Eric Stoltz as Marty McFly in Back to the Future

Matt

For those that haven't head the story Eric Stoltz was originally cast to play Marty McFly in Back to the Future. Five weeks into principal photography Robert Zemeckis decided that he made the wrong casting decision and with the guidance of Steven Spielberg recast the role with Michael J. Fox. As far as I know the footage showing Eric Stoltz portraying Marty has never been seen. The video below is part of the upcoming Back to the Future: 25th Anniversary Trilogy Blu-ray.

Michael J. Fox had other large roles but playing Marty McFly was the highlight of his career, at least for me. I really like Eric Stoltz, but it is very strange to see him playing the character. I do think that Eric looks more likely to be the son of Crispen Glover though.

Originally Posted By: Mike OOC
Wanna feel old?

If Back to the Future was made today and had the premise of sending the protagonist back 30 years, he would be going back to 1980.

I had actually mentioned this fact to some freinds, I posited that if we heard about a BttF reboot in the next 3-4 years I would not be shocked at all as it would allow them to have a kid go back to 1985 and maybe interact with the original characters/story.

I really hope that doesn't happen but we know Hollywood is short on original ideas ...

Archived