Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Fiction - Reflections of Home, Pt. 1 [Complete]

Sonja Bahaar

The meal was good, the conversation though awkward, he enjoyed. Sonja was a fun person as he'd always known.

as the music played, he knew he'd not get a better chance. Evidently she was thinking along the same lines. He chuckled following the silence after they both asked the other to dance and nodded. "Of couse i would Sonja, come on."

He got up and extended a hand to her, leading her to the dance floor. Both possessed of inhuman grace and dexterity, the mutant couple was soon alone on the dancefloor, as everyone else sat and marveled at them. Only when the music stopped much later did they really notice.

In an effort to bet more people back out, the band switched to a slower song, and though he was nervous, Smiled up to Sonja and pulled her close, one hand between her shoulder blades, the other in the small of her back.

"Nobody back home would ever believe this."

He smiled to her. It was a struggle not to look at what was right in front of him, and he tried very hard. The aura of warmth around them was enough to keep others from getting to close, it was pleasant for the two of them.

he didn't say anything more until the dance was over, and reluctantly unfolded his arms from around her, having to actually cosciously pull his arms back. "You're an amazing dancer Sonja, just like everything else."

Her arms looped loosely around Daniel's neck as they slow danced, Sonja was privately glad she had forgone the heels. Though Daniel admirably attempted to keep his focus away from what swelled just below his chin, his eyes couldn't help but stray occasionally and he was well aware of every breath she took. With heels on, he might have suffocated, she thought, a faint smile tugging at her lips as she looked down at him.

"Well, I used to take dance lessons and did ballet when I was younger," Sonja admitted as Daniel led them back to their table. She was surprised by the tinge of regret she felt when their dance ended. She had gyrated on the dance-floor, but she hadn't really danced, with a partner, in years. "Y'know, before I... grew out-up!" She arched a pale brow at him. "You're pretty damn good yourself, Daniel."

At their table, Sonja and Daniel had dessert and finished their drinks as the listened to The Cadillacs play, the other dancers both gratified and regretful that the apparent Novas had vacated the dance-floor. Then it was time to go to the movie-theater. Sonja might have been annoyed about not paying her share, except she didn't actually have any access to funds anymore, so instead she like it slide as more male gallantry on Daniel's part. Daniel left the waitress a generous tip, then offered Sonja his arm once more and got the car door for her, then drove them to the theater.

The theater looked more or less like they did back home, but the movie posters were quite different, most with actors and actresses they didn't recognize and many of them digital, shifting right before their eyes. Even movies series they were familiar with often had a different slant in this Nova world.

"So, what do you want to see, Sonja?" Daniel asked, willing to give Sonja the choice and trying to ignore the eyes turning their way as well as Sonja was doing.

"I'm... not sure. Things are the same, but they're really different too, if you know what I mean." Sonja gestured surreptitiously at one particular movie poster. "Like, look! James Bonds is one of these Novas and it isn't even Daniel Craig. You pick." Sonja was actually enjoying just relaxing and going with the flow.

"Okay..." Daniel looked at the listings on the automated ticketing machine, glancing at the small pics next to each one, until one caught his eye, an action movie that was might have been a vague nod to Sonja's Icelandic heritage. Hell, one of the characters in the background even sort of resembled her. "How about this one, Ragnarok?"

Sonja smirked, wondering what her mother and the Skjalmos back on the remote commune in Iceland would think about this movie. "Sure, why not. I like action flicks and the cast certainly is pretty." And they were, man and women alike, particularly some of the women that looked something like biker-chick-Valkyries.

Daniel bought their tickets than handed them to the stammering usher who couldn't take his eyes off of Sonja, who ripped them in half and directed them to right theater. As they walked down the hall, Sonja tensed, hearing the usher whispering to a colleague. "Holy fuck man! I think Babezilla there has even bigger tits than Bombshell."

