My Halloween Tabletop RPG Game

Matt

The game went really well.

I would normally consider myself a player's Storyteller. I do a lot for the players and try to find ways that they can feel successful with their characters. But this was a one shot game using Cthulhu rules so there were no punches pulled, and every little misstep by a player was brutally punished. Of course the players were aware of this going in, which led to a lot of the fun for the game.

The adventure was D.O.A. 2 from Blood Brothers 2. That book, along with the original Blood Brothers, are probably the most fun games that I have ever ran. Not all of them are great, but they take little time to prepare for and provide some great entertainment for a few hours.

Here is the overview from DriveThruRPG:

Do you have gaming buddies coming over tonight and don't know what to wear, or more importantly what game you'll run? Blood Brothers to the rescue! We'll provide you with 13 fun-filled adventures for Call of Cthulhu and you provide the popcorn. Each of these thrilling adventures is playable in one game session, making Blood Brothers the perfect source for all your one-shot gaming needs. Or your meddling kids and spookbusters can play through all of these adventures as a B-Movie marathon campaign. It's more fun than Mystery Science theater because this time you're players are the scream queens.

Archived