Aberrant RPG - Cosmetic aberrations and Unearthly Beauty

Wanderer

Which "cosmetic" physical aberrations (or aberrations taken as Flaws) do you feel are compatible with Unearthly Beauty ? Androgynous seems to be and so do some forms of Disturbing Voice, Glow, Strange Scent, and Anima Banner, but what about Aberrant Eyes/Ears, Bulging Muscles, Colored Skin, Aberrant/Chromatic Hair, Fur/Feathers, Hairless/Bald, Scales, and Hermaphrodite ? They all diverge significantly from the "ideal beauty" way a nova with UB is supposed to look. OTOH, several of the above are to manifest often in novas with positive Mega-App, so perhaps they are compatible.

Aberrations that make the nova look hideous, like Transparent Skull, Extra Sensory Organs, Bug Eyes, Oozing Skin, Sheer Hideousness, or Sloughed Flesh, or explicitly drop his Appearance, like Big Head and Enlarged Eyes/Ears, are obviously incompatible, and so do aberrations associated to Mega-Ugliness.

I think that you have it well covered. Still...some aberrations such as Sex Object, and the like seens quite approprite!

Of course. I just had not taken those aberrations in consideration since they are quantum ones, but they are very appropriate.

IIRC, "Aberrant Ears" (from Brainwaves) & Vestigial Limb (interpreted as a prportional housecat's tail) could be used to make a catgirl or catboy nova. Lacking the social difficulties of Taint, I'd imagine such a nova would have quite the fandom in Japan & among anime enthusiasts.

Lets see... "wings" (for angelic-ness), "horns" (the sexy devil is a standard). Nothing prevents you from describing "Aberrant Eyes" as "slowly shifting color" or even "clearly filled with lust" (although that might work better as a banner).

An aberration which made your clothes quickly dissolve/rot away might be interesting. And we're coming out with another fan abby book soon and that will list a ton more physical aberrations.

No, no, not "quickly dissolve."

"Automatically be destroyed by any attack in part or whole, regardless of attunement or force fields."

;-)

There's still Eufiber and Shapeshifting, tho. However the aberration may be written so that the nova is unconsciously unable to use powers to remedy wardrobe malfunctions or combat clothing damage. ::laugh

An aberration which made your clothes quickly dissolve/rot away might be interesting. And we're coming out with another fan abby book soon and that will list a ton more physical aberrations.

Don't remind me. If that book doesn't come out soon, I might start climbing walls out of frustration. ::angry

Archived