Leaving the ushers debating her merits versus those of whoever Bombshell was, Sonja and Daniel walked into the theater and looked around for seats. There were a bit early, but Ragnarok seemed either relatively new or popular and seats were filling fast. They found a pair near the back, but found there was a problem, Sonja's legs were too long for the space between the rows of seats, so they moved, getting seats in the front row of the upper tier of seats.

As the lights dimmed, someone stuck sitting behind Sonja muttered about being stuck behind an overinflated sex-doll, but one purple-eyed glare and one squished, metal cup-holder had him stifling any further protests. Though he did silently curse himself for not stealing a glance at her rack when she leaned over the seats.

Mollified, with a satisfied grin on her face, Sonja settled down as the commercials ended, the screen faded to black, then the inevitable trailers began.

The previews were fairly standard, nnothing really standout, though the effects looked better than Daniel remembered them being. The movie began and Danile was impressed with the biker valkyries. One looked particularly amazing, though he preffered Sonja, even if she was half a foot taller than him. He sat next to her and watchthed movie, noting when Thor showed up her breathing changed.

He had to admit, he guy playing Thor was definitely an imposing figure, Connor something or other, he hadn't been paying attention.

The movie continued, and The action was intense, Thor cut down everythone in battle, he was an implacable foe, and his hammer knew no equal.

He spared a glance to sonja on the sly, seeing if she was enjoying this as much as he was.

He waited for her to lean up a moment, and slid his arm behind her, when she looked over to him he just smiled innocently. His hand was on her shoulder, and arranged so that he couldn't do much else, and without making her physically uncomfortable.

The aura of heat was low and simmering, enough to keep them warm in the rather cold theater, but no more.

Despite going to movies with boys before and always being wary of their methods, when Daniel put her around shoulders, Sonja was still surprised. When he smiled at her, she found herself giving him a brief one in return. Leaning into him slightly, Sonja was also surprised she found his hand there, and his simmering hear, comfortable. Though Daniel not immediately trying to grab a handful of boob probably helped.

She might have felt bad ripping his arm off and beating him to death with it when a version of Daniel's parents had just gotten their son back.

The movie was pretty decent, the modern day telling of Ragnarok greatly amusing her, even if it was heavily Americanized. The guy playing Thor, while maybe not quite as hot as Daniel, still made her heartrate increase. He reminded her a little of Alex, only with about a hundred more pounds of muscle and actually being taller than her, exuding a fierce vitality.

Then again, one of the Valkyries, who looked a good deal like her and probably had the same problems finding a bra that fit, though with pure silver hair, was so fucking hot, she made Sonja start questioning her orientation for a moment, before she shook her head, dispelling the odd thought. Sonja wasn't the only awestruck by the impossibly gorgeous woman, her keen ears heard at least half the crowd stifle a moan when she appeared on screen. The woman was also a tremendous actress, belying her exaggerated beauty, and deserved a bigger part in the movie in her opinion. Sonja actually felt a bit sad when Reginleif died.

After the movie ended, the two teen mutants sat close together, Sonja's hand resting tentatively on Daniel's thigh, his head resting on her shoulder - since the other way didn't really work - watching the credits, which Sonja insisted on. When she saw named of the person playing a certain Valkyrie, she stiffened and leaned forward.

"That one Valkyrie was played by someone called Jason Bellefleur?" she exclaimed, voice rising in a shocked tone as she pointed at the screen.

"Have you living under a rock?" the guy who had been cursing her height mocked, though he ameliorated his tone under her purple-eyed glare. "Jason 'Bombshell' Bellefleur was a dude, until he erupted into a her. A what a hell of a her he is, that rack- ow!" He was cut-off by his date slapping him on the arm and urging him out of the theater, giving Sonja an envious and annoyed look in passing.

"This is a strange place, Daniel." I can't believe a guy built like that - like me - can even bring himself to leave the house, fuck, or even his bed.

