Aberrant RPG - Sin-Eater's Taint Control power

Wanderer

So, Sin-Eater seems to have a yet unwritten L2-L3 suite version of Aberration Transfer that, we are told, allows to erase mental and pshysical Aberrations and raise Taint levels in other novas, although these effects are always temporarily. We are further told that Aberration erasure lasts for enough time to be sold as a servive to appearance-conscious novas (hence it is not a Maintainance effect), and that Taint-related bodywarping can be provenly used with deadly effects on baselines and potentially also on baselines. The lethal effect is likely a technique that enhances the deadly effect of giving Aberrations to baselines that we see in Aberration Transfer, while removal of Aberrations is likely a technique variant of AT that works on others with an Extra that extends the duration to at least days if not weeks.

Has anyone ever done a writeup of this power or is willing to speculate on it ?

Re: Sin-Eater's power-

IIRC correctly someone wrote up a "taint mastery" power in the Aberrant Companion - which may or may not cover what we're talking about- but that's about it AFAIK.

Note: The Aberrant Companion was found at http://users.nac.net/corporal/aberrant/ circa 2002 (no idea if that site is still active, dead or stored at the Internet Archive), and is in no way related to the Aberrant Compendium that I collected & edited.

You know, I can't remember. . . but does *any* power currently known let you add taint directly to someone else, temp or permanent?

Not that I'm aware of, and IMO it would be rather abusive. I think that "fading" Taint, which goes away on its own after a while, like S-E is told to bestow, is just the right balance.

Re: Aberrant Companion-

I've managed to dig out my hardcopy of this & Found a "Taint Mastery" lvl 3 power. As this is clearly a pre-APG release, it would have to be rejected for consideration. AFAIK, consensus here at EON was that any suite power affecting Taint would be lvl 5 and require Quantum 8.

Sin eater presumably has all the "taint" manip powers in AB:Teragen (they were written for one assumes).

We *do* know of one other nova who could (making several assumptions) manipulate Taint. I forget his name but he made the blight in Trinity.

On the subject of the blight btw, it's area of effect suggests it was created with a level 5 power. Further since Trinity is *high* taint... it's possible that this wasn't a result of Divis screwing up, that there was a nova with a level 5 power who could actually increase the Earth's taint levels.

Sin eater presumably has all the "taint" manip powers in AB:Teragen (they were written for one assumes).

Yep, in all likelihood she has Aberration Transfer and Chimeric Aberration, the former (or perhaps even both) with an Extra that allows her to use it on other nova (she does need a "stable" of baselines to victimize by dumping her clinets' aberration on them for a while, but it is nothing that a Teragen with ample resources at her beck and call can't easily arrange).

Of course, if there's a Level 4 power that allows you to inflict real taint on a ( single ) other person, she could theoretically have a heavily restricted Level 3 variant. Maybe not combat usable, but if she can inflict real taint on anybody she has ten minutes chance to concentrate, and ability to dump half her quantum pool. . .

Of course, if there's a Level 4 power that allows you to inflict real taint on a ( single ) other person, she could theoretically have a heavily restricted Level 3 variant. Maybe not combat usable, but if she can inflict real taint on anybody she has ten minutes chance to concentrate, and ability to dump half her quantum pool. . .

Which L4 are you speaking of ? I reread Quantum Authority, and it does nothing of the sort, so I'm honestly oblivious of which power you mention. ::confused

No such power currently exists, but I could buy a Taint Authority power existing, analogous to Quantum Authority.

Quantum Authority however can make NO alterations to quantum signatures that last more than a few hours at best. To make permanent alterations, or ones that span months, you need Quantum Supremacy. All the more reason to assume that a power that may give perm or temp Taint would have to be level 5, a Taint Supremacy.

All the more reason to assume that a power that may give perm or temp Taint would have to be level 5, a Taint Supremacy.
Yeah, implying that Wycroft (sp?) was a nasty piece of work even by Harvester standards.

I think what we're looking at is a specific (theoretical) weakness that the children have. Sin-Eater has a "dump taint on someone until they die" power, exact mechanical description unknown and maybe not relevant. The children are basically pre-eruption.

In theory if Sin-Eater dumps a ton of taint on a pre-eruption nova, either they'll die or they'll erupt. If they erupt they will probably erupt as a high taint nova.

Assume 80% die and 20% go high taint. This (both outcomes) would be a MASSIVELY good thing for the Harvesters.

Of course all of this is theory, but it's Sin Eater's theory.

I think what we're looking at is a specific (theoretical) weakness that the children have. Sin-Eater has a "dump taint on someone until they die" power, exact mechanical description unknown and maybe not relevant. The children are basically pre-eruption.

In theory if Sin-Eater dumps a ton of taint on a pre-eruption nova, either they'll die or they'll erupt. If they erupt they will probably erupt as a high taint nova.

Assume 80% die and 20% go high taint. This (both outcomes) would be a MASSIVELY good thing for the Harvesters.

Of course all of this is theory, but it's Sin Eater's theory.

As I said in the other thread, ABA explictly makes Sin-Eater's theory very wrong, since Terat 2nd Gen are born erupted and very resistant to the kind of Taint that cannot be channeled into Chrysalis. It seems that she lacks any familiarity with the Chidren's nature and she is making a lot of wrong assumptions.

Archived