New/Old game

Davenrell

Alright, I do want to be running a game I just can't decide what I want to be running. So I will throw it open to others to decide. Below I will put a brief description of all three games and put up a poll. People are allowed to vote for as many of the choices as they want and in the end the game with the most votes will be the one I start, with the hope that everyone who votes for it at least will be joining.

Game #1 Game of Thrones:A Cold Wind Blows - This will be the resurrection of the game I started earlier. It will pick up where it left off with the addition or subtraction of characters as necessary. Game description follows.

Westeros is currently experiencing a time of peace. The reign of Robert Baretheon goes peacefully and the lands are enjoying the bounty of a long summer. In the southern lands Robert is preparing a grand tournament which many of the kingdom are flocking to. Meanwhile, off the western coast, the iron born are building their forces, preparing an attack on Westeros to reclaim their rights.

Game #2 Warhammer 40k:Witchcraft, Heresy, and Mutation - In Dark Heresy you play a group working for a inquisitor. You are sent through out the galaxy to aid the inquisition in locating the taint of chaos, preparing for xenos, or picking up dry cleaning. If your inquisitor tells you to do something, you don't question. This is a person who can order the destruction of a planet, be frightened.

For those not familiar with the 40k universe it is a sprawling sci-fi setting where humans are only one of many races constantly fighting for dominance of the galaxy. I can not fully emphasize the level of darkness that this setting has. This is the kind of setting where a ship will enter hyperspace only to reappear four thousand years later, having spent all that time in a place worse than hell. Every planet can have demons or deadly aliens just waiting to subject everyone to horrors that would shatter even the most stoic mind. This is not a game to play if you have any issue with graphic themes.

Game #3 Cyberpunk:Because we're too Damn Pretty - Welcome to the United States of 2020. Mega-Corps are in control of everything. Everything except what the cyberpunks take from them. Currently all eyes are on New York as rumors are floating that one corporation is working on a new technology that could mean the end of the age of Cyberpunks. Everyone is holding their breathe, shoring their resources, and jacking in to the net to try to figure out what is waiting just around the corner. Could the end of the Mega-Corp reign be coming, or the end of the only real power left in the world that can challenge them?

I would be using the revised 2nd ed. rules for Cyberpunk that rely on D10s for skill rolls and D6s for damage. Cyberpunk is a futuristic setting that I like to call Pre-Apocalyptic. World governments are mostly seen as powers that are allowed to exist as all power is in private armies and corporations. Most cities are warzones where gangs of cyberzombies and druggies fight the police while the corporations watch from on high. In it you are one of a group known as the Cyberpunks. Mercenaries, hackers, reporters, and corporation members who have your own ideas of how the world should be and are perfectly happy to blow a few things up to bring about those changes.

So here is the poll. You can vote for as many of the games as you like and after three weeks I will take a look at what the people want and try to give it to them. Please do not vote for a game that you only "kinda" want to play and most likely won't stay in for longer than two weeks. If you are interested in a game and want to know more about it before you commit then please post questions here or send me a PM. I will say that the minimum I want to start any of these games are five people so if no game has five votes at the end of three weeks I will just shelve and develop these games more and try again in a few months.

Heh. Darrik is still interested in figuring out how to manipulate... I mean...advise the yokels- Iron Men! laugh

Interested in CyberPunk too.

40k: Believe it or not, I play a lot of Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader on another site. So I've enough of that right now, but I'm more than willing to advise or be a resource.

Bah! You would have to talk about opening up AGoT again now that this character account has been re-tooled for Aeonverse. arge

Heh.

At any rate, I'd be interested in GoT again, though prolly as a different character. Thinking a shady, ruthless rogue, similar to Diarmuir from the now-dead Warhammer Fantasy game.

Come to think of it, he'd fit well in Cyberpunk and 40k too...

Oh well, I've cast my votes grin

After thinking about it, I am going to restart AGoT. This does not mean I am against running the either two games, although I don't know about running all three at once. If I get enough votes for either cyberpunk or 40k I will start up a discussion about which one to do now and which one to start later.

So at this time I suggest that people go ahead and head in to the archives to read up on where we left off. I am going to start posting in the general discussion there again and ask that people respond so we can get some activity to get the game unarchived. I also ask that we leave this thread for discussion of the other two games for now until we know what is going on with them.

Archived