Heading out the theater and back to Hummer, Daniel pressed his luck even further, reaching out to hold Sonja's hand. The very tall teen hesitated at first, the slowly relented, entwining her fingers in his, giving him a small grin, as the continued to the vehicle, swinging their arms.

Once again, Daniel got the door for his God-to-honest date - it was still hard to believe he could say that about Sonja - the slid behind the wheel and looking over at her. She looked back, purple eyes bright, curious, and something that almost seemed... vulnerable.

"Now what?" she asked softly.

Daniel was aghast inside. He echoed her response. "I do believe you're right."

The walk to the car went better than expected, and he smiled. She asked him a fun question, one he knew better than to really push his luck on.

"We can go down to the boardwalk. The shops are mostly closed, but's nice to see this time of year, and nobody will bother us. Besides, there's no crowds now like during the day."

He drove on, trying hard to remain calm. They were really doing this, and all his appendages were still attached. Part of him expected to wake up, or to catch a glimpse of himself lying in a hospital bed with a blanket over his face.

That never happened. When they arrived he nodded. "Keep in mind that technically we're minors. There are still curfew laws here, so we should be going home."

His grin was impish and mischievous. "I didn't pay too much attention to them when I was young, I don't plan on starting now."

as they got out he locked up behind them and offered her his hand again, which she took, and he led her down the walk. To his suprise, they had The USS Kid still, an old WWII Destroyer, and lights were all on it. "looks like they're restoring her."

The industrial parks across the river wer aglow, never ceasing. Suprisingly, there was no odor, something he was quite happy about.

"You know Sonja, This has been alot of fun."

Walking hand-in-hand with Daniel down the Boardwalk, the night wind a cool caress on her mostly bare legs, Sonja took a deep breath of the bracing, clean air, her swelling contours drawing Daniel's eyes like gravity, despite himself. She was a popular and friendly girl, but she had held herself somewhat aloof from the whole dating scene, reckoning boys were only interesting for one - okay two big - reasons, and figured she'd just wait for more mature ones after high-school.

But despite what 'Neca claimed, she didn't certainly hadn't considered herself some remote ice-queen. Now though, a tiny part of herself was maybe regretting not getting into the dating scene earlier - at least into something more than a perfunctory movie, more for appearances sake than anything else.

"It has been," Sonja agreed, looking over and down at Daniel, giving him a brief smile, flashing a hint of sophisticated California girl that few noticed pass the athletic capabilities and exaggerated curves "I'm glad we did it, despite the curfew." She chuckled lightly as she glanced around the Boardwalk and across the water. "Have you noticed how different this place, this world is?"

Daniel smirked, blatantly eying Sonja even more developed curves and held up their linked hands. "Not really..." he teased.

Sonja snorted, her fingers tightening around his for a brief moment before she urged him along the Daniel, seeing what else there was to see. "Not that, more that just that," she amended. "The air is clearer here, the water cleaner. Even the cars are quieter and did you see the effects in that movie?! It was as good - better - than 3D, and we didn't even need to where the glasses. There isn't that simmering hostility between humans and mutants we had to deal with back home."

She looked back down at him, purple eyes bright and glorious. "I miss my family but this world... This world holds so much... promise." A small, sharp breath puffed a long tress of platinum hair from her face, then she nodded at the reminding length of the Boardwalk. "So, what else is there to see, what else is different? And the same?"

He smiled to her. "Sadly, no, there's not a whole lot to show you right now. They aren't going to let us into any of the clubs, and all the shops are closed."

"I brought you here really because I just enjoy being around you, and I knew we wouldn't be gawked at out here." That was actually true, nobody elese was around, and the tone of his voice made it clear he really didn't have any darker motives.

"As for the differences of the world, yeah, I've noticed it. "I remember the smells of home, and this place has none of them. It's like all the pollution is gone. Novas are veritable deities here, and can do most anything."

He smiled up to her. "I know this much Sonja. This world is a virtual paradise compared to home, and since we're suck here, I say we make the best of it, and see all there is to see."

