Delightful Eeeeevilness!

Dawn OOC

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to give you the wrong impression, Max. There's no "time crunch" from me on this game either. My response had more to do with the fact that I had put up some Edward posts and set up a scene meant to involve some of your characters, and other than Mel and Shae (not that Mel and Shae showing up isn't important too!) I hadn't had any responses. I had also put up some OOC posting intended to let people know that it was open to anyone, and encouraging people to post.

If people are too busy with other posting and life stuff right now, I'm not trying to press them. It just means I'm going to have to alter the way I've been approaching my Edward posting so far.. up until now, I had been originally counting on a lot of interactivity with other players in "For Want of Power". The lack of posting led me to assume that perhaps people had lost interest in the game.

Also, I'm willing to wait if this is just on your back burner but you do still want to be involved. So I guess what I need to know is whether you're planning on bringing your character into "For Want of Power" or not, Max. Same with you, Long. I'll take my cues from that. laugh Thanks!

I am definitely planning it. Theres been some delay due to external factors (illness and keeping up with other games), but also some internal factors like trying to work out my character's plans and relationship with Long's character. That's especially tricky because I'm not often on chat, so it's kind of hard sometimes to coordinate. smile

• 1 month later...

It has been more than a month since there was any activity in this game. I said that so long as anyone was posting, I'd continue to reply but it appears that no one is interested in continuing. In light of this, I'd ask that those who have approved PCs give me a bit of feedback - what could I do better next time? I'm interested in improvment.

My main issue has been a lack of other participants. I'm not great at OW games, and while this one isn't, it is more player-led than a standard ST'd game. The Quartet works best when they have other PC's to play with/against.

I found myself stuck in a huge gap between knowing the basic gist of a plan, and actually carrying the plan out. Each time I sat down to actually write something, it felt ludicrous and ill-considered to me...even though it was all based on ideas that seemed to make sense during the planning process.

That, and the simple fact that pretty much every time I put together enough time to post something substantial, there was some other game I was part of that people were waiting on me in.

Between those two pressures, the evil game just became impossible for me to get around to. Combination of mild creative block and mounting demands from other games.

So I'm sorry to everyone who was waiting on me. I wanted to make it work. Hell, I still do. But nothing's changed for me yet and I've no idea when or if it will. Most recently, I actually came to the conclusion that I'd built the entire character wrong, and needed to redo her because it just didn't make sense as it was.

I guess in the end, my problem was that there was always a smart way to do things, and a fun way. The smart way wasn't fun. It was boring. Extremely viable, extremely effective, but not FUN. The fun way was also dangerous and inexplicable...in every case it failed the, "But why would she do it that way?" test. That's really the best way I can think of to express it.

Once again, I'm sorry I let everyone down.

Oh. Hee.

My issues weren't ST related. My only complaint about your performance is that you failed to read my mind, and read the future, and come up with a perfect solution for my troubles without me having to ask for help.

Shame on you!

In all seriousness, my reasons were similar to Shae's. Not enough people to make it work. That's no fault of the GMs, but just one of those things to bear in mind. Dawn did a bang-up job providing a gallery of heroes and other rogues as opposition, though. The only possible improvement I can think of would have been to have other players making up hero characters so we could have a blast foiling each other every story arc. grin

Archived