin shivered, and then stopped as she began to surround herself in an aura of heat, though it caused the snow around her to melt .. "It's too cold here, Terra, it's a good thing I can produce heat if I need too. " She glances over at Julian a moment.

"I am fine, Eve, I can barely notice the cold, unless I think about it."

Terra glanced at them a moment, then back at the side of the mountain covered in ice. "Here we are.. I think, inside the cave there should do."

"Perhaps a heating system once begun would also be in order." She spoke aloud, which had Evelin nodding, and a shrug from Julian. "It did get really hot in the desert, from boiling to freezing, I suppose it's from one difficult location to another."

"Well, I considered the moon, but that had it's own problems, maybe in the future something off planet, but for now, I think this will do. Let's draw up some plans first, while I see what I need to expand in the cave."

Archived