He nodded once, deciding that now was his best chance "I'm glad I'm not alone here, and no matter what happens, I'm glad to be here with you." With that and a movement that was much faster than she'd seen, his hand reached up behind her head, pulling her down to him, and he kissed her, ready to accept whatever wrath he'd face.

When Daniel ran his fingers through her short, silken hair, Sonja froze in hesitation and Daniel knew if she didn't relent, his only recourse would be to scale Mount Sonja, which would probably result with him being thrown way out into the water. Still, it was a risk he was willing to take.

For a moment, Sonja held back. Daniel wasn't the only boy who had tried to steal a kiss from her, but he might have been the only one who really seemed interested in her and not just getting to second base with the super-hot, big-titted mutant. Tentatively, she lowered her head, planning on giving him at least a perfunctory kiss.

Their lips met and what was meant to be brief turned into something more. Daniel could tell Sonja was inexperienced, in this at least, but as she began to pull away - knowing there wasn't anything he could do to stop it - he persisted, making her jump a little with is darting tongue, and finally, she melt, returning his kiss with equal ardor.

With Sonja no longer holding back, Daniel found his breath taken away, and success made him bold. The hand he had on her slender waist began sliding further around and down, but he had barely started for his goal before his hand was caught in Sonja's implacable grip and twisted behind his back. Then he found himself pressed up against the side of a building, toes barely touching the ground, her impressive breasts flattening firmly against him, making it even harder for him to catch his breath. Sonja might have been inexperienced, but she learned quickly, her tongue turning into a writhing demon in his mouth. He now believed every muscle in Sonja's body was enhanced.

Just as silver spots were beginning to flare across his vision, Sonja finally broke their lip-lock, letting his feet settle completely on the ground. She brushed some hair from her face and looked down at him, still keeping him pressed against the wall, swollen lips parted in wonder.

"I've never - I didn't mean to - Uh... wow," the amazonian teen stammered, her breath a warm caress across his skin, her gold-flecked purple eyes bright and intense. He sure knows how to kiss... A vivid blush bloomed on her sculpted cheeks. "I'm more grateful than you know that I'm not alone here, really alone," she added softly before taking a long step back and straightening her dress and hair.

Gaining a hold of herself, Sonja gave Daniel a quarter smirk. "I bet you we could get into any of the clubs, everyone's surprised that I'm only sixteen and that was before I added a few more inches... here and there." She stretched out an open hand for him to take. "But I'm having fun just with you, no one - almost no one - gawking at us. How 'bout we start heading home, only... don't rush me, 'kay? I'm still new to this."

Her more forceful osculation suprised him, quite pleasantly. She was still protective of other areas, and he accepted that. It had worked out better, as he nearly had the wind knocked out of him by her breasts pinning him to the wall. There were few better ways to go he was sure of that.

"That was abit "Wow" wasn't it?" He grinned at her with a smile that made her feel warm inside, the way his aura did externally.

"I'm sure we could, but we couldn't get any drinks. Besides, do you really want to go drunk-watching?"

He reached up and massaged the side of her neck, then took her hand. "I'm quite happy ith the current company I'm keeping." He began leading her back to the hummer and smiled up to her. "There's no rush Sonja, Neither of us is going anywhere, and besides, despite what rumors you may have heard about me, I have never been one to force anything from a woman."

His wrist was a little sore, but he shrugged it off as they got back into the hummer. "I'll tell you this much, I've never been kissed quite like that before." There was alot of sincerity in his voice.

The drive home was quiet, his parents already asleep. Upstairs between their rooms he paused smiling to her, and once again pulled her down to him gently and kissed her again. "Goodnight Sonja, thank you for a wonderful night."

The two mutants parted, a look in both their eyes, and went to their rooms, the taste and sensation of that kiss lingering upon their lips. It was a wonderful beginning, something neither would forget.

Archived