Exalted: Dreams of Exaltation - Prelude: Into the Elemental Pole of Oil

Krul

"It fled, rather than face death. Smart of it, but I shall keep an eye out for it. Just in case, however - bar the door while I am away."

If the mariners didn't have anything else immediately pressing, Vanguard headed back to the ship to facilitate the rescue.

The fact that she had caused the creature to flee had the man look on her with a greater measure of awe, but indeed they didn't have anything else, other then a few wounded who were stabilized already, she soon enough was able to hook up the ship and being the return to the city.

Having dealt with greatest menace out here, soon enough she pulled back into the city of Loran three days later, to find the city preparing for battle.

Click to reveal..

This is just about a hour after Director is given command, so you made record time.. the city is not yet under attack.

The ship took them back, pulling into the dock. There was no ceremony, since no one knew when they'd arrive - there was only the shipmaster who was on shift.

He alerted the doctors in the city, who came quickly. Vanguard and her crew helped them through the hatch, Vanguard being the last to go. She looked tired, but happy, as the last of them left the ship. Then, with less hesitation than she'd imagined, she stepped off the boat and onto dry land.

"Make sure they are checked for injuries - I may have overlooked some. I am heading back home, to get a more... ah, seamless, set of components installed."

Archived